Become a citizen of Planet Calypso!

Additional questions
1) If someone buys a land lot deed from another participant after the land grab, do they then also inherit that piece of land and what is on it?

2) If someone wanted to expand their area so that they can build something larger or perhaps 2 house next to each other (for whatever reason), would they then need to seek out and buy the deeds corresponding to surrounding areas or would they be able to reclaim land?

3) It is mentioned that each deed owner will have the opportunity to participate in this land grab. It is implied, I believe, that you cannot claim more lots of land than deeds you own. Does this therefore mean there will be 60,000 land lots up for grab (ie every deed owner may get a piece of land) or will there be say 40,000 and if you snooze you lose?

Q. How is the revenue share for Land Lot deeds calculated?
A. The Planet Partner Gross Revenue will be divided as follows: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders (1/60000), and the remaining 50% retained by Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

Q. How is the Planet Partner Gross Revenue calculated?
A. Planet Partner Gross Revenue is calculated and paid by MindArk to the Planet Partner, and includes avatar activity on Planet Calypso, along with the activity of Calypso avatars in Space and on other Entropia Universe planets. Avatar activity includes deterioration of items, as well as various other fees and avatar activities.

So Mindark have again concealed that the PP Gross Revenue is only itself 50% of the Calypso Revenue, and that the Deeds share 25% of the Calypso Revenue.

In a public document, this is material misinformation, which if this were a share offer, would potentially lead to serious legal difficulties.

"People have always had the opportunity to make money playing our game and engaging in the micro transactions economy. Now they can actually share in the revenues of their favorite planet with a Land Lot deed."

Anyone else find it ironic that Mindark link the opportunity to make money by playing, and the opportunity to make money by sharing the revenue derived from player's losses?

Last edited:
Press release

GOTHENBURG, Sweden, Nov. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MindArk, developer and publisher of the largest real money MMO, announced today that it will introduce a groundbreaking Citizenship System to Planet Calypso.

"Our new Citizenship System will have a strong impact on the social and Virtual Worlds industry", said Jan Welter Timkrans, Chairman of MindArk. "People have always had the opportunity to make money playing our game and engaging in the micro transactions economy. Now they can actually share in the revenues of their favorite planet with a Land Lot deed and help decide its future via the political system."

As far as I'm concerned, this is a piss-poor press release.

If I were a Planet Partner in business with MindArk, I'd be disgusted with the favoritism that the platform designer has for it's OWN PLANET.

If I were a Planet Partner in business with MindArk, I'd be disgusted with the favoritism that the platform designer has for it's OWN PLANET.

MA is offering this same system to every PP. Its in there best interest to make this exciting..

If they didn't have such a good Q and A section, would you complain there to vague?

Seems like your last 20 posts have all been trying to pick this apart =/

The new Citizenship System will showcase the economics of a successful Planet Partner on the Entropia Universe platform, and allow users to participate in that success. Planet Calypso is the oldest of the planets in Entropia Universe, with over one million registered accounts and over $400 million USD per year in user-to-user transactions. Until now, possessing land in Entropia Universe has been very exclusive, with the market price for land deeds ranging from $5,000 to upwards of $500,000 USD. In the new Citizenship System, just about anyone can share a piece of an entire virtual world. For more information on MindArk or the Citizenship System please visit www.entropiauniverse.com.

Everything looks great to me

Q. Will there be regular statements of revenue share earnings?
A. Yes. Every six months, audited figures will be presented on MindArk’s website (www.MindArk.com) so that deedholders can verify their revenue share payouts. In addition, a dedicated web page will be made available where deedholders can check their weekly payments, and will include an ROI calculator.

They are even providing an additional websites for the citizens to keep track of ROI ect. neat

I find it interesting that they haven't used the term RCE or Real Cash Economy but replaced it with microtransaction economy.

I am not saying that it's devious or deceptive, just interesting. Probably with the world economic climate like it is they want to use words that don't oversell the concept and make it sound insane. Microtransaction sounds safer than Real Cash in today's world.

Dec 5 2011!!! dividends start.

Won't have to wait much longer to start compiling our ROI stats.

He may be a person with a crazy sign on his back "The end is near" but you are a real Bagdad Bob yourself. Putting a positive spin on everything without anything to back it up. :laugh:

PS. Chrome, I dont think you are crazy. DS.

I think both of you show a different visions where it could all go. It will probably land somewhere in the middle.

I find it interesting that they haven't used the term RCE or Real Cash Economy but replaced it with microtransaction economy.

I am not saying that it's devious or deceptive, just interesting. Probably with the world economic climate like it is they want to use words that don't oversell the concept and make it sound insane. Microtransaction sounds safer than Real Cash in today's world.

RCE is just unknown term for casuals. Casuals (see social games) perfectly know "microtransactions".

Always when I have talk with friends of mine IRL, who don't know about EU, I trying to use "RCE" - they like: wtf?

No wonder. It's very thin niche, in which is EU and SE. Maybe there is another games involving (I mean, LEGAL) RCE, but I don't know about them.

RCE is just unknown term for casuals. Casuals (see social games) perfectly know "microtransactions".

Always when I have talk with friends of mine IRL, who don't know about EU, I trying to use "RCE" - they like: wtf?

No wonder. It's very thin niche, in which is EU and SE. Maybe there is another games involving (I mean, LEGAL) RCE, but I don't know about them.

Yeah I guess it could be because of their target audience. It's just a departure from every other press release they have ever issued (which would presumably have the same audience). That's why I guessed it might have to do with the current economic situation.

But you could be right, maybe they are just realizing that the term RCE isn't effective on the audience of these press releases.

Diablo 3 will launch with 2 auction houses - one using ingame money - one using real world dollars.

It might be interesting to see if D3 spreads the RCE model faster than Entropia did. A result might be that Entropia attracts D3 players who are looking to try other RCE games.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/events/diablo3-announcement/index.html#auction:auction-faq

How will the currency-based auction house work?

Players will be able to make purchases in the currency-based auction house using a registered form of payment attached to their Battle.net account. As with other popular online-purchase services, players will also have the option to charge up their Battle.net account with a balance of funds that can be drawn from for purchases of any digital product available through Battle.net -- this includes not only auction house items but also things like World of Warcraft subscription time and paid services, to name a few examples. On the flipside, when players sell an item in the currency-based auction house, the proceeds of the sale are deposited into their Battle.net account and can then be used as described above. Note that this process might be different for certain regions; we’ll provide further region-specific details as we get closer to launch.​

Can players choose to get cash from currency-based auction house sales, instead of having the proceeds deposited into their Battle.net account?

Yes, as an advanced feature, players will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that this process will be subject to applicable fees charged by Blizzard and the third-party payment service. Also, any proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house that have been deposited into the Battle.net account will not be transferrable to the third-party payment service account. Not all regions will support this advanced feature at launch. Region-specific details, as well as details regarding which third-party payment services will be supported and the fee that Blizzard will charge for the cash-out process, will all be provided at a later date.​

Diablo 3 will launch with 2 auction houses - one using ingame money - one using real world dollars...
Blizzard might have to sue NDS for working its way in to their bread and butter by putting hell in to an mmo.

MA is offering this same system to every PP. Its in there best interest to make this exciting..

If they didn't have such a good Q and A section, would you complain there to vague?

At present, MindArk is NOT offering this same system to every other planet. As such, this is showing blatant favoritism for the platform designer to release a signifigant new financial system to the Entropia Universe playerbase only on the planet it owns.

It has been stated that other planets MAY be eligible for this system IF they meet certain criteria, such as an unreleased number of player base and/or revenue.

I'm all for a Q&A section. However, apparently others have already stated that it doesn't answer some of the more pertinent questions.

Yes, I'm picking apart this deed system. I'm also finding what I perceive as SERIOUS flaws.

Carry on, cheerleader. :cheer:

At present, MindArk is NOT offering this same system to every other planet. As such, this is showing blatant favoritism for the platform designer to release a signifigant new financial system to the Entropia Universe playerbase only on the planet it owns.

It has been stated that other planets MAY be eligible for this system IF they meet certain criteria, such as an unreleased number of player base and/or revenue.

I'm all for a Q&A section. However, apparently others have already stated that it doesn't answer some of the more pertinent questions.

Yes, I'm picking apart this deed system. I'm also finding what I perceive as SERIOUS flaws.

Carry on, cheerleader. :cheer:

Its okay, you have every right to express your opinion. Just please remember all you've said and personally don't buy shares. I dont want someone with such a pisspoor attitude voting on any "major issues" which is what we citizens will have votes for the Q and A said.

I would much rather have the profits and retention of peds go to those who trully love and want to give entropia and its new management a chance before we assume the worst case scenarios.

New FAQ Information added to Calypso Land Lot Deeds Announcement

The following additional information has been added to the Calypso Land Lot Deeds Announcement.

FAQ

Q. How many Land Lot deeds will be offered?
A. 60,000 (Sixty Thousand).

Q. What is the price of each Land Lot deed?
A. Land Lot deeds are available for 1000 PED each (equivalent to 100 USD).

Q. Where can Land Lot deeds be acquired?
A. Land Lot Deeds are acquired from the Official avatar James Bowerbird EstateBroker on the Entropia Universe auction, under the Global Auction (selectable from the drop down menu in the top right corner of the auction interface).

Q. What quantities of Land Lot deeds are available?
A. Land Lot deeds are available in single units, as well as in stacks for 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100. For those interested in larger quantities of over 500 and need help or advise please contact info@mindark.com

Q. I can not see any single deeds available on the Auction?
A. Land Lot deeds will be added to the Entropia Universe global auction at varying times throughout the day for the convenience of participants from different timezones.

Q. Is there a limit on the number of Land Lot deeds each participant can acquire?
A. Participants may acquire as many Land Lot deeds as they wish.

Q. How will the proceeds of the Land Lot deeds be used by MindArk?
A. The proceeds from the Land Lot deeds will help to finance a substantial Entropia Universe marketing campaign, along with further development of Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso.

Q. How is the revenue share for Land Lot deeds calculated?
A. The Planet Partner Gross Revenue will be divided as follows: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders (1/60000), and the remaining 50% retained by Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

A. Planet Partner Gross Revenue is calculated and paid by MindArk to the Planet Partner, and includes avatar activity on Planet Calypso, along with the activity of Calypso avatars in Space and on other Entropia Universe planets. Avatar activity includes deterioration of items, as well as various other fees and avatar activities.

Q. How will Land Lot deedholders receive revenue share payments?
A. Payments will be deposited directly onto each deedholder’s Entropia Universe PED Card balance.

Q. What is the expected yearly return on investment (ROI) of a Land Lot deed?
A. Based on Planet Calypso’s performance over the last 12 months, expected ROI is between 27% and 30% per year. The actual revenue share paid to deedholders may be higher or lower than this, depending on the amount of activity on Planet Calypso in the future.

Q. When will Land Lot deedholders begin receiving revenue share payments?
A. Revenue share payments are planned to begin distribution on Dec. 5, 2011.

Q. How often will revenue share payments be made?
A. Revenue share payments will be made weekly, calculated based on the Planet Partner Gross Revenue generated by Planet Calypso during the preceding week.

Q. Will there be regular statements of revenue share earnings?
A. Yes. Every six months, audited figures will be presented on MindArk’s website (www.MindArk.com) so that deedholders can verify their revenue share payouts. In addition, a dedicated web page will be made available where deedholders can check their weekly payments, and will include an ROI calculator.

Q. Once acquired, can Land Lot deeds be traded?
A. Indeed, deeds can be traded among participants at a participant-determined market price, just like every other item in Entropia Universe.

Q. If I trade one of my Land Lot deeds, who will receive the revenue share payment for the current period?
A. Revenue share payments are always distributed to the Entropia Universe avatar account currently holding each deed at the time of disbursement.

Q. Do I need to keep the Land Lot deed in my avatar’s inventory in order to receive revenue share payments?
A. No. Deeds can be kept in personal storage, estates, containers, etc., and still receive payments. As long as the Land Lot deed(s) appear on the ‘My Items’ page in the Account section of the www.EntropiaUniverse.com website, your avatar will receive revenue share payments.

Q. Can Land Lot deeds be looted from other participants in PVP areas?
A. No, Land Lot deeds are not lootable in PVP areas.

Q. When is the Citizenship and Politics system expected to be released?
A. The Citizenship and Politics system is scheduled to begin development in 2012.

Q. How many votes in the forthcoming Political System will Land Lot deedholders receive?
A. Each individual Land Lot deed entitles the holder to one vote. Thus, each political issue will have a maximum of 60,000 potential votes.

Q. How exactly will the political system work? What kinds of issues will Citizens take part in shaping?
A. The full details of the Citizenship and Politics system are still being finalized. More information will be provided as the design and development stages of this exciting new Entropia Universe system progress.

Q. Are Land Lots the same as Land Areas?
A. No. Outback Land Areas (commonly referred to as Land Areas) are part of a different system within Entropia Universe, through which participants can purchase a defined area of land and impose taxes on the hunting and mining activities of other participants. By contrast, Land Lot deeds offer participants the opportunity to receive a share of the entire activity on Planet Calypso, not just activity made in a particular area.

Q. When will existing Outback Land Area owners receive the complimentary Land Lot deed mentioned in the original announcement?
A. The complimentary deeds for Outback Land Area owners will be distributed shortly before revenue share payments begin on Dec. 5, 2011.

Q. The original announcement mentions a ‘Calypso Citizenship Land Grab’. How will this system work?
A. Various regions of Planet Calypso will be designated where Land Lot deedholders will have the opportunity to stake a claim on a 10x10 meter plot of land for each deed held.

Q. How will building houses or other structures on Land Lots function?
A. In order to to build a structure on claimed land, participants will need to hold a minimum of nine (9) Land Lot Deeds, and claim plots in a 3x3 (or larger) format, suitable for the construction of a structure.

Q. Will I be forced to engage in PVP combat in order to claim my Land Lot plots?
A. No. The regions designated for Land Lot claims will be offered in both PVP and non- PVP areas.

Q. What happens to my revenue share payments if I do not claim any Land Lot plots?
A. You will still receive all revenue share payments. Land Lot plots are simply an additional feature offered to those who choose to support the future growth of Planet Calypso.

Q. The original announcement mentions a ‘Calypso Citizenship Land Grab’. How will this system work?
A. Various regions of Planet Calypso will be designated where Land Lot deedholders will have the opportunity to stake a claim on a 10x10 meter plot of land for each deed held.

Q. How will building houses or other structures on Land Lots function?
A. In order to to build a structure on claimed land, participants will need to hold a minimum of nine (9) Land Lot Deeds, and claim plots in a 3x3 (or larger) format, suitable for the construction of a structure.

Will it be possible to sell the staked land lots?

Maybe you can remove that one:

Q. When is the Citizenship and Politics system expected to be released?
A. The Citizenship and Politics system is scheduled to begin development in 2012.

since the answer doesn't actually answer the question. ;)

Land Lot deeds offer participants the opportunity to receive a share of the entire activity on Planet Calypso, not just activity made in a particular area.

Dear Bjorn,

English is not my native language, so please excuse me for asking this - does the part quoted above mean in simple language that all the land areas (also space) added later by FPC will be automatically shared between the owners of the 60k deeds? I would greatly appreciate if the answer would be more explanatory than yes or no only.

Thanks in advance,

J.

The following additional information has been added to the Calypso Land Lot Deeds Announcement.

Q. Will I be forced to engage in PVP combat in order to claim my Land Lot plots?
A. No. The regions designated for Land Lot claims will be offered in both PVP and non- PVP areas.
Thankyou.

I got my answer relatively quickly.

+rep.

Dear Bjorn,

English is not my native language, so please excuse me for asking this - does the part quoted above mean in simple language that all the land areas (also space) added later by FPC will be automatically shared between the owners of the 60k deeds? I would greatly appreciate if the answer would be more explanatory than yes or no only.

Thanks in advance,

J.

space is not Calypso, but the revenue from all land added on Calypso must be included automatically and shared between the owners of the 60k deeds

What happens if the deed is in avatar's inventory but the avatar is on another planet? The deed won't show in the "My Items" list of Calypso then. No payments?

What happens if the deed is on Calypso (in storage, at the estate, etc) but the owner is on the other planet? And vice versa?

Can't you read with understanding? Read again the official info and think! Sorry but such stupid questions make those important disappear in this jungle thread.

p.s. in case you miss read the info. It doesn't matter where you are or where are your things. They all are visible at www.entropiauniverse.com under "my items" page.

space is not Calypso, but the revenue from all land added on Calypso must be included automatically and shared between the owners of the 60k deeds

thanks, but I am looking for an official answer. or can you link me to the source of your information? =)

J.

J,

The Land Lot Deed revenue payments are determined by the Planet Partners Gross Revenue income, if the Gross Revenue income increases by Planet Calypso developing new content and attracting more users then the Land Lot Deed share will increase also.

David

Will it be possible to sell the staked land lots?

Even more interesting:
Will it be possible to sell staked lots with structures on them? If so, will structures be removeable or will the deeds involved in the area the house is built have to be sold as a stack?

J,

The Land Lot Deed revenue payments are determined by the Planet Partners Gross Revenue income, if the Gross Revenue income increases by Planet Calypso developing new content and attracting more users then the Land Lot Deed share will increase also.

David

What exactly is 'gross revenue income'? Can you have someone answer some of the questions over at the recent Ask Mindark threads at entropiaforum, or at least here in a reply to this thread here on pcf give a response?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...er-owns-but-has-not-sold-yet.html#post2581976
Will the dividend for deeds not sold go to the Planet Partner or MindArk? Also, will you keep relisting them if they don't sell, and will those that buy later on get 'backpay' on the share of the profits before they actually owned the deed? I don't think that would be a good idea for 'fairness' but on the other hand it would give a good incentive for all of them to get purchased.

Are the estates that Calypso's estate broker hold considered part of the gross revenue income, and/or will future estates that are added be considered a part of that? i.e. if you guys decide to create something similar to Medusa Head next year and put it somewhere on Calypso will the profits the estate broker makes on that be considered part of the gross revenue income, and more importantly are there plans to continue to add more estates like that yearly as has been done in the past?

Also, are auction fees a part of gross revenue income?

Will you keep relisting them if they don't sell until they do?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...lity-first-hand-availibility.html#post2581917
Each deed will always receive 1/60000th of the shared revenue, regardless of the status of other deeds.
Will there be backpay on the deeds sold after the first payout for those that don't buy a deed til later on, or will you simply stop selling all deeds before the first payout and never sell them all, even if it means the 6 million did not come in?

Last edited:
What exactly is 'gross revenue income'? Can you have someone answer some of the questions over at the recent Ask Mindark threads at entropiaforum, or at least here in a reply to this thread here on pcf give a response?

I don't think you'll ever get a more detailed answere than that.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...er-owns-but-has-not-sold-yet.html#post2581976
Will the dividend for deeds not sold go to the Planet Partner or MindArk? Also, will you keep relisting them if they don't sell, and will those that buy later on get 'backpay' on the share of the profits before they actually owned the deed? I don't think that would be a good idea for 'fairness' but on the other hand it would give a good incentive for all of them to get purchased.
I can not imagine they would offer any "back payment". As they have stated, the payment goes to what ever avatar who owns the deed at the time of the payment. So if any payments are made before all deeds are sold the unsold share will go back to MA/Calypso (don't remember if it was MA och Calypso avatar that sells them... It's presently the same company any way).

Are the estates that Calypso's estate broker hold considered part of the gross revenue income, and/or will future estates that are added be considered a part of that? i.e. if you guys decide to create something similar to Medusa Head next year and put it somewhere on Calypso will the profits the estate broker makes on that be considered part of the gross revenue income, and more importantly are there plans to continue to add more estates like that yearly as has been done in the past?
I belive payment for new land areas (such as Medusa for example) is not part of the "gross revenue income". If a planet partner makes new content and auctions it of they are the ones that get the money (excluding auction fees). The "gross revenue income" is what MA as the platform provider gets from activity on the planet (and pays back 50% of it to the planet partner, in this case that 50% are further divided between the planet partner and the deed holders).

Also, are auction fees a part of gross revenue income?
Probobly not as it has been stated that auction fees are "cyckled back into the economy".

J,

David

ok, then I understand these deeds are final, no more will be added later on, but new areas could be added. if that's true, I see the future - all the deeds will be sold. :yup:

thanks for the answer, +rep given!

J.

They stopping other planets doing this to prevent them selling deeds to 50% of the planets revenue if their development and operating costs are more than the remainder.

i.e. 50% to MA, 25% to players but the last 25% doesn't cover the planets costs, i.e. wages, office rent and other bills. I doubt the three other planets are managing that yet. But they did say they would allow it when a PP could afford it.

However MA does have one advantage, they can just add the ped into the system and not worry about not having the $ value in the bank, for them it's just numbers in a database. They're banking on not everyone withdrawing it and instead spending it in game.

Are MindArk (platform provider) and AR Universe (Planet Calypso developer) still the same or split up? I mean Kim mentioned he and his team are located in Mexico now so...

Anyways, your statement is kinda stupid since you have no idea what the PP agreement is, if they knew the exact details about it all before, etc... :rolleyes: you are making too many assumptions to found your quite extreme opinion on really, as you know nothing about what MA and the PPs have discussed.

Also, I really do not see any favouritism... May be simply that Calypso is the only planet with high enough population and revenue to make it worth it (and not break the developer budget) or that the other PPs did not want to do it yet. We do not know that.

I belive payment for new land areas (such as Medusa for example) is not part of the "gross revenue income". If a planet partner makes new content and auctions it of they are the ones that get the money (excluding auction fees). The "gross revenue income" is what MA as the platform provider gets from activity on the planet (and pays back 50% of it to the planet partner, in this case that 50% are further divided between the planet partner and the deed holders).

Probobly not as it has been stated that auction fees are "cyckled back into the economy".

It's nice to hear your beliefs, but it'd be nicer to get an official response. Where did you see it stated that auction fees are cycled back in to the economy? I think I've read something that contradicts that a while back. Do you have a link to where you saw it stated and who stated it?

Back