"Lock" items in inventory to prevent accidental tt'ing

Do you want extra security on your items?

• Total voters

andyzammy

Marauder
Banned
a solution for tt'ing has been requested before, but i think that now MA have stopped returning tt'd items, it has become a more serious matter, so lets try again to ask MA for this much needed feature. copy+paste this copy+pastable support ticket to make sure they know it really is badly wanted:

Hi MA.
now that you have changed your policy about returning accidentaly TT'd items, i would like to request you add some sort of system to "lock" an item, making it impossible to drag it into the TT while a certain condition is met. we are all aware that we are given notices, but one way or another, it can still happen, and we would appreaciate some sort of solid security on our items that are worth a lot to us.

thanks for your time

"ppl who accidently tt stuff r retards"

True words...

True words...

Ok, I agree.

When you accidentally TT some item, because of a bug, I will call you a retard.

Andzammy, I agree. A tick box, on the "my items page".

"This Item can not be traded, dropped, or TT'd"

As for the retard above, let him TT his house for 1 ped.

True words...
yea i agree :) you put it in trade window , you click sell another window apears and yo click sell again .. come1 if thats not enought not even 10 other lock features wont help :)

well i agree would be nice to lock items i dont want to tt, not that i ever did that before but a safeguard should be in order.
copy past ticket sent;)

i allready tted my ES400 once - MA said back then they will not refund worthless items - few month later prices went up - tryed again and it worked :yay:

but such a lock option would rock indeed :)

Locked my keys in my car a few days ago....Sunday afternoon, cost me 157.00 USD to get them back out... :rolleyes:

My life is dynamic, so is EU. ;)

Adds a bit of realism to the game, if your stupid enough to TT something you should pay. :cool:

However If I would have had a dont lock your keys in your car checkbox, it would have been checked, so I voted yes. :silly2:

Locked my keys in my car a few days ago....Sunday afternoon, cost me 157.00 USD to get them back out... :rolleyes:

Adds a bit of realism to the game, if your stupid enough to TT something you should pay. :cool:

However If I would have had a dont lock your keys in your car checkbox, it would have been checked, so I voted yes. :silly2:

haha, your point is invalid though - a real rl analogy would have been "i locked my keys in my car so i had to buy another car" :laugh:

Support case sent:)

Hello,
With MA's decision not to help their customers by returning accidentally TT'd items, I am asking for MA to put an additional layer of security on the item itself by having a "this item cannot be TT'd, dropped, or traded" check/uncheck box in the item description.
As an owner of valuable items in EU I do NOT feel the current trade terminal warnings are sufficient to protect my investment.
We are all humans and are subject to mistakes.
I, along with many others in the Entropia community need to stress the importance for this change.
Please show you continued care for your customers by implementing this feature as soon as possible.
Kind Regards.

Support case sent:)

Hello,
With MA's decision not to help their customers by returning accidentally TT'd items, I am asking for MA to put an additional layer of security on the item itself by having a "this item cannot be TT'd, dropped, or traded" check/uncheck box in the item description.
As an owner of valuable items in EU I do NOT feel the current trade terminal warnings are sufficient to protect my investment.
We are all humans and are subject to mistakes.
I, along with many others in the Entropia community need to stress the importance for this change.
Please show you continued care for your customers by implementing this feature as soon as possible.
Kind Regards.

This HAS to be the fastest "cut and paste" answer from a support cast in history!! This really gives me the feeling MA does not give a shit one bit.

13 May 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your suggestions! Feedback from participants is always appreciated. We will forward your suggestions to our team for evaluation.

Kind regards,

Entropia Support

MA on the ball today got a answer fast too;

13 May 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

We really appreciate this kind of feedback and have forwarded your suggestions to the design team. Unfortunately we are unable to say whether your suggestions will be implemented now or in the future, but please stay tuned to the News section and Version Update Content Lists on the website.

Kind regards,
Entropia support

I´ve been thinking about this too, support case sent.

lock option - would be very usefull! and it would have allmost no negative effects...

cause unlike some people who think *were smart enough to NEVER EVER accidentally tt something we didnt want to* HUMANS make mistakes, and that little "notice" is about as usefull as a button saying *are you sure?* you click without thinking...

but if when you went to drop the item in the sell screen it popped up saying *item locked, please make sure to de-select the 'lock' button before proceeding.* you would probably go *oops, didnt mean to do that* and go on with tting the other stuff you wanted to get rid of.

redundancy is actually a good thing, im sure the players will let ma know when theres too much :D

Except that the lock option would prevent cases I know of where someone clicked cancel when they realised theyd put something in tt, and it still tt'd it, or the other case where someone had put some ammo in the tt, and clicked tt, only for an object that hadnt been put in there, or that hadnt appeared on the to be tt'd list, to disappear and be tt'd, due to a weird bug.

Neither of these people were "retards", they got done over by bugs in the system, that wouldnt have caused the expensive loss of an item if the checkbox had been available. As it is when i go to a tt, i ensure first that all my valuable items have attachments with the exception of the fap which I'm extra careful with.

I believe I sent a support case along these lines some time ago, so with some momentum maybe something will be done :)

You need to get a Ford with a Keyless Entry keypad thingy :p

I agree!
I am not imune to dumbassness. It may happen to me, as i bitterly experienced after coloring a zound of tt clothes, i managed to TT all of that together with a shirt of my gf that i was also coloring.

Last edited:
1 year ago i would have said bah to this but now i see how much CRAP you get in loot that you tt and how you can easily fill that window up with stuff and not notice that you grabbed your fap or gun by accident.

one more bump. i'm surprised at how much people bitch at MA for all sorts, but when it comes to protecting our own investments we're so lax about it? no positive effort is ever made to better our game. so how about it?

yeah i did tt my laser amp 3rd time few weeks ago... now coz new rules i didnt get it back... fuck MA... well havent played since that so no dollars to MA...

And how ppl tt stuff.. for myself.. it was just plain mistake.. i usually camp in mino.. and when i ttd the stuff i was in twin.. in mino there is 2 repair terminal next to eo.. and in twin there was tt and repair... so i was talking to someone irl while controlling avi didnt look much of the screen and ran to usual "repair" terminal.. that happened to be tt coz i was in wrong place.. so i just moved the item there and clicked accepts.. and poof after it was done i noticed.. GODDAMMIT again... and even tho i heard that they dont return stuff anymore i tried to get it back but no use.. fucking retard MA.. pissing ppl off on purpose...

it was only a103 but its price is going up all the time.. and it coulda been something more valuable..(actually not coz i dont own expensive stuff)

but this really made me wonder what if.. what if i own expensive shit someday.. what if i will TT it accidently... made me think of quitting alot...

a solution for tt'ing has been requested before, but i think that now MA have stopped returning tt'd items, it has become a more serious matter, so lets try again to ask MA for this much needed feature. copy+paste this copy+pastable support ticket to make sure they know it really is badly wanted:

another game i play has this on so u dont aidently sell something its a good feature

File your support cases today!

Mindark is talking about how secure their universe is, but how secure is it when you can lose all your invested money by a misstake? :rolleyes:

something needed to be done...

I've heard horror stories of people not just accidentally loosing their invetory to accidentally selling to tt but actually having peds and inventory stolen. Even as gold card users. Now that deserves some serious attention. Bump and double bump!!

i cant see how ppl still tt worthfull items since the new tt was implanted .. i mean u have to hit two accept buttons :scratch2:

but actually having peds and inventory stolen. Even as gold card users. Now that deserves some serious attention. Bump and double bump!!

Oh yeah??? mebee u can quote facts rather than rumour?? as to accidentally tting stuff instead of repairing etc i go for the Dumbass option :)

i cant see how ppl still tt worthfull items since the new tt was implanted .. i mean u have to hit two accept buttons :scratch2:

it can still happen. no matter how slim the chances. same with going to repair term instead of tt and not noticing. fine, ur a dumbass if u manage it, but is losing ur item/money forever really a suitable punishment for one mistake/accident? ur an extremely harsh person if u say yes.

still though, i still don't understand why people are ok with a "net fence of china" where there are a couple of tiny holes along the way, when, for no extra cost to you, you can have the friggin brick wall version.

never in a million years would i see irl someone say

>>"its ok, i'll take the one with the least security"
<<but sir! why not take the one with more, its costs just as much.
>>"its ok, i'm not a retard"

Back