Normandie Radio goes silent

Trying to establish a taxation and attacking ships knowing that the costs to kill them are way higher then anything you could loot from them is no act of piracy - its an act of 'bountyhunting' performed by the funding of Caly and Stagger paying big for all your guys ammo. Though there is nothing wrong with that it just shows how right i was in preparing to extend the ToS starfleet.
(highlighting added)

Debatable. When they try the same thing with small vessels we call it harassment, don't we? It's also called a "protection racket". And it's been pointed out , by some of the the real pirates, that such actions are against the ToU.

In any case, it does indeed show that you made a smart move there, John

jay :)

It's real money. You take my stuff against my will, thats theft. I dont stress over this issue but I do recognise unethical behaviour when I see it.

You should consider reading MindArk's ToU and EULA; nothing here is 'your stuff' or 'my stuff', it's all MindArk's stuff.

That said, while the PED is 'backed' by cash, alas, it is not cash, nor does it have any real world value. Once you transfer your money to PED, it becomes virtual pixie dust.

oh what, where space is ...... :p
who ever come to space isnt safe in space. most people think is safe, not even in Mothership with all the crew in plus passenger.
they might not have known was pirates was coming after Normandie ship

I carry loot often and still have not been looted, its not that space is unsafe its that its mine.

Hmm... Isn't Stagger on the Normandie guest list?... Well he was when i flew on the ship.

Guess having attacking pirates spawn on the MS would have looked a bit dodgy.

Anyway thats why a few people i know no longer fly on the MAndy, maybe things have changed now but for some they simply thought it was a little strange.

Looked fun anyway. :)

Hmm... Isn't Stagger on the Normandie guest list?... Well he was when i flew on the ship.

Guess having attacking pirates spawn on the MS would have looked a bit dodgy.

Anyway thats why a few people i know no longer fly on the MAndy, maybe things have changed now but for some they simply thought it was a little strange.

Looked fun anyway. :)

Stagger was on the list back when Nebula Virus had agreed to not attack any of our passengers, this has changed of course after he asked for taxation and didnt get it.

This is actually a wrong statement, you might have been in that range for your guns in relation to the Normandie herself, but not in relation to her guns.
This is due to the size of motherships leading to not all guns being able to defend all parts of the ship and due to mindarks design flaw of not making one of the hangar gunner turrets avaiable to use yet it even leaves you one point to attack where no gun can hit you back. This has been figured out by stagger some time back and he has been experimenting with it for awhile now leading to this 'Special' attack from 'outofrange' for mothership guns.
So yes congratulations on being the first to take down Normandie on a passenger flight, though no passengers were lootet and only a few peds worth of pirate gift stuff from the crew.
I already put a support case of reassigning the current gunner turret access for one gun to allow covering the whole mothership towards mindark quite some time ago and maybe they will listen more closely to this now as you are showing off how to attack out of safety.
You still took quite some time to bring the ship down and if the guns coud have been used to retaliate fire on more then the few occassions were one of you didnt watch his distance you can be sure you would have been all dead.
But regardless this kind of attacks have been the reason for me to start aquisition of another mothership to cover the weakspot which will soon make sure that you have to fight in guns range regardless of wheter mindark fixes that bug or not.

And to the person saying to do this after i sayed that pirates are no thread - i still stand by what i said:
'In my opinion there is no thread from real pirates, but what we happen to have in the universe is a few pirate organisations who try to establish
some kind of taxation for spacecrafts providing passenger service.
This of course is a development that needs to be cut down as long as its weak and the major reason why i have went the route of raising an additional
crew for a new battleship that soon will join the ToS starfleet.'
Trying to establish a taxation and attacking ships knowing that the costs to kill them are way higher then anything you could loot from them is no act of piracy - its an act of 'bountyhunting' performed by the funding of Caly and Stagger paying big for all your guys ammo. Though there is nothing wrong with that it just shows how right i was in preparing to extend the ToS starfleet.

I don't know, we were hitting the ship from all different angles, not just the back (see video for reference). A fair number of us were flying within range of the guns on multiple sides-- a couple people took hits (again, as you can see in the video), but only two were shot down. Remember, it would be the job of your pilot to ensure your gunners are in a proper firing angle; and then the job of your gunners to actually hit a moving target, you're not in a stationary object, but a mothership which has the capabillity to move!

Really, what it comes down to; while the Normandie is a fairly hard hitting ship, your gunners don't exactly get a 'lot' of practice on moving targets in 3D space (cosmic horrors don't count, they may as well not move). Meanwhile, pirates, we spend hours every day in space combat, targeting, chasing, evading, battling, fighting ..... and I'm not saying we're all awesome, because hell, I need a lot of practice and am probably one of the worst shots, but, what we do get of.... is a LOT of practice in our craft. And you've got to admit, when it comes to space combat, pirates do have a bit of an edge over your average gunner in both evasion and targeting. :) Yes, there are some awesome 'good guys' out there who can tackle almost any pirate, but they are the exception, not the rule.

So, I notice you said the job of the new battleship will be to defend the Normandie? Does that mean the new battleship will no longer be hovering over Arkadia to defend her space, but instead will be re-assigned to follow the Normandie around? ;)

So, I notice you said the job of the new battleship will be to defend the Normandie? Does that mean the new battleship will no longer be hovering over Arkadia to defend her space, but instead will be re-assigned to follow the Normandie around? ;)

THe new battleship will of course defend arkadian space, but it also will have a warp drave and able to warp in within seconds to any point were you guys get in serious amount together ;-)

THe new battleship will of course defend arkadian space, but it also will have a warp drave and able to warp in within seconds to any point were you guys get in serious amount together ;-)

I do adore the challenges you are setting out!

Would it be wrong for me to fall in love with you at some point? :)

..... of course, it also means an arms race; which means, sooner or later, a pirate mothership or two is going to appear and then epic battles where motherships will be slugging it out in the cold darkness of space surrounded by dozens of quads shooting each other into explosive confetti! This must happen, at any cost!

more stuff to shoot at!

This is actually a wrong statement, you might have been in that range for your guns in relation to the Normandie herself, but not in relation to her guns.
This is due to the size of motherships leading to not all guns being able to defend all parts of the ship and due to mindarks design flaw of not making one of the hangar gunner turrets avaiable to use yet it even leaves you one point to attack where no gun can hit you back. This has been figured out by stagger some time back and he has been experimenting with it for awhile now leading to this 'Special' attack from 'outofrange' for mothership guns.
So yes congratulations on being the first to take down Normandie on a passenger flight, though no passengers were lootet and only a few peds worth of pirate gift stuff from the crew.
I already put a support case of reassigning the current gunner turret access for one gun to allow covering the whole mothership towards mindark quite some time ago and maybe they will listen more closely to this now as you are showing off how to attack out of safety.
You still took quite some time to bring the ship down and if the guns coud have been used to retaliate fire on more then the few occassions were one of you didnt watch his distance you can be sure you would have been all dead.
But regardless this kind of attacks have been the reason for me to start aquisition of another mothership to cover the weakspot which will soon make sure that you have to fight in guns range regardless of wheter mindark fixes that bug or not.

And to the person saying to do this after i sayed that pirates are no thread - i still stand by what i said:
'In my opinion there is no thread from real pirates, but what we happen to have in the universe is a few pirate organisations who try to establish
some kind of taxation for spacecrafts providing passenger service.
This of course is a development that needs to be cut down as long as its weak and the major reason why i have went the route of raising an additional
crew for a new battleship that soon will join the ToS starfleet.'

Watch the video properly jbk,
put it on 5:03 into the vid, you'll see that only 2 or 3 out of the 12 pirates that were at the strike used rangeing to keep safe from your guns.
the rest was flying and dodging.. you people didn't have a chance.
besides that the range to stay safe can easily be outflown by the ships pilot, thou .. it seemed like the pilot started shooting at us at some point instead of flying. does that show fear of losing?
and first you say that pirates are not a threat, even in this topic.. and shortly after you state how you were right about
buying this second mothership for protection.. because WE ARE A THREAT :Yup:

I'm really flattered that you people call us cheaters, it only confirms how deadly we were at the time being.

oh yeah,, and atleast i'm not getting wealthy off the ped spendings of my crewmembers ^^
as far as i know john black knight doesn't pay any member of his crew, but he does state it on the site.
atleast i'm a captain who cares about his members pedcard and wants the whole family to grow.. not just one person.

we won this battle by fine preparation, applying of tactics, trust and skill.

Good Morning :)

*yawns* Well its been a long time since I've read such Forum Pirate troll twaddle...

I think its about time this whole thread got some clarification.
Although I do appreciate the trolls bringing some publicity to www.normandieradio.co.uk :D

Shal we begin? Okais.

1) Normandie radio never goes silent, Infact my own show (DJ Bonnie) continued all during the event, and for 3 hours after, had a really great show and got some awesome feedback :) DJ Juke box continues the great songs 24/7 ;)

2) You forgot to add the most important disclaimer to the start of your ickle movie -
"No passangers were hurt or looted in the making of this film"

3) The "pirate crew" who were invloved consisted of a large number of "hired-help" :laugh:

Ill elaborate on that one...

Staggger, the dear soul that he is, (where are you hun? ;) ) Joined his little band of pirates with Daisys (skulls) not so long ago, and had some great fun times pulling down pathfinders and smaller motherships. Alas, their love for each other sealed thier fate, and the whole lot got disbanded.

Now with a dwindling and out of focus crew, Stagger decided to approach as many people as possible with a single offer -
( i know this because the poor dear even approached a pilot of mandie and one of her many allied societies regarding his proposition)

It was a simple offer -
" Want to earn some loot? Come to space and do as I say, Ill pay for all your ammo, and we split the loot"

Sounds interesting huh? :scratch2:

What it really should have read was the following -

"I have a personal grudge and dont have enough pirates to help, come to space do as I say, I know for a fact that there will be zero loot"

The Irony of the whole situation is that Stagger tried to Tax Normandie to provide " security services" When the offer was flatly rejected, Stagger has found him self in the unfortunate position of the tables being turned completely - Him having to pay out a tonne of peds.... for zero benifit.... Diddums. Gotta love a bit of irony ;)

For those couple of "real" *chokes* pirates who were there, did you get paid also? If not.. kinda sucks to be you right now huh? why did the noob hired helped get paid and you didnt? poor dears.

Anyway where was I... ah yes,

4) The threat.

I 100% stand by the commander in the statment that pirates cause no threat to the Normandies service. Mandie's service is a simple one - the swift safe and effective transportation of passenegers acrross the universe - which she has achieved, every single day since the dawn of space with a 100% success rate.

I have a photo of the handful of the crew memebers who found themself in the way of a stray laser, and they were proud to report their generous gifts of fruit and dung - hope you make a nice sweet stinky pie with it , nom nom .

I consider the event as more of an annoying inconvience, you know the kind, like when your train is 3 minutes late due to a signalling error. Somewhat irratating, yet not somthing to get excited about ;)

In conclusion... Pirates (of sorts, hired help or otherwise) spent a heap of peds on the little incident... and in the end... got well and truely Hussk'd :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yours,

Captain Bonnie of the MS Normandie ;)

I'd just like to congratulate the hired guns for taking advantage of a known weakspot and achieving their goal at high cost and little loot.

As a repairer i learned something last night - something that can be used to Mandie's benefit in future when it really matters.

The instigator of this minor incident has no doubt learned that advertising comes at a cost one way or another.

Oh, and can someone please change the mis-noma of a thread title please. Normandie radio did not fall silent.

Perhaps retitle it "Normandie was destroyed, but licked its wounds then carried on as normal."

*yawns* Well its been a long time since I've read such Forum Pirate troll twaddle...

I think its about time this whole thread got some clarification.
Although I do appreciate the trolls bringing some publicity to www.normandieradio.co.uk :D

Shal we begin? Okais.

1) Normandie radio never goes silent, Infact my own show (DJ Bonnie) continued all during the event, and for 3 hours after, had a really great show and got some awesome feedback :) DJ Juke box continues the great songs 24/7 ;)

2) You forgot to add the most important disclaimer to the start of your ickle movie -
"No passangers were hurt or looted in the making of this film"

3) The "pirate crew" who were invloved consisted of a large number of "hired-help" :laugh:

Ill elaborate on that one...

Staggger, the dear soul that he is, (where are you hun? ;) ) Joined his little band of pirates with Daisys (skulls) not so long ago, and had some great fun times pulling down pathfinders and smaller motherships. Alas, their love for each other sealed thier fate, and the whole lot got disbanded.

Now with a dwindling and out of focus crew, Stagger decided to approach as many people as possible with a single offer -
( i know this because the poor dear even approached a pilot of mandie and one of her many allied societies regarding his proposition)

It was a simple offer -
" Want to earn some loot? Come to space and do as I say, Ill pay for all your ammo, and we split the loot"

Sounds interesting huh? :scratch2:

What it really should have read was the following -

"I have a personal grudge and dont have enough pirates to help, come to space do as I say, I know for a fact that there will be zero loot"

The Irony of the whole situation is that Stagger tried to Tax Normandie to provide " security services" When the offer was flatly rejected, Stagger has found him self in the unfortunate position of the tables being turned completely - Him having to pay out a tonne of peds.... for zero benifit.... Diddums. Gotta love a bit of irony ;)

For those couple of "real" *chokes* pirates who were there, did you get paid also? If not.. kinda sucks to be you right now huh? why did the noob hired helped get paid and you didnt? poor dears.

Anyway where was I... ah yes,

4) The threat.

I 100% stand by the commander in the statment that pirates cause no threat to the Normandies service. Mandie's service is a simple one - the swift safe and effective transportation of passenegers acrross the universe - which she has achieved, every single day since the dawn of space with a 100% success rate.

I have a photo of the handful of the crew memebers who found themself in the way of a stray laser, and they were proud to report their generous gifts of fruit and dung - hope you make a nice sweet stinky pie with it , nom nom .

I consider the event as more of an annoying inconvience, you know the kind, like when your train is 3 minutes late due to a signalling error. Somewhat irratating, yet not somthing to get excited about ;)

In conclusion... Pirates (of sorts, hired help or otherwise) spent a heap of peds on the little incident... and in the end... got well and truely Hussk'd :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yours,

Captain Bonnie of the MS Normandie ;)

you are suffering from the illusion of knowledge.

that looked pretty good actually YAY FOR SPACE!

As an occasional passenger i must say it is quite an achievement to bring down a mothership as well prepared as the normandie. Seeing how long it takes to destory the normandie makes me feel safer to use the normandie for stackable transport though.

It will be interesting to see what will happen once MA will disable the logoff feature and the fix the shooting problems motherships have.

Now MA give us bigger repair tools, im skilling like crazy to be able to use them when we get them :)

It seemed like fun, and whats funny, Aeris gives the big speech, while he cant even aim or shoot properly. Checking this vid and his earlier streamings, if hes alone, i kill him 2 times before he would take me. Also on this vid shows the lack of knowledge on his own ship (shootin MS from where it cannot be reached).
Nice organization Stagger n branch, however, totally worthless, by the time u kill a MS all the "loot holders" can logout. Blind spot for MS is 'bug' so is logging out in battle situation in my eyes. HF in future battles, I think u make the game more interesting with these kind of actions.

Cheers

It's real money. You take my stuff against my will, thats theft. I dont stress over this issue but I do recognise unethical behaviour when I see it.

it's not real money..it's PED's.. game money in this game... GAME!! it's a game!

Thanks for sharing Video and for showing that no Vessel is safe.

Wrong. What matters is what is "sustainable." MS Normandie can sustain and maintain it's missions and guarantees to its passengers and crew. We use terms like honor, code & loyalty. You and your lot cannot understand these concepts and therefore doom yourselves to loss, anger and mediocrity. Stepping over dollars to pick up dimes is not an accomplishment...it's folly. Plain and simple.

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance. Thank you boys for making this statement more true than ever.

Let me answer to that with your own post (one of many this style BTW)

crying.jpg

I'm aware of the bs line you spin to try to justify yourself. You take peoples stuff without their consent. I totally accept that you don't see it that way but you're still a thief.

Seems to me that it is you who "don't see" or don't understand and tries to stick to some bs lines and insulting others.
You enter lootable PVP = you agree to take risk in being killed and looted.
Looting in lootable PVP is taking people's stuff WITH their consent. Face it.

If you don't wanna risk it, don't enter there or don't carry anything that can be looted.

:cool: Ha haha...Quite a good recent picture of Stagger. Hi-Res too. Awesome! ;)

it's not real money..it's PED's.. game money in this game... GAME!! it's a game!

So i guess you wont mind giving me all your game money since it's not real.

Seems to me that it is you who "don't see" or don't understand and tries to stick to some bs lines and insulting others.
You enter lootable PVP = you agree to take risk in being killed and looted.
Looting in lootable PVP is taking people's stuff WITH their consent. Face it.

If you don't wanna risk it, don't enter there or don't carry anything that can be looted.

Yep its up to me whether I want to risk being robbed. Not real concerned if pirates feel they have been insulted. It's not like I am stealing from them.

:cool: Ha haha...Quite a good recent picture of Stagger. Hi-Res too. Awesome! ;)

Your hating flatters me.
i remember your voice on teamspeak being very shaky and all for some certain reason ;)
or did you forget about that day? you whining to me for mercy and with your list of apologies.

[ i removed my post out of respect of peoples privacy ]

Last edited:
The first legitimate take down of a prepared/crewed Mother ship.

Edit:

Fun is fun! I had fun I wish more of you had fun, next time I hope you have some fun because this is still just a game and its meant to be fun. if the QQ and other claims are how you have fun I can see you must be ear to ear right meow :p

see you all next time...
And remember all of space is belonging to Nebula Virus, we just let you use it.

Just my twopennyworth here,

I wasnt there when the battle occurred so Im not gonna comment on that one, neither am I going to slag off or slate anyone here, as I dont know many of the players involved outside of the Normandie Crew...but what I will say is that the lead title on this post is a crock!!!

FACT: Normandie Radio DID NOT and WILL NOT go silent in the event of the Normandie MS being taken down, as it is run on an external server and is therefore not affected by in game play!!! This I know to be fact because the radio operations are run from mine and Mel Bosshart's home, and we organised the set up of the stream.

I am not one to get involved in slanging matches with people, I am here to have fun, but what I do is sit and observe.......and it seems to me that some people in game do not like the fact that Normandie Radio has taken off and has obtained as many listeners and supporters as it has. I observed a conversation yesterday at PA where it was announced that a certain radio station owner had put a bounty on the Normandie, paying for pirates to take it down. If this is true then it would seem to me that said person cant handle a little competition.....EU like real life is all about choices....we chose to run the radio station, and crew the normandie, the pirates chose to go into space and attack ships, those who travel in space chose to take stackables along.....but most importantly the listeners have the CHOICE of which radio station they listen to.......they are all adults and are perfectly capable of deciding which station they tune into and anyone who feels the need to influence this by causing mayhem and disruption needs to grow up!

All I want to do is play eu, hang with my friends and play the music I (and I hope our listeners) enjoy....live and let live people!

So i guess you wont mind giving me all your game money since it's not real.

lootable pvp is part of the game. if you dont like it dont go there. I dont understand why some ppl cant understand it.. seems simple enough.

and no, you can't have my peds because Im using them.

An observation from the video in the OP that I don't think has been mentioned yet. At 5:30 there's a sudden jump in Mandie's health bar - from about 60% full to about 20%. So it seems that it took them longer to take down than the video suggests.

Anyone who wants to see for themselves might wanna forward to 3:30 to cut through all the "hey look at us, we're flying in formation in space" crap.

Back