Clear update information

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Would be nice if MA released update information with information on any planet partner updates. If no planet partner contained any update i.e. was solely a MA update would be nice if they said that.

For example today's update:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/vu-listings/187400-entropia-universe-11-0-6-release-notes.html

Improvements

• Improved client stability.

Additional Information

Originally Posted Here

We cannot tell if the link to FPC is generic or if indeed there is an FPC update. At the time of writing there is no update info on FPC website (on the link given) perhaps there will always be a delay...

What will happen once we have 5 planet partners? Surely it needs to be better managed than this....

Its a standard phrase that MindArk is including in their release notes.

Rest assured if there is any content release from us there would be a news-item about it. :)

Rest assured if there is any content release from us there would be a news-item about it. :)

So i can stop reloading fpc website over and over :)

Would be nice if MA said something in the release something like:

"This is solely a MA update"

or

"This update includes FPC update and Rocktropia update visit ...for more info"

Its all just a big smokescreen mate, they've just added more parts of the prot dna to the lootpool and needed some stuff to say. If they wrote: "Hey guys we added proteron bone to the loot pool" what do you think would happen when everyone logged back in?

Its all just a big smokescreen mate, they've just added more parts of the prot dna to the lootpool and needed some stuff to say. If they wrote: "Hey guys we added proteron bone to the loot pool" what do you think would happen when everyone logged back in?

MA would make even more money than they are now? :)) just a hunch ;)

Goerge is right though, i clicked the bloody link saying

SEE ALSO

Platform release notes

which takes me to planet calypso that then gives me a link to the same thing :) waste of my time.

Last edited:

Ok so there was a content release from FPC today and here it is:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/vu-listings/187404-content-release-2010-2-3-a.html

and it's from here:
http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2010/05/03/0250/index.xml

So you see it is far from clear when MA release their content release if any planet partner update has been made. As todays case clearly illustrates...

Also what if it was only a Rocktropia content release. Would that also appear on calypso website?

Smokescreen or not I would like to know what the content release reads.

With the current way to release something MA simply can't release FPC's or Rocktropia's stuff without making that their own VU. Besides that I dislike the fact that everybody has to update their EU, even the ones solely playing on the other planet.

This is stupid.

In the future we will have daily or even hourly updates because some planet partner changed or created something. Lots of downtime of EU just because something on some planet I've never been to has changed?! Let's assume Rocktropia adds another continent or finally starts something related to music. The first day this goes live, we need to download e.g. another GB of data which many don't need.

I can assure you, this will be annoying and become even more annoying with a growing number of planet partners.

My wish (and going along with the thread topic) is that MA would simply keep their name out of partner updates and modify their platform so that updates of planet partners only need to be installed when playing there or going there. E.g. you click on the TP (or enter a spaceship or whatever) and you get a confirmation window that EU will now close and download the missing updates for the destination planet. This would clear up some confusion and won't make updating a pain in the butt.

I don't think that this is hard. If it is, then IMHO somebody at MA has done a very bad job while designing this multi-planet universe.

my wish...

My wish... do updates once a week... if there's no updates, there's no downtime. If there's an update, do it at that one set time every week... Seems like Tuesday mornings (Central Standard Time) is when they do most of the updates, so why not stick with that as a set time, and always do updates then, and no other time of the week?

Tuesdays are a nice time since it's not a weekend, when most are online. It's also nice due to work issues... most people don't log in on Tuesday mornings except really dedicated folks, like myself, and probably you! ;)

Most Museums have their employees take Tuesdays as the day off... MA could do similar... just leave the guy doing the updates on overtime or whatever.

@endermigne I was also thinking about that and I think they are just trying out the system like this because it's probably more convenient for them. They did say before you would only have to install updates for a planet partner when you visit that planet. That's the only logical and sane way of doing it. Once they've finished trying out whatever they are testing I'm sure that's the model they'll move onto.

My wish... do updates once a week... if there's no updates, there's no downtime. If there's an update, do it at that one set time every week... Seems like Tuesday mornings (Central Standard Time) is when they do most of the updates, so why not stick with that as a set time, and always do updates then, and no other time of the week?

Tuesdays are a nice time since it's not a weekend, when most are online. It's also nice due to work issues... most people don't log in on Tuesday mornings except really dedicated folks, like myself, and probably you! ;)

Most Museums have their employees take Tuesdays as the day off... MA could do similar... just leave the guy doing the updates on overtime or whatever.

I disagree better at this stage to fast development as fast as possible rather than slowing it down due to waiting for Tuesdays.

Once the system is stabilized and we have a few planet partners up and running and they are also stable yes then something like Tuesday only updates would be good. Presently though MA/FPC have a lot of backlog of systems to introduce and there I see no advantage of slowing that down ...

Seems like Tuesday mornings (Central Standard Time) is when they do most of the updates, so why not stick with that as a set time, and always do updates then, and no other time of the week?
I can see the logic in that and think it would be a good idea. Would be a pain for those people who usually play at that time though.

Back