MA & FPC, MARCO Please respond to the community!

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
This is a simple request to MA and FPC. If you have been looking at the forum, there are more and more threads concerned with many issues and lack of response from MA or FPC.

We are your customers, we use your gaming service and deposit money in-game to play and acquire items. We have many questions and are very concerned that there is no response from you. Please employ someone to answer our questions so we can feel more confident depositing and allowing you to make a profit and a great game.

We are the community that keeps this game going, we are here in this forum because we care about where this game is going and are worried about how certain decisions by MA/FPC are effecting the values of our in game items and they overall quality of the game.

Please read the forums and formulate a response that addresses the issues at hand!

UPDATE!! Thank you MARCO for the new Thread to answer our questions.

Cheers
Bjorn

Last edited:
I know its not a petition but i agree with this post!

To be fair, it's still early Sunday morning in Sweden.

As far as I'm aware, Hanne works part time.. I think it was Monday to Wednesday, but I'll leave it to her to confirm that.

Sometimes she'll pop into the forum when she's at home on other days, but I doubt that's part of her job requirements.

And I doubt responding to posts here is the only thing on her job description either, even when she IS at work.

I have no particular information about why there's been nothing posted here by FPC (its FPC's forum after all, not MA's) since January 15 (thats just 8 days ago) but there was a mention in the financial accounts about this:
Sales of Subsidiary
The process, for MindArk's subsidiary First Planet Company, to sell all rights to the planet Calypso continues according to plan. The deal is intended to be completed during the last quarter of 2010 and will lead to a capital gain for the MindArk Group of approximately 6 million USD. The Group will receive the payment in five parts until June 2011.

Now I've been thru a few 'restructures' here and there, and it's just possible that this might have kept the FPC staff pretty well loaded with meetings, and who-knows-what for a few days at least.

Also there are hints of an FPC release due in January (so presumably next week) which might be keeping them focussed on in-house stuff.

For heaven's sake, we used to go MONTHS without a post from anyone from MA or FPC.

Why the sudden panic attacks if someone isn't here responding for a few days ?

We got spoiled by Hanne in the past, and now we expect the same and better treatment. :wise:

Actually.....

according to the dev posts its been since 13th not 15th, so we are looking at in excess of 10 days. The issue is not JUST not replying to posts on forums, they are not replying to mail either. If they are busy far enough, however it is very easy to set your mail to auto-reply "We are very busy with blah blah blah at the moment we will reply as soon as we can". The fact that this has not been done shows either total contempt for us as customers (I can't believe ANY business would be that blind) or a MAJOR issue within the business, in which case we should be informed as customers.
Whatever the issue the fact is it would have been VERY simple to at least contact us and give us SOME info.
What is worrisome is that as customers with valid concerns we are not getting any response. If you had trouble with your electricity and you contacted your supplier you would be VERY annoyed if you couldn't get hold of them for over a week, although this is not as essential as electricity same principle of customer service holds.
Come on FPC lets at least get a response so a dialog with your loyal customers can be opened!!!!!

according to the dev posts its been since 13th not 15th, so we are looking at in excess of 10 days. The issue is not JUST not replying to posts on forums, they are not replying to mail either. If they are busy far enough, however it is very easy to set your mail to auto-reply "We are very busy with blah blah blah at the moment we will reply as soon as we can". The fact that this has not been done shows either total contempt for us as customers (I can't believe ANY business would be that blind) or a MAJOR issue within the business, in which case we should be informed as customers.
Whatever the issue the fact is it would have been VERY simple to at least contact us and give us SOME info.
What is worrisome is that as customers with valid concerns we are not getting any response. If you had trouble with your electricity and you contacted your supplier you would be VERY annoyed if you couldn't get hold of them for over a week, although this is not as essential as electricity same principle of customer service holds.
Come on FPC lets at least get a response so a dialog with your loyal customers can be opened!!!!!

Ah, I checked the DevPosts .. and I didn't notice that it was a private forum (that you wont have access to) that Hanne posted in on 15Jan.

I still think this level of panic after just a few days is unwarranted tho.

I suspect it's that you're relatively new, and you've only know the forum when the FPC people are posting every day or so. It wasn't always like that, as most older players are well aware.

Alpha, welcome to EU, lol. Get used to the company, be it MA, FPC, or otherwise, treating you like you don't exist.

It's how it works around here, it sucks, but it's unlikely to change anytime soon.

Going 10, 20, or 30 days without a comment on forum or response to a PM is nothing new and really no cause for alarm, especially given what's going on for them right now.

EU is still running, you can still play and make/lose peds same as always. The sky is not falling.

For heaven's sake, we used to go MONTHS without a post from anyone from MA or FPC.

Well that was
1. on a nonoffical forum called entropiaforum.com
2. We didnt had a communtiy manager back then.

I think ppl expect a bit more chatter with the dev due to the fact the forum has been labeled Official.

But euh panic attacks ?

I could agree with OP!:wise:

my guess, they do not communicate with us untill the deal with SEE comes through and they are pissed of we already know.

Agree with OP.

Glad to see one of the other PP's really care about the community tho :p not mentioning names, but there has been some serious connection to the players there.

FPC won't keep me for long if they keep on going like this lol

AH! The lack of communication.

At least it is better with EU atm than with AW ;)

Count yourselves lucky.

my guess, they do not communicate with us untill the deal with SEE comes through and they are pissed of we already know.

Probably right here ;)

All quiet till the deal has fully gone through is my guess or very limited communication.

Probably right here ;)

All quiet till the deal has fully gone through is my guess or very limited communication.

Let`s hope the Medusa deal didn`t negatively impact the outcome. Was a misfortunate series of events that lead to that moment. Investors who might have counter bidded stayed out of the bidwar and FPC lost 2-3mil ped. I think however outcome would have been totally different had FPC not been so greedy. The fact that they got away with last CP sale without offering a lot made them cocky and thought people will pay even crazier number for peanuts. Fact that DNAs weren`t new and no info on identical DNA from other places being removed made that Medusa much less attractive than it could have been and it made some potential bidders bail out. On top of that Medusa was announced to have unique shops and appartments without monthly fees but soon after they`ve also announced fee was to be removed from the game altogether, making medusa even less attractive and turning off investors.

Went little bit offtopic here but FPC communication kinda` stopped after that Medusa deal. Sure, there was a gz post from Hanne after that deal but it pretty much all went silent after that.

Last edited:
start panicking after a month. till then business as usual (month of no movement whatsoever)

Well we had a very strong week after MM with Pioneer, if only it had carried on.

No posts from Marco is another situation, it's been a very long time and I'm wondering if he is in the US sorting out SEE as his last post was 19 November - 2 months ago before then it was almost one per week (except august - september where he disappeared again).

At some point all the FPC staff make a disappearance from the forum these are the dates of their last posts according to their profiles.

Hanne - 12th January 2011 - last activity 27/09/2010
Pioneer - 5th January 2010
Frank - 13th December 2010
Marco - 19th November 2010
Simon - 15th September 2010 - last activity 26/11/2010
Justin - 4th December 2009
Emma - 7th - November 2008 - last activity 06/12/2010
Andreas - never posted

Yeah but not mention just forum..
I miss the Guides ingame also..
But that might be a history in the past...

I miss the Guides ingame also..

Hey!! we Guides/Advisers are still ingame and helping. If you refer to Emma/Simon they are very busy or they say they are. But they got different task now other then playing Guides. Thats why the Guide program / Adviser program was started until mentoring is back.

I agree, answers to some of the questions posted lately would help; one that came into my mind right now is the selling of cheap PEDs.
At least a quick "we're looking into it, will follow with updates" or something similar.

Hey!! we Guides/Advisers are still ingame and helping. If you refer to Emma/Simon they are very busy or they say they are. But they got different task now other then playing Guides. Thats why the Guide program / Adviser program was started until mentoring is back.

Oh i didnt rly know that.. I´ve been offline for a year and a half.. :ahh: sry

Its seems people are rather impatient...

What was the question? :scratch2:

Have you ever thought since they worked through the holidays on merry mayhem they might have taken some time off?

I just mentioned this in another thread but Ill mention it here as well,

I've been sick a while now but I'm going to try to catch up, if from home if I have to. Feel free to PM me if there's anything you guys and girls feel is urgent. I'm a bit drained of energy at the moment, hope you'll forgive me. :)

I've been sick a while now but I'm going to try to catch up, if from home if I have to. Feel free to PM me if there's anything you guys and girls feel is urgent. I'm a bit drained of energy at the moment, hope you'll forgive me. :)

Thank you for the reply. We hope you get better and see you back in the forum soon!

Cheers
Bjorn

Get Well Soon :)

Yep, when I call into work sick no one takes my place, they shut the doors, and just wait for me to get better. *rolls eyes*

Hanne, Being sick sucks and we all hate it, I hope you get well soon. However do the other people who work at FPC not know how to use a computer? This is FPC's OFFICIAL FORUM!! not Hanne's Official forum. If you are sick someone else should be checking the forums in your absence.

Back