Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

You can not take one payment and then generalise it.
While true out of context, we're talking about a 3-month-averaged Calypso income.

If we only look at it week-by-week, the 3.99 payout was "only" 8.3% lower than previous week. We have seen larger fluctuations on week-by-week basis. F.ex. April 15th was 11.2% lower than the week before, and 4th of Feb. was almost 18% more than the week before that. But such a large fluctuation as 8%+ is still "up there".

What I find possibly more interesting is that in the last month the payout has dropped by over 20% - meaning Calypso 3-month-averaged income has dropped 20%. In just one month.

Assuming my math isn't completely wrong, Calypso has generated pretty much steady 14.1-14.8 million PED income per 3-month-period the last 3 months, which is a little better than the rather weak winter. But to see a 20% drop in just one month, for a 3-month-average... I don't know, but one could be led to believe the income loss from Calypso has been a tad more than 20% in the last month.

While true out of context, we're talking about a 3-month-averaged Calypso income.

If we only look at it week-by-week, the 3.99 payout was "only" 8.3% lower than previous week. We have seen larger fluctuations on week-by-week basis. F.ex. April 15th was 11.2% lower than the week before, and 4th of Feb. was almost 18% more than the week before that. But such a large fluctuation as 8%+ is still "up there".

What I find possibly more interesting is that in the last month the payout has dropped by over 20% - meaning Calypso 3-month-averaged income has dropped 20%. In just one month.

Assuming my math isn't completely wrong, Calypso has generated pretty much steady 14.1-14.8 million PED income per 3-month-period the last 3 months, which is a little better than the rather weak winter. But to see a 20% drop in just one month, for a 3-month-average... I don't know, but one could be led to believe the income loss from Calypso has been a tad more than 20% in the last month.

I don't know why you are talking about a drop in the 3 month average? If the CLD pay out for a month droped 20 % that means that the revenue for that month on Calypso droped 20 %. Most of the players live in the north part of the globe, so It's probably spring and summer time that having an effect, people like to be out instead of being indoors gaming.

What's this 'outdoors' you speak of?:cool:

This is why (clicky).

Statement seemingly invalidated by previous findings.

Nah, thats not correct. And it would be impossible to have so big up and downs between the weeks if it was based on some kind of three month average. It's only a misunderstanding of the information.

this week: 3,806 ped/deed

so the value on deeds should now be, 1600 each ? according to logic.

i mean, value was 1000 when they payd 4.5-5 ped each week, so its only logical that they rise above 1500 now that payouts are , 3.80 ....

Yeah its summer, but when gameplay picks up again im sure some voices will say , woot this week its 5.5 , deeds should be worth 2k !

fundamentals, fundamentals.

so the value on deeds should now be, 1600 each ? according to logic.

i mean, value was 1000 when they payd 4.5-5 ped each week, so its only logical that they rise above 1500 now that payouts are , 3.80 ....

Yeah its summer, but when gameplay picks up again im sure some voices will say , woot this week its 5.5 , deeds should be worth 2k !

fundamentals, fundamentals.

You certainly put a lot of effort to persuade all that CLDs should be cheaper than people agree to pay.
Looking to buy few more?

You certainly put a lot of effort to persuade all that CLDs should be cheaper than people agree to pay.
Looking to buy few more?

What ermik and others are trying to say (at least as I understand it) is that the price increase in CLDs is irrational and is driven mainly by speculation. People are buying CLDs with the purpose to resell after a while when the price is higher to make a decent profit. It does not reflect the payouts. How high this kind of speculation with possible future resale value can go?

What ermik and others are trying to say (at least as I understand it) is that the price increase in CLDs is irrational and is driven mainly by speculation. People are buying CLDs with the purpose to resell after a while when the price is higher to make a decent profit. It does not reflect the payouts. How high this kind of speculation with possible future resale value can go?

correct, but people assume everyone think like they do.

If this are indeed resellers buying at this price then why bother at all? After all if would be them losing when prices fall to 'normal' levels.
Reality is that as somebody mentioned earlier in this thread. numbers of CLDs on market seem to decreases, meaning that more is bought by people who want to sit on them.

I do not care about price of something unless I wanna sell or buy, therefore I think Ermik want to buy.
Unless he is hero and fighting for common folks to have lower price...

Looking to buy few more?

im not looking to buy cld´s

i dont say they should be cheaper ( because that would imply im interested in buying them ) , im just saying the rise in price lacks fundamental reasons to do so, thus my sceptisism.

im not looking to buy cld´s

i dont say they should be cheaper ( because that would imply im interested in buying them ) , im just saying the rise in price lacks fundamental reasons to do so, thus my sceptisism.

Being sceptic is one, but what you want to achieve with sharing it if not drop in price?

If this are indeed resellers buying at this price then why bother at all? After all if would be them losing when prices fall to 'normal' levels.
Reality is that as somebody mentioned earlier in this thread. numbers of CLDs on market seem to decreases, meaning that more is bought by people who want to sit on them.

I do not care about price of something unless I wanna sell or buy, therefore I think Ermik want to buy.
Unless he is hero and fighting for common folks to have lower price...

ofcourse you think i want to buy, because your mindset is focused on CLD´s beeing awesome, while mine is not.

Oh you answered while I was writing mine post, seems like you are Hero ;)

well, cant call me a hero, but i do tend to say what i think, regardless of my motives, and sometimes lack of motives. i have trouble shutting up thats all :)

Most of this thead posts are :offtopic: So :topic: :scratch:

Well I have to say I own a small number of CLDs and I'm very happy with them. Some were bought at the 1000 ped start price, a few at the special MA sale (1150peds?) and rest at a higher price. They're peds well spent in my opinion because they give me an income within the game that I didn't previously have.

One assumption I'll make about the currently reported price vs weekly return is that there is a lack of demand on the open market, which is driving the price up.

I'm not sure there's a price at which I would consider selling out my small stockholding simply because I would lose that weekly income.

Sheet updated
Since I sold my cld, I won't be able to update the sheet as I don't have 1st hand access to the payout amount.
Anyone feels like taking over that duty, feel free to pm me for access to the sheet

Das

I'm not sure there's a price at which I would consider selling out my small stockholding simply because I would lose that weekly income.

I'm guessing you'd sell at 100k PED ;)

TY for the pm's I received in order to keep the sheet updated
RO ALEX ALEXANDER Has privileges now & will do the job.
Thx in advance & thx to all who wanted to put their time into this

Das

The value of the CLD are not based only on the current payout, but more on the payout in the future. If an investor believes the game have a good future and will increase the player base with more players that will play on Calypso, it's not "irrational" to buy more CLD to a higher price even if the payout decline. As long as the price on CLD don't increase to a level that would require a very unlikely increase of players, it's hard to say it an irrational behavior. Speculation? Yes, all investments are some kind of speculation based on your own believes, but not necessary irrational. A doubling of the player base in a three years time is not impossible, even if i don't think that will happen on Calypso, in that case a CLD price of over 1600 PED is not irrational.

Terrible CLD dividend last week. The time it would take to recoup your investment at last weeks rate would be

7 YEARS if you purchased a CLD for 1400 PED. At 1600 PED it would take 8 YEARS! People are still basing ROI on a 1000 PED investment but what about people buying now?

CLD prices are too high right now.

One assumption I'll make about the currently reported price vs weekly return is that there is a lack of demand on the open market, which is driving the price up.

I know I am no expert on economies, but dosent a lack of demand on a market lead to falling prices? :scratch2::scratch2:

Terrible CLD dividend last week. The time it would take to recoup your investment at last weeks rate would be

7 YEARS if you purchased a CLD for 1400 PED. At 1600 PED it would take 8 YEARS! People are still basing ROI on a 1000 PED investment but what about people buying now?

CLD prices are too high right now.

Have to agree, it´s compared to lots of RL investments still damn nice but I dont know about that life-span in EU, it´s a risk I wouldnt wanna take atm.

(On the other hand if u sell ur CLDs for ~1400 or even more after some time then it´s a win-win situation.)

The value of the CLD are not based only on the current payout, but more on the payout in the future. If an investor believes the game have a good future and will increase the player base with more players that will play on Calypso, it's not "irrational" to buy more CLD to a higher price even if the payout decline. As long as the price on CLD don't increase to a level that would require a very unlikely increase of players, it's hard to say it an irrational behavior. Speculation? Yes, all investments are some kind of speculation based on your own believes, but not necessary irrational. A doubling of the player base in a three years time is not impossible, even if i don't think that will happen on Calypso, in that case a CLD price of over 1600 PED is not irrational.

Its still a high risk investment, doubling the playerbase is really a longshot. It would be achievable if the costs to play would be reduced significantly, but in that case it doesn't guarantee much higher payouts. Hell, we don't have an idea what will happen in 5-10 years IRL, we surely don't know what will happen in EU, might not even be around any more.

And only some speculation? Please, look at IRL, how much did some pension funds and others lost, how many people went broke or are paying insane credits for the rest of their lives? Before the financial crisis it really was simple as that: "Buy that estate now, it will be worth +10% after a year, it surely is 100% good investment for profit or if you need a new place to live, it will never be as cheap as it is now". My sister bought an apartment for something like 80k usd (some years before the crisis maybe) and will be paying off mortgage until her pension... My other sister bought a similar quality apartment for like ~30k usd in 2010. CLD imho is "ideal" for speculation...

Although you can read in textbooks and classical works that human behaviour and economic process involved are rational and logical, I would say that in the real world quite often people prove them wrong by showing how good at fucking up they are.

Last edited:
I know I am no expert on economies, but dosent a lack of demand on a market lead to falling prices? :scratch2::scratch2:
Well spotted. I didn't mean "demand", rather "supply."

Back