Crux's design folder (experimental)

Crux

Prowler
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Sham Crux Rock
Heya all,

time to refresh my photoshop skills. In this thread I am doing a lot of experimental art.

I will create a series of pics, the common line will be "Mindforce".

Will update this thread from time to time with new pics.

MINDFORCE HARMONY #1 - Powerful Evader Chip
mh_pec.jpg
Done here at work. Far from perfect, my focus is to refresh my light effect skills. I have chosen the subject "Mindforce" because I can try out some lightning styles. Approx 40 layers in this one, done in photoshop.

MINDFORCE HARMONY #2 - Powerful Molecular Transformer Chip
mh_pmtc1.jpg
Another lightning experiment. Molecular Transformer could be useful to transform all sort of creatures to something new. Maybe to modify DNA parts. Approx 50 layers in this one, done in photoshop.

MINDFORCE HARMONY #3 - Powerful Force Field Chip
mh_pffc.jpg
Yet another light effect test. Force Field should protect against all kind of attacks during a specified period of time. Approx 35 layers in this one, done in photoshop.

MINDFORCE HARMONY #4 - Powerful Plasma Wave Chip
mh_ppwc.jpg
Testing some color light effects in this one. The Plasma Wave Chip is a bad ass weapon to attack multiple targets. The plasma wave cut through flesh like a knife through butter. The wave reach full strenght at a distance of 20 meters from chip user. Approx 40 layers in this one, done in photoshop.

MINDFORCE HARMONY #5 - Powerful Particle Storm Chip
mh_ppsc_419138.jpg
The Particle Storm Chip can attack multiple targets. It creates an explosion, throwing out a huge load of particles with great speed. All targets within 50m range will take damage. Approx 25 layers in this one, done in photoshop.

MINDFORCE HARMONY #6 - Powerful Ice Wind Chip
mh_piwc.jpg
Experimental style again. Ice Wind can freeze multiple targets. Very good to escape from mobs or to attack in PVP. All targets within 30m range can't move for a specific amount of time. Approx 30 layers in this one, done in photoshop.

MINDFORCE HARMONY #7 - Powerful Thunderbolt Chip
mh_ptc.jpg
Here we go again. After some ppl requested a lightning/thunderbolt attack this is my first try. Thunderbolt chip can attack a target at long range with high damage potential. Approx 35 layers in this one, done in photoshop. Hope you like it :) .

Last edited:
wow...nice picture....:wtg:

Thank you :)

Added picture #2.

Agreed. Great Job! :D

darri

#3 added to first post.

Thanks Konve and kpward and all others :)

+rep

Awesom stuff!!!

lmfao wow man, some pretty cool shit right there mate! You should design the concept art for some new Mind Force tricks.

I would love to try this myself tomorrow, may I? :D

It would be cool if we both maybe made some sort of collab on something like this. Hehe.

Just an idea. :wtg:

Nice designs man, keep it up!

nice work very entertaining pictures :D

Very neat,

I love #3! Looks like a plasme shield! Well done :)

Thank you all for your nice comments !

@Baradur:

#3 was a bit tricky but turned out good :)

lmfao wow man, some pretty cool shit right there mate! You should design the concept art for some new Mind Force tricks.

I would love to try this myself tomorrow, may I? :D

It would be cool if we both maybe made some sort of collab on something like this. Hehe.

Just an idea. :wtg:

Nice designs man, keep it up!

Sure, why not? :) As you can see I don't have a background or different poses from my avi, main focus are the light effects. I used to do some nice light effects but RL stopped me the last months so I need practice again ;)

Yeah, we could do a collab on a project like this. Just PM me :)

I reworked the plasma picture. I was not satisfied with the previous version of the plasma so here is a new one.

Have fun :yay:

Added #5, Particle Storm Chip :)

lol wow just awesome! +4000 evade :eek::eek:

Awesome work Crux, +rep to you.

Keep going would love to see more designs :) and looking forward to see what you and Onciest can do together.

I'd love to see a Lightning Bolt Chip, much like the Emperor in Star Wars. Would be cool if with super high levels you were able to hold the lightning on a target and just watch the health go down.

A Force Push effect could look good too.

very awsome work looks great.

Awesome work Crux, +rep to you.

Keep going would love to see more designs :) and looking forward to see what you and Onciest can do together.

I'd love to see a Lightning Bolt Chip, much like the Emperor in Star Wars. Would be cool if with super high levels you were able to hold the lightning on a target and just watch the health go down.

A Force Push effect could look good too.

Thank you!

Ohh...I will try a Lightning Bolt Chip, good idea ;)

Anti grav chip! Use it to jump out of the way of attacks and or escape an incoming attack..... bit like a tp chip but would jump you only say a radar width away as standard (could also be used to "hide" in mid air from ppl for an ambush XD)

Liquid chip... turns the target (or yourself) into a puddle... enabling you to get into those hard to reach places or temporarily absorb any attacks (try shooting into water :p)

Increased intelligence chip - increase your intelligence and enables you to see stats of a mob etc (like scanning) but you wouldnt have to do anything... the stats would appear when you hover mouse on mob

Al gr8 designs dude

Rip

@ Eron²: Thank you :)

@ Rip: Thanks m8 :) Will think about your suggestions if I can realize them :yay:

Those graphics are fantastic! And better yet the mindforce ideas look just as good :D

~Tracer

Awesome work mate +rep

Hope marco looks at ur suggestions too

Awesome work mate +rep

Hope marco looks at ur suggestions too

Thx :)

Marco? Hmm don't think he is looking @ art section...

Nice!!Really good stuff here!!Love all the colors and lights!!

A chip to get faster? Stronger?.. ( I shouldnt play Crysis.. :laugh: )

Wow, great pics, how much time did these take you?
:eek:

Back