First planet company to take over planet calypso

I am happy about this change simply because Marco is in charge, I feel that not only does he know what he's doing, but he is in touch with the community and knows what we want. :)

I have a question though:

Are you going to be limited by the fact that MA still controls the fundamental systems including the economy? It would be frustrating if every new armor/weapon/item you wanted to introduce had to be OKed by MA because it will have an effect (if only indirectly) on the economy.

Anyway good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with

Gratz to Marco!

Hopefully this will be a new period in our small world:wtg:

Good luck and wish many achievements to everyone!!!;)

If the community don't mind terribly, there will probably be some cosmetic changes to the time period mentioned, just to make the story tighter and more focused. But I'll discuss it first with you all.

This makes me happy. The story as it stands does need tightening up, so look forward to see what you have in mind :)

WOW Marco, 16 replies in one and the same thread! :)
Do we dare to hope that......the gag is off???
Omg....! :yay::yay::yay:

WOW Marco, 16 replies in one and the same thread! :)
Do we dare to hope that......the gag is off???
Omg....! :yay::yay::yay:

It's a banner day, right? :yay: ... and when Marco uses words like "tighter" it makes my pulse race :silly2: ... why? ... because the power behind his silence is surfacing, and it makes me feel like I need to fasten my seatbelt. :D Hey, at least that's the way I see it through my purple Bonos, ok? :wtg: Ground control to Marco? ... ready for lift-off when you are! ;)

Myls

LOL

sweet . . . Myls is famous!!!

Always knew he would go far.....

New plot line having Myls as Pirate fighter comes to mind.

Hmmm wanders towards typewriter with white out in hand...

in before the :locked: :yay:

LOL could not help it when it suddenly dawned on me that Entropia Forum worked so well along with Project Entropia or Entropia Universe. What changes will Planet Calypso bring to the forum?
If this
I was curious about where that leacves entropia forum so I just did a search look what I found. It seems mindark was 1 step or 5 days ahead of me.

Whois Record for Calypsoforum.com ( Calypso Forum ) Click to Edit Front Page Information
Website Title: None given.

Indexed Data

Registry Data
ICANN Registrar: DOMAININFO AB D/B/A DOMAININFO.COM
Created: 2008-10-08
Expires: 2010-10-08
Updated: 2008-10-08
Registrar Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registrar Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registrar Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Name Server: DNS1.MINDARK.COM (has 36 domains)
Name Server: DNS3.MINDARK.COM
Whois Server: whois.domaininfo.com

Also this one

Whois Record for Planetcalypsoforum.com ( Planet Calypso Forum ) Click to Edit Front Page Information
Website Title: None given.
AboutUs: Wiki article on Planetcalypsoforum.com

Indexed Data

Registry Data
ICANN Registrar: DOMAININFO AB D/B/A DOMAININFO.COM
Created: 2008-10-08
Expires: 2010-10-08
Updated: 2008-10-08
Registrar Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registrar Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registrar Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Name Server: DNS1.MINDARK.COM (has 36 domains)
Name Server: DNS3.MINDARK.COM
Whois Server: whois.domaininfo.com

Server Data
Response Code:
Domain Status: Registered And No Website
means what I hope it means then it's excellent news for both players and developers.:wtg:
As for EF - no idea.:cool:

Gratzz on your newly aquired position Marco! As the ultimate ruler of Calypso will ya also "own" the ballancing manager? He might need a poke here and there ... :rolleyes:

NetStalker said:
"Whoever said you would need a ship to travel between planets?"
a) Cpt. Picard
b) Luke Skywalker
c) Bulma

Marco | Mindark said:
"But the threat of invasion was countered by the Calypso colonists and the RDI."
Since we evolved from a humanlike species, we equally thrive on destruction. We wipe out the eomon on a yearly basis and are trying to extinct every rare mob - on what planet have I seen this before ? - so it only makes sense we want to nuke the bot planet(s) also. Protecting our homes was a first step, now comes the time we go bugger them and invade their galaxy. Someone/something must have made those robots as the evolution theory does not apply to metal scraps. (unless someone believes they orginated from refining an EVE filter with an ADAM targeting system) :cool:

Hmmm, me tired. So, now there are two separate entities, right?

1) Mindark is only responsible of Entropia Universe which is the name of the platform. (A marketing notion, maybe also technical engine / rules?)

2) First Planet Company is detached from Mindark, and is responsible of Planet Calypso, previously known as PE then EU.

I guess that this independence has some goals related to the other patners. Maybe they will be more in confidence if they deal with MA who only owns the platform.

However, we have to change names (again). Now I will have to think "Thanks FPC, EE is cool today" instead of "Thanks MA, EU is cool today". :D

More seriously, and as I am always interested by the technical angle, I wonder (and maybe MA / FPC might be willing to post an answer): is the split also performed on technical stuff, I mean will there be two separate server locations, two separate code portions (one for common engine, one for Calypso) etc ???

How will be the techncial support handled ?

(And gratz for the good career move. ;))

:cool:

FIRST PLANET COMPANY TO TAKE OVER PLANET CALYPSO
15 Oct 2008

This is a day of great fortune and aspirations, of excitement and hope, of respect and history. Continued operation and development of the planet Calypso is to be handled by MindArk PE AB subsidiary First Planet Company AB. I have been asked and I have accepted the role of CEO and Creative Director for First Planet Company, along with the responsibility of developing and marketing the MMORPG "Planet Calypso".

The Calypso journey began in mid-2002 when the commercial open trial phase started, leading up to the gold release of "Project Entropia" on the 30th of January 2003. I still remember the launch day as if it were yesterday. At seven minutes to midnight VU 4.2 was applied and Entropia officially went live. In April 2006 Project Entropia evolved into "Entropia Universe". And, now the online game known as Entropia Universe will evolve again to become "Planet Calypso".

The "Entropia Universe" brand will continue as the name of the platform all planets will operate on, continuously developed by MindArk PE AB. The creation of First Planet Company allows for focused and efficient development of both the Entropia Universe platform as well as development of Planet Calypso. First Planet Company will act as a partner planet within the Entropia Universe.

My vision is to supply the resources needed for the creative team to allow them the freedom and time to create interesting short- and long-term storylines, enhance and polish game-play, add role-playing aspects, and cater to events. It is also important to develop participant-based tools for creation of activities, add depth to the various activities present today, and of course introduce new activities not before seen.

My role will be to bring and maintain a coherency to the Calypso history and storyline. The over-arching goal is to make Planet Calypso a truly kick-ass Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game!

All virtual items, records, PED's, and item values will still be maintained by MindArk PE AB - as before. The change applies to the development side of game-play, design, content development and storyline.

With highest regards and a commitment to a fun and exciting future,

Marco Behrmann
CEO/Creative Director
First Planet Company AB - Planet Calypso

Originally Posted Here

For once, Marco, something that makes a lot a lot of sense for your game... and I believe that you will be much better in designing the calypso planet than "communicaton" :D Now get out there and get "planet calypso" off the ground :yay:

... However, we have to change names (again). Now I will have to think "Thanks FPC, EE is cool today" instead of "Thanks MA, EU is cool today". :D

We don't have to change names. We will still be playing EU, only in a subsection of that called 'Planet Calypso' (being the planet, CND and CP).

If there are ways to travel to the other planets (as suggested by MA earlier), I cannot imagine gameplay to be so different that it is another game altogether. But I may be wrong here ;).

I got to thinking...

..about the community director role.

As i understand it we'll get a new person speaking for MA's part now as
King Marco finally has gotten the golden key to the Calypso Empire.
Will it be Frank?
I mean, we need someone to whine to since Marco is our
new best friend :yay:
(and i like that!)

And i also hope that we'll get some community relations people from
both NEXT and CKi to join EF.

Exciting times are ahead!
And yeah, Marco did use the word "Tighter"....awhh..(fanning myself with my worthless anshe shares).
Sweet life!
Bring it on Mr Hurricane! ;)

Last edited:
Oooo I'm getting excited about this now - getting on with storylines, development of gameplay, tightening ... I think I may stay on the one planet ;)

BTW does the promotion mean Marco = Lootius? Or is Lootius on quickdial?

Theological discussion to follow perhaps :D

Gratz Marco ..

Now you can really focus on story line, development etc.

Btw.. when you are going to be occupied with development of Planet Calypso ,, do you really need your gun ?
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Gallery.aspx?image=1209

it's a shame if it should lie in storage collecting dust ;) I could take care of it during the main development process.. i'm @ echidna most evenings :laugh:

Gratz Marco

I hope this will be a good move for the comunity?:rolleyes:
I like that u will comunicate more with us :):wtg:
Finally we will se a end on the old storylines "ahh the egg" and more :yay:
I not sure i like it will be "a game" tho :scratch2:
Im looking forward with exitment to see where all this will take us :cool:

Big Gratz to ur promotion Marco :)

And the best thing!!! Planet Calypso is a GAME again !!!!!

a real kick-ass MMORPG !!!

Marco I think I have butterflies in my tummy... I'm sooooo excited :wtg:

Congratulations Marco and the First Planet Co.

:D

Very much looking forward to the storylines they add sooo much to the PE>EU>PC experience.

Kick ass MMorpg comin right up!

(strips and cleans LR65 ready for some bot warz).

x-)
If the community don't mind terribly, there will probably be some cosmetic changes to the time period mentioned, just to make the story tighter and more focused. But I'll discuss it first with you all.

Marco, is this really you? Or is this another person posting on your behalf...

Oh please please please... don't let this all just be a bubble of excitement that will burst into nothing...

If you want help from the community you will get it! We'll bend the storyline as necessary as long as we stay in context :D

Somehow I can not help but get the impression that Marco did not like the way MA went with the UNIVERSE with respect to the old game either :D But you don't have to answer that Marco :ahh:

Each planet partner will have their own system. First Planet Company may add new entities to the Calypso system though.

Some of MindArk's planet partners will be game like and have storylines that may coincide with Calypso's - some will have their own. And some planet partners will use the Entropia Universe platform for entirely other purposes which doesn't even involve storylines at all.

Does that mean we wont have to live with or at all be connected to Next Island's (laughable) storyline?

Only if you bring me back on of those old style plasma rifles. :wise: (Or a Fire Forge, or a Sollomate, or a..)

I'd call it Planet Calypso. ,-)

Project Entropia ->
Entropia Universe ->
Planet Calypso [ERROR - Missing known referece]

We have been playing Entropia for five years - why can't Mindark just change the name of their silly universe thing?

All enteties associated with Entropia Universe today (Eudoria, Amethera, Crystal Palace Space Station and Club Neverdie) are all part of Planet Calypso.

There will be several people handling community activities. There will come further announcements in a few weeks.

Thanks!

The initial staff of FPC will be around 10-15 people, including game designers, writers, graphics artists, sound designers, markerting, community, and events. It will be a great difference - we are two seperate entities. MindArk PE AB will have focus on infrastructure and systems development of the Entropia Universe platform, First Planet Company will handle development and progress of Planet Calypso.

Will the PA guides remain? :confused:

How about an official forum? You could even reassign the two guides to work as full time forum moderators. :umn:

dumdidumdidumdidum ddiiiiiiiii dum

Gl

The robots still make hit-n-runs. And the RX units are sneaky gits. But the threat of invasion was countered by the Calypso colonists and the RDI.

Of course we repelled the robots. Or the others, I couldn't kill them when I joined PE. Because if we die, we just revive! xD

I wonder if the first colonists had revival terminals too? :p

Would be cool to stumble upon their ghosts. I still remember when I was new to PE and I could explore the world as a ghost on my 56k modem. The lag was of course horrible because of that. But it was fun! xD First MMORPG I ever tested. Or watched is maybe a more appropriate term :p

Buuut, either way,
*congratulations* for this promotion!

And I hope this means more underwater activity for PE (underwater city would be cool!) and of course the implementation of fishing!!!

Fishing can be ultra addictive and I spent sooo many hours in a certain MMORPG with orcs and undead warlocks to go fishing. And finding trash and treasures once in a while. Bring us fishing to PE/EU/PC now too!

(PC is a confusing name as it sounds as... eh.. PC... Who is choosing all these names anyway? :p)

Hihihi. And don't forget about that library / book-author idea I mailed you about a few years ago on the EP forum either! Would be nice if PE would have virtual books, CDs and stuff like that. Would be cool to listen to Cloetta Paris in PE for example! And I want to become a PE book author! :D

Planet Calypso does seem a little wrong to me, there are after all several other companies with a 'Planet <insert name here>' - Planet Hollywood for instance, it could even be mistaken as a musical reference.

I would try to keep the Entropia reference in the name especially as its PE that built MA and allowed it to get this far.

Last edited:
GRATZ Marco! And to the EU Community!

"My vision is to supply the resources needed for the creative team to allow them the freedom and time to create interesting short- and long-term storylines, enhance and polish game-play, add role-playing aspects, and cater to events. It is also important to develop participant-based tools for creation of activities, add depth to the various activities present today, and of course introduce new activities not before seen."

This very promising and says to me that the creators are in touch with what is needed to go from good to great. I especially like the statement "...supply the resources needed for the creative team to allow them the freedom and time..." Corporate leadership in general could learn from this; good plan!

Lastly, anyone that uses the term "kick-ass" in his public address announcing that he is now CEO of a company has my vote of confidence!

Gratz again Marco.

who will handle our support cases ?

I think there will be a new company for that, one that will take care of all support cases that are related to the platform.
And then I guess one support team that will take care of the planet support, such as bugs with mobs and other planet-related issues.

Hm... yea the naming is a bit unfortunate...

First Planet Calypso isn't really a name or Brand...

If we are the origine of the Entropia Universe then we have every right to keep having Entropia in the Name ;)

On the other hand, since PE is dead and the universe is now entropia... a notally new name makes sense...

Calypso as part of the name is an idea, but why Planet ? Do all planets have the name Planet in the naming... i.e. will it be Planet Next Island? Or just Next Island?

ahh the story line.... Storyline is so 2006 :whistle:

If you want story go play WOW LOTRO GW or any other crap.

Entropia is just about killing and skilling and winning and losing (mostly the last part) What could a story bring to this?

Quests? kill 1000 argo and receive 10 ped bonus?

I mean comeon man whats this about :scratch2:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/123728-quest-listings.html :rolleyes::D:D

P.S., Please don't hesitate to contact me if you ever want to sponsor any of your old "MA only" equipment for rental through H&R Circle.

ooh Marco, do you get to keep your gun and such? :yay:

I, for one, welcome our new planetary overlord!

Back