Server Downtime for Release

Can you fix the client loader so it properly reflects when the servers are down?

It says All systems are online and only when you try to log in you get the servers are down message.

TY pepto, i have used this link before and it has been very helpful :)

Hopefully the post is updated with the 10.9 files quickly...im one of the unlucky aussies that have to wait for the data to trickle down the pipe....or i just have a crappy internet connection

South Africa here, I know how you feel. Even a good connection trickles down the pipe :(

Then we can start looting deodorant and they will build shower blocks :eek:

Selling peephole locations @ boxes

New missions! :yay:

Mentoring???
Mindforce???
Taming???

I hope they fix my Bercyled Statue - Its sitting half under the floor in my apartment - been like that ever since vu10.

ahhh now we know what the crafted showers are used for, even though i dont need them, i regularly swim in my armor 5-20m, across the river here, across a lake there, thats enough to squeeze the "oil" to the surface... warg

am i alone in desperately hoping for a search and filter functionality on the auction house. Is it intentionally designed that way so i have to see every single item as a means of saving money? im not really sure spending 2 hours to spend 20 PED is saving, just delaying the inevitable. i was horribly unprepared my first trip to the auction house when i realized i didnt know what categories to look in to find specific things. just a thought

Yea I agree, would be nice to have a function to filter out lets say (L) stuff, when what I'm looking for is UL, or the other way around.

Vehicles !, they tested it and now we have update which adds them to lootpool :)

Hi,

maybe I might offer my thinking about this, again:

1. I really hate it to get knowledge of a many-hour game interruption just minutes before it starts! Isn't it planned for days in advance, isn't it known for long? Is it this much of a problem to even announce it at least a day before (or better 2 days or more?)?
    Are all of this other game company's that are doing it this way doing something wrong?
  2. Would it really be this hard to announce the contents of a VU let's say 2 days in advance? So that the participants would be able to adjust their activities?
    Are all of this other game company's that are doing it this way doing something wrong?
  3. Wouldn't it really be possible to acknowledge the participants of your game as the ones that feed you? Not just as annoying inconveniences?

Well, no idea. Thus my questions. Lets concentrate on this:
"Are all of this other game company's that are doing it this way doing something wrong?"

Well, any other obscure browser game these days easily tops EU in the number of active participants, and any other half-ways decent "free-to play, much-to-pay" scheme game easily tops EU in the number of $$$ received.

Maybe it would be necessary to actually see your participants as the ones that are feeding you, as the ones that keep this scheme alive, as the ones that would deserve at least a minimum of respect from you, MA/ FPC?

I acknowledge that a lot has improved during the last months, but there's a lot left to do, IMHO.

Announcing VU's in time, and giving full details in time, is one thing of it.

Have fun!

ahhh now we know what the crafted showers are used for, even though i dont need them, i regularly swim in my armor 5-20m, across the river here, across a lake there, thats enough to squeeze the "oil" to the surface... warg

Hehe - my OJs are made out of the same material as Japanese astronauts underpants so they don't get dirty or smelly ;)

Not sure why everyone keeps moving upwind of me tho .... :ahh:

any1 can log in yet? :)

Not yet, the launcher won't even start patching yet. Patience please. ;)

woot downloading....

Servers down?

Must be time to play that other free MMO called RL

bah i tried RL, the premise was good but they did it all wrong, spawn points are all but non-existent, someones killed all the creatures, all the good spots for mining an crafting are completely camped out, and the economy makes mindark look generous and giving. I know a guy who was a level 73 retired factory worker with a list of skill bonuses that would make ubers cream their shorts an beg mercy at the same time and RL completely screwed him. his armor class completely changed and he was left with soft armor after years of rockin the hard stuff. most of his loot had simply decayed to the point where it wasnt even tt-able which was fine because his software was so full of memory leaks he couldn't remember what half of it was for or even that it was his. despite years of skilling professions such as walker, talker and chewer of gum he suddenly found himself completely nerfed by the good people at RL to the point where he could no longer do any of those things proficiently one at a time let alone all together as he was accustomed to doing. he would tell stories about how back when he was a noob the tax rates on hunting and mining even on owned land was perfectly reasonable and one could typically expect to profit from nearly any venture. Slowly the taxes and decay forced him out of the lil shack he had by his favorite hunting spot, which he told me mattered not since he could no longer afford the license required to aquire new weapons to hunt with, ammo became unaffordable and it seemed RL had nerfed his visual skills as well taking them from acute to nearly useless. All in all he was a lifetime player of RL an his review left me wishing for WOW

Not yet, the launcher won't even start patching yet. Patience please. ;)

Download seems to work good this time, around 250mb update I'd say.

Yep. D/L smooth at 2 MB/s.
Edit: and patching went fine, back in-game.

Last edited:
bah i tried RL, the premise was good but they did it all wrong, spawn points are all but non-existent, someones killed all the creatures, all the good spots for mining an crafting are completely camped out, and the economy makes mindark look generous and giving. I know a guy who was a level 73 retired factory worker with a list of skill bonuses that would make ubers cream their shorts an beg mercy at the same time and RL completely screwed him. his armor class completely changed and he was left with soft armor after years of rockin the hard stuff. most of his loot had simply decayed to the point where it wasnt even tt-able which was fine because his software was so full of memory leaks he couldn't remember what half of it was for or even that it was his. despite years of skilling professions such as walker, talker and chewer of gum he suddenly found himself completely nerfed by the good people at RL to the point where he could no longer do any of those things proficiently one at a time let alone all together as he was accustomed to doing. he would tell stories about how back when he was a noob the tax rates on hunting and mining even on owned land was perfectly reasonable and one could typically expect to profit from nearly any venture. Slowly the taxes and decay forced him out of the lil shack he had by his favorite hunting spot, which he told me mattered not since he could no longer afford the license required to aquire new weapons to hunt with, ammo became unaffordable and it seemed RL had nerfed his visual skills as well taking them from acute to nearly useless. All in all he was a lifetime player of RL an his review left me wishing for WOW

Yeah, it blows. I tried pk'ing only one time and they banned me for some reason. :(

Yeah, it blows. I tried pk'ing only one time and they banned me for some reason.

lmao beautiful, cant believe i missed that angle

OMG...why oh why FPC why????

Why do i see damage count pop up over my avas head like in WOW...why FPC why? :(((((( God damnit i might get used it, but this is what i dont like about other games...what next...Magic circles hehe ??

Last edited:
OMG...why oh why FPC why????

Why do i see damage count pop up over my avas head like in WOW...why FPC why? :((((((

You're kidding ??

(Please, tell me that's at least an option I can TURN OFF!)

Entropia Universe 10.9 Release Notes
17 Mar 2010

NEW FEATURE

* Implemented possibility to have action text on target, in global chat, in both places or in none of them.

IMPROVEMENTS AND FIXED ISSUES

Streaming

* Improved streaming of textures, models and animations allowing for a smoother experience. This will be most noticeable when entering areas with many avatars and buildings, or estates with many items.

Audio and Visual

* Some more plants bends at touch when, for example, running through them.
* One plant has vegetation sound when moving through it.
* Reimplemented explosion sound and minor shake of the earth at mining.
* Improved fire animation in fireplaces.

Auction

* Added the column Created on both Offers and Orders tab, presenting how long ago since each items was placed in the auction.
* Added the All tab.
* Removed the Last Calls tab, since it is now redundant; viewing last calls is now the default setting.
* Added dialog requiring confirmation when buying an item with a high cost in relation to account balance.
* Added Next and Previous buttons to enable browsing of 10 pages at a time.
* Added Markup information for entered bid and buyout.
* Added possibility to sort ascending/descending order on several columns.
* Added information to sold and won item messages.
* Fixed issue with faulty help text on Orders tab.

Ad Messages

* Fixed issues with ad screens not showing added message or not being possible to operate after being placed on a wall.
* Added function to modify and clone an Ad message.

Events

* Reimplemented the possibility to hold free events, that is, set event ticket price to 0 PED.
* When creating hunting events in PvP zones, it is only possible to have either "no ranged weapons" or "no melee weapons" selcted. Implemented check for this that automatically makes sure only one of these is selected.

GUI (Miscellaneous)

* Fixed issue with faulty tooltips for create event rules and when changing attitude towards another society.
* In the Market Value History Graph, added tooltip to show value information for that specific point in the graph.
* Added tooltip for ammo count.
* Fixed issue with no updated preview when changing item at coloring and texturing.
* Fixed issue with disappearing icons when deleting text in the search field in the Action Library.
* Fixed issues with showing pending icon (orange marker) for societies.

Miscellaneous

* Fixed issue with updating the color palette in Beauty system and when creating new avatar.
* Fixed issue concerning teleporting to Crystal Palace.
* Fixed issue with not being able to view a mannequin's or shopkeeper's sex before purchase.
* Fixed issue with changing attitude towards other societies.
* Fixed issue with changing graphic settings.
* Fixed characteristics for Standing Sign and Backlite series.
* Fixed recipe for mining finder range enhancer blueprint.

really annoying message says; "miss" everytime u miss on a mob:laugh:

and also every other dmg/heal msg

samslim any change??

oh that all.. jeez... ohwell...

Back