Entropia Universe 12.0.0 Release Notes

Just another in long row of MF nerfs

Im deeply pissed.
Seems MA dont know that wormhole didnt work at all before this VU and dont work after VU too.
I was owner of one of first hangars and i know its price.
I invested at least 10 times more in chips and even more in MF skills.
Just to be unable to use MF for more than one year and after to get badly nerfed chips.
Hangars owners got some refund from tping at least.
After VU10 wormhole didnt work as we used to and from same areas and spots it worked before.
Now few monts it didnt work at all.
And with this VU seems also TP chips will not work ( in pvp - i mean in space )
For what i skilled to be able to use TP chip VII or wormhole chip lol?
Instead of further development i see only nerfs trought long years.

As someone who would just like to migrate from one planet to another, where do I go and how do I go about catching an interplanetary passenger ship ????

From the sound of it I'm kinda glad I've been without internet for a year... at least I didn't waste PEDs skilling just to get nerfed ;-) But in either case I still think space sounds fun.

Does this sound expencive?

[/LIST]

As a miner, this makes me happier than anything I've seen about this release so far :yay:

It seems to me that Calypso will be crowded for some time...

Atleast bring back the Mulmun Elite or Longtooth!

Well looks like I'll go back to EVE Online for my internet spaceships fix. Lootable PVP in RCE blows.

Glad I brought all my stuff back from Arkadia last night. Wanted to buy an apartment over there but oh well....

Didn't see the full-on PVP coming (so to those who did - "You're were right, I was wrong.") but I am not freaking out. It will take some time to see how it works out, but I'll venture out there when I get a booster. As this is just the beginning of space, with just three types of spacecraft, no hyper-space, etc., the situation will continue to evolve. It going to be interesting to see how it really plays out, and where the opportunities are.

:beerchug:

Miles

Well, for me this is just additional motivation to obtain enough skills to be able to join a nice soc that does space pvp.

:wtg:

talk about a hazard, but keeps it interesting i guess :) time to start honing my fighter skills in any event, i think a sleip may be be bit too slow for this kind of space ;)

Selling tickets to space!!!

(or to the nearest revival after some clown PK's you)

Sound like fun?? :dunno:

I'd say we'll get another update ina bout 2 weeks with space non lootable....people complained a lot about the tiering thing that needed second item and that's gone....keep complaining and they'll push the button

They tried this on earth... a few hundred years ago.

Yeah, the 16th-18th century transatlantic/spice trade experience may well have some lessons for MA.

How do you cope with vast spaces, valuable cargoes and nasty pirates and privateers? You invent:

1. huge trading companies - Dutch VOC, English East India Company - owned by the rich players;
2. shared ship ownership (1/8, 1/16, 1/32 shares) - for the middle players;
3. insurance.

Space might need some of the above to ensure a robust RCE.

:wise:

Last edited:
The only opportunity presented here is for PK'ers, plain and simple.

I also see a lot more PED required of traders because they would essentially have to make frequent trips, rather than load up with a lot of materials to transport to another planet, or to trade in space.

Everywhere I look there's an added expense that makes this game harder and harder to play.

• if you travel with your own VTOL, you must add a (L) thruster in order to get into space - and - you now have to add something else (welding wire) to your ship repair kit in order to use it

• if you don't want to use your own ship, then it's going to cost you to travel with someone else and it's going to be interesting to see how those prices get established

• in both scenarios, you will be taking a risk having to travel through lootable PvP, because you know there are many who will be out there just waiting to catch your ass for sure

• not to mention that some are already advertising for informants to let them know via PM when someone is heading into space so they can attack them, and then give a % of the loot to the informant
I have nothing against advancement, nor that we have to become more strategic in our movements in space, but ... making all of space a lootable PvP zone is just ridiculous, because I foresee it becoming nothing but a PK harassment zone.

It's also going to create a time-delay in traveling from one planet to another, as well as every person in space taking a risk with what they have in their inventory that's lootable. What's the sense of establishing a trade business when you have to make frequent trips with very little materials on board - don't you think it will end up being incredibly costly and a deterrent?

Establishing new professions is one thing, and I can see how it could be fun to battle in space, but ... 100% of the player base is not in favor of this, and 100% of the player base is not engaged in, nor cares to be involved with PvP activities. I would even venture to guess that the majority don't engage in PvP activities.

This is making it incredibly difficult and far more costly for players who just want to enjoy the universe and have experiences on other planets without having to risk losing PEDs in the process. This is an RCE with real money that people deposit, and I would venture to say that you just cut off a lot of people from future enjoyment of this universe as they had anticipated it to be.

For example ... I travel to other planets for my media work, because years ago when this game got to the point where I couldn't justify the cost because I wasn't getting anywhere near anything reasonable with regard to bang for the buck, I created my own profession. It's not unlikely that I will have to travel to several planets in the course of writing for the EntropiaTimes magazine each quarter.

The current June issue represents just that - I wrote 4 articles that covered Calypso, Arkadia, Next Island, and Cyrene - granted Cyrene isn't live and Ed was generous with photos and content, but that's not always the case - I have to do my own work in that respect. This is absolutely going to put a cramp in my media activities for sure, and I'm not happy about it at all. I realize there are those who don't give a shit about the media stuff, and that's fine, but there are plenty who enjoy the magazine and other work that we do, which will actually become more integrated in role-playing, but you'll have to wait for that to find out what I mean - although with lootable PvP, I'm not sure how that's going to work now.

Sorry, but we should not have to battle in space and risk RL money to be able to enjoy space and other planets. I have no issue with certain zones of space being PvP or even lootable PvP, but not all of it - that to me just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. There should be an option to enter PvP just like there is on planets, and an option to be able to travel without PK harassment from one planet to another.

I just don't see in the long-run how this is going to end up being a good thing.

Planet Bound Auctions

To further spur the interplanetary travel and economy, the auctions will be bound to each planet. This means that you can still view auctions on all planets, but for you to place a bid on an auction or collect an item, you have to be on the specific planet.

How is this helping spur the interplanetary economy? Who's going to travel thru Lootable space with a big pile of crafting items?

Planet Bound Auctions

To further spur the interplanetary travel and economy, the auctions will be bound to each planet. This means that you can still view auctions on all planets, but for you to place a bid on an auction or collect an item, you have to be on the specific planet.

How is this helping spur the interplanetary economy? Who's going to travel thru Lootable space with a big pile of crafting items?

Items are not lootable, just stackables. At least in any version of lootable pvp in Entropia so far.

Well lets just hope that there is no choke points in space (like a gate you have to pass through to get to another sector)

or worse that you appear in the same location in space from a planet i.e. your entering space from Amethera but you end up at the same spot as if you entered from Eudoria. If it's not a space station / safe zone then it becomes a huge camping spot for pk'ers

Last edited:
Sorry, but am I right in thinking/ saying that only Motherships will be the only ones with gunners? So really the only ships you have to watch out for is a massive moving object (MMO). What I could see from the notes are that VTOLS will need an attachment to thrust out into space, so no more room for attachable guns? Same goes for the medium fighter or am I wrong here, could someone please explain? Cause really if all of space is lootable but only MS's have gunner positions then we have nothing to worry about for now at least you would have to be in range of the MS's gunners to be killed/ destroyed etc.

are you forgetting the new UL fighters MA have been handing out over the last week. No doubt we'll soon see bp's for the L version dropping very soon.

And tbh get 8-9 players with L fighters attacking a single section on a mothership and I doubt it will last long even if all the passengers are trying to repair it.

Motherships appear to be a massive target whereas a fighter coloured as dark as possible will be the best option for most to travel between planets.

Silly question is radar disabled in space? Or can we get stealth attachments for our ships?

are you forgetting the new UL fighters MA have been handing out over the last week. No doubt we'll soon see bp's for the L version dropping very soon.
Aklready discovered and fighters were crafted. Still i won't let anyone blow up a fighter which might cost thousands of PED depending on availability in space pvp

MindForce Restriction in Space

Mindforce teleportation, including wormhole, cannot be used on motherships or space stations.

Wait does this mean wormhole chips work again after a month or is it a bit useless info and nothing got fixed again?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but lootable pvp only applies to stackable items right? If so, then having lootable pvp in space shouldn't affect anyone unless they're carry stacks of ore or similar.

SO WTF???? we now need wire from RT to repair our vehicles?

way to make sure your stupid golden boy gets to keep his lame ass planet, gonna be alot of dead ass vehicles around
BAD JOB MA!!!!

ive been a fanboi for a long time MA, but this time you fucked up real good............lootable pvp? how are we supposed to start interstellar trading , with stuff you have to buy on other planets that you cant get to to use stuff you just made too expensive to use...

thank gods for Incarna, at least ill have something to do

Last edited:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but lootable pvp only applies to stackable items right? If so, then having lootable pvp in space shouldn't affect anyone unless they're carry stacks of ore or similar.

This is correct as I understand it, so if I should venture into space, I would never carry anything lootable, but ... it's not just about all of space being lootable PvP. Where the issue comes in for me is having to work against deadlines, as well as meeting up with people and planet partners on other planets in order to accomplish my media activities.

As things are right now, I would still be risking traveling through space and getting to my destinations on time and/or unscathed (meaning ... ship being PK'd, me being PK'd, reviving who knows where and having to make other arrangements to get where I need to go).

It also sounds way more costly as well, and not something that would become a frequent activity for sure.

Like I said ... I'm not against lootable PvP, or even PvP at all, but to have it cover all of space just doesn't make sense to me whatsoever.

To each his/her own! :wise:

way to make sure your stupid golden boy gets to keep his lame ass planet, gonna be alot of dead ass vehicles around
BAD JOB MA!!!!

On the contrary, MA have already killed and looted SDS, and now they are going after NDS by cutting off the biggest lifeline RT has.

The whole space, except in the parking zones outside the space stations, is a lootable PvP area where you can battle your opponents. To loot one or several avatars, after you have destroyed the ship, you have to kill them during the time the avatars are floating around in space - before they choke and return to a revive terminal. You can see the avatars from the markers visible above them.

I wonder if you can fight back whilst floating around? A rocket launcher could do quite a bit of damage given the chance.

So correct me if im wrong...I have to buy an expensive(i assume) thruster to enable my vtol to enter space where upon arriving i have the thrill of watching my expensive (L) adapted for space vtol get blown to bits by orbiting pvpers just waiting for the likes of me and my kind to enter space.then loot my bloating corpse in the hope of a few ped..
then i revive at a tp god knows where with no vtol and then have to pay to get back to a planet????:scratch2:

As much as this space fiasco annoys me, that comment, is what i'm thinking to.

Not to mention the fact it made me laugh :)

If I enter space in the most remote area I can get to and if that also means I enter space in a correspondingly remote area but can get inside the revival zone of the desired planets spacestation I'll just hit T and avoid pvp as much as possible or I could purposefully eject, die and appear at the desired space station which then allows me to tp down.

Either way I can save fuel and the possible loss of items.

If however I can only enter space via a safe zone which I'm forcibly taken to on entering space I'll have to make a run through the pk'ers armada camping it :(

Last edited:

Is that correct? ... that welding wire only comes from RT? Can someone confirm that please?

This brings up another thought for sure ... if some of the recipes for these new items require materials from other planets, it means that people will have to travel and transport materials to other planets in order to craft specific items.

If I were a crafter, or even a trader who provided a service to crafters for the materials they needed, I can see this becoming a very expensive AND risky venture.

Avatar 1: When will you be making your next trip to RT, I need some welding wire?
Avatar 2: I'll be heading that way this afternoon, how much welding wire do you need?
Avatar 1: Quite a bit, so here's 900 PED to get what you can.
Avatar 2: Ok, no problem, I'll catch up with you later when I get back.

LATER

Avatar 1: Hey there, I see you made it back, you got my welding wire?
Avatar 1: What does not exactly mean?
Avatar 2: We were attacked in space and didn't have enough firepower to defend the ship, so we ended up being PK'd and looted - we lost all stackables - sorry! :(
Avatar 1: Oh shit - well, that's the risk I guess. Do you have my 900 PED?
Avatar 1: What the hell does that mean?
Avatar 2: I provide a service, not a guarantee of the end result, and I don't have 900 PED that I can throw around, so we both lose.
Avatar 1: How do we both lose - I paid you for your services and you didn't deliver!
Avatar 2: That's space for ya! :dunno:

If I'm wrong about all of this, then I will be the first to be a big girl and admit it, but for now - I don't think I am - and I also think it's just a matter of time before we see threads popping up with some interesting content. :)

EDIT:

Not sure welding wire is considered a stackable, but you get the gist of where I'm going with this. It could very well be a service for anything that's stackable that you have to travel to another planet to get that might be in bigger supply than elsewhere.

Back