Jamira

Elite
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Protokoll für Supportfall 184204

2010-04-02 21:40 Du schriebst:

Hi folks!

I would like to get clarification about an issue regarding this real cash economy-thingy.

Well, I don't own items I bought ingame. I know. But did I understand it correct that I got the right to use them?

I bought some items and estates in the past and paid some money to other participants (markup or fee for services) and assumed that I can use these items.

After VU10 I am no longer able to use these items or estates. Either they became worthless, are unusable or are horrible bugged or lagged. Makeup masks, apartments, Player Content-items, some furniture. I paid for them but I cannot use them in a propper way. Since more than half a year.

You got my money. But I don't get your service.

I will attach a small list with some examples - major and minor ones.

Best regards. Jamira

Good luck on this one!

Don't forget any holiday gifts that are supposed to turn on and off like the lamps. Any and all pets. Mindforce chips. Hangars. I am sure the list goes on much further.

Don't forget any holiday gifts that are supposed to turn on and off like the lamps. Any and all pets. Mindforce chips. Hangars. I am sure the list goes on much further.

I can only speak for my own issues. But I think I should consult a lawyer soon if they don't answer in a satisfying way.

I believe the EULA says that they can make any modifications at any time, and if the function of something changes... oh well. There's not much you can do about it.

Good luck.

I think I should consult a lawyer soon if they don't answer in a satisfying way.

Good luck with that, please let us know how that turns out for you :)

The message was to short.

Last edited:
He knows we don't "own" anything, he said as much in his support case...
Well, I don't own items I bought ingame. I know. But did I understand it correct that I got the right to use them?

To be honest, I don't think there is much you can do here legally... especially about stuff like "bad textures" on the bed or "bad light" from the lamp :dunno:

He knows we don't "own" anything, he said as much in his support case...

My bad, It's been a long day. I completely missed that entire line in the OP.

Maybe they should rename your Rolf Lamp, the Rofl Lamp. :ahh:

They can't really compensate you for something that never made you any money in the first place. These things will be fixed in time. If you were thinking of selling them to cash out then yeh I feel for you, but nerfs happen & there's nothing you can do about it, be thankful it's (hopefully) only temporary. You have only ever been guaranteed tt value for your stuff.
Having said that though, I'm glad you let them know your feelings, for every complaint recieved about something, hopefully the priority for that thing might rise a little. I'm still bewildered that they release new systems like tiers & missions when the stuff we used to have doesn't work.
I miss my camo painted face, mobs see me coming a mile off now. :(

I can only speak for my own issues. But I think I should consult a lawyer soon if they don't answer in a satisfying way.

YEAH!! Sue MA becouse your shouboulumbu somethinng Lamp has bad light bulb in it!!!! Fakk YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolup:

YEAH!! Sue MA becouse your shouboulumbu somethinng Lamp has bad light bulb in it!!!! Fakk YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolup:

Nice language you use. Do you mean "Fuck you" when you type "Fakk YAH" or what? Why don't you speak clearly?

hmmm, quite an interesting approach you've taken here. I'll be most interested in seeing what becomes of your support ticket. best of luck.

In fact, this gives me an idea....

Nice language you use. Do you mean "Fuck you" when you type "Fakk YAH" or what? Why don't you speak clearly?

I guess he got a "banana" in the mouth :D

As for your item , are you sure your sign dont work ?
Mine work good , but they dont display what was on them before vu 10....

complain to BBB - Better Business Bureau
it may work

whats the problem with the signs?

Are you a poof that you call me "he"?

Lou Reed - Walk on The Wild Side said:
Holly came from Miami, F.L.a.
Hitch-hiked her way across the USA
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She says, Hey babe
Take a walk on the wild side
Hey honey
Take a walk on the wild side

Some things might not be what they appear to be :cool:

Besides: If you can't use those items it's a bug. MA/FPC can fix bugs. I don't think it's something a lawyer can help you with.

It would be more interesting if MA/FPC decide to remove those items if they are no longer part of the game. If you don't get any compensation for those, they are into trouble I think. However, if they give you their TT-value, they already fulfill the EULA, even if you still had lost a lot.

I guess he got a "banana" in the mouth :D

As for your item , are you sure your sign dont work ?
Mine work good , but they dont display what was on them before vu 10....

Ahhh ... they are all black and I didn't try to put other stuff on them yet ... I was only unhappy so far ... will try it next time. Thanks for the hint Etopia!

Ahhh ... they are all black and I didn't try to put other stuff on them yet ... I was only unhappy so far ... will try it next time. Thanks for the hint Etopia!

wait a sec, is there something that can be done on the user side that can help fix some of your complaints?

This is good news.

Could you give us an update if some things were user error? would be a good thing to lighten up some of the thread. but as far as some of the other issues that still presist, yeah bugs happen. its just some MA has to fix. but lets not ask to much from them as they are fixing things and getting new things in order.

But in my openion. a few items being busted is a small price to pay for the big picture. But as far as prices go.

Please remember As far as market goes Players make the mark-ups, MA provides the TT value.

And what i have gathered the statement over ownership of items.
I say
" MA owns the Items but the players own the Value of those items."
Pretty much that said.
"MA covers the is responsible for paying you the TT value of the item."

sorry for the abstract post. :D hope things work out

Problem is thats worth like what $750.... consulting a lawyer will cost you much more then this especially if you take action lol....

It sucks.... but I think like most things in this game unless you purchased a HUGE item worth a good sum of money maybe couple $1k going to a lawyer will be pointless as unless you win, you wont get any cash back to pay your lawyer.

Cross your fingers and hope.... it does suck.... but time will tell what happens... I feel bad for the beauticians + tamers....

Problem is thats worth like what $750.... consulting a lawyer will cost you much more then this especially if you take action lol....

It sucks.... but I think like most things in this game unless you purchased a HUGE item worth a good sum of money maybe couple $1k going to a lawyer will be pointless as unless you win, you wont get any cash back to pay your lawyer.

Cross your fingers and hope.... it does suck.... but time will tell what happens... I feel bad for the beauticians + tamers....

You have a point there.. difficult situation :/

Had any answer from support yet?

Lets summarize:
So you're going to consult with a lawyer for one bugged appartment, another one that is not bugged but decreased in markup value, several lamps with "bad light", several signs that work good but you didn't even bother to check that and some makeup masks that are not reimplemented in VU 10 yet....

Oh well, guess the MA guys are in deep trouble now :scared:
Or maybe not..

On the other hand - GL with your complaints and threats. The bugs have to be fixed. The old content has to be reimplemented. Somehow i don't think that's the proper approach to the situation tho.

For many ppl in Germany it's not so uncommon to have a legal costs insurance. So it might be not the issue. Sorry for Off-Topic just a thought

Reading the EULA its clear that it was written by an US lawyer and we all know that the US judicial system is laughable to say the least (ie microway instructions clearly states that putting live animals in them is not endorsed :D ) making it worse than catch 22.

its double, triple and even quadruple guarded against any liability suit against them.

Guess only question is how it would hold up in a European court???

Remember the Alamo!

Actually I think many arguements aginst EULA could win.... EULA is not law... nore is it 100% binding.... if I signed a paper consenting a man to kill me... or allowing someone to say Euthanise me (spelling error).... itd still be illegal....

Laws were meant to be bent argued and broken only to be re-written to get rid of loop holes.... Im not lawyer, but I bet EULA could be argued against and won... of course when your argueing over $750... good luck.... now if Buzz lost CP due to MA fixing stuff for a long period of time..... then Id say he could raise a lawsuit... same with ND and Def... and any other of the HUGE investors.

I find this really bad of MA... Great that they implemented cry engine2 but seriously we want our stuff that we have paid for to work :( :yay:

Back