Quad-Wing interceptor - Pioneer $$$, how much and how many?

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Just noticed this flying baby on auction:

The Quad-Wing intercetor - Pioneer (UL!!)

If I'm not mistaken the first UL vehicle.

And a nice one also :)

Just hope it wont fall into the hands of some evil pk-ing pirate bastard! (Smiley of smiley in a spaceship)<-- can't someone make this one?

Just guessing, what would it go for?

10k?
20k?

or will it be mod fap prices?

Also, how many more will drop?

Some guesses? :confused:

hmm

8k max...
It might actually be cheaper to buy L ones. Vtols have been pretty cheap at some times, probably the same with the quads :)

this is the ship that the guy that killed the Shin HOF won.

8k max...
It might actually be cheaper to buy L ones. Vtols have been pretty cheap at some times, probably the same with the quads :)

Just 8k?

I'd buy it instantly if there was one for 8k on buy out.

The L versions (now) go for 2k. Just waste 4 ships and you made back the ped.

I think 20k+ would be more real.

Just 8k?

this is only the first of many UL ships, I think there will be several different kind of ships in the near future, cruisers, and others. Also, UL ships might become rewards for new events :)
Yes, right now the interceptor price is 2k, but those things change rather quickly. I think a more realistic price would be half of that, especially since I saw a bp on auction with 67 clicks :o:

It is a great little ship and its a shame MA wont release more UL fighters on auction. Whats it worth, well the highest bid so far for a Mothership is 70k, this one maybe 20-30K.....

Hard to say, as a named item it's unique, but what's the value of that in an MMO with the RL economy tanking?

my opinion is there won't be other unL fighter. there are 4 ingame, that's all.

My bet, 40k for Pioneer

maybe

maybe, but remember, you can't even use it for fighting... you can only attach 1 gun for the 2nd seat, the heavy porcupine52, which does like 114dmg?
the pilot has no gun! pretty hard to pk like that, while the vtol has 2 weapons...

this is only the first of many UL ships, I think there will be several different kind of ships in the near future, cruisers, and others. Also, UL ships might become rewards for new events :)
Yes, right now the interceptor price is 2k, but those things change rather quickly. I think a more realistic price would be half of that

Still, look at the UL SIB weapons and compare them to the (L) counterparts. The prices are insane. Why not with (combat)vehicles?

And if they can only be won in events, then they should stay really rare.

:rolleyes:

, especially since I saw a bp on auction with 67 clicks :o:

That's good news!

;)

It is a great little ship and its a shame MA wont release more UL fighters on auction. Whats it worth, well the highest bid so far for a Mothership is 70k, this one maybe 20-30K.....

Where can you see the price of the mothership?

:confused:

maybe, but remember, you can't even use it for fighting... you can only attach 1 gun for the 2nd seat, the heavy porcupine52, which does like 114dmg?
the pilot has no gun! pretty hard to pk like that, while the vtol has 2 weapons...

Can somebody please post a cool space combat vid on youtube?

Dogfight between the sleip and the ceptor. Who wins?

:wtg:

auction

you can see the bids on the motherships in auction, not on 'planet' but on 'global'

Dogfight between the sleip and the ceptor. Who wins?

:wtg:

this will not determine what ship is better in any way what so ever... you should know there is many factors that need to be taken into account.

Naomi has stated a lot of very good facts and points about the interceptor vs VTOL, L items will crash just like the VTOL did possibly even more so then the vtol as its pure pvp and a lot of people cry about that and wont go so i would not even go as far as saying its worth 8k, Naomi was very generous in that price.

prices are all over hyped up and they will crash and people will bang their head off the wall soon because they paid way over the top for what they are actually worth

if its true what Naomi stated about the interceptor as i cant log in game and venture into space just yet, Then well id say the interceptor is a handicapped excuse for a fighter...

Just 8k?

Then I guess the price will be 8K
since you already stated that you'll pay that it won't be hard to make the bids go that high

VTOL are better for pk for now
Other ships will be better for transport than VTOL and/or for combat

Limited Interceptors will cost much less
Do you have an idea of the decay on the limited one if it gets destroyed ?

Do you remember the initial price of choppers (or all other vehicles) ?

Will unlimited ships be rare ?
Well all hangar owners are going to get a unlimited ship that most probably will have better fighting and transport capacity

So the answer is no, I don't think a lot of people will be interested in paying over 8K

So far this ship is the fastest one (108 compared to 104.4 for the (L) ones), meaning it's the best ship if you just want to travel and have a less risk to get hazzled by pk:ers (well, you're probably chanceless in a coordinated group, but you'll be able to outfly pretty much anyone who's shooting at everything they see).

I'd like one of those, definitely (if space is supposed to stay lootable). Well unless a faster one comes.

If you have one of the (L) ones you always risk that a (rich) pk:er buys the repairable and then slowly gets closer, closer and closer to you.

Since Serpentis is a name of an outlaw faction in EVE
And somebody with that name is bidding
my guess is that it will end with a pker for sure.

I'd splurge and pay 50 ped for the new PE flying space thingy :zzz:

...Do you have an idea of the decay on the limited one if it gets destroyed ?
So the answer is no, I don't think a lot of people will be interested in paying over 8K

I think a fighter destroyed may loose 50 pecs to 1 ped TT value.

About the 8k, what i read makes sense, but what if 2 people are ready to pay more than its value, like for many items?

my opinion is there won't be other unL fighter. there are 4 ingame, that's all.

My bet, 40k for Pioneer

Winner on ROCKtropia

Ed Lguigui Ward killed a Rocktropian worth 71 PED and will find the Quad Wing Interceptor - Groundbreaker in the Inventory

And your opinion wouldn't be biased at all... :laugh:

MA wants people to have fun. So it wants people in space. So it wants as many vehicles on the market. Now there are too few on market so they are expensive. Give it 1 month.

MA wants people to have fun. So it wants people in space. So it wants as many vehicles on the market. Now there are too few on market so they are expensive. Give it 1 month.

THough, MA has also written that they want to "protect the market", meaning (basically) "forget about mod faps dropping again". Noting the fact that the repairable interceptors also are the fastest, they're pretty much like the SGA version of the (L) ships (compare martial (L) and martial SGA).

As for the prices of (L) interceptors; compare the prices of (L) tanks; they're still pretty expensive (no, I don't want any tank lol). And the fact Sleipnir MK3 are/were still pretty rare in auciton. And for the thrusters (which is relatively cheap to craft once you have the BP), some people say the current price of them is "right".

I don't think MA will release any good interceptors comparable to the ones given out soon (repairable and/or as fast as the 4 event prizes). Maybe there will be some kind of event running over the summer where there will be a very good one but it won't be easy to win (think of mayhem, with top prize=LA - but this time a ship).

What's likely to happen, besides add-ons to the battlecruisers, is that MA will make a middle class ship in speed between vtols and interceptors), (L) ones, and make them fairly common, to be the "bread and butter" in space (keeping vtols space-able mostly as a way to go up from planet). And as for the price of thrusters, since a few people do want them expensive I guess they'll stay expensive. Maybe go down from 630 ped BO to say 300 ped BO.

As I'm not interested in pk at all, I just want to be able to go between planets ffs, I'll wait until some lootable fixes have been done (for instance the welding wire and some of the stuff I broght "by mistake" to Calypso and isn't useable on Calypso at all), and I'm financially able to get ship at a reasonable cost that will allow me to stay away from the most triggerhappy people - I don't care about the lack of gunpower on it. Maybe a "reconnaisance" kind of ship with say 200 speed, only one seat, and no weapon slot.

Or, well, if MA would allow me to use my TP-chip in space (dunno if it's possibly, it could be possible technically, but I don't want to get (temp)locked for it as someone who used interplanetary wormholes a couple of years back did by setting up free wormholes from Calypso to old CND) - my TP-chip has a range of 9900m which is enough to travel to another server area (well on Calypso at least). I guess the problem is to get up in space, to "change map", without a ship.

Last edited:
I think Naomi is right about the 8k, but that one will go for more cause the game is full of players ready to pay more than item real value just to buy their unL piece of game :)

Of course I am included :D

The miss of gun place for pilot is the real point here to me

the best thing you can do in a quad-wing is be a moving target :laugh: and it wont be all that fast once we get better ships...

we will be getting real fighters and destroyers, people wont even use quad-wings soon its just a way for us to invest big money in shit spacecraft then introduce something else when the mu drops and people loose interest...

the best thing you can do in a quad-wing is be a moving target :laugh: and it wont be all that fast once we get better ships...

we will be getting real fighters and destroyers, people wont even use quad-wings soon its just a way for us to invest big money in shit spacecraft then introduce something else when the mu drops and people loose interest...

Good!

Maybe some of us poor folk will get to scavenge the market and buy the shit spacecraft when the MU plummets.

:cool:

An interesting thing is that a person who's known for being a pvp4 pk:er is one of the bidders on it.

An interesting thing is that a person who's known for being a pvp4 pk:er is one of the bidders on it.

space is new and pvp 4 has nothing to do with space its a totally different concept, its just people taking a gamble...

Does that mean you can't use it alone in combat?

:confused:

correct
on top of that, the only gun you can attach, is the shitty heavy porcupine52, used on a chopper. It does like 114 dmg, and can only be used from the passenger chair.
a vtol is so much more powerful atm.

This fine craft should be renamed:

Pioneer|SDS

we want epic battles which require loads of ships .. so this means it should be a mass product ... meaning price = low and (L) competition. Should go quite high now as early adapters will pay the price ...

Back