darkdestroy

Hatchling
Hi Com,
i have a problem with starting my PE.
I start the game and i locked in then I have a runtime error :eek:
I had restart my pc and reinstall my game --> nothing

plz help

Can't do much out with your information... it's not enough

Maybe be a little more specific ( post error messages / computer specs etc. ). You may also want to check if all your drivers are up to date ( you can check this in the client loader ).

Had this problem before when I fired up PE for the first time. In my case it was when I had created my avatar and clicked accept. The game locked and I got the runtime error. Disable all antivirus software, firewalls and the likes. And also disable any other applications running AFTER you have restarted the computer. Do it right after startup. That's what I did and it started working... or as well as it possibly can work, since the damn thing crashes on me now and then. Anyway, not sure this will help at all, but it's worth a shot if you haven't already tried that. And yeah, make sure all of your drivers are up to date, and I mean all of them.

PLEASE DO NOT DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL
This leaves your system totally unprotected

Post your system here: Operating System, RAM, Gfx Card, Driver versions, etc etc

With no info we cant help now can we??

Pc

Intel Pentium 4
Ram: 1024mb
120GB harddrive
radeon 9700
all driver up to date
Sound on board
DSL 1000

My problem is i have play this game at first crate charakter play a little bit,
and the next day i will play PE --> loggin in --> star --> runtime error

DirectX version ?, which exact drivers do you use ( especially graphic card ) ?

BTW, I'm running Norton AV and never had trouble with PE. Dunno about the firewall, but I suspect that the firewall doesn't cause a crash, but stops all network traffic ( and makes PE hang ).

DirectX 9.c

Windows XP Prof
grafik card driver:
ATI Technologies
version: 6.14.10.6483

Last edited:
Was just suggesting that he should TRY it. Since running applications in the background could interfere with the PE client. And if it works, then you just gradually turn your intrusion and antivirus software back on...

Little remindrer when re-installing display drivers:

Just running the installer aint enough at 9 out of 10 cases. What you need is clean, barenaked-your-di*k-is-showing install. Installer doesn't fix rotten registry.

Remove previous install with control panel's add/remove programs, boot, continue with new install.

Back