First planet company to take over planet calypso

Marco, I have a new question!

Now that you are the CEO here, will we get more Q&A's? :D

(although now that you have posted so much info (thank you so very much!) there won't be many Q's left :D)

Maybe this would be a good time for a little more information on the difference between the platform and the virtual worlds.

Which team controls the development and implementation of new skills?

Which team creates items and creatures and determines their behaviors/characteristics?

Say that a franchisee wanted to allow teraforming of land areas, building construction, industries, etc. who would be responsible for the development?

What about player-generated content? Will that be expanded, and who handles that development?

I think most questions would be self-explainatory if you perceive the Entropia Universe platform like an operating system (like Windows) and each planet partner as a program running on the OS. Does that help?

Have a separate game... Does that mean our stuff , skills cant be used on some planets?

That is decided by each and every planet partner. Some planet partners may even want a closed planet. The Entropia Universe will become very diversed in the future. Almost like the Internet itself...

First off, Gratz to you Marco. I am looking forward to the great things to come.

Second, as for storyline, please keep in mind we have some extremely talented, fully vested players here who would be great resources for anything relating to story developement who I'm sure would be happy to lend a hand. I am not one of them unfortunately due to a lack of skill, but if you've been watching EF I'm sure you know who many of them are.

To the future!

In order to keep things tight and focused, in the beginning I expect to have all storyline coming from FPC. As this is set and the boundries are up, I expect more community involvement. Like you said, there are numerous talanted fiction writers in the Entropia community (yes, you know who you are!).

In order to keep things tight and focused, in the beginning I expect to have all storyline coming from FPC. As this is set and the boundries are up, I expect more community involvement. Like you said, there are numerous talanted fiction writers in the Entropia community (yes, you know who you are!).

Sounds really nice :)

Will there be any way we can email or otherwise contact you privately about suggestions and stuff (like support cases has been used while you were at MA)?

Wait, I've deposited money into a...game?? I was led to believe this was not a game, or at least more than a game.

Well, I see Planet Calypso as more than a game, but it is a game nevertheless. A game with a real cash economy.

all this information and openess is making me feeling coosy :D

I like the new and improved Marco :yay:

Quests? kill 1000 argo and receive 10 ped bonus?

I hate that kind of grinding quests! Really. I'd like quests to be more in synch with the storyline and with a purpose and a history to it. A good example of a simple quest I like was the time when RDI issued requests for items to battle the robots and when it was over, by a joint effort of the brave colonists for weeks, it happend. The robots got kicked out and it became a turning point in Calypso's history. Something to remember.

The mechanics might have been weak at the time (a lot of hunting) but that is the kind of "quests" I'd like to see in the future. Purpose and history.

Gratz Marco. Now there's no hiding behind the "he's just the PR guy", Marco. Be scared; be very scared. :eek:

Lol. I am going to surprise you, disappoint you, make you happy, excitied, sad and mad. Sometimes I'll make you love me, sometimes you will hate me. It is all part of the journey. I just hope you will be entertained during the coming years.

I'd be a fool if I believed otherwise. =)

Are you going to be limited by the fact that MA still controls the fundamental systems including the economy? It would be frustrating if every new armor/weapon/item you wanted to introduce had to be OKed by MA because it will have an effect (if only indirectly) on the economy.

Yes, we will be limited as MindArk maintains and develop the platform Planet Calypso is built on and is part of. Do I see this limitation as a problem? No. It allows us to focus on the important stuff, and MindArk on the boring stuff.

(Magnus, the balancing manager, is so going to hate me right now. ,-)

Still a big question, how will people move around planets ? Will the companies that own the planets decide how u get there ? free or not ? How will people know there is another planet ? Show them at the teleporter next to the continent button ? adds ? etc

marco, are we to read into the fact that 50 of your 878 posts on ef have happened in the last two days, that this new and improved marco is one that no longer has his hands tied by mindark and can now operate with the base as you have always wished?

if so, this is a very, very good move on the part of yourself and the company and will have dividends for the base that we have never imagined were actually possible before, due to the almost criminal lack of communication given to us in the past.

and, no, i'm not sexually turned on like mindstar9.

,-) <----- the evidently marco approved smiley

Tight, tight, TIGHT, TIGHTER!

Erm... sorry.

wait... what? :laugh:

Marco... will there be snow on Calypso? Will there be non-radar PvP areas? Stuff like that? :)

and with night... will there be nightvision, torches, etc? :)

Oh please please please... don't let this all just be a bubble of excitement that will burst into nothing...

It will become a fun ride into the future. But, and I cannot stress it enough, it will be a slow period before this commences (with the CyENGINE release). I want to be upfront and absolutley clear on that. Some notions and hints will come though during this time, but see it as a build-up phase.

(there will probably be some new systems introduced as well before the CE2 release, which are non-storyline affected, can't say more right now)

Of course we repelled the robots. Or the others, I couldn't kill them when I joined PE. Because if we die, we just revive! xD

You want me to remove all Rev-terminals? And make your dead avatar stay dead forever? ,-)

OMG, he's real, real guy, real interests, time for others :beerchug:
So many posts, so much info, so many ideas! Perfect timing when the economy looks uncertain for pretty much everyone, keeping us rooted for our common future. I'll have to :coffee: to catch up.

Looking exciting :yup: I was pretty sure this was just a move to isolate and maybe even shut-up shop, but this interaction (not communication) is giving postive vibes.

** Forces hand into mail box, pulls out the software tester job application, crosses out MA EU, and writes Calypso Planet **

I hope the rest of your team is as fired up as you, if not, remind them of the current economic climate, then sack one :laugh:

Loot, really :rolleyes:

Gratz Marco!
After the first :eek: im looking forward to see where we are going.
Since Calypso will keep all thats been Entropia up til now,
then plz keep the name aswell!

The Entropia Universe name is reserved for the platform and the "umbrella" that all planets will be a part of. "Planet Calypso" is, well, the planet called Calypso in this universe. Why the name isn't just Calypso? Well, you get about 14m+ hits on Google with it... ,-)

Something i want to understand:

when i will connect game , i will connect to entropia universe platform, or i have to launch the "planet" in which i want to play?

You will connect to Entropia Universe. You last position within the universe will be where you start your next session.

You will connect to Entropia Universe. You last position within the universe will be where you start your next session.

As I thought it would be :D

Marco, do you think you will add any new ways to make money (for newbs) on Calypso?

So are we all now Calypsians who are also Entropians who are from the Entropia Universe and born on calypso?

Back