where is my shop gone?

I apologize for the frustration in this matter and a statement will be issued tomorrow on what is going on. I am still gathering information on the matter.

Thank you, I am aswell still awaiting a solution or atleast a response from design team about my Genesis shop that was moved.

I apologize for the frustration in this matter and a statement will be issued tomorrow on what is going on. I am still gathering information on the matter.

Sounds like the right and left hand is working on different things :)
Good to see a reply from MA on an important issue.

well at least your missing items can be attributed to the whole mall being gone..

every other day when i log in all my items have vanished again!!!

still listed in the web page items list.. but item count in the shop shows 0!!

ARGH

Thank you, I am aswell still awaiting a solution or atleast a response from design team about my Genesis shop that was moved.

And I am waiting for the same regarding 7 land areas where everything from bio-zones, minerals, dna and teleports are missing :)

And I am waiting for the same regarding 7 land areas where everything from bio-zones, minerals, dna and teleports are missing :)

Hope it all gets sorted for you estate and landowners out there. Fingers crossed.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQtKHwuD0w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Someone should tell ND to hide the egg. Before we know it some darn worms will have eaten his egg! :eek:

i think MA did open a can of worm with that joke...
guess , player will speak about "worm" foe almost evrything that disapear in game...

WTF , my amo got wormed...
damm after last VU 20.21 my armor got wormed "again"...
I guess i have a worm in my ped card...
i farm worm in my storage...

Maybe it only takes one little concrete worm to... errr... fertilize Neverdie's egg...

Ty for help me:yay:

Sounds like the right and left hand is working on different things :)
Good to see a reply from MA on an important issue.

left hand rubbing their tummy

right hand rubbing their head

while they are jumping up and down :yay:

Sheessh I type too slow, so many other responces in between =)

I see estates going up for sale on the auction, and I'm actually in a position to want a good apartment, but there's no way I feel comfortable spending to cover the markup when changes like this happen behind the curtain in the dark with little to no hope for a resolution. Now if I go buy an apartment, and MA/FPC redesigns the cities again, will I get screwed?

I wouldn't go real estate shopping for a good location either atm. They're still working on fixing the issues with estate locations from VU10.0 so there's a pretty good chance you'll end up with a different location then the one you purchased.

The responce I got from EU Support a week ago about the location change of my apartment shop in Genesis (I owned the front shop on the left and got moved to the back on the right):
"Thank you for your patience and for reminding us of your case. We have contacted one more time the design team with your observations. Indeed we are planning to have all Estates with their original features.
It does take some time to get to all of them, but indeed we will.
We apologize for the inconveniences and thank you for your patience."

With the last update they rotated the building back (2 months of waiting), but the shop locations (and I'd guess the apartments too) are still reversed, responce to that was:
2009-10-23 15:51 Entropia Universe Support:
"Thank you for the additional information. We have forwarded these details too to the design team. These and other issues with Estates will be fixed with future releases.We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

MA/FPC seems to be working on the estate fixes very slowly =( I'm sure theres still a lot of other old support cases about locations they're still working on.
I hope that future release to fix the estate locations will come soon and include a brand new shiny mall for the oxford shopowners. Unbelievable they just removed it =(

Last edited:
Hi ppl.

after last update i was log in, walking to my shop for get some items i have in my shop.

But no shop around... no more OXFORD Mall! and MA don't give any information what is happens about my shop nor my items there !:mad:

Also don't got any support information about this issue.

Yes ISSUE - They are to lazy to tell ppl what they do, so Ppl. can take the items out of the shop, before they remove it! And why they remove it, and don't give a new location to same time?

i feel my a bit angry about this, and i be :scratch2::eek::rolleyes:

It is ok if they change things like this, but a bit more communication to the owners would solve many frustration we have about MA!

I heard it had something to do with Calypsian Concrete Worms... :laugh:

and really thank you Marco

I do hope for a good answer to this too as I am totally upset about getting an amazing thing given and then taken away

-.-

yay for marco responding tho this pretty quickly
and ty for putting the genesis shops sort of back where they should be
but booooo for just making the oxford ones just disapear, locking up all your items in the process.

dumb question but did you check your resettlement box?

b

Great to hear this is being adressed :thumbup:

One thing i really dont understand though why is it so hard to communicate before people get frustrated, afterall its (only) a few k Us we are talking about in this case.

Improve this and i am sure customer satisfaction will increase rapidly ;)

I do hope for a good answer to this too as I am totally upset about getting an amazing thing given and then taken away

-.-

yeah for all you shop owners in Oxford thats a slap in the face, especially with your items still in the non existing shops atm :rolleyes:

The New Oxford Mall

In VU10.2 the New Oxford Mall was removed. Unfortunately by doing so, eight shop owners found their shops to be missing, resulting in stress and frustration. Firstly, I ask the shop owners to accept my apologies for this. The situation arose due to a failure in the flow of information between FPC and MindArk. The new MindArk Group structure has dissolved old familiar employee relationships, and challenged us to master new routines – including channels of communication. While essential for the development of the platform and the company, this time we missed the mark.

Confidence is central to the economy in Planet Calypso. Trading and engagement in the infrastructure of Calypso is important and that is why I am addressing this issue personally. My duties include keeping our real-cash economy stable and safe. Therefore I will openly address our mistake in the flowing manner.

FPC will buy back the shop deeds from the shop owners. A new shopping area will soon be introduced in New Oxford, with new shops. The old shop owners will have first option to buy a shop at the same price as the buyback amount, with shop location priority based on how long they had owned the old shop. FPC will also make the shops rent-free for the first year as added compensation.

I hope I have both provided added insight, and addressed this issue to the satisfaction of the affected shop owners.

In VU10.2 the New Oxford Mall was removed. Unfortunately by doing so, eight shop owners found their shops to be missing, resulting in stress and frustration. Firstly, I ask the shop owners to accept my apologies for this. The situation arose due to a failure in the flow of information between FPC and MindArk. The new MindArk Group structure has dissolved old familiar employee relationships, and challenged us to master new routines – including channels of communication. While essential for the development of the platform and the company, this time we missed the mark.

Confidence is central to the economy in Planet Calypso. Trading and engagement in the infrastructure of Calypso is important and that is why I am addressing this issue personally. My duties include keeping our real-cash economy stable and safe. Therefore I will openly address our mistake in the flowing manner.

FPC will buy back the shop deeds from the shop owners. A new shopping area will soon be introduced in New Oxford, with new shops. The old shop owners will have first option to buy a shop at the same price as the buyback amount, with shop location priority based on how long they had owned the old shop. FPC will also make the shops rent-free for the first year as added compensation.

I hope I have both provided added insight, and addressed this issue to the satisfaction of the affected shop owners.

That's wonderful for those shopkeepers.

Now how about addressing the ESI/Skill Extraction Bug that affected a whole lot more that 8 shopowners? I've already suggested a simple and fair solution: give ESIs for the amount the f**ked up, in spite of them being under 10 ped. (And of course, take the ped for that value).

(sorry for hijacking the thread)

lol.. can we get rent free till the worms stop eating our inventory too?

FPC will also make the shops rent-free for the first year as added compensation.

Rent?!? All this time, I thought I was paying maintanence fees on my apartments. Is it going to change from maint. fee to rent? I hope not, because rent implies that if the rent is not paid, the deeds can go goodbye... just like in the real world where things can go sour if you don't pay your rent for so many months at a time. Many on the forums here seem to think estate deeds, and the actual estates they are tied to are are items that our avatars "own", and that maint. fees are a form of upkeep, just like in the real world, you have to pay to fix things that break in your own house if you own it - which is completely seperate from the idea of rent... If your house needs new paint, it's not something that will completely cause you to lose your house if you don't get around to it next month... with a landlord, you pay forever, and never actually own the place you are staying in. The deeds seem to give the idea that estates are things avatars own, not something they temporarily are renting from someone...

Your statement that uses the term "rent" seems to imply that maint. fees and rent are one in the same... I'd really hate to see estate holders lose their estates if they don't pay their maint fee/rent every month for so many months. Please don't let that happen.

Thank you.

(edit: Also, that brings me to another point, some estates have higher maint. fees than others, and some have none at all.

I think the ones that have none at all have (booths and hangers, etc.) historically been used more often than those that had none at all - or at least the estate owner did not mind as much since there was no monthly fee regardless of whether (s)he gained any profit that month - it might be good to eventually go towards having no maint fees on any estates, and just add MA/FPC surcharges on taxes for sales that occur on the estates (at least on the ones that are shops or have shopkeepers), so FPC is making money on the taxes along with the LA owners, sort of like a Federal Tax for FPC cut of things, and local tax for the LA owner's cut of profits... but increase fees on auctions to pay a federal tax too, so that auctioneer does not gain an even more unfair advantage over shops...

That way if shop owners don't make enough any one month to break even on their maint . fees it does not hurt to pay the fee since there would not be a fee, meaning more shop will be open more often... which helps stabilize the RCE a lot more than forcing a monthly fee on some, but not all, estate owners, and letting things like the mall shops be closed because avatars simply forgot to pay the maint. fee. It's silly to leave estates that are shops closed if maint. fee is not paid, either on purpose, or on accident... it hurts the estate owner, and the LA owner since the LA owner is not getting potential taxes on the items sitting in there that are not currently sellable when the shop doors close... It hurts the RCE since items that should be sold are not being sold... It also hurts the RCE since items that could be used and hitting decay that goes back to MA/FPC is just sitting on a shelf that no one other than the owner of the shop gets to gain access to... Please remove maint. fees all together and add an FPC world tax to all trades in shops and auctions...)

Last edited:
I hope they evacuated the building before the demolition and no death arose because "misscommunication". ;)

Back