Make towns better!

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
I have some ideas to make towns in Calypso better, and I hope some of you have something to add to those ideas, or maybe completely other ideas :D

I know that FPC probably has a bunch to do right now, with implementing stuff, but this is for the future :)

Litter
Yes, might be nice with totally clean towns... but doesn't it feel more cosy with a bunch of litter on the ground? (at least like the graffiti and trash in Hadesheim pre-VU10)

Signs
Just smack up some ad-signs like the ones we have had before :) more of them I mean... like "Buy your weapons from Omegaton, we are the future", "Miss Duncan of the Feffoid help program wants YOU to donate to our fund for getting underpants distributed to the poor Feffoids across our planet!"... stuff like that, ads for ingame (or RL) stuff :D

More buildings
More buildings in towns, more apartments in towns and not just in towers, more player-owned shops in good locations (for example, imagine owning a shop set close to Twin Peaks TP?)

Road systems
Add more of a road network in towns with buildings inbetween (they dont have to do anything, you can develop those later), name the roads, etc :)

Park
If you make a town the size of Hadesheim again, make it easy to navigate, get ppl there, get player-owned estate there, etc... and then add a park! :D how much extra would ppl pay to get a park-view apartment? ;)

Other ideas?

EDIT:
Athena Spaceport
- Add underground area under TP "platform" area.
- Put hangars facing out through the cliff wall
- Add underground tunnels connecting those hangars, as well as some storage rooms, maybe the weapons trader (with a couple of weapons you cant find in tt or something?)
- Script ships landing and taking off every now and then... Shouldn't take too much memory to have this implemented, and would do ALOT for the general feel of the game...

Ithaca
4 giant landing platforms... make it so you can go via televator to the top of those, and see ships landed there! Script so you can see ships coming/going every now and then...

Unique features - Razer, True Juan
Add unique features to (some) towns, so that there is a bigger reason of having a "hometown"

Last edited:
I have some ideas to make towns in Calypso better, and I hope some of you have something to add to those ideas, or maybe completely other ideas :D

I know that FPC probably has a bunch to do right now, with implementing stuff, but this is for the future :)

Litter
Yes, might be nice with totally clean towns... but doesn't it feel more cosy with a bunch of litter on the ground? (at least like the graffiti and trash in Hadesheim pre-VU10)

Signs
Just smack up some ad-signs like the ones we have had before :) more of them I mean... like "Buy your weapons from Omegaton, we are the future", "Miss Duncan of the Feffoid help program wants YOU to donate to our fund for getting underpants distributed to the poor Feffoids across our planet!"... stuff like that, ads for ingame (or RL) stuff :D

More buildings
More buildings in towns, more apartments in towns and not just in towers, more player-owned shops in good locations (for example, imagine owning a shop set close to Twin Peaks TP?)

Road systems
Add more of a road network in towns with buildings inbetween (they dont have to do anything, you can develop those later), name the roads, etc :)

Park
If you make a town the size of Hadesheim again, make it easy to navigate, get ppl there, get player-owned estate there, etc... and then add a park! :D how much extra would ppl pay to get a park-view apartment? ;)

Other ideas?

I would really like more buildings. I think a few new buildings will make cities feel bigger. What we really need is a city with skyscrapers, roads, and just tones of nice little details would be cool.

The city with a park, few apartments, maybe a few npc hobos in the alley. The beginnings of a bit of suburban sprawl outside the city limits, city road maps posted on the wall behind the bus stops. Sounds interesting.

The city with a park, few apartments, maybe a few npc hobos in the alley. The beginnings of a bit of suburban sprawl outside the city limits, city road maps posted on the wall behind the bus stops. Sounds interesting.

Yeah and maybe if it is made big enough, some trains that goes back and forth that you can ride for 10PEC a ride? :D lol

Maybe some grafitti @ walls, trashcans, etc... just the general feel of a real city :)

(also, added another suggestion to first post)

Yeah and maybe if it is made big enough, some trains that goes back and forth that you can ride for 10PEC a ride? :D lol

Maybe some grafitti @ walls, trashcans, etc... just the general feel of a real city :)

(also, added another suggestion to first post)

Like a monorail doing circuits of the city lol

Like a monorail doing circuits of the city lol

well yeah, something like that... just to make it seem more "real" or so :D I mean, a city is NEVER as clean as most of our ingame towns are :silly2:

Minopolis - once the beauty of Calypso, today a douzen baracks in a row.

I would love an underground city with mall, estates, gallery, etc. w/o pvp under a contamined zone :laugh:

yes I would love to have a more lively feel to our cities, parks, trees, benches, fountains, street lamps, street names (love that idea NH) for the 'nice' cities and burning trashcans, broken down vehicles, junk all around, broken down buildings for the 'not so nice' cities. What I'm trying to say I think is give all the cities a different 'feel'.

Made this threat a while back and I still think MA should do this if they are not creative enough to come up with some unique urban planning of their own.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/163178-contest-idea-design-building.html#post2054584

Yeah towns do suck... Id like to have towns with different features... something that would make each town unique... (it doesnt have to be all towns, but at least 6-7 with some cool feature, a nice cool bar, a nice park where we could hang out, Id bring back the skills centers... etc... just to make it interesting)...

maybe a few npc hobos in the alley
Why NPC? Make hobos a mob! Make the back alleys a little unsafe. Not sure if they would have any decent loot though..

nice ideas ppl..

I loved the old shops where you could buy the Punisher mk1, and the ep-13 and ep16. Maybe this could be reintroduced in a city that is hard to reach (spiders everywhere, big trox etc) and has no tp...

I loved the old shops where you could buy the Punisher mk1, and the ep-13 and ep16. Maybe this could be reintroduced in a city that is hard to reach (spiders everywhere, big trox etc) and has no tp...

like a smuggler town, where illegal weapons trading is going on? ;) heh

More buildings

After what MA did to Hadesheim, you expect them to add more buildings ? :laugh:

I'd becareful giving MA suggestion how to make cities better. Last time we did that was about Hades and the result was the complete destruction of 4 tps and the beautiful capital of our planet :laugh:

After what MA did to Hadesheim, you expect them to add more buildings ? :laugh:

I'd becareful giving MA suggestion how to make cities better. Last time we did that was about Hades and the result was the complete destruction of 4 tps and the beautiful capital of our planet :laugh:

beutiful but empty :)

I belive that FPC will keep working with improving cities... remember, according to storyline this is 5 years after the titan smacked into Hadesheim... colonial government might feel it is time to start rebuilding again soon? :silly2:

like a smuggler town, where illegal weapons trading is going on? ;) heh
Like this one, but need to make it so it's not so easily accessed by using low lvl tp chips either, and ofc not showing on the map (if it's supposed to be some sort of illegal or not pure legal activity there we don't want the authorities to find out...)

And sure add more signs too but for ingame products as the screens we already have is enough for RL ads I think, hate to see coca-cola or McDonalds ads everywhere I look

and as suggested in the hadesheim thread here on the forum, add office buildings for the societies to use as HQ or recruiting office, and make it so you can leave objects in it like in apartments for everyone in the soc but still it's only them who can pick it up again, or maybe the society leader if they give him/her the permission to do so...

Like this one, but need to make it so it's not so easily accessed by using low lvl tp chips either, and ofc not showing on the map (if it's supposed to be some sort of illegal or not pure legal activity there we don't want the authorities to find out...)

how about if you try to teleport too close to it it will only say
"WARNING: Teleporting is jammed in this area!"

if you still try to teleport you will revive with the message
"Your teleporting was jammed and your particles shattered across the area."

:D

Back