Question: Events for miners?

Should MindArk make a dedicated miner event?

• Yes, bring it on

Votes: 155 81.2%
  • No, things are running well this way

Votes: 30 15.7%
  • Other - post plz

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters

Phaser

Prowler
Society
TusaLusa
Phaser Phaser Chaos
Events. Events are fun. Made by MA or not they are fun.

What brings me to this conclusion: What about a MA event for miners?

If memory dont fail me, the last "true" event dedicated to miners was when the asteroid hit Calypso. Mining was big.

In 3 months we saw 3 major events, hunting, skill bonus, hunting, skill bonus....robot wars (hunting)....hunting, hunting hunting... Ok, ok...we also win skills from the skill event and now we also win a from the "Mutant menace" event too.

Still, since im a miner by passion and a hunter by sport, this also remind me about crafters wich imho, is a profession that is related whit mining.

We need them, they need us.

So, isnt about time that "you" MindArk, give us an event for us miners to blast Calypso?

Hope someone in MA will see this Thread and I really hope that alot of people in the comunity, be that hunter, miner or crafter, vote here.

Thank you all for your contribution.
:cool:

More power and hunting nice theard :wtg:

If memory dont fail me, the last "true" event dedicated to miners was when the asteroid hit Calypso. Mining was big.

My memory is a bit dim these days.

Wasn't that circa VU7 ??

Seems like years ago... oh, it was years ago!

:scratch2:

I agree, it would be nice to see event's for mining. Since it's all I really do.

My memory is a bit dim these days.

Wasn't that circa VU7 ??

Seems like years ago... oh, it was years ago!

:scratch2:

Think so. Sadly at that time I could not be able to play EU (PE) cause of rl problems, but for what i heard at the time it was a blast.

Dunno about the comet as an "event"? Wasn't that just a way for MA to say "now loots are fewer but bigger"?

But the one and only mining event I can think of right now was when PvP3 was cluttered with Nexus. That was a nice time because you almost always found something in there, and in big deposits too! :yay:

bring it on MA please, and some event for crafters too!!

A mining event would be great .
Please not just who can get the most or biggest globals/hof's:rolleyes:

something like the Z-games in Star´s LA but global and with special prizes like new finders. that would be fun.

I also want.
How about an asteroid that is a resort falls down? ;)

Mining event by MA would be awesome, but the simple fact is that MA has good templates for hunting events, and story is easier to make around hunting. Basicly MA is too lazy to do anything about it.

Im afraid that minning event will be same BS as last 3 and 2 x skill gains. Miners will be "rewarded" with higher skills(which actually decreased its impact on minning and will lower its value).
Loots will be bad i guess and most of them will be transfered into more and more useless skills.

Minning event for me? Rather not.

What sort of activities would you suggestr should occur as an event for miners?

1. find new / ancient technology (to be either applied to a current tech to make it better or to be swapped for better tech as per PoE armour was)
2. find new ores / enmatters that can be added by crafters to make current tech better in some way, but worse in decay?
3. find entrances to underground cave systems (similar to going aboard a beacon ship) which require teaming up with hunters to discover better tech / valuable items / ancient artifacts...

Giving ideas on HOW a mining event could be created is going to be recieved by MA better that just moaning that there should be an event.

This is the difference between whining and constructive critisism...

I would like to see some event for miners... Would be nice to have something in the storyline like an asteroid hit or some geological activities of Calypso that would activate some resources... like that claims would be fewer but bigger or making resources appear in different places for a week...

But most of all, the very most of all... underwater mining :drool: I want one!

...Giving ideas on HOW a mining event could be created is going to be recieved by MA better that just moaning that there should be an event.

This is the difference between whining and constructive critisism...

Am I whining? :scratch2:

Good idea for mining events may be the introduction of 50-100 rare UL finders/amps that are to be found over the course of a month or so by mining.. that or other items even...

"A devastating earthquake struck the northernmost part of Amethera yesterday. Great fissures have opened up, lavafloods have transformed rivers and lakes into huge mists that covers the entire area. Hunters and miners are advised thread carefully in the dangerous surroundings. However, first indications from government geologists suggest that the magnitude 9.6 quake have brought a number of unique ores and enmatters up to extractable depths.

Government Chief Mining Engineer Dean R. Ill: "We must take this chance, there are ores and enmatters here that our engineers and scientists can use to produce a number of enhanced versions of existing goods such as better armor etc, and who knows, they might even come up with entirely new technology."

The Calypso Government implore all miners to help our scientists in their endeavour, find them the materials they so desperately need!"

;):)

Good idea Day :) to top it off MA can make new event ores found randomly by miners which MA will add a buyout for of 10k% or something like that in auction.. or just a high tt per ore/enmatter found

I'm sure that MA would love to make a mining/crafting event, but how? I didn't know about any asteroid event, but sure, that could be one way of doing it for the miners, but I honestly don't see any other way. I you have ideas for such event, why not send those suggestions to MA? If they are good, I'm sure they'll consider it, cause it is true that the fucos has mainly been on the hunters.

Who not just make some ores that spawn everywhere during a certain event?

Like the annual mob migration, it would (kind of) make sense that there are unique minerals for a time too? And state that in their descriptions.

During this time, also drop some rare (L) blueprints that require these ingredients only and that creates some "unique" items too. Maybe some green Opalos (made from some green ore), purple Manns (made from a purple ore) and so on?

Or like the M2875 ME, with different laser colours?

All those items could have in the descriptions that they were acquired during that rare event. Boom. Problem solved.

And those who found them would certainly be happy :D

I know everyone will hate this but maybe drop some more imp, adj extractors, maybe finders or god forbid some more then the 5-10 UL amps out there..

Or as some people sugested maybe make a certain area like the unopened part of amerthea made just for this mining event that does open it to everyone after but starts with this event to find the resourses to make it possible to build the citys and then after fight off the invadeing mutants that are pissed off that we stole there resourses. So you have a choice It starts off as a mining event then switches to hunting But you can only sign up for one... Then the big helecopters come in and start dropping off the Outposts one by one over a month.

LOL I know that what i typed was about 3 diffrent things jumbled into one.. I started off slow then i got excited.. lol I could come up with all kinds of ideas in the rough, Just need the artists in this community to smooth the edges..

Sounds like a good idea, but try to keep it within reality. I think it would take MA a bit of time to add flying helicopters, city construction and so on to the game.

A little bit more complicated than colourizing a weapon texture -_-

Hi

There are events tailor made for miners and crafters coming soon along with some long awaited events to;)

Justin.

Just a small clarification for people that don't play this game for a long time.

Soon means between tomorow and the end of times.

Events are fun tho! I hope we will see some creative events too one day :)

Expect soon threads with "What about events for hairdresser/colourer/beautician/trader/......?" ;)

Expect soon threads with "What about events for hairdresser/colourer/beautician/trader/......?" ;)

Hehehe. I thought trading was already an event of it's own? :p

Back