Info: Mayhem Mission Bug

Pioneer|SDS

Provider
It has come to our attention that there is a bug in the Mayhem mission. The bug seems to be triggered when in Category 1 and killing Cornundacauda Stalker or Prowler.

We will fix this bug as soon as possible. Expected time for the fix is around Monday morning (office hours and UTC). Until then, avoid hunting Cornundacauda Prowler and Stalker.

Because of the bug, we will push the end date of Mayhem by 24 hours.

We are very sorry about the situation and we sincerely apologize for it.

I guess i have wasted a few hours online today then thinking that we in category 1 will get a later start time, no merry mayhem for me then.

presumably only for the effected catagory? i do hope a mesage has gone out online either way, not everyone reads here especially when they are trying to speed grind mayhem mobs.

and what about the people that have already spent hundreds of peds on ammo, to kill 100's of mobs and now those don't count. :mad::mad::mad:

Would also like some clarification as to whether this 24 hour extension will affect all categories or just category 1 etc.

Also as has been said, a message online or in Client loader would be needed also

Would also like some clarification as to whether this 24 hour extension will affect all categories or just category 1

Ditto and asap please :rolleyes:

FAIL (message too short)

could be useful some explanation what should we do now, cancel MM mission and take it again from Carl Fucker or category will be changed to correct one on Monady morning?

Can someone clarify if we can shoot as normal and not paying attention to the mission screen and be sure that FPC sorts the points out later. Or do we really need to wait until the go signal on monday morning???

Beceause avoiding prowler and stalker isn't really an option in a mixed spawn.

Smartiez

Category 3 is wrong to

Smartiez

From what pioneer said the bug only affects category 1 and I would presume other categories carry on as normal. However that's just a guess an official word on this would be useful

If the total time of 30 hours stands. A day longer only means we can spread it a bit more.
So i presume the end time is now 31 december 23:59.
With 30 hours of total hunting between 26 december 00:00 and 31 december 23:59.

Like asked before please confirm if this is for all categories or only the bugged ones: category 1 and category 3.

Cheers
Siam

someone else in cat3 that have this problem?

Good stuff, hunting on new years eve.

I think I'n gonna go out, instead, cheers :)

Can someone clarify if we can shoot as normal and not paying attention to the mission screen and be sure that FPC sorts the points out later. Or do we really need to wait until the go signal on monday morning???

Smartiez

Since the mission tracks the points, do pay attention to the mission screen.

its not just on prowlers and stalkers

I'd just like to reiterate that the bug occurs for other maturities. I logged on, shot my first mission mob (and Old) and got the bug.

So we cant just restart the mission and avoid the prowlers/stalkers.

It has come to our attention that there is a bug in the Mayhem mission. The bug seems to be triggered when in Category 1 and killing Cornundacauda Stalker or Prowler.

We will fix this bug as soon as possible. Expected time for the fix is around Monday morning (office hours and UTC). Until then, avoid hunting Cornundacauda Prowler and Stalker.

We are very sorry about the situation and we sincerely apologize for it.

I don't get how this even can happen ... sigh .. (oh, and yes, I'm not a noob in QA & SDLC for dev env.)

Keep the mission.

That's fine...
what about the people who have not encountered the bug yet...should they be hunting until get the bug.....and then stop?
What about ohter Categoty?

Since the mission tracks the points, do pay attention to the mission screen.

Do you really think your responses are adequate.

A lot of ppl have invested a lot of time and money to do this and you put out that quote.

Please clarify

• Are all categories bugged ?
  • Is the 24 hour extension for all categories ?
  • Should be not participate until this is fixed ?

Also, if this will not be looked at until start of work on Monday you have no idea when this will be fixed so saying wait until Monday to start is BS.

You really need to get a grip and understand your player base better and understand what we are thinking and doing and stop only thinking of this from your persepctive.

Regards

Zyloc

i think there's only one thing to say about this...

EPIC FAIL !

I can't believe this!
Are you saying that all the mobs i already shot do not count? What has been pushed 24h on? The start of the event, the end, or both???

Please answer ASAP.
Thanks.

And please bare in mind that people had a lot of work to get organized for this, and schedules are very tight! It is not easy to find enough time during these family holidays, + i have a newborn that requires constant care, and my play time is considered a luxury which i cannot afford to waste because of things like that!!!!

I don't get how this even can happen ... sigh .. (oh, and yes, I'm not a noob in QA & SDLC for dev env.)

It happens because MA/FPC are, as past events have shown, as professional as a drunk 5 year old.

if we are adviced to "keep mission" I believe all points taken before bug will be counted in by MA/FPC

Ruined??

What if you carried on hunting thinking things would be be ok and leveled up into the next catagory bracket through natural skilling, because you would now be in next catagory up when you fix it to score points, would you then have to change mob or be allowed to carry on in the original catagory?

Bit messed up if you now have to change catagorys and have already killed few hundred mobs that would have counted and wasted a ton of ped setting up for it and must now compete w/ people way more skilled than you.

Very intrested as to this answer as it would mean MM these past 2 years sucked and killed off the event for alot of people 2 years running.

Could it be related with bugged SIB periods?
I mean if system is thinking we have higher professional standing, this would explain SIB bug also. And it was reported long enough to prevent what is happening now....

May I add. This thread has been helpful........... Pioneer pls elaborate on your posts to give us the information needed. As has been said a lot of effort and peds have been put into this event before any shot was fired. Im not going to pick over the thread for all the questions that need answering as im sure u know which they are.

A 24 hour extension into a buggy contest that isn't free isn't not going to work,you either need to cancel affected classes and restart it properly and compensate those competing, the other option would be server rollback which i assume isn't possible

Back