EUScreen auto screenshot Beta not tracker.

xentric

Prowler
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Nysser xentric Hithsage
I wrote a program in the Java language to auto capture screenshots of hofs and globals.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

As this is written in Java you will need to have the jre(java runtime enviroment) on your computer. Many people will have this installed anyway.

For the non computer savvy I have wrapped it in a windows executable that will prompt you to install the jre or update it if you have an older version when you click on euscreen.exe.

As this uses the chat.log file it will most likely notrun alongside of the tracker utilities.

EUScreen itself will not change your registry or attempt to communicate with the internet.

How to run it:

1. Download euscreen.zip and unzip it to the location of your choice.
  2. Open the folder and double click euscreen.exe
  3. You will be prompted to install or update the jre
  4. Just follow the prompts. It only takes a minute.

The first time you run it:
  1. Browse to the location of chat.log and select it.
  2. Choose a folder to save screenshots in.
  3. Enter your avatar name(case sensitive)

You will only have to do this the first time you run the program.

EUScreen will save your screenies into a folder named by date and in the image format you choose named by date and time inside the folder you chose.

You will need to make sure your full avatar name (case sensitive) is entered properly.

Delay time in milliseconds is the delay from when your avatar name appears in the chat.log to when the screenshot is triggered. I found 600mS was perfect for the old autoscreen app but you will need to tweak this. 200mS is a more likely setting for this app.

Loop time is how often chat.log is read. You will only need to change this if you feel it is slowing down your computer. I noticed no performance drop when running it.

Last notes. Due to limitations with the Java language EUScreen detects clipboard activity to capture manual screenies(Printscreen key) so if you leave it running outside of EU you will find yourself taking screens of your desktop if you try to copy/paste things :laugh:

This will delete your chat.log and save it as mainChat.log. It should also save your many globals/hofs into a file called myLog.log. These will will saved in the same folder your original chat.log was in.

Please feel free to try this and leave any feedback or questions.

oop. You will need to have chat logging enabled in game for this to work.

Last edited:
Thanks, been looking forward to an Autoscreener that does exactly what it says on the tin! :) All this tracker rubbish is just excess thats not really need. I'm currently on a work trip, but hopefully will be able to test this out in weekend.

+rep btw :yay:

Great stuff, i'll give it a try this week :) +rep

Glad to see it works, xentric. How many times did you have to global to make sure it works correctly? ;)

Will download as soon as I get home from work.

This is great! I always wanted a autoscreener that only took pictures...

I dont understand why people would opt for the others which come with 'baggage'. I may as well design a auto screener that tracks how much one deposits into game :p

This is plaine, simple and to the point ;)

so has anyone tried this out yet?

Posted via Mobile Device

I wish Lootius would bless me to test it thoroughly but it does what it should when i run it on an existing chat.log. Anyway, You seem to be having better luck than me atm ;)

Glad to see it works, xentric. How many times did you have to global to make sure it works correctly? ;)

Will download as soon as I get home from work.

nice lil app i also toke a look at your competitors unfortunatly they make it their buisnes to share god knows what info but i found une funktion verry usful maybe you want to ad it to your s to?
the posibilety to let the app hit U/C,P keys before taking a screeny maybe even better make screeny with and without that info fore private and sharing?

annyway thx fore sharing your work m8

Any issues with Win7?

I'd like to try it out now that it seems fraps doesn't like Win7.

I have only tested it with xp pro but there is no reason it shouldn't work with Win7 as Java should work cross-platform.

yep looks ok so far just waiting for EU to come back so I can get the chat.log created.

I'll let you know ;)

yep looks ok so far just waiting for EU to come back so I can get the chat.log created.

I'll let you know ;)

If chat.log doesn't exist then you can create it by making a text file and saving it as "chat.log". You must include the quotes when saving and it must be in the MindArk directory for EU to update it.

When you have created it just start the app and browse to and select chat.log then browse and select a folder to save your screenies in.

You will only need to do this the first time you run it.

It sounds more complicated than it is ;)

If i run EU as admin and enable chat logging in game it should create it itself though yes?

If so I'd rather let it do it the way it wants too because if there is even the slightest chance of me buggering it up chances are I'll manage it :silly2:

If i run EU as admin and enable chat logging in game it should create it itself though yes?

If so I'd rather let it do it the way it wants too because if there is even the slightest chance of me buggering it up chances are I'll manage it :silly2:

You can download an empty chat.log here

Just save that to your MindArk folder.

You say I must include the quotes but I'm being told the file name cannot have ".

So is it ok if its just chat.log ?

cool one, tanx!

Seems this one does not have a spyware included in it, which will bring back screenshots for me. nice

Apparently the chat.log file is now in the "Documents/Entropia Universe" folder so old and new users will need to select it there for EUScreen to work.

As posted here by Bertha bot

Last edited:
i just tryed this app last night and in the beginning it worked fine...
but then i got a global and it took the screen like it should but somehow it keept taking screen so i now have the following 80ped ammo used after the global dokumented on 1658 screenshots :eek:

its almost like a movie with wery low fps if i flip em fast :laugh:

anyone had that problem ??

Thanks for the feedback and glad it caught your screenshot if a few too many of them :eek:

I think I have found the problem. I will test it this evening and hopefully upload the new version.

I think this is fixed. I had to disable the printscreen key so this will only do auto screenshots now.

On the plus side it will no longer interfere with copy/paste when app is running outside of EU.

If you already have EUScreen on your comp simply replace the old EUScreen.exe with the new version.

Gotta ask...

Gotta ask about this... Why is this thread being treated differently than:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...59333-vu-10-alternate-download-site-here.html

{Link removed for security reasons}

I have removed the link to the client software.

For security reasons, participants should only download the EntropiaUniverse client software from MindArk-approved sources.

Legion is a highly respected member of the community, but I cannot risk allowing a tampered client software to be distributed via EntropiaForum. Even with file checksums, there is a small but real risk of file tampering.

I have spoken to Marco|FPC, and he has authorized me to host a verified mirror version of the new 10.0 client software on the EntropiaForum servers.

The URL for the EntropiaForum mirror of the VU10.0 client is:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/downloa...verse_vu10.rar

Especially because of this:
https://account.entropiauniverse.com/legal/eula.xml

(i) No modification or de-compilation. The Participant may not translate, modify, copy, disassemble, de-compile, derive source code, create derivative works from or otherwise tamper with the Entropia Universe System, code, software, hardware or firmware provided therewith.

(ii) Use of the Entropia Universe Client. The Participant agrees upon not tampering, removing (except complete un-installation) or modifying the installed Entropia Universe Client Software and its associated files in any way whatsoever

Also gotta ask why Tracker is considered not against the EULA?

I know this stuff is not on the same level of security issues as an entire client program, but it does interact with the client in a roundabout way, so it seems like this sort of stuff creates a translated derivative work, a copy, and in some cases, may even modify, which is all "tampering" with the Entropia Universe System and/or software

For the non computer savvy I have wrapped it in a windows executable that will prompt you to install the jre or update it if you have an older version when you click on euscreen.exe.

Seems like making it an exe file could lead to it being redistributed with bugs, virii, or worms... and all sorts of malware if a real hacker or cracker gets there hands on it... which they probably can and will do eventually... and if it is used in that way and they track it back to you as the original programmer, you could be in some really hot water.

I think part of the reason MA moved where the chat logs are stored was so that there's less chance for hacking of accounts to take place. All this stuff like what's mentioned in this thread, and the tracker, etc. all seem like they are potential for hacking and abuse to take place, even if the original programmer's hearts are in the right place...

Last edited:
Gotta ask about this... Why is this thread being treated differently than:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...59333-vu-10-alternate-download-site-here.html

Especially because of this:
https://account.entropiauniverse.com/legal/eula.xml

Also gotta ask why Tracker is considered not against the EULA?

I know this stuff is not on the same level of security issues as an entire client program, but it does interact with the client in a roundabout way, so it seems like this sort of stuff creates a translated derivative work, a copy, and in some cases, may even modify, which is all "tampering" with the Entropia Universe System and/or software

ahh maybe because one has nothing to do with the other :scratch2:

It doesnt alter or copy anything,It reads the chat log and takes a screenshot when it sees your name.How is that hurting anything?

The only reason these programs are made is because MA havent bothered to put one of the most used type of 3rd party program in the game.
And besides all those lovely loot windows is what gets people drooling and going for it themselves.
MA would be shooting themselves in the foot if they banned this type of thing.

It doesnt alter or copy anything,It reads the chat log and takes a screenshot when it sees your name.How is that hurting anything?

It's going against the EULA...

(i) No modification or de-compilation. The Participant may not translate, modify, copy, disassemble, de-compile, derive source code, create derivative works from or otherwise tamper with the Entropia Universe System, code, software, hardware or firmware provided therewith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work

Copying part of the chat log, and taking screen prints are copying a part of Entropia Universe System, and the way this thing seems to work based on what I've read about it here indicates that it's creating a derivitive work. I really hate when people ignore stuff like the EULA, or in some cases, the law, since there is a such thing as trademarks and copyrights for a reason... It also irritates me that people just randomly upload .exe files to give out to others. Even good virus scanners don't catch 100% of all malware. People do this sort of stuff with other mmorpgs and it causes all sorts of worms and virii to go out everywhere. With Entropia Universe we are playing with real world monetary values in the items we have on our avatars, so security should be even more important with it than with other mmorpgs, but some people never will learn. I guess that's why so many credit card numbers get stolen so often.

Last edited:
All my app does is read the chat.log(similar I think to tracker except my app doesn't upload anything to anywhere) and save a screenie if you global/hof.

I am confident that my app doesn't break the eula but can't comment on others apps.

I am confident that my app doesn't break the eula but can't comment on others apps.

If you are so confident that your app does not break the EULA, please do explain how your program is not breaking the EULA by reading (i.e. translating) the chat log, and how it's not breaking the EULA by creating a dervitive work by taking a screen print based on that translating of something in the Entropia Universe System (the chat log)?

The image that the client creates on your computer is a work of art so to speak... a screen print of that is more than likely considered a "derivitive work"... Go on, please do explain.

Sorry to be so harsh in here, but the same reasons that I mention seems to be why the Tracker goes against the EULA even if no one agrees with me on that...

Guess while I'm on the issue of copyrights and stuff, I'll go ahead and vent... Is it legal to copy a cd and then redistribute the music on it if you don't have permission from the actual copyright owner of that song? Seems like some of the radio stations advertised around here may do that...

Call me a frustrated artist that just does not understand why the rest of the world does not "get it" when it comes to understanding or even trying to understand the wide world of copyrights, trademarks, and other fun stuff... stuff that we all should know a lot about since not understanding them can get us in to major lawsuits, fines, jail time, etc. sometimes under certain situations.

As far as the redistributing music thing goes, I'm probably overstepping some sort of boundries, but it's frustrating to see this sort of stuff going on sometimes... especially when true, royalty free, and public domain alternatives exist.

I guess another suboncious frustration that I have about this sort program that you wrote, even if it is completely bug free, etc. is that the very act of creating it is more than likely going to cause others to copycat you, just as you seem to be copycatting Tracker... eventually if there are enough copycats out there, it soon comes to a problem where the real virii, bugs, hacks, etc. filled malware is hard to distinguish from the clean stuff, assuming your stuff is clean... Coming from another mmorpg where that sort of stuff is all over the place before entering Calypso, I have to say STOP IT, becuse I really don't want to see the awesome community that exists here and in Entropia Universe fall apart because of idiot hackers, crackers, etc. and greed of participants that let the hackers come in and take over... causing our entire virtual universe to be under a much more real attack than any drone in game could ever do.

Last edited:
Oh please :rolleyes:

Let it go.

If you're so bothered just dont use it.Or report it to MA,I'd be interested to see what they say to you.

Go save a whale or something :rolleyes:

Surely there is something more important you could be wasting your indignation on.

The image that the client creates on your computer is a work of art so to speak... a screen print of that is more than likely considered a "derivitive work"... Go on, please do explain.

Feel free to report me to MA or FPC if you feel my app is against the eula.

Back