medically, whats cheaper?

Acronoid

Stalker
Society
United Talents
If you need to know it, you already do
What is cheaper for med skills, fapping to skill or just buy first aid?
This considering that my anatomy is about 6 times higher then my first aid. So my anatomy won't rise much skilling naturally, only first aid would but counts for 40% says pewiki.
also, does fap5 skill faster than nowadays tt fap?
I want to get to lvl 17 healer (am at 7 now).

From my testing, it's cheaper to chip

Is you only look at skill, ofcourse its chipping. But you also get heals when you fap, if that is what you want you could say the skills are for free.
To get to lvl17 fast i would chip though.

What is cheaper for med skills, fapping to skill or just buy first aid?
This considering that my anatomy is about 6 times higher then my first aid. So my anatomy won't rise much skilling naturally, only first aid would but counts for 40% says pewiki.
also, does fap5 skill faster than nowadays tt fap?
I want to get to lvl 17 healer (am at 7 now).

Try the L slow-like-hell Faps that gives you SIB ;)

I'm almost Level 20 now and close to unlock medicine .. and yes i use Vivo t20 ... It skills faster than my Ek-2600 , even if it has less decay :D

Try the L slow-like-hell Faps that gives you SIB ;)

I'm almost Level 20 now and close to unlock medicine .. and yes i use Vivo t20 ... It skills faster than my Ek-2600 , even if it has less decay :D

is your t20 SIB still active?

Probably buying if you want to get to it faster.

Depends on how fast you want to reach that level..
If you need it fast you have to chip.

is your t20 SIB still active?

Yeah it is andyzammy :)

The problem is that i'm 19.8 level now but the Speed don't move up :(

Only the min healing value ..

Speaking about the L fap Speed : Which skill determinate that speed? :scratch2:.. is there anyone who could post a link with info so we don't change the subject of the thread? :)

Demonikos :tiphat:

Yeah it is andyzammy :)

The problem is that i'm 19.8 level now but the Speed don't move up :(

Only the min healing value ..

Speaking about the L fap Speed : Which skill determinate that speed? :scratch2:.. is there anyone who could post a link with info so we don't change the subject of the thread? :)

No single skill determinate speed, the prof standing does. You will not have full speed until ~1 prof level after healinterval is maxed.

It's cheaper to chip than to fap pointlessly, but as was pointed out, if you skill it as you go then the skills are "free".

I suspect its a lot cheaper to chip First Aid, Diagnosis and Anatomy to get that Paramedic level up, but you will miss out on Intelligence gains.

Never chipped any Paramedic skills and will soon unlock Medicine. :)

Actually I want to get to a higher lvl so I can heal me socies (at decay cost), so that would be a very cheap way to skill ofc. But to be of any use, I need ~lvl17.
Since I never heal while hunting (well very rare atleast), skilling would just be mindlesly fap while being attacked by a mob.
But I reconsider just buying a 25ped first aid skill, that would get me where I want to be.

No single skill determinate speed, the prof standing does. You will not have full speed until ~1 prof level after healinterval is maxed.
Yup, I think I maxed out the heals/min on the SK-20 about 0.7 levels after the SIB stopped.

Anatomy, all the way, baby!

If you're going to chip in anything for improving your Paramedic level, I have to go with Anatomy, and only Anatomy. Why? Because it also contributes to Damage professional levels and helps to increase the lower range of damage that you inflict.

Last edited:
If you're going to chip in anything for improving your Paramedic level, I have to go with Anatomy, and only Anatomy. Why? Because it also contributes to Damage professional levels and helps to increase the lower range of damage that your inflict.

In that case I can just keep hunting. Problem is that Anatomy doesn't contribute much to paramedic.

Yup, I think I maxed out the heals/min on the SK-20 about 0.7 levels after the SIB stopped.

Good to know .. Thanks for sharing :)

If you're going to chip in anything for improving your Paramedic level, I have to go with Anatomy, and only Anatomy. Why? Because it also contributes to Damage professional levels and helps to increase the lower range of damage that your inflict.

This is partially correct m8.

Anatomy contributes less than you probably think in Paramedics level ,
and the cost to buy a BIG Anatomy chip that would have the same effect would be multiple times more expensive than just buying 1 small FA chip ... Check it here: Check the Chipping Optimizer

This is partially correct m8.

Anatomy contributes less than you probably think in Paramedics level ,
and the cost to buy a BIG Anatomy chip that would have the same effect would be multiple times more expensive than just buying 1 small FA chip

Yes, you're right -- it would cost much more for the same effect on Paramedic compared to First Aid or Diagnosis. I feel that its contribution to the Damage professions is of much more value, anyways.

While I promote fapping over repairing armor, I also promote "right sizing" hunts with creatures you can solo or team kill without having to fap.

Frankly, for the cost to get enough Paramedic level to use a Vivo Neo (L), it would probably be a much better purchase to get an uber fap, like the Nurse, or Adj, Imp, or Mod FAP. For example, using my (Namir Endi Daquarii) last published stats from EntroPedia.info, the chip optimizer pegged the total additional chipping cost at 115,558 PEDs to get from 1787 to 5000 in Paramedic, and 760,116 PEDs to get to 8750 Paramedic. (PE Auction shows the going price at under 50kPEDs for the Adj FAP.)

For "THE ANSWER" to "THE QUESTION" that Acronoid posed, Chipping Optimizer gives the definitive answer. BTW, that chipping optimizer underwent a very nice cosmetic change. More kudos to jdegre!

I completely disagree with the "It's cheaper to chip" theory. The problem is when you chip medical you lose ALL of the defensive skills you would have gained fapping.

So if you take the total view into account it certainly is NOT cheaper to chip. It is definitely faster to chip though.

If you figure out the ratio of defensive gains to medical gains then work it out you can tell how much evade etc. you would have gained by fapping and you must count that in cost as well.

Personally, I think it is much smarter to chip defense than medical. If you don't get hit there is no need to fap.

For instance, I have a fairly high paramedic profession so I can use the Vivo UR125 Etc. Yes with the UR125 I can heal up to 80 which is great. The thing is if I don't get hit in the first place I don't have to FAP so I save tons of money. Sometimes I go to twin peaks to kill argos. I find gang banging them to be tons of fun. I have been known to head out there in pretty good armor and grab a group of 30 of them and let them pound on me while I kill them. Where I am going with this is that sometimes I go out and hunt singles, doubles, triples, and quads with no armor. When I was finished I used to stand there and let them kill me to get back to the revival terminal. Well over the years of playing this game my evade has gotten high enough that argo young and adult really can not even hit me anymore. So I stand there with a young swinging at me and it can not kill me. So I end up having to T because it can not damage me faster than I regenrate. What this means is that in terms of argos, defense skills save me unbelievable amounts of money in FAP and armor decay.

Where I am going with this is that "evade is the best economy armor and FAP in the game".

Hope this helps.

As for what Endi said, I completely agree, except you need to count out the personal nurse since it is a unique item and there is only one in game the greatest likelihood is that you will NEVER own it. it is certainly cheaper to buy an Uber FAP than it is to buy the skills to use a high end limited FAP. The problem is you still need VERY high amounts of skill to max the uber FAP's anyway. Trust me on this I have used all of them at one time or another.

Last edited:
Where I am going with this is that "evade is the best economy armor and FAP in the game".

It's kind of true. But, for more fun hunting, you need all three:
Evade, so you don't get hit so much.
Armor, to take down hits to a manageble level, and to have you spend less time with "in combat" fapping.
FAP/Fapping skills: To be able to heal quick the 90 dmg hits you might get (where a second hit will kill you). For FAP it's of course what you can afford, I'm at nub level with my 2550, and as for skills it's nice to at least have skills so you've maxed your fap.

(For the new faps at my level; I got skill bonus on UR-125 but only 12/20 heals which currently makes it unusable "in combat", and the SK-50 which I just maxed seems unexistent.)

Does anyone of those who say that chipping is cheaper can show me their calculations? :rolleyes:
I think that there´s no doubt that natural skilling is cheaper....

Does anyone of those who say that chipping is cheaper can show me their calculations? :rolleyes:
I think that there´s no doubt that natural skilling is cheaper....

at 10k% I doubt it too (checked auction 2day). I think the best way to skill healing is healing others for decay. Only prob is finding people that want to be healed.
So is there anyone that wants healing for decay cost?

Chip it while you can... I am at level 24+ and the only thing that gives SIB is the extremely rare Hedoc SK-50. When I do get my hands on one and head over to Nea's or the Swampcamp, I can use it all up and barely get any skill gains. Chipping at my level is horribly expensive and I will not do it. I will probably use my next SK-50 on myself while being shot at by bots.... at least then I can get some Dodge and possibly be accused of being a bot. Fame is where you find it :laugh:

at 10k% I doubt it too (checked auction 2day). I think the best way to skill healing is healing others for decay. Only prob is finding people that want to be healed.
So is there anyone that wants healing for decay cost?

Best place for that is treasure island (Hogglos).

Note that it's good (amost essential) for healers to have a working TP-chip. For hogglos, because hogglos are about 2 "jumps" away if hunter dies because of a critical hit (and then most likely you die in 10 seconds), and the hunter don't want to run all the way back. And, another reason, that the hunter and you can reach some more distant areas, and "you" can hunt in a land area which is hard to escape from without TP-chip. (Normally, at least I, give the ME needed for TP:ing).

The reason why first aid skills has become rare (on the market) is because of the new "L" faps which makes skills needed. With the old faps, the rule is that the more skills the more economic fap can you use (FAP-5) (with exeception of the uberfaps...) With the new faps, the eco is the same but with more skills you can use a more powerful FAP.

As a rule of thumb, to use the (L) fap which heals as much as mod fap, you need skills worth a mod fap...

Bad thing with L faps, at least for me, is that they are only looted from mobs in pvp4 or crafted by materials mined inside pvp4. (Disregard the one that drops from spider, if you can still kill a spider you probably have a mod fap already and you are safe in pvp4 anyway. I've heard something about blood moss mined somewhere else outside pvp4, but I guess it might be referring to mining at pvp4 border and you acutally find it the inside the border).

Good thing is that faps like 2600 has become cheaper again, and they are now quite affordable.

The reason i said it is cheaper to chip is because (self) FAP skilling has become largely ineffective. Fapping another player is definitely a better alternative, and you will possibly skill cheaper that way (i haven't really tested that). Fapping for decay costs is the best way to go as far as expense, but that requires a lot of time (to find clients, to travel to hunting site, wait for them to get hit, etc.) compared to fapping yourself in a mob or others at revive, so i would say if you're considering that maybe you should just hunt with a bit less armor and fap more and let your skills grow that way.

atm, I just hunt naked with fap. I did some kerb's and I found that fapping skills don't increase that fast, but still faster then tt fap.
I also did a vedder, I tt'ed my fap80 instead of a looted fap28 :duh:
Beter look twice the next time

I also did a vedder, I tt'ed my fap80 instead of a looted fap28 :duh:

Hehe, it's been a while since that expression has been used ;)

Back