The estate bug is NOT FIXED YET...

another vu - another day of dashed hope...

Another version update came, and there was hope that that update might contain the fix for the booths. Unfortunately that hope was killed because
Booths still are broken!
This problem has been going on since approximately December 5, 2010. Prior to that, the problem existed from the time vu 10 was implemented in September 2009 - December 2009. It's very sad that estates have been left broken for this long. Anyone who has any intention of every buying any estate in game, beware!

Seems as though fixing a UI progress bar and an SIB item info field is more important to MA then something that brings a players income.

Come to think about it Isn't it a FPC fix ?

Booths will be fixed by next week.

Shops however you honestly don't want to know...

Item count is still screwed up on my booth :/ it should be 11+50, but I only have access to the 11 slots.

narfi

Booths will be fixed by next week.

Shops however you honestly don't want to know...
Next week came and went... and here we are with broken estates still hanging around.

Stop whining... they have lots more to do :rolleyes:; you have to wait for the space travel and the likes to be finished first. We don't want them disturbed by mundane tasks :wtg:.

PS Sorry to joke on your guys expense... but there is not much else left it seems. Screw up after screw up, after screw up... you get the idea.

Entropia Universe 11.6.1 did NOT include a fix for the estate bugs! Calypso's Booths still don't seem to work at the moment :(

Sorry you think of estates, one of the, if not the biggest assets in this game, as a "mundane" thing that should just be ignored, and continue to be ignored for months...

I agree, it will be nice when hangers are back, just like all the other missing systems. However, hanger owners are at least getting compensated via tp fees. Booth owners are left with no source of income from their estate. What's sad is that the fix is out there somewhere if they'd just look for it. Narfi, at least your booth is working up there on the other planet. Down here we continue to get the message that items put in the estate can be picked up by other avatars.

Last edited:
Entropia Universe 11.6.1 did NOT include a fix for the estate bugs! Booths still don't work at the moment :(

Hardly to believe it. 20% more employees at MA is not enough, it seems :scratch2:

still no fix in sight.
Hi,

Thank you for your report and patience with this. Please rest assured that our development team is still looking into this issue and irregularities found will be adjusted.

Unfortunately we can not offer an ETA for a solution. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that this is causing you.
Thank you again for your patience and participation in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,

Leslie | Planet Calypso Support

I guess I'll have to offer them no eta for the next time I deposit, which is pretty sad since I was thinking about becoming a regular monthly depositor...

and... the new vu yesterday DID NOT FIX THE BOOTHS!...

I am glad you cleaned up Omegaton's Beta tower of the vegetation in the ground floor you left there since vu 10, but was hoping you might put fixing the booths and bringing back the missing systems a little higher then that on the priority list...

MA|SEE, come on. Fix the problems already... both the estates and all the missing systems. I probably won't be using my whip any more or depositing til the fixes start rolling in, or we at least get an eta on the fixes. Looking forward to some answers in the Q&A session that is coming "ASAP", but has already been delayed two or three times...

At least with the taming issue, the whips are still useable as weapons. With this estate problem with the booths, the estates are completely useless! Also, it creates a very false sense of security in ways since we can't put items in our estates without knowing for sure others cannot steal the items by picking them up. Makes it seem possible that every stinking estate in game could eventually have this problem, making every item in every shop, LA, house, apartment, etc. all up for grabs if this sort of thing is not fixed as these sort of problems continue on and on and on...

Please fix the problems. Please issue some sort of compensation for these many months we've been with useless assets with both the estate problems, and all the other missing system problems. You took our money, but did not give us the service we paid for. In the past, you bought back the personal revive, gave shopkeepers to booth owners in Hadesheim in 2008 or so when there were problems with booths over there for a much shorter duration of time... Fix the problems as soon as possible please. Stop delaying. At least give us some ETAs on the fix, and some notion of how high on the priority list these fixes are.

(crossing fingers in hopes that the fixes all will come in tomorrow when you refund the rent payments that were prepaid ;) )

Last edited:
In one thread, someone suggested that you give a new pet deed to every whip owner or anyone with taming skills for every week the fix is delayed, backdated to January 1, 2011 when the new systems were suppossed to be back. I'd suggest you do that. Perhaps for us estate owners with broken estates, you can give us one new item slot in the estates for every week the fix is put off?.. do that for the hanger owners too who have waited for this long... or at least give them Unlimited VTOLS that don't decay, or use any sort of oil or other fuel, and allow those VTOLs to travel between planets freely without any cost (that way you can leave the current interplanetary tps in place without overburdening the pilots or the system that exists now... just make the UL VTOLs not tradeable, and a part of the ownership of the hanger deed)

Booths were still not working as of last night when I logged in last... Maybe not too ironically, I noticed that someone has put a booth in Espilon Tower at Omegaton on Auction... and bidding was very low on it last night. Not sure if it's gone up since that time.

BUYER BEWARE!

This issue has been going on since December 5, 2010... That's 2 months and and 2 and half weeks this latest estate bug has been going on, and prior to this, back when vu 10 came along, the same problem affected booths from August - December, 2009!... That's a very poor track record...

To the seller: good luck.

Booths still don't seem to be working...

If calculations are right, tomorrow will be 3 months with this problem in the latest go round.... fun fun. Guess that's another quarter of a year with this bug in addition to the third of a year in 2009... ... i.e. approximately 7 months of useless estates since vu 10?!

Did not see mention of a fix for this in the Q&A answers... and latest from support was no eta yet... What gives?

Last edited:
Okay, I am the owner of a shop, in contact with support about something I disagree with but I think this gives me the right to say, "Shut the F*()* up". You have a problem, spam support. Getting really tired of your self-rightous bs all over PCF.

And let the neg rep comence.

Okay, I am the owner of a shop, in contact with support about something I disagree with but I think this gives me the right to say, "Shut the F*()* up". You have a problem, spam support. Getting really tired of your self-rightous bs all over PCF

Real nice. How the heck is it self righteous to complain about problems that have been going on for months with one of my biggest assets in game? Would it be self right righteous of you if say all the weapons and mining equipment or crafting machines you wanted to work with stopped working, and they gave you no eta of a fix for it? Wouldn't you want to post to tell others to not try to use those things if the decay or markup is being incurred/paid but the items that are being paid for are not working?

Owning a shop is a profession just like any of that other stuff. It is an ingame asset, and if it's not working, it needs to be fixed. If they can't fix it, I, just like everyone else here, should have the right to post about it here on the forums til my fingers bleed from all the typing if I choose to do so to warn others... or at least put the buzz out here about it so the community manager is aware of the problem... and that the problem is continuing for so long.

You are saying I should not complain here on the community forums when support tells me there is no eta on a big massive problem that affects my own assets in game and the assets of many others... I have sent in support tickets, multiple times... the best they can tell me is that they are sending the issue to other departments and have no eta on any fixes whatsoever. To me that's a huge problem, a huge flaw that the entire community should be aware of.

Perhaps if you have problems with your estate and it's something they are ignoring you about, you should voice your concerns about it here in the property subforum or over in the wishlist? After all, the Q&A says they like community input.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?150-SDS-Q-A-(Part-1)
· Will you (SDS) listen to what your community is telling you?
Absolutely, user feedback is constantly encouraged as it helps us understand the wants and needs of the community.

· How long before this latest spurt of interest in the player base wanes and it's back to the normal wall of silence and no communication from anyone other than Hanne?
Hanne is the official community manager so the majority of SEE Digital Studios communication currently comes from her, however we are working at establishing a stronger relationship between the community and all of SDS.

How are they going to get that input unless we give it to them here on the forums where the community manager reads things?... Hanne has mentioned in the past that she does not work in the support area, so how will she get any info about various things like this unless it's posted here? Forums are here to discuss things so as to help weigh the pros and cons of various ideas.... warn others of bugs and various problems...

in short to communicate more, not less. Communication is a good thing. I'm guessing you believe that to or would not be posting here in the first place? If I'm wrong, so be it.

By the way, telling folks to "Shut the F*()* up" isn't really something you ought to be doing here since it's pretty offensive to some, and might actually be breaking a few forum rules. Actually by using *()* above to circumvent the word filter, you might be breaking some forum rules too?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?114-planet-calypso-forum-rules
2.2 - Insults/Flaming
Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts are not permitted. Posts of this nature will be edited or deleted by the Community Staff without notice and the offending member may be temporarily or permanently banned without notice. It is important to keep in mind that PlanetCalypsoForum is a global community and what might be acceptable behavior or language in one country may not be acceptable in others. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members and forum staff, along with constructive posting of opinions is essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked.

2.15 - Word Filter Circumvention
Certain offensive words, terms or links are automatically filtered by the forum software. Such filtered words will be replaced with exclamation points (e.g. !!!!!!!). Any attempts to circumvent the automated forum word filter (such as by adding spaces/dots/punctuation, using colors or text markups, or by substituting characters) will result in the offending content being edited or deleted, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

I'll be the first to sing the praises if they fix the problem... but til the fix is in, I'll keep posting here and elsewhere about this ongoing problem.

Last edited:
Okay, I am the owner of a shop, in contact with support about something I disagree with but I think this gives me the right to say, "Shut the F*()* up". You have a problem, spam support. Getting really tired of your self-rightous bs all over PCF.

relax man, no need to be rude. If it annoys you too much just add him to your ignore list.

Booths Still do not appear to work!

What's sad about it is that support had to ask me if the booth still was not working recently. That's just plain bad. It means the folks behind the scenes really have no clue what the heck is going on in this virtual universe.

http://www.entropiaplatform.com/entropia-platform/security/
MindArk aims to provide the safest online entertainment environment available. Safety and security is highly prioritized and MindArk has implemented functions on several levels to ensure this. Both Planet Partners and the participants on the planets should always feel safe in their endeavors in Entropia Universe.

lol... so much for this being the safest online entertainment environment... it's about the, no it is THE unsafest online entertainment environment out there at the moment.

Last edited:
Booths Still do not appear to work!

What's sad about it is that support had to ask me if the booth still was not working recently. That's just plain bad. It means the folks behind the scenes really have no clue what the heck is going on in this virtual universe.

http://www.entropiaplatform.com/entropia-platform/security/

lol... so much for this being the safest online entertainment environment... it's about the, no it is THE unsafest online entertainment environment out there at the moment.

are you sure its just not your computer the other 3 booths around you seem to be working fine are you able to drop a shopkeeper? could you maybe up a video

are you sure its just not your computer the other 3 booths around you seem to be working fine are you able to drop a shopkeeper? could you maybe up a video
The 3 other booths have the same problem I think... The stuff has been there sitting there in those 3 booths the whole time that the bug has been going on.

The bug keeps you from putting items in the estates. It does not keep you from having what was there before the bug started from being taken out or sold. Guess that just goes to show you how slow sales can be sometimes, lol.

Don't think the stuff in any of those booths have sold since the first week in December when this whole fiasco started, or that the avatars owning those booths have tried to change what was there in that timespan or they would have noticed the issue by now too.

It is not just the booths I have the same problem with my shop, I cannot place more than 10 items and can't replace items. This is the same as someone shutting down your RL business, it hurts shop and booth owner profits as well as their customer base. What it does do however is give more attention to the buying and selling on the auction which profits MA due to the fees involved.

If a shop/booth owner cannot replace their items then not only do they lose customers and profits but they also run the risk of losing their suppliers too.

OMG have the same thing with my shop, anything that was in it can be sold (and most is now) but I cant put new items in it.... now my storage is blasting with ores and enmatters.... /cry

hope they fix this real soon

Yep, my shop is screwed up again for several days now. Oddly, the booth works though, and so do the apartments.

I hadn't bumped this thread since I had another thread on it. My best guess is it's a bug tied to the planet partner developer tools since screwups like this happened right when or in one week before Medusa Head was made live, and now has happened when Arkadia went live, and happened earlier when vu 10 was implemented... I REALLY HOPE they fix this and don't let it keep happening each and every blasted time a planet partner adds content.

Here's what the estate terminal at my shop looks like currently:

It's like instead of putting real number of items and item max in they simply moved the inside max to the outside counter or some oddball thing like that?

Last edited:
Shopkeeper in the window works, but thats all...

PLS FIX THIS MA

Well I just checked today because of the patch and guess what, still not fixed.

We each know how much money we have put into this game, we play because we enjoy the game and yes there are some of us who treat our shops like they are our RL business because they do generate a bit of PED. Some of us have spent months gaining relations with traders and other suppliers, some of us do the trading ourselves. No matter how it is done each shop/booth owner spends large amounts of time and sometimes large amounts of PED and we deserve to expect swift action when we have a problem.

I got my WOW account hacked once and they had all my gear, gold and everything else back to me within the week. Drop a few Ks in this game and we get months of waiting on a solution:scratch2: All we can do however is send in complaints, so please send one in.

Well I just checked today because of the patch and guess what, still not fixed.

We each know how much money we have put into this game, we play because we enjoy the game and yes there are some of us who treat our shops like they are our RL business because they do generate a bit of PED. Some of us have spent months gaining relations with traders and other suppliers, some of us do the trading ourselves. No matter how it is done each shop/booth owner spends large amounts of time and sometimes large amounts of PED and we deserve to expect swift action when we have a problem.

I got my WOW account hacked once and they had all my gear, gold and everything else back to me within the week. Drop a few Ks in this game and we get months of waiting on a solution:scratch2: All we can do however is send in complaints, so please send one in.

I must say that it sucks to hear that it is not fixed yet...

But then again, to me it seems that MA just does not give a f*ck about some things :)

that bug is fixed for a while allready :wise:

that bug is fixed for a while allready :wise:

The one Mesh has a screen of? I came from FOMA less than a week ago and it was still busted. I have a feeling they were busted by MA to stop OA109 cheat, not sure though. Ppl started putting all their items in the door ways at FOMA because guess what, display points busted in front, unfixed for im guessing close to a year.

What I wonder, are all the owners who put their stuff in the doors because their shop was busted, now exploiting a bug because the hall is full? Oh who will get banned next for a bug and possibly exploit MA has known about for long time and no fixxy.

The one Mesh has a screen of? I came from FOMA less than a week ago and it was still busted. I have a feeling they were busted by MA to stop OA109 cheat, not sure though. Ppl started putting all their items in the door ways at FOMA because guess what, display points busted in front, unfixed for im guessing close to a year.

What I wonder, are all the owners who put their stuff in the doors because their shop was busted, now exploiting a bug because the hall is full? Oh who will get banned next for a bug and possibly exploit MA has known about for long time and no fixxy.

You may be on to something. I think one of the shops down the hall from mine focused on Oreamps.

omg. lol. it seems it got fixed in a few places..

Back