Merry Mayhem 2011

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
It’s time once again for Planet Calypso’s annual winter hunting extravaganza - Merry Mayhem! This year’s event features an expanded prize pool with new prizes - including valuable Calypso Land Deeds - new creatures, and updated rules. Running over five days between Christmas and New Year’s, Merry Mayhem is among the most exciting and popular events in all of Entropia Universe. So grab your best gear and join in the Mayhem!

Event Dates
  • Dec. 21: Skill chipping is no longer allowed for Mayhem participants. The Mayhem Mission becomes available from the NPC Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis.
  • Dec. 26: Competition opens at 00:00 UTC. Kills are registered. Final category qualification happens upon first kill.
  • Dec. 30: Competition ends 23:59 UTC. Kills are no longer registered. You may no longer get the Mayhem mission.
  • Jan. 1: Skill chipping is allowed again.
  • Jan. 13: Merry Mayhem Mission can be turned in to Carl Tucker. Once the mission is turned in, participant receives a Mayhem Participation Diploma. Winners and prize announcement, including the top 100 list for all categories, with points and time.

Competition Structure

Registration - The mission system will be used to track the Merry Mayhem event. The Mayhem mission is available from the NPC Carl Tucker, located in Port Atlantis. This mission will track kill points and each participant’s category. The mission will be available starting on Dec. 21, but event kills will not register before Dec. 26.

Don’t forget to get the mission! Participants can register for the Mayhem mission up until the 29th Dec 18:00 UTC.

Do not abandon the mission! If a participant abandons the Mayhem mission, all event points accumulated up to that time will be forfeited. Participants can then receive the mission a new, and restart the event with zero event points.

Categories - Merry Mayhem offers four categories to accommodate participants of varying profession levels. Category qualification will be based upon a participant's highest Professional Standing from the following qualification list:

• BLP Sniper (Hit)
  • BLP Pistoleer (Hit)
  • Laser Sniper (Hit)
  • Laser Pistoleer (Hit)
  • Swordsman (Hit)
  • Knife Fighter (Hit)
  • Brawler (Hit)

Each participant's highest professional standing from the qualification list will determine which of the following event categories the participant will compete within:

• Category 1: Highest Professional Standing 0-24
  • Category 2: Highest Professional standing 25-49
  • Category 3: Highest Professional standing 50-69
  • Category 4: Highest Professional Standing 70 or higher

Participants will initially be sorted into one of these four categories upon registration for the Mayhem mission. The final category qualification will happen when the participant first kills an event mob once the event starts on Dec. 26.

If a participant’s highest professional standing increases after accepting the Mayhem mission (but before the event start time) and would place the participant into a higher category, the participant will compete in the higher category for the Mayhem event.

Participants will remain in the category for which they qualified at the start of the event on Dec. 26, even if skill gains result in promotion to a higher professional standing.

The Mayhem creatures assigned to each category are:

• Category 1: Daikiba
  • Category 2: Feffoid
  • Category 3: Neconu
  • Category 4: Rextelum

Extra Spawns - Temporary event spawns will be introduced for Merry Mayhem; coordinates for those spawns will be provided several days before the event begins.

Scoring - Points will be awarded to event participants based upon the maturity of creatures killed:

• Young/Outcast/Weak - 1 point
  • Mature/Bandit/Watcher - 1 points
  • Old/Guard/Soldier - 2 points
  • Provider/Raider/Strong - 2 points
  • Guardian/Warrior/Ravager – 3 points
  • Dominant/Beserker/Devastator - 3 points
  • Alpha/Hunter/Hunter – 4 points
  • Old Alpha/Warlord/Chaser - 4 points
  • Prowler/Champion/Majestic - 5 points
  • Stalker/Clan Warlord/Queen - 5 points

Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to the participants that accumulate the highest points within each category. Prizes will be distributed as follows:

Category 1
  • 1. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Jaguar Armor
  • 2. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Boar Armor
  • 3. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Bear Armor
  • 4. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards
  • 5. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards
  • 6. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards
  • 7. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards
  • 8. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards
  • 9. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards
  • 10. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards
  • 11. 1 Calypso Land Deed
  • 12. 1 Calypso Land Deed
  • 13. 1 Calypso Land Deed
  • 14. 1 Calypso Land Deed
  • 15. Item Naming Rights - Knife
  • 25. VAT-110

Category 2
  • 1. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Angel Armor
  • 2. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Tiger Armor
  • 3. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Jaguar Armor
  • 15. Item Naming Rights - Sword
  • 25. A-3 Justifier Mk.V

Category 3
  • 1. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + 2 x Traeskeron DNA Samples
  • 2. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Vain Armor
  • 3. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Eon Armor
  • 15. Item Naming Rights - Pistol
  • 25. DOA Loudmouth

Category 4
  • 1. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + 2 x Rextelum DNA Samples
  • 2. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Chronicle Armor
  • 3. Merry Mayhem Thigh Guards + Full set of Sentinel Armor
  • 15. Item Naming Rights - Rifle
  • 25. DOA Strikehammer

Prize Notes:
  • For armor prizes, winners will receive armor parts that match their avatar gender.
  • Item Naming Rights - these prizes allow the winner to choose the name of a new item soon to be released on Planet Calypso. Winners will be contacted by the Calypso development team for the desired item name.
  • All Merry Mayhem participants get a Merry Mayhem Participation Diploma when the mission is handed in to Carl Tucker, at any point after Jan 13th. Additionally, each participant finishing in the top 15 in one of the four categories will receive a special Merry Mayhem Diploma.

Rules
  • All participants MUST register for the Mayhem mission by visiting the NPC Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. Kills of event mobs by participants who have not registered for the Mayhem mission, or who have abandoned the Mayhem mission will not be counted.
  • During the five day event period, a participant may compete for no more than a total of 30 hours. Participants may allocate these 30 hours however they wish during the event period, as long as the total playing time does not exceed 30 hours in total.
  • Please note that online session time is counted from the moment a participant submits their login and password information, up until the end of the 20 second logout countdown (even if the ‘Exit Now’ button is pressed when logging out).
  • Skill chipping (in or out) is not allowed between Dec. 21 12:00 UTC and Dec. 31 12:00 UTC for participants in the Mayhem event.
  • Kill points are awarded to the participant that inflicts the most damage to a killed creature.
  • Participants’ final event category is established once the event starts on Dec. 26.
  • Once the event is in progress, all participants remain in the designated event category, regardless of any professional standing advancement that may occur while participating in the event.
  • MindArk will monitor the competition closely to ensure a fair event for all participants. Any violation of the event rules stated here will result in immediate disqualification.
  • Play responsibly. MindArk strongly recommends that participant's take regular breaks and get an extended rest period after long sessions online.
  • Event Manager decisions are final.

I want to finish as third in category 3, dont care about traeskeron dna :)

Good luck to those who participate :yay:

some nice prizes, gl to all who enter :wise:

Hehe, prize for 25th position, nice effort to get more people involved. ;)

But still waiting for the "pure solo" version, the time counter and the points board... :p

Edit: Fapper for hire during European times. Check my signature. :))

hahaha place 25 gets a better item than all place 4-24 :)))

Once more unto the breach.

If you never have a dream, you'll never have a dream come true. :cool:

Still no timer... what is so hard that in the mission screen u show ur online time?

same thing but worst mobs :) or i miss something!

Suggestion: why only Daikiba? Please include Shinkiba as well.

Kind of clever of them since almost anyone has the chance to finish 25 :)

hahaha place 25 gets a better item than all place 4-24 :)))

Hehe, prize for 25th position, nice effort to get more people involved. ;)

But still waiting for the "pure solo" version, the time counter and the points board... :p

I think they intend to award those from 16-25, not only 25th place, but that's me dreaming again ;)
*edit - Yup, dreaming...

Agree on the solo aspect though, that's how I'm doing it, and it would be nice to have a category to cover that.

Last edited:
Wow 30h for 5 days sounds very moderate, so maybe i will take part his time :wtg:

I really like those 25. Place Prices

But Chronicle in Category 4 on place two and Sentinel at place three? Should be the other way round :laugh:

Here we go again... In the lower end of cat 3. even if I could afford a proper gun, I wouldn't stand a chance. If only the prizes wasn't so damn nice, it wouldn't bother me so much.

What the deal with those who come 16-24 get nothing, but 25th gets a nice prize? And a nicer one than 10-14 ?

What the deal with those who come 16-24 get nothing, but 25th gets a nice prize? And a nicer one than 10-14 ?

Seems to be pretty much a "Losers Chance" prize :)

If a participant’s highest professional standing increases after accepting the Mayhem mission (but before the event start time) and would place the participant into a higher category, the participant will compete in the higher category for the Mayhem event.

If I understand this right then I can participate in category one if I level up from 24 to 25 during event? I have 24.08 right now but after 30h in event I will definitely get atleast 2-3 levels more.

If I understand this right then I can participate in category one if I level up from 24 to 25 during event? I have 24.08 right now but after 30h I will definitely get atleast 2-3 levels more.

That's correct

Cool...so I guess I will finally finish my daikiba iron challenge :laugh:

Cool...so I guess I will finally finish my daikiba iron challenge :laugh:

Yeah, daiki and shins count both for the Iron. The Bronze only Shins count. That's why I asked to include Shins too in Cat1 a couple post back.

Hmm....but online time counter for example in Merry Mayhem mission log would be useful.

Not gonna happen (this year, else we would have known about it now).

Still no timer... what is so hard that in the mission screen u show ur online time?

same thing but worst mobs :) or i miss something!

They fired Pioneer, so nobody was bugging them to implement it, so they didn't. Simple.

Heh, I can see number 24 and 26 for each category being :cdevil: when they find out.

Good luck to all participants!

Daikiba seems a strange choice for Category 1.

1 point to inflict 30-70 damage
5 points to inflict 800-830 damage

It seems anyone that can 1-shot kill a Daikiba young in entering a lottery with each other.

I'm a bit upset that I've been holding back my skills to participate in this level and now have no advantage over joe-newbie.

Please bring back Cornundacauda.

Heh, I can see number 24 and 26 for each category being :cdevil: when they find out.

Good luck to all participants!

Well... I was not planning to participate, but ... maybe I will try for 25th now. I mean, get the mission and spend a bunch of hours for one week on hunting Feffoids. If there are more than 24 people who are more active than me - fine, I just got a chunk of 5K mission done. I'm very much not trying for top 10.

It seems anyone that can 1-shot kill a Daikiba young in entering a lottery with each other.

I'm a bit upset that I've been holding back my skills to participate in this level and now have no advantage over joe-newbie.

Yes, very strange choice. Especially as a daki stalker hits harder than the cat2 feffoid clan warlord.

• Dec. 21: Skill chipping is no longer allowed for Mayhem participants. The Mayhem Mission becomes available from the NPC Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis.
Sounds like Rextulum is reserved for a "special" clientele. :D

well this rule same as prize sets are made to maximize spendings of ppl during that few days. after bit thinking about that i am sure they were designed that way, and i must admit one eho think that out was know well what he was doing.

i am fine with such rules set, even if they are clearly to drag max peds ( as usual, but used tobe not so " official lotery" befory ) as long as MA do at elast one of thing proposed last 3-4 years by players. As for MM mechanics i see no improvements at all over last years. Mission and kill counter was here last year, timer on off maybe with some delay is 15 min of job to any medium skiled programmer. Pity MA didn;t listened once again, maybe next year

Hmm, so 4k ped in ammo, and about 3k ped in decay, and if I have a non stop train of mobs running into my blender, I can win this.
Why do I get a feeling that looks better on paper then in practice. :)

Back