So, Starman sold all Tailoring skills. Does Entropia have any tailors left???

Kimmi

Slayer
Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
Ive been looking in auction and atm is flooded with Tailoring skills.

So I guess entropia lost its most skilled tailor. :(

But who will now take over, Im guessing there wont be one guy buying up all his skills.

Does this meen, high end tailoring in Entropia is basicly dead?

How many years will it take for someone to get up to Starmans level?

etopia....? bozo or what ever his name is... in warants

Plenty of tailors around still.

Will be good to see a change in the monopoly of clothing.

didnt etopia sell his skills like years ago???

no? :eek:

Edit: asked ingame

[Killer Bee ] hi, quick question. did you sell al your tailoring skills?
[ETOPIA ] hello
[ETOPIA ] nop

no? :eek:

Edit: asked ingame

[Killer Bee ] hi, quick question. did you sell al your tailoring skills?
[ETOPIA ] hello
[ETOPIA ] nop

ahh oki, well that is good news, I dont know what lvl he is, but I knew starmans level, and I dont think etopia is gonna chip up there, anytime soon :D

Etopia, he had his skills and all or most Bp for sale here in the forum if i dont remember wrong he wanted 400 k for all.

Starman he had once lot off hes skills at the auction.

ahh oki, well that is good news, I dont know what lvl he is, but I knew starmans level, and I dont think etopia is gonna chip up there, anytime soon :D

from what i know , starman was ahead me of some lvl , like 5 or 6 dont remember , but well you right i will not chip them up neither skill them up because it would cost me hundred of thousand ped or so...

As if i am the best , well i have no clue , but i guess i am best as active tailor...maybe there is still some hunter around who have big skill in tailoring because they burn their material since years...

As for BP , i guess some people will try to buy starman BP but they will need the lvl to use them too.

I love clothes so mutch but the freaking TT makes it so damm axpensive :rolleyes:

ontopic: still enough tailors ingame ;)

I though Mike perry was pretty skilled to.

I though Mike perry was pretty skilled to.

Well, 2-3 years ago I heard he was just selling stuff that Starman made. At the time, I don't recall him ever globaling on tailoring stuff (which he was selling), so it made sense. However, later he started globaling/hof'ing and maybe he bought some bps, I don't really know at this point.

I dunno if hooters sold her skilss... But she was pretty good.

It does seem as if the tailoring profession is dead. Then again, I doubt there's not a single soul who did not see that coming after clothes were rendered virtually worthless by the implementation of decay influencing their looks.

They were luxury items even before that, due to their only purpose being cosmetic, but the change made turned them into pretty much useless except for the occassional once per year fashion show.

I did make many post,thread and even make suport case at VU 9.0 and after to explain those change will kill tailoring profession.well , change was even helped with the curent bad economic situation , so tailoring as luxury did suffer twice...I guess sadly , once again i was right and MA was wrong...

Hooter sold her skill and bp long ago , to someone that did sell skill and BP some time after too.

I am not sure if there is an other serious tailor around beside me... but i guess some will come up.
Starman did put bp and skil for a very low price in auction...

It does seem as if the tailoring profession is dead. Then again, I doubt there's not a single soul who did not see that coming after clothes were rendered virtually worthless by the implementation of decay influencing their looks.

They were luxury items even before that, due to their only purpose being cosmetic, but the change made turned them into pretty much useless except for the occassional once per year fashion show.

Yes, aboslutely agree. Even since putting on Foot guards does remove your shoes I am bare foot if unarmored and still wearing the same unrepaired clothes I had on when the Decay was introduced, it may smells fishy around my Avatar but you allways can blame MA for that or the Argonaut next to me :laugh:

Maybe that Kimmi guy :rolleyes:

At least we know he's willing to eat chips to get his skills up there. :D

As to the decay killing off tailoring, I agree. Why would anybody want to tie up thousands of ped in multiple sets of cloths? I browse the ah and look at all the different fashions but except for here and there there's no way I can afford to keep some of those styles at 100% condition, let alone pay for them there with the crazy MU on top of the crazy TT.

MA really should think about reversing this to help give tailors a reason to cycle more ped and people like me more incentive to actually have a chest full of fashion. It's pretty obvious why they introduced it in the first place though, 2 words, CASH FLOW. Why use their own money to upgrade to CRy2 when they can just sit on ours? They don't have to pay any interest on, genius! :scratch2:

Why use their own money to upgrade to CRy2 when they can just sit on ours? They don't have to pay any interest on, genius! :scratch2:

yea, MA doing genius things lately no doubt.

(just the players dont understand it sometimes)

Yeah, i sold mine awhile back under this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/selling/109914-tailoring-bps-including-2-unique-bps-tailoring-skills-coloring-skills.html

I didn't foresee any decent future in tailoring. I mean, you loot a good BP, tailor some clothes, then a little while after, the clothes is worth next to nothing. It costs 1000s and 1000s of PEDs to skill, but in the end, it is very hard to make a small profit.

I was lucky as i had some unique BPs, but as you tailor the clothes, you quickly notice the price drop once they hit the auction.

I was glad i had sold the BPs and skills before the decay on clothes came along. That was a really hard and negative hit to the tailoring profession.

Then, even more difficult was the textures; An added cost to the tailoring process.

I'm fairly sure the current tailors must have had a huge impact on their profits when decay was introduced. It's a real shame. Plus, MA has much bigger things to worry about these days, so i don't think we'll be seeing anything new to help tailors in the next 2-3 years...

Therefore, i'm not surprised to see Starman sell his skills and whomever buys them should know what their getting themselves into.

crazy TT.

Crazy TT and the requirement for clothes to be at full TT = handy mechanism to tie up up $ that will never get withdrawn out of the system = profit for MA = = game continues another section :)

Its not only the crazy TT the problem..
There also the decay , the fact that clothe are remouved when you put armor , the cost of painting and texturising that did go up a lot ,all the MA gift are clothe ( beret , shade,mittens,wof jacket), not much good L bp drop,lack of player and irl crisis...

Problem is in past , for 500 to 1000 ped , people had a full set , and i was making good profit ( so skill up ...)
Now , with same money people dont have a full set , and i dont make much profit ( so i dont buy material)...

In the end , i am not the only loser...all hunter are , since there is not much tailor that can profit they dont buy much material , so hunter TT their stuff and lose the MU they could make on item...

Yeah, it's really sad that MA effectively killed the profession and along it all the fashion industry ingame. Combination of vu9.0 changes and coloring/texturing being freaking expensive, even if buying materials at tt means that people just don't bother.

And really, why would i pay 300-500peds for a nice looking jeans or other pants, when i can get a pair of real ones at that price...

The only solution is to make clothes cheap, very cheap so that people wouldn't be taken aback by prices.

A profession which is not viable should have that hapenning. I am surprised though MA didn't thought this more cautiously.

Dunno, they really expected players to keep in clothes ~100$ each, in proportion of masses?

Slightly off topic, what happened to Sarah (the colorer)?

I stopped skilling tailoring entirely after reaching fashion design. Its hard to get a good return when crafting and its very hard (expensive/requires alot of skills) to sell/paint/texturize.
The only (useless) tailoring skills Im getting now is from crafting textures with TT materials.

Its a shame that MA made this happen...

Dunno, they really expected players to keep in clothes ~100$ each, in proportion of masses?

Many player was paying that kind of amount for their full set.
But the ped where in total direfent place.
In past , most of ped was in MU , so recycled in the system.
Now , Ped are in TT of evrything , so , no reclycled in the system.
In past people was selling material for a MU , now they can not , that make a big diference for hunter.and hunter is most of player so , most of customer...

Plus the big increase of cost of a clothe since to have it nice , you still to pat some MU , but also the TT , and tailored clothe have most of time big TT.

finally , people dont like to re equit their clothe after every hunt...and they dont like to pay a decay on clothe evry time they aquip it...

Slightly off topic, what happened to Sarah (the colorer)?

seems she is in pause...

Back