Newspaper for Entropia Universe

Would you subscribe to a newsletter/newspaper to do with Entropia???

• Yes!

Votes: 77 61.1%
  • No!

Votes: 30 23.8%
  • Maybe Later!

Votes: 19 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GalacticLord

Dominant
Society
Aussie Entropians
Dom GalacticLord Ination
Hi All!
I am currently looking into creating a website to release a free weekly newsletter/newspaper to subscribers... The page would contain the newspaper itself, an archive of older editions, a guide section for newbies updated regularly etc. At the moment, I am pricing up the costs and working out how to keep it afloat through advertising. In this poll I would like to find out how many people would be interested in subscribing so I can finish off my calculations. Also, any ideas of what could be added to the newspaper would be appreciated...

I think its a good idea i would like to see something like this happen

all the inportaint events and going ons of the past week or so in one spot

Thanks for the post.
I would also like to mention that I would like to allow people to advertise their events in the Entropia Universe through the Newsletter for a small PED price, depending on the size of the advert...

Excellent Idea! Can't believe that I didn't think if that one...
Any others?

I love the idea for an e-news in EU! :D
How about a comic section? ;)

Mine's ruled out. Doing a weekly comic is already enough without having to think what might or might not make people laugh. X-D

Lots of various inserts. not only "This uber did that!" etc

bring out stories that people normally wouldent see :p a noob did something\found something?

someone went on a "picnic" ? who knows lol :p

Great ideas guys. I'll look into comics and see how we go... Those noob stories also seem like a good idea... Ty

Pet of the month :D

Sounds good... I'll prob give it a go...

I was just thinking, what about competitions for PED... What are your thoughts?

Competitions are my only source of income in EU. :D
I'd definitely give it a go. ;)

I would just like to say a big thanks to all who voted up till now and who posted comments... It has helped out a lot. I am proceding with the project and have created a progress page you can follow here: http://twitter.com/GalacticLord
I hope to update it as often as possible... Please follow...
Thanks again.
Please remember that I still need ideas for the newspaper and would still like to hear from you, so don't hesitate to post!

like a online sellers thing for noobs selling sweat like me i totally support u:yay::yay::yay::yay::eek::wtg::ahh::laugh::eek::rolleyes:

If u mean like a market watch thing, thats a great idea! Sorta like the stock market pages you get in real newspapers!!!

In the past there's been a couple of papers done for EU. The last one was hillarious although I can't at all remember it's name. :(It was proffessionally written and put together. It did spoofs on different things/ players, had horoscopes matched up to creatures and a lot of other great things. I actually miss it. Anyone remember the name so a link can be provided?

Thanks and Rock on!

Dont forget about the page 3 girls !!!
Maybe some people would like a crossword...

In the past there's been a couple of papers done for EU. The last one was hillarious although I can't at all remember it's name. :(It was proffessionally written and put together. It did spoofs on different things/ players, had horoscopes matched up to creatures and a lot of other great things. I actually miss it. Anyone remember the name so a link can be provided?

Thanks and Rock on!

I believe you are thinking of 'The Calypso Post' and I loved reading it too.

Maybe you should get in touch with those guys and see if you can team up OP. Doing what you suggest will be an incredible amount of effort weekly and is best suited to a team of journalists.

Edit: Found an edition of TCP for reference:

TCP Jan/Feb 2008

Last edited:
I believe you are thinking of 'The Calypso Post' and I loved reading it too.

Maybe you should get in touch with those guys and see if you can team up OP. Doing what you suggest will be an incredible amount of effort weekly and is best suited to a team of journalists.

Edit: Found an edition of TCP for reference:

TCP Jan/Feb 2008

THANKS! yepperz and + rep for finding it :) Wish I knew what happened to them.. they just stopped :(

How about sudoku ?

if u need some help with the site design send me a pm.

There have been some really nice magazines up through the years. The Calypso Post and of course the old The Gate is probably the most 'famous' ones.
I really miss TCP and the horoscopes and lag-forecast :laugh:

Are you thinking of a newspaper type or more of a magazine type?
The thing is that you wont really find that much "news" on daily basis that isnt about hofs and finds. That can be a little uniform and boring. You'll need creativity and uniqueness to make people turn to the newspaper instead of a forum for news. The forum is constantly updated with the latest that happens in-world, often with information "straight from the horses mouth" so you'd have to have a very fast up-to-speed reporting if you were to match that in a daily news type of way.

Thats why I think Magazine style works the best, it allows for more feature cases, and broader stories that is not outdated the day after it hits the forum.

I'd also advise you to drop making people pay for the advertising until you have made a few issues and have steady readers, just to get the ball rolling.

Thats just my two cents, I really hope you pull this off. Ive loved some of the magazines done by others so far, I hope you can match that.

Good luck!

Your mag could also include :

Fan Fiction submitted by readers, there could even be Ped prizes for the best ones...

Letters from Readers, again there could be a Prize winning letter each issue.

And you must have seen MS9's wonderful and regular "Who's Who" feature, so there'd be room for something similar...

As for a name... what about The Sentinel?

I may be biased, being a big fan of the armour, but it seems fitting...

"Chronicle" would work, for that matter...

events listing

top this and that in various things

society stories new ones featured all the time

" asking 5 on the street " maybe =)

Hey guys!
Great ideas... I love this idea!!! I'm gonna have to put it in
lag-forecast
Are you thinking of a newspaper type or more of a magazine type?
The thing is that you wont really find that much "news" on daily basis that isnt about hofs and finds. That can be a little uniform and boring. You'll need creativity and uniqueness to make people turn to the newspaper instead of a forum for news. The forum is constantly updated with the latest that happens in-world, often with information "straight from the horses mouth" so you'd have to have a very fast up-to-speed reporting if you were to match that in a daily news type of way.

Thats why I think Magazine style works the best, it allows for more feature cases, and broader stories that is not outdated the day after it hits the forum.

I'd also advise you to drop making people pay for the advertising until you have made a few issues and have steady readers, just to get the ball rolling.
Also, the whole idea is that is becomes YOUR newspaper/newsletter/magazine, something that you WANT to read. If you want a magazine style thing, I'll make it... So keep those suggestions coming!

And +Rep for Droops for finding that thread... Very helpful...

Back