Igorl

Stalker
Society
Victory
Igor Nikola Lucky
Are vehicles new cheap and ultimate armor? :scratch2:

Can you shoot out of passenger seat?

Why is this interesting?

Say you can now hunt dasp sized creatures with no armor and fap - provided your vehicle is faster then it... :yay:

Can someone try it and confirm?

Regards

I.

this vehicles seems like a big FAIL by MindArk :D NO economy anymore, just race for respect! :)

No hunting mobs from vehicles, only pvp.

Release note:

Shooting from Vehicle

While positioned in the vehicle gun turret, a gunner can mount a mountable weapon. Shooting with mounted weapons can cause damage to other vehicles and avatars in PvP zones.

Note: Mounted weapons cannot harm creatures.
Passengers in a vehicle can cause aggression from creatures.

I have not tried it yet, so cannot confirm, but I suspect the answer is no. There's a whole new section of auction for mounted weapons. I think that's what is used for shooting out of a moving vehicle.

I've tested everything I can think of but cant fond a way to shoot from the vehicle yet.

I suspect vehicle specific guns will be discovered soon.

1.jpg

All I expect from a hunting vehicle, possibly with an extra madmaxxy punk dwarf driver/xbowman up front.

I think that if it was possible to hunt mobs from a vehicle that can outrun the mob then it would completely screw the game up.

Eg ten people go take down a falx with vehicles and take no hits. Return from hunt TT is greater than 100% of amount spent on ammo and decay, and thus the principle of the RCE where MA makes a profit is destroyed.

For that reason, I hope it's not possible to shoot from a gun anywhere except PVP!

Oh the other hand, it would be GREAT FUN for MA to find a way to do driveby shootings on mobs without screwing the game up. Can't think of a way though.

no hunting mobs from vehicles, only pvp.

Release note:

Shooting from vehicle

while positioned in the vehicle gun turret, a gunner can mount a mountable weapon. Shooting with mounted weapons can cause damage to other vehicles and avatars in pvp zones.

Note: Mounted weapons cannot harm creatures.
Passengers in a vehicle can cause aggression from creatures.

pffffttttttttt

I.

P.S.

Screw vehicles then

pffffttttttttt

I.

P.S.

Screw vehicles then

:laugh:

If you could shoot from vehicles, everyone would hunt big mobs from vehicles with 0 armor decay.

You haven't thought that one very well, haven't you? :laugh:

Last edited:
there is a section in auction for mounted weapons now, but looks like they are just for pvp

I see no reason why hunting from vehicles wouldnt work. Make the guns big and make new BIG mobs etc etc. A lot of ppl hunt without armor so would be the same thing more or less.

It's kind of shitty that mobs can still damage our limited vehicles, and we can't hit them back while in said vehicles. :(

I see no reason why hunting from vehicles wouldnt work. Make the guns big and make new BIG mobs etc etc. A lot of ppl hunt without armor so would be the same thing more or less.

I see what you're saying, but don't these people hunt relatively small mobs? Even if you have 200 HP there's only certain mobs you can take without needing to FAP, if you have no armour, right?

Do you think it would be different if people could team hunt really big mobs, with no vehicle decay/cost, no fapping, no armour decay - JUST their weapon decay?

I see what you're saying, but don't these people hunt relatively small mobs? Even if you have 200 HP there's only certain mobs you can take without needing to FAP, if you have no armour, right?

Do you think it would be different if people could team hunt really big mobs, with no vehicle decay/cost, no fapping, no armour decay - JUST their weapon decay?

well the guns are supposed to be heavy guns, ie big decay :p

Ah, I thought we were talking about the currently non-existent ability to use your Maddox IV from the passenger seat - rather than the heavy mounted weapons...

:laugh:

If you could shoot from vehicles, everyone would hunt big mobs from vehicles with 0 armor decay.

You haven't thought that one very well, haven't you? :laugh:

But there would be much much more fuel decay then ;)

Anyways to repeat - screw vehicles no aid to my standard gambling from there :( This way - no use for them and driving around is kinda cheaper elsewhere.

I.

Ah, I thought we were talking about the currently non-existent ability to use your Maddox IV from the passenger seat - rather than the heavy mounted weapons...

Yup that was my initial thinking.

I.

Back