TI - Cornundacauda Spawn

Deathifier

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zachurm Deathifier Emegen
Hi Everyone,
Over the past several months activity on the Cornundacauda Stalker spawn has steadily dropped to a level where it seems very few people, if anyone, actually hunt them.

The spawn itself is currently partly disabled, as I was measuring the impact of the spawn being temporarily reduced.

Since there was no impact it was pretty easy to conclude that almost nobody hunts there :)

So I'd like to hear some feedback from the community as to the need for the spawn.

In particular I'd like to know:
- Have people found a huntable Cornundacauda Stalker spawn elsewhere?
- Would people prefer a different Cornundacauda maturity?
- Would people prefer the spawn disabled to provide another mining region?
- Would people prefer some other spawn to replace it?

All feedback would be welcome, both in public and private if you prefer :)

Bye,
Deathifier

Hmmmm

I think there is noother place to hunt stalkers

I just think that the mob is pretty low because nobody actually care hunting for them.

It is a unpopular mob ., Maybe a 10k mission will chance some thing

Hunt

I hunt them from time to time and I love them they give pretty nice loot and my lvl of hunting is perfect for them so pls dont change them...

I agree with ranpha. Not many will be hunting them with the other missions going on. I'd leave them as is and wait for FPC to set up a Bronze mission...

Well, my guess for the reduction in hunting stats for your Corns would be b/c you've added several unique mobs to TI in the last year? :wise:

Hmmmm

I just think that the mob is pretty low because nobody actually care hunting for them.

What Faye says.

Corns used to be a popular mob for low-level hunters but they aren't any more. They might become popular again in the future though.

Since there are no Stalkers elsewhere, would Stalkers at minimum numbers be a viable option? That would be OK for the few people who do want to hunt Corn Stalkers, and shouldn't be too problematic for miners.

I think Corns are a likely candidate for a future Iron Challenge, I wouldn't be surprised if we see one added within the next 6 months.

Last edited:
To be honest, I had completely forgoten about them... :ahh: I used to run into them from time to time on the other continent but havent seen them in some time... but if I remember correctly, they recentely had an upgrade to thier looks??!! :scratch2:

Just as a question and not that I would like to see them removed, what other mobs did you have in mind for that area?? :)

Thanks for the feedback so far :)

I've responded to most of the comments made and queries posed thus far here:

Yeah I'm inclined to agree - their popularity has just plummeted to nearly nothing.

An Iron Challenge mission may change that, however it'd also likely result in demand to drop them to Youngs to make the mission easier and cheaper to complete.

I hunt them from time to time and I love them they give pretty nice loot and my lvl of hunting is perfect for them so pls dont change them...

It is good to hear from someone who actually hunts them :)

Well, my guess for the reduction in hunting stats for your Corns would be b/c you've added several unique mobs to TI in the last year? :wise:

Hardly, the creatures I added are suitable for a substantially different class of player and thus would barely affect the popularity of Cornundacauda.

Since there are no Stalkers elsewhere, would Stalkers at minimum numbers be a viable option? That would be OK for the few people who do want to hunt Corn Stalkers, and shouldn't be too problematic for miners.

I think Corns are a likely candidate for a future Iron Challenge, I wouldn't be surprised if we see one added within the next 6 months.

Creature popularity does indeed shift over time, for many reasons, and an Iron Challenge mission would change it for sure.
It is not something I'm expecting to happen though and if it does happen I believe there are suitable lower maturity hunting areas already anyway.

Dropping them to min numbers is an option, though it'd create a situation where everyone is slightly unhappy - hunters don't have enough density, and miners keep running into a stalker at inconvenient times.

I'd rather it be setup properly for a specific purpose, even if the number of people that actually use it is extremely small.

arnt they a MAYHEM mob :D
Yes, once a year, at which point Neverdie or whoever now owns his Cornundacauda dome turns their spawn on temporarily.

I have kept mine around to provide a place to hunt them as a service to the community, not because an FPC event may or may not include them.

Just as a question and not that I would like to see them removed, what other mobs did you have in mind for that area?? :)

I have DNA for a variety of creatures, including most of the existing iron challenge creatures and some semi-rare creatures.

All of them already have one or more spawns I consider suitable elsewhere though, so I have no particular creature in mind when it comes to potentially replacing them.

- Deathifier

It May Be the L00t...

Well, I had hunted your big Cornundacaudas on a regular basis, getting some nice minis on them repeatedly. But then my l00t on them dropped, especially the number of no-l00ters became really bad. :( Eventually I stopped, naturally.

Last edited:
For myself personally.... when I was a noob I used to be able to seem to global on them (when they were really too big for my skills/gear). Now.... we grind them for WoF and an hour later a team of 4 finally secures a global. So I'm not sure if the drops of the corns have been reduced over the last 2 year's worth of updates, or if it's just that I can hunt them too eco at my current skill/gear level to get any swirlies (Or descent avg returns for that matter). Because of that, my personal preference has been to hunt some of your larger mobs on the island as opposed to killing 10x more corns than I could say.... Fresq. I've also noticed a personal drop in Hogglo return % and the drop in the LR MU has again helped force me towards the Fresq/Furor/SEG direction.

My suggestion is to maybe put a high density of something that can drop items of some sort and set the maturity accordingly. That way.... if Fresq (for example) are slow, then there is opportunity to cross over to the opposite side of the island and plow through something else to potentially get some returns back..... or at least MU stackables. Now... by dropping items I don't mean high end or big MU items.... but argos and attackers (for example) have the ability to pay good return % because of their low end low MU TT-food items (paladin, knight, S30) due to the fact that they show up in the loot at a few PED TT. This means that a "descent" run can net you 20 PED profit and a pile of globals isn't always necessary.

So I don't know what DNA you have but maybe there's just a better choice in this day and age.... alot has changed since you first spawned the corns... also... I believe the avg skill level has increased in the last couple years as well.

Menace

to be honest their loot is dreadful, awhile back i tried a few runs (spread apart and in between other hunts) and never got better than 50% return. even while teaming i've never gone positive.

how about a low-maturity atrax spawn? that would be nice. we used to have atrax beach for that but the maturity has been bumped up quite a bit. young-mature 75% old 25% would be perfect for a lot of lower-mid level hunters i think.

More good and useful feedback, thanks :)

As usual here's some comments and answers:

Got any Daikiba dna?

Not enough to produce a spawn dense enough for continual hunting.

My suggestion is to maybe put a high density of something that can drop items of some sort and set the maturity accordingly. That way.... if Fresq (for example) are slow, then there is opportunity to cross over to the opposite side of the island and plow through something else to potentially get some returns back..... or at least MU stackables. Now... by dropping items I don't mean high end or big MU items.... but argos and attackers (for example) have the ability to pay good return % because of their low end low MU TT-food items (paladin, knight, S30) due to the fact that they show up in the loot at a few PED TT. This means that a "descent" run can net you 20 PED profit and a pile of globals isn't always necessary.

So I don't know what DNA you have but maybe there's just a better choice in this day and age.... alot has changed since you first spawned the corns... also... I believe the avg skill level has increased in the last couple years as well.

Hmmm you are correct, as people skill up they move on to other creatures and puny little Cornudacauda aren't going to hold their attention :)

In theory newer players would come along and replace them though, however I guess they have quite a lot of other fancy things to shoot at these days.

I'll take another look at my DNA collection and see if there's some creatures which drop items that are more useful to hunters in todays economy, and which don't have enough decent spawns elsewhere.

how about a low-maturity atrax spawn? that would be nice. we used to have atrax beach for that but the maturity has been bumped up quite a bit. young-mature 75% old 25% would be perfect for a lot of lower-mid level hunters i think.

I would be surprised if there aren't a dozen places to shoot up Atrax in non-taxed areas, unless a number of spawns got wiped with VU10.

- Deathifier

Dont know if it would works fine for you but i think it would be nice to see some very great Fresq there.....maybe provider up to dominant ...
nice for teamhunts :D

I think as Iron Challenge mob I'd enjoy hunting Corn much more than Daikiba and Fouls. If they then have a 60% return well we've alll had enough of that one :scratch2:

Dont know if it would works fine for you but i think it would be nice to see some very great Fresq there.....maybe provider up to dominant ...
nice for teamhunts :D

...and a few, not much, really big of them :D

Perhaps a vote is necessary, with what DNAs you have and keeping/changing current spawn as options.

I would be surprised if there aren't a dozen places to shoot up Atrax in non-taxed areas, unless a number of spawns got wiped with VU10.

- Deathifier

no current decent spawns that i know of.... there are some around minnopolis but its pretty sparse

Hmm... maybe some advertising would help? I had completely forgotten there was a Cornundacauda spawn there and did my Cornundacauda hunting between camp caravan and Minopolis, where you can find Provider - Old Alphas.

unfourtunatley the Markup on them was never good enough to pay taxes for them, but i enjoyed to hunt lowlevel cornis a lot in good old Opallo Days

Hmm... maybe some advertising would help? I had completely forgotten there was a Cornundacauda spawn there and did my Cornundacauda hunting between camp caravan and Minopolis, where you can find Provider - Old Alphas.

I agree, I think with all the new updates, some people have forgotten about them. I hunted them often 2 years ago but really have been busy exploring and doing missions. Maybe some events and promotions would reinvigorate the mob and with that higher turnover, better returns. Nice to see thread with helpful input!

-JIAN!

Perhaps leave the Corn as they are but put a spawn of high maturity Foul there as well . I get so bored hunting the small ones for the mission. Just a thought

Perhaps leave the Corn as they are but put a spawn of high maturity Foul there as well . I get so bored hunting the small ones for the mission. Just a thought

I don't have any additional DNA to put more Foul anywhere, and I'd probably be hung if I found some Foul DNA and didn't use it to improve the small spawn first :)

- Deathifier

Is Diakiba possible?

Being an event mob and the first of the Iron Challenges when sorted from EASY to HARD mobs.

Daikiba would make good sense if you treated it as community service mob.

• It's close enough to a TP
  • Keep the maturity low
  • Keep the tax at cost
The Spawn and sweat camp can get crowded and its a bit too mixed with Bery, the only other decent one is West of Twin and that is a mixed breed of maturity's and occasionaly an Old Alpha.

If you had a great Mission Spawn and had the tax really low it could work to get new players used to the idea of hunting on TI. Backed up with Good signage and assistance encouraging and helping visitors to do missions, go get the Diakiba mission and keep coming back to rack it up 10k

Just my 1.7629 pec

Hope your well mate!

JD

Personally wouldn't mind cersumon spawn, as presently it is almost nonexistent everywhere.

Used to hunt cornundacauda in the past, then they lost their lovely 'mooing' :(

I like corns I hunt them sometimes I but I never hold on this spot because they crit at 100 on ghost+5b, it allways ends up with unkilled mobs I have to reach in an already respawned spot.. for a 440 hp mob that drops kobold/goblin when you're lucky it's not a mystery why they are not so popular hehe. provider-old alpha setting maybe?

peace

Filibert

you need foul DNA?

ill hunt for it ^^

I personally would keep them only for Mayhem... I am sure you bank on those during mayhem

Well there is a quest now and I have no clue where to find a nice fat herd with big maturities ;)

Back