Daikiba/Shinkiba

antonioliveira

Prowler
Society
Utopia
Aleph Levi Benzait
So a new breed of daikiba, the shinkiba have terminated all of their predecessors.

Wherever there were daikibas now we only see shinkibas and in my storage daikiba skulls have turned into shinkiba skulls. Even my daikiba skin has turned into shinkiba skin. But wait. Daikiba leather is still daikiba leather and so is wool and cloth.

I checked my texture book and there is still a daikiba leather texture. Then I tried to refine 3 shinkiba skins to see the end result but it just doesn't work.

So, where do we stand? Shinkibas are here to stay? Daikibas are gone for good or are they coming back later? Either way, materials and blueprints need to be adjusted and refining should be made possible.

As for daikibas I quite enjoyed those hairy lootless thingys.

and more important: why waste time in coding a new daikiba when a tons of other issues are still not fixed???

So a new breed of daikiba, the shinkiba have terminated all of their predecessors.

Wherever there were daikibas now we only see shinkibas and in my storage daikiba skulls have turned into shinkiba skulls. Even my daikiba skin has turned into shinkiba skin. But wait. Daikiba leather is still daikiba leather and so is wool and cloth.

I checked my texture book and there is still a daikiba leather texture. Then I tried to refine 3 shinkiba skins to see the end result but it just doesn't work.

So, where do we stand? Shinkibas are here to stay? Daikibas are gone for good or are they coming back later? Either way, materials and blueprints need to be adjusted and refining should be made possible.

As for daikibas I quite enjoyed those hairy lootless thingys.

XX Gently XX (probably others too) has posted that Daikiba can still be found, I think near Zeus was the location

I've also read they can now also be found on Rocktropia.

Daikibas are still in game, dropping their Daikiba's stuff
.. and they are counting towards 100 Shinkiba Iron Challenge

and more important: why waste time in coding a new daikiba when a tons of other issues are still not fixed???

Every time MA introduce another new (useless and lootless) mob, people go hunt it and MA gets extra income

The question is, why would they waste time to fix issues? :)

I just spent some time on the Shinkiba Wave spawns north of Cape Corinth. There were over 100 Prowlers and Stalkers spawned in the wave, I was the only avatar there. I killed every single one of them....about 6/100 gave loot? WTF! Why are these mobs here, sorry one dropped a 50% decayed Coloniser harness.... Cheers for that! :mad:

I have to agree, why did they waste time coding the Shinkibas when so much other shit needs fixing! Like my grey coloured black high x jacket!

I have to agree, why did they waste time coding the Shinkibas when so much other shit needs fixing! Like my grey coloured black high x jacket!

shinkibiaz = creates income

your jacket doesn't...

I hate their prioritizing

It is as i said before, RT doesn't earn ND any cash, hence MA is desperately trying to make RT more popular - on the expense of calypso (probably they tell SEE that they'll benefit from a working RT in the long run)

MA, stop it - you will kill both planets with this shit - RT is a boring theme planet and only a handful of calypsians will leave a sci-fi planet to play in a perverted version of graceland!

New planet partners were SUPPOSED TO BRING THEIR OWN PLAYERS, not dragging them off of other planets!!

Let RT grow on it's own - if it is not able to survive w/o your help let it die - or you will have to force feed this orphanized planet to other planets colonists for all eternity.

I just spent some time on the Shinkiba Wave spawns north of Cape Corinth. There were over 100 Prowlers and Stalkers spawned in the wave, I was the only avatar there. I killed every single one of them....about 6/100 gave loot? WTF!
Why are these mobs here...

Simple... to earn decay, from YOU.

flashing_down_arrow.gif

shinkibiaz = creates income

your jacket doesn't...

I hate their prioritizing

No time has been wasted coding the shinkiba, because you don't need a coder to make a creature. You just need an artist (possibly two: a 3D artist and a 2D artist), an animator, a balancer, a writer, a QA manager, possibly a mission scripter if there's a new mission in the mix, and a sound artist involved. Those guys wouldn't be able to code anyway, because they're not coders.

No time has been wasted coding the shinkiba, because you don't need a coder to make a creature. You just need an artist (possibly two: a 3D artist and a 2D artist), an animator, a balancer, a writer, a QA manager, possibly a mission scripter if there's a new mission in the mix, and a sound artist involved. Those guys wouldn't be able to code anyway, because they're not coders.

No offence but, instead you wasted the time of 3D artist, 2D artist, an animator, a balances, a writer, a QA manager and possible a mission scripter. Instead of redoing creatures that are already in game, maybe you should waste time on finishing those places you call cities. Maybe it’s time SDS and Mindark start working together instead of pointing the finger at each other.

If you two can’t, I fear you will be looking for a new job soon. In case you didn’t notice, there is no magic player base to safe your behind on this one. After almost two years there has been very little done. The entire future of Entropia Universe, SDS, ND and Mindark is riding on this one. And your time is running out !

Or start reading here, http://www.gamesindustry.biz/jobs/?search=9050

Saying there is no coding at all when implementing a new creature? o_O

ofc there is a tiny bit coding, at least from MAs side, in order to implement it but as you say the most of the time hasn't been coding at least..

I have a question... Does anyone at SDS code or are you all just creating stuff graphically? Like CE2 Sandbox and/or other 3d/2d progs...

Oh another question, what happened to the community manager? :p Havn't seen her around for a while (I think at least.. :p)

Warning - This post contains a positive message!

Well, Chug's Hideout got completely remade - it's a proper hideout now - along with missions and a back story that ties into the new (and I assume) proprietary Shinkibas. There was also a good bit improvement to a number of areas, including the return of the infrastructure to support space ships, which are quite obviously imminent.

Is Calypso complete? No. Has MA restored every system? No. Have deadlines come and gone? Yes. But to say nothing has been done, nothing has changed, and nothing has improved is to deny reality.

I think the new and updated Calypso content has been consistently good and getting better. I think the remade systems, when finally re-introduced by MA, have all been improvements over their predecessors. I think the struggles that the new planets have encountered highlight the difficulty of the task - and that future planets will undergo struggles of their own. I think the fuck-ups that have accompanied the introduction of RT and NI are growing pains that are an inevitable part of doing something truly new. Hell, I think that good things come to those who wait, and and that the early bird gets the worm.

And yes - I think that some things have been done that seem wrong, stupid, unwanted, or contrary to what I personally think is good. In time I may find that I missed the reasoning, or that I was correct in my judgement. But you know what? It's not about me.

MA is working to make the platform functions that work for a diversity of worlds, and trying to balance the economy across those worlds. This is a monumental task, and they will make more mistakes along the way, but mistakes are one of the costs of ambition.

Calypso has been undergoing constant change in the 4 years I have been here, and that is fulfillment of the singular promise that was held out when I arrived as a colonist, a pioneer - that change would be the one constant, that Calypso would never be complete, and that it would a journey, not a destination. (That is all one thing.)

Call me a fanboi all you want (although I prefer optimist) but with a long view and an open mind I see much that is positive and I continue to find new ways (and rediscover some old ones) in which to enjoy what Calypso has to offer. I do look forward to what future developments come our way - some expected and some surprising - while making the most of what is available to me now. I do look back fondly on old times, usually with the rose tinted glasses we all possess. That said, and this may be the result of being an old fart, the present races by faster all the time. Worrying about what it not yet here, or dwelling on what has come and gone, is time better spent on experiencing the here and now.

Work's for me.

:beerchug:

Miles

Are you the retard who came up with this?

I know this is the answer you have to give. But seriously do you think this is what most players wanted? The ones that might are willing to accept anything that comes their way or are too new to know what has been missing for almost 2 years, not to mention the abundance of bugs that need to be fixed. If you got some say at SDS (ma headquaters?) tell them that this update was really a waste of time, effort, and money.

I know people are hunting, grabbing missions, etc but seriously after the hype dies in a week its going to be just another conversation piece creature. Could of done something else I think. Reskinning and Renaming creatures isn't the way to go. We are smart enough to see this for what it is.

kosmos

Well, Chug's Hideout got completely remade - it's a proper hideout now - along with missions and a back story that ties into the new (and I assume) proprietary Shinkibas. There was also a good bit improvement to a number of areas, including the return of the infrastructure to support space ships, which are quite obviously imminent.

Is Calypso complete? No. Has MA restored every system? No. Have deadlines come and gone? Yes. But to say nothing has been done, nothing has changed, and nothing has improved is to deny reality.

I think the new and updated Calypso content has been consistently good and getting better. I think the remade systems, when finally re-introduced by MA, have all been improvements over their predecessors. I think the struggles that the new planets have encountered highlight the difficulty of the task - and that future planets will undergo struggles of their own. I think the fuck-ups that have accompanied the introduction of RT and NI are growing pains that are an inevitable part of doing something truly new. Hell, I think that good things come to those who wait, and and that the early bird gets the worm.

And yes - I think that some things have been done that seem wrong, stupid, unwanted, or contrary to what I personally think is good. In time I may find that I missed the reasoning, or that I was correct in my judgement. But you know what? It's not about me.

MA is working to make the platform functions that work for a diversity of worlds, and trying to balance the economy across those worlds. This is a monumental task, and they will make more mistakes along the way, but mistakes are one of the costs of ambition.

Calypso has been undergoing constant change in the 4 years I have been here, and that is fulfillment of the singular promise that was held out when I arrived as a colonist, a pioneer - that change would be the one constant, that Calypso would never be complete, and that it would a journey, not a destination. (That is all one thing.)

Call me a fanboi all you want (although I prefer optimist) but with a long view and an open mind I see much that is positive and I continue to find new ways (and rediscover some old ones) in which to enjoy what Calypso has to offer. I do look forward to what future developments come our way - some expected and some surprising - while making the most of what is available to me now. I do look back fondly on old times, usually with the rose tinted glasses we all possess. That said, and this may be the result of being an old fart, the present races by faster all the time. Worrying about what it not yet here, or dwelling on what has come and gone, is time better spent on experiencing the here and now.

Work's for me.

:beerchug:

Miles

...erm...too much to read but i agree that we should be allot more positive in general :)

I can't understand what people are so angry about? FPC/SDS seems to have a strategy to step by step remake some of the old pre cryengine mobs and terrain, is that not a good thing? If we have a new grahpic engine should they not try to remake some of the mobs to make them look better?

I can't understand what people are so angry about? FPC/SDS seems to have a strategy to step by step remake some of the old pre cryengine mobs and terrain, is that not a good thing? If we have a new grahpic engine should they not try to remake some of the mobs to make them look better?

Well I do like the new exarosaur, it looks soo much more 3d now. But replacing a mob that was one of the first to grace project entropia is not the way to go. Mindark/fpc already took our whole planet away and replaced with something else, replacing the mobs we got to love over the years is the wrong direction. The shinkiba is not a Daikiba, just as a maffoid is not a biffoid. People get attached to things.

let me give another analogy to explain.
I like counterstrike. once in a while I play counterstrike. There is also counterstrike source. But counterstrike source is not counterstrike. But I can still play counterstrike. I can no longer play project entropia.

Deleting a whole planet and replacing it with something graphically superior may be the way to go from a game developers view. But I bet I am not the only one who misses the old calypso. the new calypso may be graphically superior, but I miss the atmosphere that the old planet had. Remains of corpses lying about remembering us of the great robot war, and skeletons when you got too close to spiral mountains (where the huge spiders used to roam)
Sure the zichion citadel does still exist, but all the crashed tanks and destroyed robots that surrounded it are not.
The depth and atmosphere of the old planet and the details it had (jason's mask in a corner at jason's centre.. jason is nothing more than a dlx service centre now, it used to be a small city). That's all gone.
See should think back at what made project entropia so successfull, and recreate some of that detail and atmosphere. Think about what a the player would like to see when exploring the planet and not about the money for once.

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but there are a few daikibas (mixed with bercs) just run northeast of Fort Zeus through the gates. Note though that they don't count for the (shinkiba) missions.

As for the rename and redesign, well the positive side is that they look a bit closer to "Katang".

Maybe FPC could put a spawn of daikiba on some remote location? Like the hidden island where the "cube" used to be?

Well I do like the new exarosaur, it looks soo much more 3d now. But replacing a mob that was one of the first to grace project entropia is not the way to go. Mindark/fpc already took our whole planet away and replaced with something else, replacing the mobs we got to love over the years is the wrong direction. The shinkiba is not a Daikiba, just as a maffoid is not a biffoid. People get attached to things.

Yes, i can understand and agree some of the issues with remaking and replace stuff, they are part of the history. I agree, they should not change the mobs too much, just update the grahpic. But the thruth is that if we have a lot of the old looking mobs around the planet, new players will think "thats an uggly looking mob". By replacing the Daikiba with the Shinkiba, but still have the old Daikiba left on some places they can do a replace a mob, but still keep the old mob in a lesser amount.

I think MA and FPC should stop listening community...

People whine when FPC create first mob which looks like it could be USED in TAMING... and you could RIDE it.. when the system is up... so FPC please, stop giving us candies.. release some half crappy mob when MA gives you taming system and just feed your salary from fixing someones clothes... ok?

Or do you think we deserve more? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but there are a few daikibas (mixed with bercs) just run northeast of Fort Zeus through the gates. Note though that they don't count for the (shinkiba) missions.

Haven't found any from Fort Zeus to the NE outpost. Went there and back again. No berycleds and no daikibas there. A few neconus and the annoying blue birds.

let me give another analogy to explain.
I like counterstrike. once in a while I play counterstrike. There is also counterstrike source. But counterstrike source is not counterstrike. But I can still play counterstrike. I can no longer play project entropia.

Deleting a whole planet and replacing it with something graphically superior may be the way to go from a game developers view. But I bet I am not the only one who misses the old calypso. the new calypso may be graphically superior, but I miss the atmosphere that the old planet had. Remains of corpses lying about remembering us of the great robot war, and skeletons when you got too close to spiral mountains (where the huge spiders used to roam)
Sure the zichion citadel does still exist, but all the crashed tanks and destroyed robots that surrounded it are not.
The depth and atmosphere of the old planet and the details it had (jason's mask in a corner at jason's centre.. jason is nothing more than a dlx service centre now, it used to be a small city). That's all gone.
See should think back at what made project entropia so successfull, and recreate some of that detail and atmosphere. Think about what a the player would like to see when exploring the planet and not about the money for once.

Amen to that. I was looking forward to the CryEngine update to see how MA/FPC/WhoeverIdontcareanymore had remixed the planet to make it look better with CryEngine. But instead I got an entirely new world, ten times larger in size or something.

Atlantis with the biodomes and museum: Gone
Minopolis with it's mountain landscape and maze-ish village: Gone
Jason Center and aforementioned mask: Gone
Hadesheim where I could run around and explore for fun many times: Replaced by a crater due to laziness
Twin Peaks and the surrounding areas: Gone and replaced by a canyon
The fields north of Fort Troy: Gone and replaced by volcanoes and armaxes replaced with araneatrox
The famous Araneatorx island full of Kanerium next to troy: Gone
The Faucervix isle south of atlantis: Gone
PvP1 : Gone, and moved to a random location that has nothing with it to do.
Oilrig: Turned into a warzone
All the umbranoid villages: Gone
Thorifoid Temple: Gone
The village on amethera with Diripi Statues, canyons and small houses: Gone
The island with the moose statue which was created by a swedish famous artist: Revamped with noob style crap

To me, the game died with CryEngine. And even though the core mechanics are the same, the Project Entropia feeling isn't. There are no areas that remind me of all good times I spent here before. Fort Troy looks a bit like it did before. Some parts of Ithaca and Nyphtown too. And then I only talk about the cities, not the surroundings.

But other than that? No more Project Entropia. And that makes me sad. On the wall I have a painting I printed and framed, from east of Twin Peaks in the old PE where I got a 18.000 ped Daikiba Prowler HoF once. To me, that painting has now risen in value since I can see parts of a game that doesn't exist anymore.

And for thar reason too, I find my "Pre-Platinum Rock" video on YouTube even better now too. As well as all older videos. They awaken a nostalgy in me that no longer exist in this game.

It is for this reason I now play Everquest II most of my days instead. That, and the affordability of course. There are changes brewing in that game too now which worries the players (revamps of the two major cities) but overall, the game is the same now as it was in the old days, but with more content. I hope Sony doesn't screw it up the same way.

My thoughts on the removal of Daikiba? and the stated reasons for doing so? and on the resources/man power (but not coders - heaven forbid THEIR time gets wasted, especially not when 3 or 4 other equally skilled personel's time could be wasted instead) spent on replacing a mob that didn't need to be replaced, and that no one (to my knowledge) had asked to be replaced?

Why, Thankyou! Thankyou very much!

Wistrel

Video courtesy of Mr McCormick - used without permission ;)

PS were the smugglers responsible for the disappearance of the Umbranoids too? (oh wait no, that was due to "a missing code" - of course, yes... I remember now... -_-***)

Daikibas are back, and shinkibas still roam Calypso.

Two skin types that look exactly the same. Unfortunately shinkiba skin cannot be refined, and even if it could it has no apparent use.

Go figure...:scratch2:

Back