Dont let your hard work go to waste!

Thaddeuss

Prowler
Society
The Knights of Calypso
Thaddeuss Thad Scotsman
Hi fellow Entropians !

I thought i would share this with all my fellow video makers in our lovely community. With all the hard work we put into creating our Entropia videos it would be a shame to see them blocked or erased all because of some stupid legal issues. Youtube has sent me my first video block :(

Video Disabled

A copyright owner has claimed it owns some or all of the audio content in your video Crystal palace. The audio content identified in your video is Trip Like I Do by The Crystal Method. We regret to inform you that your video has been blocked from playback due to a music rights issue.

Replace Your Audio with AudioSwap

Don't worry, we have plenty of music available for your use. Please visit our AudioSwap library to learn how you can easily replace the audio in your video with any track from our growing library of fully licensed songs.

Other Options

If you think there's been a mistake, or you have other questions, please visit the Copyright Notice page in your account.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Content Identification Team

that was one of my favourite videos i created, th music fit so perfectly with everything. and i am rather upset that it has been deleted from youtube. I load my vids to youtube then delet them to save memory space and now all that hard work is lost :(

When creating videos of Entropia, if you are going to use un licenced music for your videos be sure to give credit to the song makers somewhere in your video by stating the song name and band name in your credits.

If you do not do this you risk the chance of getting one of these emails from youtube, throwing all your hard work in the garbage :confused:

So dont make the same mistake i did, i have probably another 10 vids that dont give any credit so im hoping their not noticed anytime soon, but i wont be surprised to find more have been disabled :(:(

Seems this getting more and more common...sucks bigtime! :(

the thing is i was 90% i gave credit to the song in the credits of my video but i cant go back to watch it now to make sure...

I sent a claim dispute in to request approval to have my video public and offered to add credit to the song in the video description ..

Tho it says claiming a dispute my cause more issues for me, i put too much work into that vid just to let it go without a fight :(

OP, here's what you need to know in order to avoid that kind of thing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Basically, you can't use an entire copyrighted work within your own without paying a royalty.

If you use about 10% of a song, you're usually OK.

There's more to t than this, but that's why I put the link up there.
Read, learn, adapt.

AG

thanx for the info bro, i remember having a conversation with Mindstar about the whole copyright issue and as far as i remember i thought i only had to include the name of the song and song writer and that would allow me to use any song i wanted. if thats not the case well that truly sucks then lol

I have used alot of crystal method songs in a bunch of my videos so i geuss i just sit back and hope they dont stumble across the other vids i did with their music.

This suxs!!

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
the nature of the copyrighted work;
the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work

well my work was non profit, i did use the whole song or almost the whole song, so they got me their, but if anything i affected their potential market in a good way allowing the song to be reborn and heard from many that ahve never heard it before.

So from this i would say they should let me use it...

maybe i should start contacting copyright owners for permission before creating any new vids...

Well i submitted a dispute claim to the copyrighters. I added credits to the video via youtube tools giving credit to the song and band, as well as adding it to the description section and with no luck got this email today :(

Dear skanknsteve,

In response to your dispute of a content identification match, UMG has reviewed your video Crystal palace and confirmed their claim to some or all of its audio content. As a result, your video is no longer available.

UMG claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification program. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video / audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.

Please take a few minutes to visit our Help Center section on Copyright Tips, where you can learn more about copyright laws.

Sincerely,

hmm...

thanx for the info bro, i remember having a conversation with Mindstar about the whole copyright issue and as far as i remember i thought i only had to include the name of the song and song writer and that would allow me to use any song i wanted. if thats not the case well that truly sucks then lol

Dude... stop your complaining.. You used their song without permission. Just giving credit is NOT getting permission unless you asked first. Stop the gripes and get used to it. If you want to right your own music for your videos, do so. Otherwise, stop complaining. There IS a lot of public domain works out there. Go use those if you wish. No one will complain about copyrights on those since copyright is already expired.

you can try the " for promotional use only " blag

a lot of the white label vinyl i used to mix had uncleared / uncredited samples and i you coould get away with it by marking the label " for promotional use only , not for resale "
Though i think it was for a max run of 500 copies so im not sure how this would work with stuff on the net

Also some i think you can use copyrighted material on a video / fiilm if its as part of of a show reel, again for promotional use only.

Ive not done other of these things myself so this isnt a legal opinon

edit i think material used on show reels needs to be creditted

(makes face)

Seems this getting more and more common...sucks bigtime!

Not just that song or the game. I tried Searching "Torchwood" and got nada, I tried searching "Doctor Who" and got crack home movies. I finally found somebody's protest video saying that youtube had removed all Torchwood and Doctor who videos due to copywrite issues.

It did the same for some of the anime I like as well.

Dude... stop your complaining.. You used their song without permission. Just giving credit is NOT getting permission unless you asked first. Stop the gripes and get used to it. If you want to right your own music for your videos, do so. Otherwise, stop complaining.

dude i think that was alittle harsh. - rep to u

i had no real intention to complain here rather more of inform others to the situation. Sure it suxs and im upset i put alot of work into that vid, no need for u to come on to my thread and be an ass about it. As if im whining and complaining that they are in the wrong and had no right to remove my video.

i fully understand that i used copyrighted music and that i have no real legal right to use it and nor do i expect one. Im sorry if my original post came off as me whining and crying for my video back, cause that was not my intention, i merely wanted to inform others of the situation i am in so they can possibly avoid it.

There IS a lot of public domain works out there. Go use those if you wish. No one will complain about copyrights on those since copyright is already expired.

well atleast u said something helpful.. thanx ill look into that.

Last edited:
Dear skanknsteve,

Video Disabled

A copyright owner has claimed it owns some or all of the audio content in your video The March On Troy. The audio content identified in your video is Name Of The Game by The Crystal Method. We regret to inform you that your video has been blocked from playback due to a music rights issue.

Replace Your Audio with AudioSwap

Don't worry, we have plenty of music available for your use. Please visit our AudioSwap library to learn how you can easily replace the audio in your video with any track from our growing library of fully licensed songs.

Other Options

If you think there's been a mistake, or you have other questions, please visit the Copyright Notice page in your account.

Sincerely,

took out another of my vids today. btw

Last edited:
Interesting that something like this would be allowed then:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V69tdkl5l7M[/YOUTUBE]

Back