Annual report MA

Now with that out of the way, I have to assume both you and thoreau are on MA's payroll - I don't see how any customer of this establishment could seriously defend MA's and FPC's actions unless they either are on the payroll, or want to sweep the truth under the rug to "get more depositing players" in an attempt to recover their losses. As the latter would be so childishly obvious as to make it implausible, I'd have to assume employment.

It's good to see that's out in the open, but it's sad to see what kind of tactics MA stoops to, and what kind of people they employ.

ROFL, this gets better, interesting argument, well as you have proven to me what i wrote before is correct, you go for your conspiracies, as you do not seem much use for anything else

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: i do agree with one point of yours though, my grammer sucks

EDIT2: just one word of advice, assumptions are devils nuggets, they look and taste bad, and you seem to have gorged a whole cake load!

Last edited:
"MindArk expects to Next Island will be established in the summer and Creative Kingdoms plane in the fall."

With the statement taken from this report it looks like Next Island in July and CKI in October if they start them when the new quarter starts.

They also expected CE2 conversion to take a lot less time to do.

I wonder how this would have looked without Buzz buying CP.

Flyster, were you having PMS or were you just drunk?

Knowing Ace a bit, i'm pretty sure it's the alcohol.

But then again you know they say about drunk people and always telling the truth.... :)

All of your FPC are belong to me! :D

I have to assume both you and thoreau are on MA's payroll - I don't see how any customer of this establishment could seriously defend MA's and FPC's actions unless they either are on the payroll, or want to sweep the truth under the rug to "get more depositing players" in an attempt to recover their losses.

I also get accused of being on MAs/FPCs payroll, when I oppose unfounded and non-factual whining that sometimes appears on this forum...

I never see even a pec of the money I supposedly get though :(

Where is my salary MA? :cussing:

EDIT: Btw, if I were on MA's payroll, it would be kinda stupid of me to complain about stuff which I do too (the second item needed for tiering, the loot balancing but not average return...)

Can you name me 1 MMO/Virtual world that 'seriously' markets their product? Name 1.

You are inviting to break forum rules :D
19 pages and no one even come close to the origin of the problem

Percentage of women on the Board 0%
Percentage of women among other senior executives 0%

Women are needed to guard men from stupidities. Like buying property and reseling property. Trying to run without having shoes to rely on, shoes which are treated with respect.

:D

But seriously ...

Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

I heard about the exact same words from a CEO from an international bank and the next working day there was a big plate on the window "For Sale". So my apologies but your answer is subjective, as no representative would ever state there is a problem or he will never find a job again. Kinda deleted my answer, as it would be partly a professional point of view, and just like EU, my services aren't free. It's over 20° degrees so you could sweat me though. :laugh:

Options are clear enough, and if you fail, ... we'll just all have a big LOL then I guess. Good luck.

Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

Sounds good,

Backup plan - Jump suits with parachutes on hand :D

Selling something for 6M USD means someone will want to recoup that amount. At current EU state I would say in 3 years to compensate for the high risk involved.

Meaning ppl will have to pay 12M US$ in 3 years. Considering there is ~5000 active depositors, lets asume new owner brings in 50% increase - 7500 depositors. Price per depositor = 1600$ / 3 years, equals 44$ /mo only for FPC.

the criticism that your assement is based on vague assumptions is correct. if i take one factor, the expected rate of return and change it to 5 years, everything else is garbage. dont confuse your appetite for risk with what others might be. further, a very brief look at the accounts shows net sales of SEK 68 million, or ~$9million (at 7.5:1 rate). so they are already drawing in 225% of the revenue you assume. do you want to really assume how many depositors there are? we the community can barely agree a number of active players, to put a number on depositers is pure guess work based on nothing.

oh, and sometimes an investor *will* put money in something because its nice and a bit of speculation, a sideline or even that they simply believe in it. again dont assume others analysis is the same as yours.

This is the problem. The conception is good, however MA got a bit ahead of themselves...and 1 good idea doesn't employ more than 2 people for very long (RCE).

now i dont think they are getting everything right by a long chalk, but as highlighted above the idea *is* enough to employ quite alot of people for quite along time. unless im mistaken, the net sales is greater than the staffing costs, the main reason for the (first year) of negative cash flow is investment in infrastucture.

what i dont understand is why people use the accounts to trash MA. im not sure if they dont read them, dont understand them (and they are odd and difficult to follow i find) or just dont understand business. ive seen the same old comments for years yet MA is still generating wads of cash, and i've seen accounts far worse.

to add and underline the above... a real investor might see the accounts very differently to how the players see it. some have said its bad that MA need to get cash from a thrid party, but turn it around, someone has seen an investment they want to put $6million into. surely thats positive?

Last edited:
Don't worry. They'll sell their castle and be just fine.

what i dont understand is why people use the accounts to trash MA. im not sure if they dont read them, dont understand them (and they are odd and difficult to follow i find) or just dont understand business. ive seen the same old comments for years yet MA is still generating wads of cash, and i've seen accounts far worse.

to add and underline the above... a real investor might see the accounts very differently to how the players see it. some have said its bad that MA need to get cash from a thrid party, but turn it around, someone has seen an investment they want to put $6million into. surely thats positive?

The reason i am a bit worried is because of the way they define and account revenues. The revenues are: deposits - withdrawals. In my opinion a more approporate accounting should be that the revenue is earned when the players in the game are consuming the peds. Each year our in game holding of peds and tt value have increased without a similar increase of cash in MA. They can show profit, but for each year the gap between our money in game and the money MA have grows. The foundation of the RCE of EU will go away if this continue, because what will our peds be worth if we have 60 MSEK and MA only 20 MSEK?

Now it seems like they are bringing a lot of new money to the company by diffrent deals, so i guess it will look better at the end of 2010. But i still think they should make a effort to rethink how they count the revenue and build up a bigger cash reserve (or other current assets).

Don't worry. They'll sell their castle and be just fine.

I wonder if there is the pics of the throne rooms to be found :D

Jan & Marco east & west wings :laugh:

... because what will our peds be worth if we have 60 MSEK and MA only 20 MSEK?

This really bothers me as well. But hey, maybe the sale of the fugly castle will bring in 40M... :laugh:

Seriously though, you people need to hunt more and repair more shit, or I wont be able to cash out. :wise:

I also get accused of being on MAs/FPCs payroll, when I oppose unfounded and non-factual whining that sometimes appears on this forum...

Now I know what the extra employees are doing !

Can anyone say what a 50/50 profit split actually means, or how it could be arrived at.

Deposits/Withdrawals go to MA, and they have the reserves to cover TT value.

Tax Income goes to Land Area Owners.

How can Profit be split between Calypso / Rocktropia, etc?

What rights would a buyer of Calypso actually have ?

Now with that out of the way, I have to assume both you and thoreau are on MA's payroll - I don't see how any customer of this establishment could seriously defend MA's and FPC's actions unless they either are on the payroll, or want to sweep the truth under the rug to "get more depositing players" in an attempt to recover their losses. As the latter would be so childishly obvious as to make it implausible, I'd have to assume employment.

It's good to see that's out in the open, but it's sad to see what kind of tactics MA stoops to, and what kind of people they employ.

That is IMO of importance to put weight behind the annual report, and to add credibility to FPC's statement(s)...

Tamlin I think it might be time to chill a little. Accusing someone of being on FPC's payroll just because they are being positive is a little far fetched hun.

I'ma customer and quite happy to defend FPC at least. Not sure on MA. They screw up a lot and aren't great at listening to the players, but FPC are getting there. Still not great either but progress is being made. Mostly however, I don't see what ranting at Marco is going to achieve. Try asking him questions nicely. You might get some answers.

Either way though good at their job or not for the most part Eu has been making money and a vast majority of this years losses seem to be due to Cryengine and the bank license. Neither of which have been allowed to reap the benefits yet. For a recession though they arn't doing as badly as they could be and the player base definitely feels more on the up lately hopefully meaning 2010 is already a better picture than 2009.

Marco would it be possible to know when we might see the first quarter for this year?

Nice to hear from Marco :) thank you!

Dear Socmate,

How is this nice? It answers nothing. Sure its good to hear from Marco, I love him :p. But what does he really say? nothing right

no offense mate, SR ftw

kosmos, the reason is quite clear: He has absolutely no life at all, nothing better to do.

:laugh:

pot-kettle.jpg

:laugh:

Ah yes, but you are missing the point...

I post because I like the game, while you post because you are a whiny nolifer that has problems with letting go and moving on.

And the difference is: I play and talk about a game that I like, while you talk about a game that you appearently do not like, but have problems moving on from.

These financials do not look good...

We got massive negative cash flow for 2009 and we got half of that negative cash flow again in the first half of 2010.

MA does not even have the funds for a third of the deposits in game... (rather nothing... )

The report even states that the CEO is trying to secure "funding of the operations". In other words, they got the water up to their neck...

The invested 13m SEK into a property in Germany which they now need to sell to get Cash. (we sudeently don't need it anymore... ah yes... )

They gave back the banking license to free the 5m SEK deposit (after spending millions into the licensing thing... )

They now sell the "rights" for FPC ... what for? If you own FPC, you will get a steady income... if you sell rights, you are bound to get less for it. The only reason they are selling is because they need .... yes you guessed it "CASH".

I am really worried about the Management of this company. I mentioned back in my Q2 2009 Financials analyisis, that there is a cash flow problem... And here we are one year later and MA got just that. A Cash flow problem...

The Management has clearly not got a grip on costs or they totally underestimated their revenues.

The game is a gread concept but MA have no clue how to do business... it becomes more and more obvious with every Financial Report...

Luckily, 99.9 % of the population don't care about financials and don't understand them... All I can say to you, be ready to loose the money you have "invested" in MA and enjoy your time and have fun ;)

Luckily, 99.9 % of the population don't care about financials and don't understand them... All I can say to you, be ready to loose the money you have "invested" in MA and enjoy your time and have fun ;)

Beer also reaches the toilet after drinking it, that doesn`t make it less enjoyable :D
So i subscribe to the "have fun while doing it" movement.
Joke aside, loot is the root of the problems. You treat depositors like shit, they don`t take their wallets out, voila`. People spend on a "money-put-in-fun-coming-out" basis.

The annual report is out:
http://www.mindark.com/press/financial-reports/documents/MindArk-arsredovisning-2009.pdf
in Swedish.
And things don't look any good. MA are bleeding loot of money. Seems like Calypso will be "sold" to a new owner. Will try to give more information when i have had time to read some more.

Google translation: http://translate.google.com/transla...MindArk-arsredovisning-2009.pdf&sl=auto&tl=en

They have right to sell it as they are owners.

Problem is that it seem they are seling customer base with it.

I already consider it a total loss :yay: because I haven't deposited in over a year

I already consider it a total loss :yay: because I haven't deposited in over a year
I don't. This is annoying news, but nothing unexpected tbh, as there's a huge world wide recession. I hope things will pick back up later this year.

I don't. This is annoying news, but nothing unexpected tbh, as there's a huge world wide recession. I hope things will pick back up later this year.

well if they do go under you'll only get the last 6 months of deposits anyway :(

Is the report from MA, FPC, or both? Maybe after separating FPC and MA money flowed from MA to FPC and making it look like MA lost a lot

Back