Protest Against Excessive Transport Fees

postfan

Old
Society
Death Lords (1st Div)
Steve Postfan Williams
Are you fed up with paying 25 PED to go to CND.
Are you fed up with paying 17.50 PED to go to Crystal Palace.
Are you fed up with paying 40 PED to go to Rocktropia.
Then join the protest!!!!
All you have to is reply that you are in and sent a support case to MA about how expensive transport fees are
Hopefully we can reduce or even abolish transport fees!
JOIN THE PROTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I feel like I'm protesting a smoking ban or seatbelt law (utterly hopeless) but yeah I support this... :smoke:

CND and CP i dont know, but as for rocktropia, the whole point of this super high fee, is to not allow easy migration, for exemple fpc customers going there too easily.
Because the whole point is that planet investors and makers, bring people on their planets through their own marketing/business plan, not to take them away from our current customers base, so fees in this case are justified cause if not, some planet owners dont need too much motivation to bring people.. after all anyone from fpc can come and give ND income easily if it was the case without having to move up much fingers, and let things dies for more time than it should.

Last edited:
A 40ped fee is not enough to stop a mass exodus only to stop new players immediately switching planet.

protests and other threads like this might be making the hanger deed owner's participation in game less fun, so this may well be a violation of eula?

other then that though, I agree... after all rocktropia's website once more or less claimed that it was free... almost, but not quite verging on false advertisements... they changed the ad after I brought this up in a forum and had a support ticket in on it.

edit - adding image for newer folks that may not have seen the original Rocktropia website... It said "UNLIMITED FREE ACCESS To Rocktropia & Many Other Virtual Worlds" Don't know about you, but to me that implied free transit between worlds...

Last edited:
Are you fed up with paying 25 PED to go to CND of Crystal Palace?
Are you fed up with paying 40 PED to go to Rocktropia.
Then join the protest!!!!
All you have to is reply that you are in and sent a support case to MA about how expensive transport fees are
Hopefully we can reduce or even abolish transport fees!
JOIN THE PROTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So............spaceships will (according toMA) be back next year as possibly the only form of transport to the planets. as yet costs to run the ships aren't even known u may find the fees at the moment r cheap.......!!

NB CP costs 17.50 Do your homework

Last edited:
... they changed the ad after I brought this up in a forum and had a support ticket in on it.

No they didnt. You twisted it to make it fit what you wanted and blogged it in every post from then on even if the post had nothing to do with it!

The TP fees are a temporary measure untill spacecrraft return. The tp fee represents the amount of fuel it costs to travel + the amount of profit the majority of pre vu10 pilots had agreed on.

The TP fee's go to pilots as compensation for thier profession not being ingame at this time.

THe cost to travel to other planets is a important measure to put up a important boundary between planets, so new planets are able to grow thier own community and economy.

Without it, a new planet would be no diffrent to a new part of calypso, that would end up being mostly unpopulated.

Regards,

Stave

So where are protesting against players that bought Hangers and are missing out in their investings ?

None of the fee go to MindArk but to players and when the hangers come back then price will either rise or drop

This protest bit wast of time as you protest towards your own community

The TP fees are a temporary measure untill spacecrraft return. The tp fee represents the amount of fuel it costs to travel + the amount of profit the majority of pre vu10 pilots had agreed on.

The TP fee's go to pilots as compensation for thier profession not being ingame at this time.

THe cost to travel to other planets is a important measure to put up a important boundary between planets, so new planets are able to grow thier own community and economy.

Without it, a new planet would be no diffrent to a new part of calypso, that would end up being mostly unpopulated.

Regards,

Stave

If a planet sucks, a 40 ped fee is not going to stop people from leaving. And new players could simply close their accounts and make a new one via another planet.

Protectionism ultimately does not work.

That said, governments and businesses tend to ignore simple truths like this.

It wont stop people leaving no, but it will make people think twice before freely moving from planet A to planet B and increase the chances people will see a planet as thier home planet. After all each planet is a game inside the platform. Rather than eu being designed as one whole game.

And ofc making new accounts is A, against the rules and B if your not a new player, you will leave all your skills and stuff behind.

And if your a new player and dont like planet A, you can easily ask support to delete your account, and make another account on planet B

wdf?

To keep new players away? Im not an ew player and i still don't have 80 ped to go to rocktropia? MARCO FIX THIS DAmn IT! YOU TAKE MY DAMN MONEY ON EVERY SINGLE HUNT! BEST RETURN I GET IS LIKE 5%? You should be sicken with yerself :mad:

A 40ped fee is not enough to stop a mass exodus only to stop new players immediately switching planet.

it does stop anyone to go whenever they want there, and also gives income to MA if they do anyway ,but in the end lowering fpc income from their own customers cause it then get too easy to switch, supplying auction with goods aswell to fill up needs for newcommers too which would not be right,
its not supposed to be that way, and people from there still have to pay huge fees on auction to buy items from calypso.

My opinion is that rocktropia was launched too early but better do it early and getting a few income than later.
but it was a very bad idea for allowing newcommers comming in eu and spawning on rocktropia in the state it is,
downliading the game making an avatar and deciding to chooses rocktropia instead of fpc just because its name "rocks" to then find out they are stuck in some tough world.
At least few months ago.

Bps are comming soon right, and maybe some others changes including extra marketing, who knows.

so should it changes? absolutely not

Last edited:
So............spaceships will (according toMA) be back next year as possibly the only form of transport to the planets. as yet costs to run the ships aren't even known u may find the fees at the moment r cheap.......!!

actually, I think they said (well at least NeverDie did in an interview) that there would be both ships and teleports later, but that ships would be slower/cheaper :dunno:

The whole point here is it doesnt really cost anything to get to those locations.

There is only a transfer of data across a server network which is quite minimal in the scheme of things.

The true shame is Mindark is attempting to build a Platform business and at the same time they are allowing this to happen and are losing customers as fast as they are gaining them.

Gaining customers is a expensive endeavor and it is very easy to lose them.

Once you lose a customer you have not only lost their future revenue , you have also created a negative ambassador that will carry forward his/her negative impressions against a companies attempts to drive new customers.

A negative message will carry more weight when there are other options for the person that is making a decision to give the product a try.

I will not piss in my own pool and speak badly of Mindark outside of the game , and limit my disgust to my soc chat.

But I do think the fees for travel are a hinderance to the growth of this product.

New planet partners will eventually find this drawback and as other platforms are born , they will point this out as their own selling point.

How many new customers reading about their chances to make their riches playing this game , will spend 8 dollars to just visit another planet which they know nothing of.

I vote with my peds.

Bones

The whole point here is it doesnt really cost anything to get to those locations.

There is only a transfer of data across a server network which is quite minimal in the scheme of things.

The true shame is Mindark is attempting to build a Platform business and at the same time they are allowing this to happen and are losing customers as fast as they are gaining them.

Gaining customers is a expensive endeavor and it is very easy to lose them.

Once you lose a customer you have not only lost their future revenue , you have also created a negative ambassador that will carry forward his/her negative impressions against a companies attempts to drive new customers.
People pay for what they find is worth, nobody force them.

A negative message will carry more weight when there are other options for the person that is making a decision to give the product a try.

I will not piss in my own pool and speak badly of Mindark outside of the game , and limit my disgust to my soc chat.

But I do think the fees for travel are a hinderance to the growth of this product.

New planet partners will eventually find this drawback and as other platforms are born , they will point this out as their own selling point.

How many new customers reading about their chances to make their riches playing this game , will spend 8 dollars to just visit another planet which they know nothing of.

I vote with my peds.

Bones

Nobody has to go on other planets, we are fine without them.
Customers paying 8 dollar to go and back will pay because they wanna discover it and its worth the shot rather than going to cinema.
Before planets or cnd or cp came, it was still project entropia only and it was just fine as it is.
People pay for something they find worth it, if someone dont like it, u dont have to pay, game is fine without it.
And if rocktropia stays dead, and not get us excited or newcommers or actually make the whole platform losing customers, then its only planet managers fault.

People, the "Fees" are not Fees" but are what spaceships would use in decay and oil + the profit the majoirty have agreed on.

Its then sent as compansation to ship owners for thier profession not being ingame.

Stop talking about these "fees" as if thier some kind of tax.

Or do i have to repeat myself for a third time and provide a link to a offical content release info containing details of what im saying here for people to listen to me? Sheesh

Does anyone remember how much a VIP ticket to CND or CP used to cost? Went as high as 100ped I believe.
The waiting time factor which wasn`t pleasant, getting stuck for hours or days until finding free pilot etc etc.

Now you can get basically something better than VIP ticket(cos it`s instant) for a fraction of the costs.

It never cost me 40 peds to go to CP or CND!

I think the OP should add a Poll.

It would be neat if the advanced TP chips let you go from planet to planet when they remove the tp between planet option and make it all be done by ships.

nothing wrong with the tp fees, all fair in my opinion. Best way to protest is just don't leave calypso.

Nobody has to go on other planets, we are fine without them.
Customers paying 8 dollar to go and back will pay because they wanna discover it and its worth the shot rather than going to cinema.
Before planets or cnd or cp came, it was still project entropia only and it was just fine as it is.
People pay for something they find worth it, if someone dont like it, u dont have to pay, game is fine without it.
And if rocktropia stays dead, and not get us excited or newcommers or actually make the whole platform losing customers, then its only planet managers fault.

The growth of the new Platform business plan put forth by Mindark is dependent on travel between worlds.

You cant possibly believe that these worlds owners expect to be completely independent and not hope to gather traffic from other planet partners.

The selling point of the platform is to get your product out in front of as many paying people as possible.

Not every planet can be a game planet , for the platform to have a growing and sustainable economic base there needs to be a flow people infusing fresh money into it.

Fresh money will come from retail sales such as electronics , music sales , clothing , and an entire array of products and services.

I cannot see a consumer paying these added fees to view products at other locations , especially when they can surf the web for items without any transport fees.

I am not saying that Mindark doesnt owe a possible usefullness for the spacefleet that is waiting in limbo , but to make the partner planets dependent on this fleet to shuttle their customers at the customers expense is just silly.

Bones

CND and CP i dont know, but as for rocktropia, the whole point of this super high fee, is to not allow easy migration, for exemple fpc customers going there too easily.
Because the whole point is that planet investors and makers, bring people on their planets through their own marketing/business plan, not to take them away from our current customers base, so fees in this case are justified cause if not, some planet owners dont need too much motivation to bring people.. after all anyone from fpc can come and give ND income easily if it was the case without having to move up much fingers, and let things dies for more time than it should.

i am completely agree. :wise:

The growth of the new Platform business plan put forth by Mindark is dependent on travel between worlds.

Why? Who says? That only will be possible when exists possibilities of exchange. That is in future. If We have no loot in calypso; Why we could want to have only a half of loot in Calypso? The Planet partners need his own players base. - Only traders are interested in this. But traders have his own game. And his "game" is very different from our game. -

You cant possibly believe that these worlds owners expect to be completely independent and not hope to gather traffic from other planet partners.

The selling point of the platform is to get your product out in front of as many paying people as possible.

Not every planet can be a game planet , for the platform to have a growing and sustainable economic base there needs to be a flow people infusing fresh money into it.

Fresh money will come from retail sales such as electronics , music sales , clothing , and an entire array of products and services.

I cannot see a consumer paying these added fees to view products at other locations , especially when they can surf the web for items without any transport fees.

I am not saying that Mindark doesnt owe a possible usefullness for the spacefleet that is waiting in limbo , but to make the partner planets dependent on this fleet to shuttle their customers at the customers expense is just silly.

Bones
The growth of eu doesnt depends on travelling, it depends of making new worlds worth it for people they want to target it at that dont know the game and us that think its worth going there
,it will be new people by their own advertising aswell as us the current player base.

they will never be totally independant,and will all helps each other in the end to bring customers to every planets even if each goal of planet owner is to bring people and to keep them on their own, being sucessfull of course as a new planet or at least making profit enough to not care that people switch.

its a platform as u said, and we are linked through tp with fee aswell as auctions with fees using the same economy and same base of gameplay, it still doesnt change the fact that as a new planet not working at all, and suposed to bring its own customers because they have something worth to show, its still normal fees are there,and it should never change.

Advertising, diversity and new things are the key for sure, just look at what brings passive news such as CND resales, about 30 noob a minuts last weeks or something, it benefit mainly FPC because of the news from cnd located on fpc,
but certainly bring noob to rocktropia too (which iam sad to think about since its been up for 9 months or something, and still not noob friendly even if the planet itself we have to say looks amazingly well designed, but might be discouraging to keep playing, and feeling forced to remake an avatar on FPC if they feel like the game is worth it)

In the end everyone benefit from it, the more planets sucessfull the more players get to know entropia because news fell everywhere and they make their own advertising and make something more and more deeper depending of their ideas and what they are allowed to do, so if u can imagine one day having 20 planets up all proposing differents things mostly close to the same that we know on lots of planets and really differents things, its only natural to push up motivation for people owning planets to actually make them alive first and wokrs their ass better to make it a blast fast and keeping fees.

Imo, its normal that fees are here to stay, before rocktropia was here u didnt need it, u are born on calypso, why do u feel bad about paying 40 ped to go try it out, even tho u get all u need to know about it before hand thx internet ?

U dont even need to try it out to know what is on it and if it attracts u.

If u want to try a new movie, but dont wanna pay, its up to u and your choices, its what i dont understand,
u will never need to go somewhere to check price on real items on some virgin megastore planets, i dont get the expemple of selling goods but its maybe way too late for me..

there will always be all infos known we want online, the same than entropedia does already, and if u feel like buying something on some planets as a FPC player there then its worth paying the trip right ?

And i cant imagine them selling things that sell in the real worlds.. what would be the point.. or then if its cheaper than real worlds, then u will gladly pay the fee anyway to travel there, this exemple of people wanting to move from a planet to another just to check things out but not wanting to pay is something i dont get, if they create something it will be well thought and a viable business plan, they know what they do, u dont have to worry about it and if anyone feel the need to move somewhere else then there is a reason still.

in the end we all choose where we wanna start as a newcommers, and adult enough to choose if we wanna go check a planet and that 40 ped is worth the try, we started on calypso, we still dont need to go on other planets but we will do if we feel its worth the shot, and maybe prefer to migrate on others planets aswell in the end for some.
i will be glad to pay to discover the new EU next island when it comes up, but no one force me too and i dont need it, but iam curious and its nothing more expensive to me than going to macdonald, to cinema, already seeing a total new world and having fun hours with something that actually has real content hopefully will be worth the shot.
I can also just wait and check forums to see if it appeals me.

So your extra fresh money will come if something is interesting enough for us to bother coming and newbis not knowing eu before finding a X planet interesting in the entropiauniverse and deciding he wants to try it out, but not because fee arent there.
As for newbies spawning on a virgin megastore planet, they will be here initially just for that, and not coming from a planet of gamers, but maybe in the end after purchasing something on virgin megastore planet, they will still wanna try others planets after discovering the universe, and then its up to them to choose if its worth paying like us deciding to go to CP, CND or ROCKTROPIA, after all they didnt come to have fun kill harbringers, make mining global or crafting or pk in the first place but maybe as they are immersed in it will want to in the end, still a virgin megastore planet make money by selling good worth it for anyone, so its their problem if they dont make enough cash and that when newbie spawn to buy something decide to go on some planet rather than spend it on the thing he wanted initially.

In the end they all benefits each others, and i dont see a problem with fees at all.

sorry for the badly written thing its late, i hope iam not out of subject XD

Last edited:
I started boycoting the pilot "mafia" a long time ago and only used honest and fair priced pilots. Its sad that MA used thier overpriced ticket prises as the fee for traveling and because of that I refuse to travel to CND / Crystal at that price. There wore pilots that offered rides for 15 PED and I once asked how its posible for them to sell tickets @ 15 PED and not 25 PED and the pilot replied with its still profitable so 25 PED is way overpriced. Funy thing wore when those that chose to sell tickets @ 15 PED went to twins the "mafia" bitched and mouned at them for not standing in thier pilot line, LOL wtf an honest player has to wait for the crappy overpriced ones to sell thier tickets before he can do business how retarded.

I started boycoting the pilot "mafia" a long time ago and only used honest and fair priced pilots..

Same here, it was easy to travel as long as you got the right contacts. Was pretty bad how it got that way. Perhaps when space arrives MA will give us mildly affordable (L) ships with 2 seats or something, so more people are able to offer flights at a good price, rather than that bs.

Same here, it was easy to travel as long as you got the right contacts. Was pretty bad how it got that way. Perhaps when space arrives MA will give us mildly affordable (L) ships with 2 seats or something, so more people are able to offer flights at a good price, rather than that bs.

If I get A spaceship I will offer fair priced tickets and not take any bother to anything the other overpriced pilots say or worry anything about standing in thier BS line as costomers will come to me via word of mouth.

Leave fees.
I think there should be free travel tickets once in a while in loot or as event prize.

transport fees are there for a reason, which will likely become clear to everyone in the future, however, I do think adjustments are needed, not as much regarding price as with new players.

One of my good friend finally decided to try it out, stupid as he is, he went to rocktropia instead of calypso, which lead to many things, but most of all that he kinda dropped it all before I even had a chance to show him around.

I think that new players should have a change to travel between planets for free for a limited time, to make sure what they really want and experience first hand what the different planets is about. Actually I think this should go for old players as well, just as we had the chance to visit gateway.

apart from that I'm not really that impressed by this protest. The price is more like a bus fair, which everyone should be able to afford.

Back