Make the walls in apartments, shops and so on (C)

Audrey Cheery Cheerful
A recent rep message about wallpapers in space ships gave me this idea: Why not make the walls in apartments, shops and so on (C)? This way people can customize them with colors and textures. That should earn MA and the PPs some nice PEDs too, especially with the girls who like to redecorate often!

:girl:

interesting idea, but not sure how I feel about this one. It would suck if the previous owner painted the walls and you couldn't get rid of the paint since you have bad skill level in coloring?

Solution, when dead is sold the apartment resets to original color/texture :lolup:

Hmm, could be problem if you only borrow a apartment ofc, but I am hurre MA fix somehow.
If they like the idea ofc...

At least sometimes i can be inspiring :laugh:. Yes i like the idea.

@MM i think for bleaching skills don't matter. Could be wrong though

interesting idea, but not sure how I feel about this one. It would suck if the previous owner painted the walls and you couldn't get rid of the paint since you have bad skill level in coloring?

just bleach it or ask someone with color skills to help out :painter:

A recent rep message about wallpapers in space ships gave me this idea: Why not make the walls in apartments, shops and so on (C)? This way people can customize them with colors and textures. That should earn MA and the PPs some nice PEDs too, especially with the girls who like to redecorate often!

:girl:

not sure how it could work, maybe have some "Wallboards" that cover the walls completely when you put them there, that way crafters could craft it and you can carry it to a colorer/texture to get it customized :girl:
could even decay a bit everytime its put up/down but that way you can have red walls for christmas, yellow walls in summer , white or icy blue walls in winter etc.

to change wall in shop its 25 000 ped if i remember good....

It would be just like real life, with people perhaps attracted to or put off buying a place based on its decor.

Selling thousands of tins of neutral colours at TP. :cool:

no. decay is on the tool not on the bleached item.

Some items (like vehicles) really do decay when bleached, remember? For apartment walls the decay could just come out of bleaching tool. I am not suggestiong Apartment Wall (L,C)! ;) The question remains, tho, what to put into the coloring tool. Maybe just the apartment deed.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I agree one should be able to color/texture this, making your shop/app/whatever unique after ones own taste.

As always there is discussion back and forth. Then something struck me as I was reading this post:
If this was Arkadiaforum, Dave the CEO would probably have answered this post already. Not just with empty words, but with clear yes/no.

Then something struck me as I was reading this post:
If this was Arkadiaforum, Dave the CEO would probably have answered this post already. Not just with empty words, but with clear yes/no.

Well the problems are that this is not Arkadiaforum, and it really depends on if it is something he can respond to with a clear yes/no or if it is something he must ask MA about because this would be a MA-developed system, meaning he would have to present the idea to MA first and get an answer after that.

Well the problems are that this is not Arkadiaforum, and it really depends on if it is something he can respond to with a clear yes/no or if it is something he must ask MA about because this would be a MA-developed system, meaning he would have to present the idea to MA first and get an answer after that.

Hmm, I guess I was unclear. Would never expect Dave/any Planet Arkadia official to answer questions on Planet Calypso's forum-

My point, although off topic, was simply to state how different things are handled on the two forums. Here:
Very little feedback (if any). There (arkadiaforum), even the CEO replies with clear answers. Basically I was just pointing my finger at MA saying "Look, why can't you be like that?!?"

EDIT: I feel like a troll:) Guess bad loot can do that to me.

Last edited:

I think its an OK idea. after all, bleaching does not take skills.

It would be neat idea. Might also be neat if there was patterns like in other colorable things. No more having to blow tons of item slots to build a dance floor or a ton of little wall hanging items to block off a window. Just paint one area a wood color on the floor and tint the window or something similar.

This about the closest we got to any of this sort of thing now as far as walls go...

Image.aspx

Image.aspx

Image.aspx

The paintings come close too, but they are almost too darn big, and are really too rare for general useage as walls.

I have seen some of the above used in some interesting ways by quite a few estate owners, but it's obvious that it's not a real wall. 3 trons in a row come close - a little trick I learned from Auktuma, but it's just not the same. The soji is way too short to count as a wall, but Sidney does a pretty good job with his shop. Actually, Sidney uses some Signs as walls too, and I think some others do likewise. They are big and black so are one solid color, but it's still noticible that it's not a real wall or anything close to one.

Last edited:
Back