PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
  • Harbinger - The Hunt Begins


    And so it beings. The Steelbirds were only the beginning. The robots seem to have refitted and retooled the War Titan Typhon that crashed into Hadesheim six years ago.

    Satellite surveillance was blanked momentarily by electro-magnetic pulses from Hadesheim, and as they came back online, infrared photography revealed new structures under the cloud cover of the crater. Some of them were active, launching objects in suborbital mid-range trajectories on Eudoria.

    Colonel Briers in Port Atlantis has confirmed that CDF and CFA will cooperate to take the fight to the Steelbirds. He also hinted that CDF is developing a strategy to investigate the crater and the mysterious drops over Eudoria, but as they are unfinished, CDF does not want to reveal them at the moment.

    New Features
    include both seasonal and permanent Iron Challenges, story missions and a mining challenge. And last but not least, Shared Loot! Our new feature allows us to share loot from event mobs. The feature, if activated, splits loot among everyone that inflicted damage on the mob similary to the rule "Damage: Stack Share". Team loot rules are ignored for these mobs. We have activated shared loot on Steel Bird Elite spawns for this event.

    Read the full release notes here.
    Comments 46 Comments
    1. CrestIV's Avatar
      CrestIV -
      Shared Loot feature.

      Maybe i am too pessimistic, but doesn't that mean that some assholes, will put a couple of shots into pretty much every Steel Bird Elite they see, that somebody is already shooting at, hoping for either a share of a big loot or an "undeserved" item drop ?

      Shared loot on a "boss" mob would be a pretty decent thing on an normal event spawn to me it only smells like trouble.
    1. Malacalypse's Avatar
      Malacalypse -
      Easy enough to avoid though since its only event mobs. But sucks if you really want to hunt those mobs I guess.

      Those things look like the good 'ol robot spaceships! Are they back in mining?
    1. PW3CKA's Avatar
      PW3CKA -
      Hmm, very cool whats happening with the calypso now, thumbs up for FPC!!

      But i am also concerned with items drops from shared loot , i can imagine what CrestIV said, some asshole running around shooting with opalo all mobs praying for item drop ?
    1. Mikass's Avatar
      Mikass -
      Quote Originally Posted by PW3CKA View Post
      Hmm, very cool whats happening with the calypso now, thumbs up for FPC!!

      But i am also concerned with items drops from shared loot , i can imagine what CrestIV said, some asshole running around shooting with opalo all mobs praying for item drop ?
      What if someone does 40% and the other guy does 60% and item rule is highest damage? Doesn`t the 40% damage guy deserve a share of the item?
    1. AlphaGeek's Avatar
      AlphaGeek -
      eat laser, metal mofos!

      Terminus roboticus!
    1. Sapeian's Avatar
      Sapeian -
      "The robots seem to have refitted and retooled the War Titan Typhon that crashed into Hadesheim six years ago"

      Holy Crap!,



      Ive been away for 6 years?
      Time does fly

      :p

      GL Calypsians!
    1. PW3CKA's Avatar
      PW3CKA -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mikass View Post
      What if someone does 40% and the other guy does 60% and item rule is highest damage? Doesn`t the 40% damage guy deserve a share of the item?
      Im not saying he not... But someone who do 1% of dmg dont deserve it..

      Maybe something like that who does more than 20% can be enroled for item loot?
    1. Parlog's Avatar
      Parlog -
      @Sapeian
      5 years passed between the war titan crash and the volcano golf court (read resettlement), add another year since then and you got 6 years full

      ...time to take the dogs for a walk into the Hadesheim crater weeeeee
    1. Luckycharm's Avatar
      Luckycharm -
      I had the impression the new loot share option was for teams...
    1. jjmatrix's Avatar
      jjmatrix -
      We'll have to see how good the Share Loot feature is, but my guess is that some people won't like it that much.

      In any case... good story MA/PFC!!
    1. xaph's Avatar
      xaph -
      Shares or no shares I'll be aimng for some spoils... Good luck to ya
    1. Ludvig|MindArk's Avatar
      Ludvig|MindArk -
      Quote Originally Posted by Parlog View Post
      @Sapeian
      5 years passed between the war titan crash and the volcano golf court (read resettlement), add another year since then and you got 6 years full
      Yep, we spent 5 years hanging at Crystal Palace between the crash and the resettlement
    1. AlphaGeek's Avatar
      AlphaGeek -
      I think the real question here is:

      What's coming that's gonna need that much firepower to bring it down?
    1. SODERD's Avatar
      SODERD -
      the big question is: wtf is the goal with this event? is there a winner? how do one win?

      gonna go visit the shitter
      Gl
    1. Spawn's Avatar
      Spawn -
      Shared loots are very good for the new players.. Even the newest newbie of newbies can participate!
      So get those kiwio's and start blasting!
    1. mczimi's Avatar
      mczimi -
      everyone will win u need just kill all the robots u see... if not loot or special items u get skills
    1. roughrider's Avatar
      roughrider -
      Finaly a solution for WoF that doesnt involve main team having to divide upp loot according to a (hopefully correct) system when support teams help main team kill mobs.
      Unless FPC descides this function only will be available for event mobs
    1. mastermesh's Avatar
      mastermesh -
      Are those that join this "force" able to talk to one another in force chat?... and are the jamraiders still sitting at PA?
    1. Stave's Avatar
      Stave -
      Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
      Are those that join this "force" able to talk to one another in force chat?... and are the jamraiders still sitting at PA?
      as i understand it, the loot sharing for elites is not part of the force chat thing
    1. Nikto's Avatar
      Nikto -
      "Todd Hamlish" mission broker not working at all

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook