Planet Calypso: 3 for 1 skill bonus

Fairness is still to be determined! If 15 POE are given out to 15 uber miners/hunters/crafters, it would then appear to be favortism. and the 3x skilling would be the bribe for the masses to say everyone got 'something' IMO

If people of "varying skill levels" received armor for their efforts, then it could be said that the event was "not" rewarding Uberness and truely everyone equally had a chance... again, just my point of view =)

with that said, VERY POSITIVE moves on MA's part!! says alot for the team in place! Cheers MindArk!!

yes your right, but as it was mentioned before, to get a POE set, u will need more than 1 item, that means a noob killing robots out of the event zones, has the chance to loot one or even more of those items, and he can deposit some money and buy the rest of the items needed or he can sell them and make some money back with it, i'm gonna speak for me, i would love to get a POE set, but i don0t mind getting just some good skill up and even get one or two pieces and get a few good peds for them.
Ofcourse that in this subject, a uber has more chances of gathering a good amount of peds and buy the remaining pieces that may need and this way all the POE sets end on uber hands, but the minority looters will win too with the sales, right?

This means that no newbie or even med lev player won't get a set anyway. Last time, when one item was required, you could have a chance to get PoE. And highest transmitter price was like 10k if my memory serves (to long ago, sorry, someone states in this thread 1k), but noone knew what they are for (amd I right?). Now, the price for these samples can be even higher, PoE is not only top shelve armor, but rather unique one. For majority of players even depositing to get all samples won't be possible. But hell, if it can be sold for a good price, I wouldn't mind either. Ofc I will try to get all samples required, but can't say I have much hope. But still, event seems to be very well prepared, we can hope that realisation goes according to plan and we have tones of fun. And that's what actually matters here.

They did not say anything about looting whole armours.
They did not even state they are unlimited ones.
Could quitre well be that you need a certain amount of different tokens to get 15 (L) armours and there again one does not know, how high the TT on them will be .
Also there is no need to make the loot avatar, location or action based.
Server could determine that the lucky one is who globals at a certain time.

I'm sure they will not be L. It's kinda special armor set...

There will be 15 robot pieces total to be looted by crafting/hunting/mining.

When you loot one of the pieces, after the event is over you can trade your piece in for a full set of (unlimited) Protector of the Empire armor.

This is the way it worked the last time PoE was handed out, so I would bet my ped card that this is how it will work this year.

According to what MA stuff say/write, you've lost your ped card. I will gladly collect it at Hadesheim C around 22:00 MA time, everyday. Read again please:

The Government will reward colonists that can salvage all the pieces of new technology with 15 complete sets of Protector of the Empire armor...

Sounds more like MA needs more deposits. Probably people have been playing less since the loot has been so low.

No, he is using the term several in terms of there will be a number of BP style drops that can be swapped for an entire set.

Several means more than 3 but less than 10.

Keeping in mind there are 15 sets to be divided over 3 spheres, does not necessarily mean that there will be exactly 5 per sphere (Hunting/Crafting/Mining) dropped;

That will depend on the ratio of activity in each sphere during the period as to where these tokens (inc Crafting bp style tokens) drop.

Involve yourself in all 3 spheres to increase your chances and better your general return rate at the end of the day (as MA support have stated in the past)

~ Sparkz

There will be 15 robot pieces total to be looted by crafting/hunting/mining.

When you loot one of the pieces, after the event is over you can trade your piece in for a full set of (unlimited) Protector of the Empire armor.

This is the way it worked the last time PoE was handed out, so I would bet my ped card that this is how it will work this year.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1663923-post74.html

I interpret that as needing several pieces to exchange for an armor set.

Awesome to see a substantial event happening - thanks to the team at FPC.

But couldn't you recolour an armour set and have something new for this, why destroy the value by flooding the market with POE sets??? OK I'm turning into a whinging prick I know!
The 3 for 1 skill gains is a great idea. I don't belive it will affect the skills market much nad adds some real incentive to get online more and be active.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1663923-post74.html

I interpret that as needing several pieces to exchange for an armor set.

Interesting, this conflicts with the E-mail sent out to all participants.

Justin/Marco,

Care to clarify properly for all of us upon this.

And to how many pieces will be needed *exactly* to obtain a complete set ?

Thanks,
Sparkz

:rofl: Waits for the screams of bloody murder in false advertising :laugh:

Awesome to see a substantial event happening - thanks to the team at FPC.

But couldn't you recolour an armour set and have something new for this, why destroy the value by flooding the market with POE sets??? OK I'm turning into a whinging prick I know!
The 3 for 1 skill gains is a great idea. I don't belive it will affect the skills market much nad adds some real incentive to get online more and be active.

I would hardly call 20 sets a flood. It's still going to be worth a lot, between angel and shadow, closer to shadow imo. MA made no guarantees that only 5 would ever exist and buyers should have taken that into consideration. Besides, they all got free foot guards. :) I think awarding "Protector of the Empire" armor for this event is appropriate as well.

Hi :)

This event is open to the crafters and miners alike , so miners check your loot window for strange robot technology and crafters look for unusual blueprints that can be exchanged for POE Armor sets;)

Hunters you need to get to that front line and kick some robot rectum;)

There is a storm coming.

Justin:)

i know this will be unpopular comment in some circles, but why should crafters and miners get good armour drops? i dont get bp drop when hunting? i (along with many others) will be very annoyed if a afk auto crafter ends up with a PoE set. i hope this is not going to be a 5/5/5 split because that would be really unfair to those decaying on the front line while others mine in quiet areas or click away in the safty of a service centre. if there must be crafting and mining drops, at least make it only a couple between them. why not give miners an uber finder/extractor; crafters a PoE (L) bp or PoE weapon bp like a rifle or such.

sorry crafter/miner, you get your oppurtunities to get other good stuff, armour drops should be for hunters.
asbetos suit on. :dodge:

btw last time im sure it was a single transmitter item exchanged for the whole set. i dont see why it would be any different and the only way to interpret comments from MA is that it will be the same.

Has anyone come up with the IDEA that MindArk will give out 15 full sets off Poe, But not in sets but in separate pieces per piece of secret robo techonolgy looted..?

Has anyone come up with the IDEA that MindArk will give out 15 full sets off Poe, But not in sets but in separate pieces per piece of secret robo techonolgy looted..?
omg you mixed too much:p

MindArk will give full POE sets, not parts

This means that no newbie or even med lev player won't get a set anyway. Last time, when one item was required, you could have a chance to get PoE. And highest transmitter price was like 10k if my memory serves (to long ago, sorry, someone states in this thread 1k), but noone knew what they are for (amd I right?). :

Highest sold at 15k ped, lowest 1k I believe.
5 sets where released 1 transmitter was TT`d.

Ill still be surprised to see how this will work out.
If I loot a part, I wont sell and then 1 set cant be released in theory.
The only way to remove human error is to link a certain part of robot tech to a certain part of the POE. Collect 7 parts u got full set. collect 6 u get 6 pieces.

Otherwise I bet alot of people will hold out and charge 60k ped for the missing piece. and then the guy with 6 parts has to swallow it or say fuck it I wont get the POE which seems highly unlikely.

They never set they would give out full sets of the armor and that 15 full sets will be given out..

Most likely the best way.
And IF ma is right about items beeing recyled, if any part gets tt´d ittll just got back into the loot pool.

MindArk will give full POE sets, not parts

Parts would be fairly useless and extremely annoying.

Even if they have stated it wrong to their email out to all participants and a few tokens are required to acquire a prize (Full Set),

At least they can let us know in advance how many robo tech tokens are required. I am hoping it is one per set, yet fair call if it is more than one, this will keep a lot more people inspired for longer and give the ability to sell tokens to others to gather the amount required.

Still waiting to hear from Justin/Marco on clarification of this.

I can already see them in with Jan in the boardroom (or from home in conference call) with their coffee discussing the best path to take. :D

^^ Probably a bad idea to have multiple token requirements, people would feel cheated if they looted one and worked towards looting another, only to find 15 richer participants buying up the number required and leaving some people with useless tokens if they did not get an opportunity to sell the one they acquired ^^

Please consider the options carefully MA, pissing people off in rendering the event unfair for groups within the community will have a lot of hard work undone that has gone into bringing this positive event to us.

Possible solution for multiple token path :

- X number of tokens required for a full set,

- Tokens are tradable. (Check below for consideration on this)

- Once all 15 sets have been awarded,

- MA Official Avatar will award remaining tokens with 1 piece of PoE armor that they desire by request

- Anyone who misses the MA Official Avatar lineup for armor can submit a support case stating the armor piece they would like in trade for the token(s) they have after the event by a certain date which will be placed into the avatar's inventory after the support entry date has expired.

Still I hope it is only 1 token per full set.

Having many pieces floating around the place does take away from the appeal of winning a unique set of armor within the community and devalues it's significance & sale value substancially.

A secondary reward is another option for left over tokens, though it brings us back to the unfairness claim in equal levels of opportunity for the community as a whole (Unless you make the tokens non-tradable/non-sellable to others)

Last edited:
Just to make sure, it is every single skill gain x3 or only the skills you get as killing bonus skill ?

Just to make sure, it is every single skill gain x3 or only the skills you get as killing bonus skill ?

All skills across all spheres of activities bud,

No kill required to receive the bonus as this is for all professions in EU, not just hunting ;)

I'm still waiting on my e-mail...

No kill required to receive the bonus as this is for all professions in EU, not just hunting ;)

I'd like someone from MA staff to confirm this :)

Brilliant idea to up the deposits for the end of the year... I immagine they were kinda low for Q4 ...

That said, if the event is worth it, why not... it's that sort of thing the community has been asking for for such a long time...

I just hope that loot will be somewhat decent... and not ripping massive holes in peoples pockets... but I guess that's just what will happen...

Anyhow, let's see how this event goes... I'm also excited..

but then , its all skill in whole game for all profetion ?
Like if i color do i gain 3 skill ?
If i hunt hogglo , do i get 3 skill ?
If i taillor , or craft compo ?
If i make beauty ?
Taming get 3 skill ?

I'd like someone from MA staff to confirm this :)

Have a look at these two posts.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1663720-post15.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1663728-post17.html

Or the 1st post of this thread, where Ace has put the replies from MA

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...on/135218-planet-calypso-3-1-skill-bonus.html

If i make beauty ?
Taming get 3 skill ?

Yes, see above.

Let's all craft some pall stools!

that will teach these robots!

If i make beauty ?
Taming get 3 skill ?

read op.

yes.

Sounds more like MA needs more deposits. Probably people have been playing less since the loot has been so low.

My Ped-Antenna says your 100% right. :D

Lot of folks stopped depo and playing because it is a ped drain for months for the most off us!

But this time they are trying to do a good job this event looks awasome.

Last edited:
If i make beauty ?
Taming get 3 skill ?

Yes ... :)

My Ped-Antenna says your 100% right. :D

Lot of folks stopped depo and playing because it is a ped drain for months for the most off us!

But this time they are trying to do a good job this event looks awasome.

Exactly :) it does... question remains... will it feel so awesome in our ped cards after we finished up the drones and the skill bonus "nerf" is done though?
Let's all wait and see... :silly2:

Had to add: MA, Marco, Eon, whoever's plugging in this thread and all the others getting a lot of hits around the forum: This is seen as many as a "last chance to prove me wrong" deposit, please do your best to not disapoint people even more like last months, and the graphic cards "promotion" or i'm sure you'll be getting this to backfire in your laps in a few weeks...

Prove me wrong... please...

/Migi

i know this will be unpopular comment in some circles, but why should crafters and miners get good armour drops? i dont get bp drop when hunting? i (along with many others) will be very annoyed if a afk auto crafter ends up with a PoE set. i hope this is not going to be a 5/5/5 split because that would be really unfair to those decaying on the front line while others mine in quiet areas or click away in the safty of a service centre. if there must be crafting and mining drops, at least make it only a couple between them. why not give miners an uber finder/extractor; crafters a PoE (L) bp or PoE weapon bp like a rifle or such.

sorry crafter/miner, you get your oppurtunities to get other good stuff, armour drops should be for hunters.

btw last time im sure it was a single transmitter item exchanged for the whole set. i dont see why it would be any different and the only way to interpret comments from MA is that it will be the same.

You really did not pass in classes on motivational design and equal opportunity for all now did you ;)

The prizes are ultimately used in hunting, though MA is indirectly trying to encourage that which brings the best rate of return to participants through reward potential in all spheres of activity along with broadening one's experiences within Entropia.

Wether people sell off these sets or wether they open up new opportunities for the awarded participants to place greater focus into hunting development down the track is another question.

The post you have made, from a personal observation & opinion is very short sighted, it is also very selfish and self centered in meeting conditions which fit you without concern for, or consideration of, others whom support the processes involved in acquiring that which is required for you to continue your development in the hunting sphere.

Maybe it is you who should give mining and crafting a go to increase your opportunities, having the desired designed effect MindArk has creatively placed into the workings of this event.

Cheers,
Sparkz

Last edited:
Hmm, so it sounds like there's not really any chance for me to actually win the armour by looting the pieces, I would almost certainly have to buy some pieces from other people. That is rather disappointing.

i 2nd that disapointment :(

Let's all craft some pall stools!

that will teach these robots!

:rofl: Robots don't come across as the sit down type.

I was thinking more filters to add an additional level of refinement the oil they drink,

Or Dampers to help them with the kickback from the condensed release of accelerated photons from their hands ... oh their laser handguns, that's right :D

~ Sparkz

I kinda agree with all you said just there :)

Placing all relevant information into targeting systems :D

Scans have detected unusual activity within the Bars upon Calypso.
Backup will be required for the cleanup operation.

robot_party.jpg

Perpetrator found and entered.

robot-oil-bartender.jpg

Alright time to knock off and catch some Zs,

As an R.P. update,

EBN spies sent in to assess the unusual activity have reported back that the Perpetrators of these parties are well protected and will be bring the party for all of Calypso to enjoy from tomorrow.

GL all on the event :wtg:
And may the hunters on the front line have fun acquiring many toaster parts :D

Hopefully Justin and Marco finish their meeting with the robot leaders and can clarify exactly will be involved in winning an event prize.

~ Sparkz

Great to have 3 times more skill gains. I will sure use it as good as I can :)

COMMUNICATION!!! Weeee!!! :laugh:
I like the event idea :) and most of all I like the part about miners looting the samples of technology. Thanks for that. Not only hunting spots will get less crowded but also miners and crafters can acutally loot something new :D

I think there would be different items for different parts of the PoE - 15sets, 7 parts each gives 105 samples to loot in total.
This way more people can loot something unique and the one who wants to collect the armor set will be forced to buy the items / armor parts.
That is not so bad. Most events (including the robots few days ago) was mostly for quite skilled or uber players solo or teams. If we could loot one item and exchange it for PoE set those guys would be in much better possition than anyone else. Now, they will need to use up some more cash to buy things which were for example mined or crafted...
Sounds more fair to me tbh. Seriously doubt anyone will gather all parts without buying and this way more people can gather some cash for the samples.

I doubt in getting any part myself. Even if that is 105 parts in total (15 sets x 7 parts each) getting even only one will be very hard.
Spawn places will be crazy, hunters will be everywhere, miners will run up and down entire map.... uuuuh, sign me up! :laugh:

MA, PLZ consider creating as many spawn points as possible... And make them diversed like last time. So there actually is a place to keep ubers bussy, that there is a place for mid level to act in teams only, some for solo mid levels and some for people with little skills... Be resonable. You did great with several spots last time and I think crashing servers during umbranoid attacks gave you some idea on what too many people in one place could mean, huh?

argh...would need a Vigi...
Prices will go up sky high for them...
Really hope I can loan one from a soc m8 for some days.
Would be nice if there was a craftable (L) armour for bots.

Price of M Helmet and Harness (always were most expesive parts) is already gone 100ped up. AFAIK F Harness is up to +500 atm :laugh: Gratz to all the resellers who managed to figure out that would come and actually sell for this price. I am sorry I don't have two sets, I would sell one now myself :laugh:
Never been more glad I have a full set and 6a :wtg:

*undusts mining equipment, polishes weapon and amp, tries on vigilante to make sure it still fits and watches mother ship in Hades*

Depositing right now ^^

Back