First planet company to take over planet calypso

Maybe this would be a good time for a little more information on the difference between the platform and the virtual worlds.

Which team controls the development and implementation of new skills?

Which team creates items and creatures and determines their behaviors/characteristics?

Say that a franchisee wanted to allow teraforming of land areas, building construction, industries, etc. who would be responsible for the development?

What about player-generated content? Will that be expanded, and who handles that development?

Have a separate game... Does that mean our stuff , skills cant be used on some planets?

I Shouldn't...

Maybe this would be a good time for a little more information on the difference between the platform and the virtual worlds.

Which team controls the development and implementation of new skills?

Which team creates items and creatures and determines their behaviors/characteristics?

Say that a franchisee wanted to allow teraforming of land areas, building construction, industries, etc. who would be responsible for the development?

What about player-generated content? Will that be expanded, and who handles that development?

Seriously, how many times do you have to be told?

What is it you think these game developers have bought? - Calypso with adjustable skins?

Think man, think!

Have a separate game... Does that mean our stuff , skills cant be used on some planets?

Umm... yeah.

They have made tha abundantly clear in other recent threads.

Posted via Mobile Device

he hardly ever posted on ef, but now that's he's ceo he's acting like the community relations spokesperson?

being the boss allows a lot more freedom, but it also brings with it a lot more problems as Marco will get the blame for everything that people don't like with the new Planet Calypso.

The one thing I'd like to see is less boom or bust in the loot distribution and making it cheaper to play. A return to the skill based system that EU promised rather than the lottery its been turned into, but as this will be handled by the existing balancing team I'm not expecting any changes to it, sadly.

One more thing Marco, just promise no more surprises like the footguards.

Congratulations Marco. This paradigm shift is very exciting! Good luck to you in your new role!

another lol break?

MA: Sorry sir but all trades are final.

Universal Pictures CEO: this isn't a trade i just want to go check out my virtual pent house.

MA: we could transfer your avatar there for a small fee of 1000ped.

Universal Pictures CEO: 1000ped? i just paid 5 million usd to you guys!! i can get a ride there for 400ped!!

MA: sir all trades are final!

Universal Pictures CEO: you're kidding me right? put Jan on the phone.

Jan: hello?

Universal Pictures CEO: yeah Jan can you loan me 400ped so i can get a ride to my new pent house.

Jan: No its against the EULA to make personal loans.

Universal Pictures CEO: hangs up.

Mylcat: i see you're back.

Universal Pictures CEO: do you know how to get the deposit function to work?

Mylcat: file a support case.

Universal Pictures CEO: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I suspect that Chanti is well acquainted with the Deposit function. :laugh:

Posted via Mobile Device

First off, Gratz to you Marco. I am looking forward to the great things to come.

Second, as for storyline, please keep in mind we have some extremely talented, fully vested players here who would be great resources for anything relating to story developement who I'm sure would be happy to lend a hand. I am not one of them unfortunately due to a lack of skill, but if you've been watching EF I'm sure you know who many of them are.

To the future!

Seriously, how many times do you have to be told?

What is it you think these game developers have bought? - Calypso with adjustable skins?

Think man, think!

Once.

No idea.

Apparently, there is a little too much "thinking" and not enough official answering.

Posted via Mobile Device

Mylcat: i see you're back.

Universal Pictures CEO: do you know how to get the deposit function to work?

Mylcat: file a support case.

Universal Pictures CEO: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

LOL

sweet . . . Myls is famous!!!

Very very interesting.

It has seemed obvious for a while that 'the game' was not MA's focus any more. Now we have a new company that will focus on it 100%. Could be very good. It's also probably a smart business move for MA since if 'the platform' fails 'the game' will be a seperate entity that should be mostly uneffected.

Big gratz Marco. +10xp indeed ;)

yes i think you make the point nicely that while hangar ownership has skyrocketed over the last two years, the fees to get to cp and cnd are not exactly making pilots rich.

so the question is... why do you all feel your hangars are worth 180-200k? it costs the same amount of money to get to space these days it did two years ago. pilots make the same income. why exactly have hangar prices gone through the roof? care to explain it?

-->
Exactly that question should be asked to the resellers :yay:, why the costs of the guns and all the items have increased :) including hangars .I have never stated that my hangar is that worth in any of the threads even though i bought mine for 130k.

And i am sure you wouldn't have posed this question if you have owned 2 or 3 hangars as you own the high end items now
:wtg:

so, either the concept of roi has greatly changed in the mind's of hangar owners, there is more opportunity to make money piloting as your sad, sad tale quickly tells us is not the case, or there is rampant speculation about the future use of the existing 40-50 hangars in game by their hopefully owners looking to cash in.

--> And with such experiences i had with clients like you , interest of people who do piloting will be increased a LOT, that's the reason we see shortage of pilots now and then.

regardless, you did recently attempt to charge me 60 peds to get to cp. and although serica said it was your wife, i will no longer fly with the avatar mylcat due to that attempt to charge me 3-4x the fair rate to get to cp just because you (or your wife) didn't feel like standing around to find two more passengers. i was fine with it, the avatar suggested we go now. when the two of us waiting went to the hangar your ava attempted to charge me more money than any other pilot has ever tried to charge me in the 3 years i have played eu. and therefore, i refuse to fly with you again, etc.

--> Please don't give a statement which is not true . i asked for 45 ped for the 3 renaming seats to cp, but u said u will not pay 45 ped to go to cp [ with the other person paying 25ped ped to cnd ], i had to come back to twins to sell the seats again.

--> And once again your wrong , After the first encounter you didn't fly with me except for the last trip with me to cp paying me 15 with a full ship.

You are very good at writing on the forums and make fun of people like me in a thread where the future of EU is being discussed , But the truth should be stated and should not be manipulated as the prices of items done by RESELLERS.

--> Yes i charge 60 ped vip to cp and 80 ped vip to cnd. And its not the same for the frequent flyers as most of the people who fly with me know it. And if you dont like it thats fine with me and if its your decision to not to fly with me i respect that.

Thank you for the reply.

Regards,
Chanti Mylcat Mylapalli

I suspect that Chanti is well acquainted with the Deposit function. :laugh:

Posted via Mobile Device

Yes I do know how the deposit function works ben :) if not i will not be able to buy a hangar lol.

Chanti Mylcat Mylapalli

Wait, I've deposited money into a...game?? I was led to believe this was not a game, or at least more than a game.

j/k

Congratulations on the new position Marco! You may not be able to comment on this, but as I read the posts regarding the fact that you seem to be (at least initially) more communicative as a CEO than you were as a community relations employee, I would guess (and hope) that:

You were a bit stiffled at MA in recent years, since your passion is for the history of PE, developing and completing compelling storylines, and creating enjoyable game play. If that is the case, then it's readily apparent to me why it may have been hard for you to be the mouthpiece of MA while they shifted focus away from those priorities.

Looking forward to a bright PE (PC) future!

P.S., Please don't hesitate to contact me if you ever want to sponsor any of your old "MA only" equipment for rental through H&R Circle.

Seriusly .. i sat and read this and all the time i was thinking... wtf wtf wtf the sold it off.. and then ..

LOL

THANK GOD ITS MARCO... :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

exciting stuff :)

I read through it as well and I though "Phew, its Marco".:)

A new broom sweeps clean, but the old one knows all the corners

Had a little moment of panic myself :D

Good Luck

Provided First Planet remains a subsidiary of MA, I think that the reallignment will be at worst, a neutral development, and could turn out quite positive. I think, at the very least, we can the treat the new company as a reassurance that there will be a dedicated team devoted to developing,marketing, and expanding the game we know.

The biggest positive, as i see it, is from a marketing perspective. It would be confusing to try to sell all the new planets as a package. New players who had never heard of entropia and were looking looking into a sci-fi game would, most likely, be quite uninterested in reading about the possibility of virtual conferencing, shopping, and the like. Similarly, someone looking for a children's game would probably be quite turned off by reading about killing virtual dinosaurs.

The benefit of seperate marketing, aside from making sure new players still keep spawning in PA, is that it has a better chance of convincing a new group of people to percieve the PED as a commodity. As calypso will, for some time, probably be the most developed gaming environment, I think it's far more likely that the new ped deposited for other games will find its way here than the reverse.

Anyone that is so ready to leave the game for an entirely new environment that they leave calypso for a new planet... never to return... was probably one step away from chipping out anyway. On the other hand, the parent who put money in for their children to play on the kids planet and gets curious about the sci fi game associated with it could equate to a new depositor in EU who never would have heard of the game otherwise.

Just my thoughts.

P.S. If this is the first step towards MA selling it's interest in EU entirely, All bets are off... I'm not that much of an optimist.

I'd call it Planet Calypso. ,-)

in before the :locked: :yay:

Rule # 15
Discussion of computer games or MMORPGs other than EntropiaUniverse is NOT allowed. Any and all such threads or posts will be deleted. Naming, making reference to, or linking to games or game websites other than EntropiaUniverse is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. All references and links of this kind will be removed, including those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures.

LOL could not help it when it suddenly dawned on me that Entropia Forum worked so well along with Project Entropia or Entropia Universe. What changes will Planet Calypso bring to the forum?

ahh the story line.... Storyline is so 2006 :whistle:

If you want story go play WOW LOTRO GW or any other crap.

Entropia is just about killing and skilling and winning and losing (mostly the last part) What could a story bring to this?

Quests? kill 1000 argo and receive 10 ped bonus?

I mean comeon man whats this about :scratch2:

And, now the online game known as Entropia Universe will evolve again to become "Planet Calypso".

The "Entropia Universe" brand will continue as the name of the platform all planets will operate on,

So they sold the current game, 2 planets, and now its gonna be called Planet Calypso,.

And any new planets that pop up will run on the same software, which is "EU" software

Seems like they are getting out of the business side, and are just gonna use the code, as the fanchise... Like you can run a planet, but you have to use our software, kinda thing.

I think we will have better updates if they have more time to code and not have to worry about the business side.

When he says, "will evolve again"
Words like evolve, transition, adjustments, balancing... these words scare the hell out of me....

I did, read on here someone said, maybe the new owners will even out loots, etc... I think thats kinda kewl, i mean possibly this new company will change everything.. I guess that could be good or bad.

It does sound like they sold what is known as EU, as far as the planets.

Under new management:wtg:

*Sits back to await the one million chinese....*

And the couple of thousand two dollar err I mean 2 PED resource, ore, enmatter, robot and animal shops that go with it ? :D

I can already hear the Chirpy's singing ... Cheap cheap cheaper :rolleyes: :laugh:

~ Sparkz

Well i guess that just about took our breath away, but what's the egg got to do with it? :scratch:

So we go from PE to EU to PC? Can't you people come up with an acronym not already in popular vernacular? :laugh:

Gratz Marco. Now there's no hiding behind the "he's just the PR guy", Marco. Be scared; be very scared. :eek:

How is the developing staff going to be split up? Will the majority of devs with Calypso developing experience go to PC?

What's the egg, got to do, got to do with it...

As long as you leave it at Tina Turner and don't go all Cher on us ...

I feel the planet Calypso move under my feet,
I feel the Sky ....

I will leave it there I think :D

The egg will hatch a new ABBA member singing ...

Mumma mia here we go again, My my ! :silly2: :laugh:

~ Sparkz

Last edited:
Oh god... maybe the egg already hatched and began singing bad music over CND radio :laugh: CHANGE THE TUNES, ND! No more All American Rejects, please!

Oh god... maybe the egg already hatched and began singing bad music over CND radio :laugh: CHANGE THE TUNES, ND! No more All American Rejects, please!

:rofl:

Well said :)

~ Sparkz

Back