FYI: Regarding the Tier System

Status

Rayne Jade

Marauder
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Rayne Jade Blackmoore
Please post general information regarding the Tier System in the "Items" section. If you have specific information, please post it in the correct Items Section (ie: Armor, Tools, etc). It seems most appropriate since only items can be upgraded. Make an effort to check the threads already created. At the moment, threads about the Tier System are multiplying like rabbits. For the sake of time it will soon become easier to just delete redundant threads rather than post a reference to an already existing thread and locking. We don't like to do that, but it is almost viral at this point.

Regarding the content of threads and posts...

Many of you are upset about how it works. Got it... punch a pillow or do primal scream therapy prior to posting. Profanity and insults are not the way to go about it. Constructive posts with evidence are needed. The protest with an adult voice will likely be listened to more than acting like a screaming kid that lost a lolipop.

Showing MA|FPC what the result of this major change is might make a difference. So let's make an effort to constructively document the Tier System. This will serve as a reference to the community members that may be considering upgrades and will also provide documentation to MA|FPC about how this new system is seen through our eyes. Simply saying "It sucks" is not the way. Saying "It sucks because <insert accurate info here>" gives us a better chance of correcting it.

Best of luck to all :thumbup:

Last edited:
It sucks because it is a major update to the item system and FPC is providing next to zero documentation.

Entropia is a real cash economy. How many times have we heard this? So know we have to waste real cash to learn how the system works?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it’s best to let the conversations and threads run their course.

This affects the ENTIRE game

Planet Calypso VU10.6 = Developers try kill their own made virtual universe by making customers mad and trolling em.

For the sake of time it will soon become easier to just delete redundant threads rather than post a reference to an already existing thread and locking. We don't like to do that, but it is almost viral at this point.

As this is such a major change (I dont recall any as major as this - dwarfs the amp change for example) couldnt threads be merged rather than deleted?

Sure there is plenty of heat, but there's a fair amount of light (suggestions) being generated too. :)

One of the few times we 100% agree... trying to shut down these conversations, as *ahem* Animated as they may be, will cause further strife and create a whole 'nother target than MA right now. Let them run their course, moderate the incredibly harsh language - but let people vent and hash this crap out so that MA doesn't get a filtered form of this.
They really need to see how badly they just fucked up. Any other nerf or 'modification' that has been done (amp nerf, armor/clothing decay, multiple skill nerfs) PALE in comparison to this, and may very well be the straw that broke the camels back with a LOT of players.

In fact this is the first time I really don't udnerstand what MA wanted to acchieve with this. This is why I think a LOT people are on rage and if discussions are shut down, people will only get even more mad.

Currently most ppl say: well, was a nice idea, but I won't do anything on it for unlimited items. Now each (L) item is different and this makes the market more interesting.

But the outcome is that people who had to wait years before they could buy items now feel f*ed because they have an item with low increase factor plus they don't want to take the risk to update.

It's not a question is it would make sense to upgrade, people just feel robbed because they simply can't, even if it turned out, it wouldn't be senseful.

I don't understand what MA was thinking when "attacking" the depositting playerbase, so I wait what current update changes.

I, for once, am more interested in the following issue .
Is MA able to guarantee that each and every unlocking process has its chance of success computed independently from a statistical series of tries ?
I'm not talking of the same item. Assuming that I want to unlock 2 pieces of armor on the same login or consequent tries, a second item tier unlock is bound to have a different cos series assigned or is it following the series generated for the previous process ?

Sometimes I feel we are on a testing server with real cash economy ....

lets see the cow-milk players reactions....

I read to this and just pressed quote.

Rayne you know how I hate whiners and moaning, I think everyone do by now, but the tier system i affecting every player and every part of the game and don't you dare to put an iron lid over it to gloss it.

with FPC and MA saying as little about it as they do, absolutly merly nothing.. let it run its course. let them realise a few things, as this doesen't affect a few people, but the Entire Game.

Selling a thing. I'm not sure what it is or what the he'll it's for. But I know I'm gonna sell it. It's yours for $500.

That is more or less how this tier shit works. Who the he'll wants to waste peds trying to figure out how this works? Any other company would st least try to explain what they are trying to sell to the customer if they expect to sell any. Ffs it's basic marketing.

I hear what your saying but "NO MOD INTERFERENCE" on this one please!

The tier system sucks because we don't know how it works and as we see it we stand to lose some top gear that just don't drop anymore.

Players stand to lose a lot with this system and I for one will make it as verbal as it needs to be to get MA/FPC attention. Let the players speak their minds it is why we come to this forum their are others.

PLANET CALYPSO VERSION UPDATE 10.6.1
2009-12-18

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Fixed Issues

• Adjusted amount of ammunition in loot to reflect the value change of ammunition
  • Fixed issue with the listing of items under the Won tab in Auction
  • Client Loader now has file validation tool, under the File menu at the top
  • Windows 7 is now supported

Originally Posted Here

When MA puts crap like this up and their is NO visible change to the ammo droping we deserve and have a right to voice opinion!!!

Good God!

Good Lord. I just read more about the tier system. The fact that it actually requires a second item that you are trying to upgrade as an "ingredient", which can be lost with if you fail, it is a completely idiotic system that needs to be changed, in my opinion... Why in the heck would anyone want to ever upgrade anything other than cheap. low level TT weapons because of this... For L, the auto unlock makes sense, but for stuff like unlimited Sib Weapons that are already massively expensive since they are so rare, this makes no sense at all. They should adjust the system so that unlimited Sib weapons get the auto unlock of the tiers too... and leave the old school stuff that has no sib as the stuff that can go bye bye since there will be a high fail rate as it's thrown in with the other ingredients... Unlimited SIB weapons should act the same as their L equivalents in my opinion so that the game is more fairly balanced and makes those rare unlimted Sib weapons keep their value a little while... Since they are so rare as is, finding a second one to use as an ingredient could be extremely difficult, in not impossible.... especially if the system is set up so that you need a tier zero duplicate item to upgrade your tier zero item, a tier one dupe to upgrade a tier one weapons, etc.

The protest with an adult voice will likely be listened to more than acting like a screaming kid that lost a lolipop.

but it is so fun to see who is whining and why, especially now that the whining is like completely 180 from previous whining.

But seriously - EVERYONE - Rayne is right, the only way to effectively deal with this is to apply all of the investigative, research, testing and documentation powers that are constantly on display here and at pedia and many other places, get it all figured out, 100%, to the best of our collective ability. At a minimum, and if it turns out that all of the current beliefs are true, this information can be used to best exploit the system & learn the new laws of eco.

MA tried to put a new system :

How to help low-mid lvl players to improve/upgrade their stuff and how it can be difficult for uber items ?

The improve thing is a nice point of this VU ! the UL items are not worthless, you can improve an as97 or a maddox...

the fact is you have 5% to lost the receipe weapon?

Here the problem : How you can make a fair improvement system, easy for noob tools and hard for uber stuff ?

YOU CANT DO IT LIKE THAT !

why a weapon dont improve by killing some monster ? Opallo improve to T1 after killed 1000 hp, a doa foeriper after 5M hp ?

this is not a fair way for everyone to improve stuff ? without taking lot of risk ? improving the economy too ?

People are afraid by the UNKNOWN!

we are all afraid by this VU, maybe its just need some improvement ?

I wish, cause else, MA will crash this game...

but it is so fun to see who is whining and why, especially now that the whining is like completely 180 from previous whining.

But seriously - EVERYONE - Rayne is right, the only way to effectively deal with this is to apply all of the investigative, research, testing and documentation powers that are constantly on display here and at pedia and many other places, get it all figured out, 100%, to the best of our collective ability. At a minimum, and if it turns out that all of the current beliefs are true, this information can be used to best exploit the system & learn the new laws of eco.

Well said. Who wants to hang the bell at MA's neck? :scratch2:

To be expected

Whenever there is this big a change, EF does a big huge collective freak.
1) The sky is falling - for real this time
2) Everything MA does sucks - am I right?
3) No, everything MA does is totally stupid - am I right?
4) Another give-away/stab-in-the-back to every single uber/middie/noob.
5) This is gonna do it - I promise I'll really quit this time
6) We doomed, doomed I say! - everybody freak​

Meanwhile, back on Calypso, we have:

Something new (which "we" are always ripping them for not doing)

Something that has to be figured out, understood, and incorporated into our world - what are the opportunities? what are the costs? what are the benefits? what are the risks?

Something that stands to restore the balance between L and UL items for low level players, and to provide new paths for new colonists that will arrive next year and beyond.

Something that expands the range of options and possibilities.

Something that smells like change. :eek:.​

So, give them at least a day to two to sort it out. Give us time to figure it out. Remember, this is a big change whose implications will be felt for years to come - don't expect to "Get it" in a day.

:beerchug:

Miles

Getting back to the OP statement. I have an S30 at tier 1, does anyone know if I have to put something in that Tier one slot. If you mouse over the slot it say drag the enhancer to this slot. Some say it is automatic and don't have to others say yes. Of course I can not find the item that is says to drag over there so it really doesn't matter I guess:scratch2:.
Peace.

Getting back to the OP statement. I have an S30 at tier 1, does anyone know if I have to put something in that Tier one slot. If you mouse over the slot it say drag the enhancer to this slot. Some say it is automatic and don't have to others say yes. Of course I can not find the item that is says to drag over there so it really doesn't matter I guess:scratch2:.
Peace.

try it out

I have an S30 at tier 1, does anyone know if I have to put something in that Tier one slot. If you mouse over the slot it say drag the enhancer to this slot. Some say it is automatic and don't have to others say yes.

You have an S30(L), those slots are unlocked automaticly. unlimited items do not get slots unlocked automaticly, and unlocking them requires another item, and lots of resources.
The enhancers are stackables, used as a 'fuel' to add effects to an item and can decay randomly when the item is used, although it doesn't say if they decay all at once, or just one at a time.

The big problem with the system is that it requires an additional item which can be lost, this should be removed, and that they claim that the resources are currently dropping as oil for a few days.
Obviously, this is not the case, so that is the 2nd minor problem. Especially considering how much stuff is needed in the future, since the enhancers themselfs are still needed becasue they disappear, and must be crafted as well.
So untill things are as easy to craft as other components, I'd say stay away.

Give the tier system some time, it might work out fine. BUT please change back the ammo!! It confuses me alot

You have an S30(L), those slots are unlocked automaticly. unlimited items do not get slots unlocked automaticly, and unlocking them requires another item, and lots of resources.
The enhancers are stackables, used as a 'fuel' to add effects to an item and can decay randomly when the item is used, although it doesn't say if they decay all at once, or just one at a time.

The big problem with the system is that it requires an additional item which can be lost, this should be removed, and that they claim that the resources are currently dropping as oil for a few days.
Obviously, this is not the case, so that is the 2nd minor problem. Especially considering how much stuff is needed in the future, since the enhancers themselfs are still needed becasue they disappear, and must be crafted as well.
So untill things are as easy to craft as other components, I'd say stay away.
My question is still "Is there something that needs to be inserted"? I know they are unlocked auotmaticly on L items that is obvious because my first slot has a numeral I and the others still have the lock on them. So again, in order to take advange of the tier enhancement do I did to insert something and if so what?
Peace.

So again, in order to take advange of the tier enhancement do I did to insert something and if so what?

You put craftable stackables tier enhancements as 'fuel' in the slots, to enhance the statistics of the weapon. For example range, damage on a weapon, or ores extracted per click on extractors and so on. These are crafted using the new BPs in the technician, and also there is a BP-book. Also, these enhancements are already in auction, so you can check there as well (don't remember category).
When you then use the item, the enhancement is used automaticly, but also can break and disappear, that is why they are stackable etc.

You put craftable stackables tier enhancements as 'fuel' in the slots, to enhance the statistics of the weapon. For example range, damage on a weapon, or ores extracted per click on extractors and so on. These are crafted using the new BPs in the technician, and also there is a BP-book. Also, these enhancements are already in auction, so you can check there as well (don't remember category).
When you then use the item, the enhancement is used automaticly, but also can break and disappear, that is why they are stackable etc.

I think I have it now and hopefully someone can tell me if I am right. What you are discribing is for UL weapons. There is a catagory in the auction that says enhancers (check them out) and I think those are the ones that go on the L weapons without having to do any crafting. I hope someone has done one so we can know for sure.
Peace.

I think I have it now and hopefully someone can tell me if I am right.

Not yet :) To make it simpler, items have locked sockets. When you use the item, the tier goes up, and sockets get available with each tier. So, tier 1.0 unlocks socket 1, tier 2.0 unlocks socket 2, and so on.

When a socket is unlocked, it can be used to insert enhancers specifically for that socket. Enhancers are crafted.

The difference between limited and unlimited items, is that a limited item automaticly goes from 0.9 to 1.0, and 1.9 to 2.0 and so on (and so automaticly unlocks the socket), and the unlimited item needs to be increased from 0.9 to 1.0 and so on manually, by inserting another of the same item and a lot of resources (which are also crafted, or mined, or looted).

a full documentation released by FPC would be appreciated by all the players.

............ dream on

Not yet :) To make it simpler, items have locked sockets. When you use the item, the tier goes up, and sockets get available with each tier. So, tier 1.0 unlocks socket 1, tier 2.0 unlocks socket 2, and so on.

When a socket is unlocked, it can be used to insert enhancers specifically for that socket. Enhancers are crafted.

The difference between limited and unlimited items, is that a limited item automaticly goes from 0.9 to 1.0, and 1.9 to 2.0 and so on (and so automaticly unlocks the socket), and the unlimited item needs to be increased from 0.9 to 1.0 and so on manually, by inserting another of the same item and a lot of resources (which are also crafted, or mined, or looted).

ahh so thats why someones buying up all madd IV's, they are relatively cheap and eco for the dmg they do, and if you lose a dozen or so in the process of upgrading tiers, small price to pay for increasing its dmg 50%(estimation given tier 1 damage increase is 5%) madd IV tier 10 maybe :) = 71x 97(44+50%+dante) =115dmg second ......

Did you check out the enhancers I told you about on the auction? I think you are wrong, I don't think L item enhancers have to be crafted only the UL item enhancers. I would buy one for the S30 just to try it out but I am not going to give 100 Ped to enhance a 3 ped gun:).
Anyone that has enhanced an L anything, ring in here and tell us about it, Please.
Peace.

I believe you may have misunderstood Rayne's comment.

We're not trying (nor wanting) to shut down discussion about the new tier system.

What he's saying is that we're seeing a huge amount of redundant threads, all saying the exact same thing.

In order to keep us from having to merge threads and/or close redundant ones, please try to find a thread already discussing your issue/question, and read/respond as needed.

And yeah, facts/questions > cussing.

Thank you.

Status
Back