Ideas to improve society terminal

Status
The Society Terminal must be one of the older interfaces in Entropia Universe, I think that remains unchanged since 2007 (I started in that year) or earlier. I have participated in more than one post on this subject, all with brilliant ideas, but I've never read a commentary on this subject from Mindark. Clearly is not a priority for them. However, the possibility of a proper administration of societies, with all the latest information of the members, make the task much easier for their leaders and improve the ability to retain the novice and reward frequent players. Mindark, tell us something about this subject...

Very good suggestions, imo :)

The social aspect of EU needs a boost atm, so now would be a good time to implement all this. Or some of it.

Except society leaders ability to see all members skills/stats. That should be optional, so ppl who wanna keep that secret, can choose to join a soc without that feature.

And it's just plain stupid, that avg skills is not calculated from TT value of skills, rather than just mere points.

Thanks guys for bumping this thread :)

Very good suggestions, imo :)

Except society leaders ability to see all members skills/stats. That should be optional, so ppl who wanna keep that secret, can choose to join a soc without that feature.

Yes, I agree that it should be optional, I'm not sure how I forgot to add that to the list. Edited and thanks :)

For the love of god update the freaking society terminal, it's ancient! :cussing:

Bump this thread up again :)

I like this thread
Bump it up ;)

Up with this thread :)

- Application: should be more complex(add date of entry into the game, max lvl in any prof, total skills)

- Add that soc leaders should be able to see each members total skill count OR add a feature so that players can choose who can see their skills in the soc (leader only, co-leaders, all etc.)

My preference would be to have everyone above a certain rank level in a soc (maybe above the 2 lowest levels, or make that a setting the soc leader can choose) be able to see everyone else's total skill count (and/or volume) and health level, and perhaps highest pro standing. It's not nice to discuss, but let's face it, some people lie. This provides a way for certain things to be completely above board so there will be no doubts. I've seen people chip out large amounts of skill and not tell anyone...

Also make similar information automatically included in an application. And have settings so that certain qualifications must be met to even file an application, so that socs don't get frivolous applications and don't have to set applications to "not accepting" just to not be bothered.

And bump!

my favourite ideas :)

- Show last activity of a player(time-day-month-year)

- Auto- not electable if member is inactive for more than 6 months (which will automatically invoke a new voting/leader and even disbanding the soc if nobody is left)

- Alliance: 3 socs could form an aliance(meaning they could have their own chat and cooperate this way, you could also add allies to your FL from terminal)

- Society list (no need to put all your society members in FL list, you can PM them from soc list and see if they are online or offline)

- Application: should be more complex(add date of entry into the game, max lvl in any prof, total skills)

- Add that soc leaders should be able to see each members total skill count OR add a feature so that players can choose who can see their skills in the soc (leader only, co-leaders, all etc.)

- Ability to notify all members with important information.

- make the rank titles customisable by the society leader

- Society Calendar (to mark events, meetings, birthdays, or other events)

- Society Storage, members put in items they can lend out

Thanks for adding more ideas xen, and thanks both of you for bumping.

I think it would be great if we could see maybe a small but active player base, than seeing many inactive dead societies. I hope I wont have to bump this thread for 10 years to get some of these features :)

Once again, I have to thank for the +REPs you guys are sending my way.

And a bump for more ideas :)

Some really good ideas there, +Rep

Didn't read whole thread, but not found in OP (sorry, if that was offered already, but denied):
- Ability to add/remove your own or any other Society to Estate/Vehicle/Space Ship guest list as one entry.
- Ability to turn on/off Soc chat write ability for all or custom members.

And also I didn't found this one:
Tax at LG

And personally I don't like those two:
- Auto-Delete(Disband) SOCIETY after ALL members are inactive for more than 6 months(should be done automatically, many dead socs in game :rolleyes:)
IMHO time frame should be equal to at least amount of time from EULA (in other words it should be longer).

- Minimum 10 members to be ranked.
I would prefer to low that to just one person, but instead of that make skill based requirement to create Society. It's already hard enough to create one-person Society for yourself, to avoid random invites from others (my goal). As well as RL friends based or RL family based (likes other peoples told me in other thread).

Last edited:
For the love of god update the freaking society terminal, it's ancient! :cussing:

Yeah once Mindark have implemented and improved Taming (they will, just don't know exactly when) this really, really does need to get the 2013 upgrade, that for example crafting received!

:yup:

Some really good ideas there, +Rep

Thanks

Didn't read whole thread, but not found in OP (sorry, if that was offered already, but denied):
- Ability to add/remove your own or any other Society to Estate/Vehicle/Space Ship guest list as one entry.
- Ability to turn on/off Soc chat write ability for all or custom members.

And also I didn't found this one:
Tax at LG

I am not denying any ideas, I'm adding the short ones and to the point from anyone. All 3 suggestions are great and no one suggested them yet so I will add them to the OP :)

And personally I don't like those two:
- Auto-Delete(Disband) SOCIETY after ALL members are inactive for more than 6 months(should be done automatically, many dead socs in game :rolleyes:)

IMHO time frame should be equal to at least amount of time from EULA (in other words it should be longer).

Could you please explain and tell me a reason why it should be so long? Wouldnt it be better to have only active societies in the soc terminal? Maybe I am missing something, so trying to get your view on this :)

- Minimum 10 members to be ranked.

I would prefer to low that to just one person, but instead of that make skill based requirement to create Society. It's already hard enough to create one-person Society for yourself, to avoid random invites from others (my goal). As well as RL friends based or RL family based (likes other peoples told me in other thread).

Creating a soc, and ranking a soc are 2 different things. I agree that societies should be possible with only 1 person. The suggestion is about having at LEAST 10 people to be ranked in TOP50 most skilled chart. People should be able to create any size of society (I would actually cap max it at 100 to be honest - more socs = more competition). Lowest could actually be just 1, I dont see a reason why it shouldn't but like I said in previous post, inactive should disband after max 6 months, so that we dont have 5000 socs due to many new people making a 1 person soc right away. What do you think about that?

I am not denying any ideas, I'm adding the short ones and to the point from anyone. All 3 suggestions are great and no one suggested them yet so I will add them to the OP :)
Thank you :)

Could you please explain and tell me a reason why it should be so long? Wouldnt it be better to have only active societies in the soc terminal? Maybe I am missing something, so trying to get your view on this :)
Sure, I think, what "life cycle" of Society should be equal to life cycle of it last member. Peoples could have different RL issues, that will prevent them from ability to log in etc. That way they will keep both their Avatar and Society.

Wouldnt it be better to have only active societies in the soc terminal?
I think it's possible to solve that issue, by adding one more option, that will allow you to remove Society from the list (still will be possible to find it via direct search).

Creating a soc, and ranking a soc are 2 different things. I agree that societies should be possible with only 1 person. The suggestion is about having at LEAST 10 people to be ranked in TOP50 most skilled chart. People should be able to create any size of society (I would actually cap max it at 100 to be honest - more socs = more competition). Lowest could actually be just 1, I dont see a reason why it shouldn't but like I said in previous post, inactive should disband after max 6 months, so that we dont have 5000 socs due to many new people making a 1 person soc right away. What do you think about that?
My bad, I thought, what you was talking about "qualification", not about "Top XXX" :ahh:
At the same time, if Top50 will be ranked based on summary of all members TT skills, it will be unimportant how much members it have - 1, 5, 10 etc. So, if they will change that, it would be better to remove that criteria as well.

It's been a while since I've bumped this :)

I read the whole thread. No comments from MindArk for 2! years
So they will not do anything. As usual :)

I read the whole thread. No comments from MindArk for 2! years
So they will not do anything. As usual :)

What do you think about the ideas? :) Or have any more to add to this great list?

Still nothing :)

One day baby we'll be old and think about the features that users to us told :)

Still nothing :)

One day baby we'll be old and think about the features that users to us told :)

It's probably the same story as with most software: The functionality was created a long, long time ago (in a far away...) by outsourced development who have since moved on. Nobody knows exactly how the code works and nobody feels particularly responsible or brave enough to touch it. And they would only touch it, if the existing system severely impacted their revenue (for example users stop playing EU en masse for any particular reason). That being said, it is great to have a collection point of any ideas that can improve the usability of a software system, as any ideas is better than none at all (or only Mindark ideas with any regard to the actual usage of the system).

Well thought out

Every point is excellent. Would love to see all of them.

A shame that your original ideas were posted back in 2011 and here in 2013 there is nary a whisper of change. Hope you continue to make the occasional support ticket referencing this forum to show the user base support of these ideas.

Last edited:
Good ideas and here's another one:

- Remove Society terminal altogether. Make it's menu and interface be accessible anywhere by a using a hotkey or action library action. Trade, repair and revive terminals have obviously a reason to exist, but the society interface wouldn't break anything by being accessible from anywhere.

Hi, this is my first post here...

I like the suggestions and I want the removal of the soc-terminal, too! In other games it's also realized by a Panel, why not here?

I like the suggestions and I want the removal of the soc-terminal, too! In other games it's also realized by a Panel, why not here?

Thanks for quating this. I totally missed this idea :)

From interview with Kim:

Bonnie: Ok so almost like a kinda skype chat in game type thing? Where you can add groups and all sorts?

Kim: yeah and it will have a more intuitive user interface that what you have right now, it will have a combat log as well I think, where all the combat messages are collected. Its not just a chat change, its changing other social aspects as well. Such as combining the many player lists, like player register, mentor register, friends list, into a combined social UI. Might combine society into that as well, removing the society terminal, making it a whole other UI. So that’s something we are spending a lot of resources on right now.

So yes, it seems it could come in the future. ;)

From interview with Kim:

Bonnie: Ok so almost like a kinda skype chat in game type thing? Where you can add groups and all sorts?

Kim: yeah and it will have a more intuitive user interface that what you have right now, it will have a combat log as well I think, where all the combat messages are collected. Its not just a chat change, its changing other social aspects as well. Such as combining the many player lists, like player register, mentor register, friends list, into a combined social UI. Might combine society into that as well, removing the society terminal, making it a whole other UI. So that’s something we are spending a lot of resources on right now.

So yes, it seems it could come in the future. ;)

oooOOOOOooooOOOooooOOOOOoooooooooOOOOO :eyecrazy: Well I hope it works out... better do it once and 100% then do it 10 times and its still half-finished :)

After 3 years of this threads existence THIS:

- Society list (no need to put all your society members in FL list, you can PM them from soc list and see if they are online or offline)

Was added :)

After 3 years of this threads existence THIS:

Was added :)

also this:
- Remove Society terminal altogether. Make it's menu and interface be accessible anywhere by a using a hotkey or action library action.

While the terminals are still ingame, the menu and interface can be accessed anywhere (which I've found very convenient).

Whatever you do add a "last seen online" information on socmates....pretty please... so we can keep our socs zombie-free... :(

Status
Back