Closing Support Cases

Tycoon

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
Every time I make a support case, I get a "canned" response, then my case is closed and I don't get the opportunity to reply to the (usually inadequate) response! I always have to open another case and cite my last case in order to respond!

I know there are many people who have made support cases on many issues! What I gather from what I see posted on the forums is most of the first responses people receive are these vague, "we'll look into it", no-info, and in some cases (speaking from personal experience) I might even go as far as to say dismissive responses... which, I mean no offense, is completely understandable for first response... but, it's not acceptable when the case is then closed! If you can't respond and that's all you get, it's very frustrating! (especially after waiting days for an answer!)

Support needs a policy for leaving cases open for some period of time, maybe a week or two... I think they used to do so, but this practice has been dropped lately!

Please pass the word on - Leave Support Cases Open!!! (at least for a little while)

:thumbup:

I also get this every time. Last time I started my support case with a text about not closing it before It got solved and now they didn't.

As far as I know our guidelines state that cases should indeed be left open until the customer believes that the matter has been resolved, at least this was the case when I was working there. Ill have a talk with the support staff and see if I can get a response for you.

Cheers

As far as I know our guidelines state that cases should indeed be left open until the customer believes that the matter has been resolved, at least this was the case when I was working there. Ill have a talk with the support staff and see if there's been mistake somewhere.

Cheers

Hooray! thanks a bunch! :yay:

strange they never close any on me.

Last one they closed on me awefully quick only got to write my case then they gave me a standard cut copy reply.

And the one before that:

After I never got a warning message that signs cant be posted on LA markers when I placed it on there and then It went missing, the case was never really resolved then they just closed it on me saying that they cannot prove it and that was it.

I kinda gave up on support along time ago, Seems the Dev's are making it better by communicating with the community alot more, This to me makes the lack of warmth support shows all better!

+rep Devs
-rep Support

Inno

Same here.....support closing cases without matters being fully resolved or clarified.

I have had the same problems with my ongoing estate issues and my left over event ticket support case. The estate issue I reopened and asked them to not close it again until my estates are fixed - no responce at all from support.

My case about the event tickets... last I heard from "Pamela" was in December 2011 saying she would be back in touch with me after the holidays in January - I have sent her THREE msgs via the support case asking why she never followed up in january.. and still no responce. Its nothing short of disgusting service.

I'm more upset about the ongoing estate bug tho... its affecting two of my estates... one of which was an expensive medusahead apartment - ya its nothing more then eye candy... but for the price of that eye candy I would like it to WORK.

XZC

As far as I know our guidelines state that cases should indeed be left open until the customer believes that the matter has been resolved, at least this was the case when I was working there. Ill have a talk with the support staff and see if I can get a response for you.

Cheers

It used to be that they would be left open until we closed them manually - now they just copy-paste and close them ASAP.

Also note: While we can CREATE a support case through the EU client - we CANNOT update/add any further info directly from within the EU client (some EMPTY subject error) - and are forced to update/add info via the website only. Please fix. Thanks.

Same complaint here, cases closed without clarification nor resolution.

You think closing a case is bad? what about them IGNORING a case? Been waiting for a conclusion 32 days now (and counting)...

And it's not a ''difficult'' case to solve.. my cousin had the same case and it got solved in 2 weeks time.

You think closing a case is bad? what about them IGNORING a case? Been waiting for a conclusion 32 days now (and counting)...

And it's not a ''difficult'' case to solve.. my cousin had the same case and it got solved in 2 weeks time.

Youre right also. Atm i am sending 1 support case ever 20mins as it is a working day and i should not still be stuck in space since this morning. For a RCE thats a bit Pathetic really when other non rce are MUCH quicker of the bat. Rule in business, if your dependent on repeat customers, u know things might go wrong, then you damn well make sure your customer support at the very least is up to scratch.

I had the same issue about a gold card. Two cases closed after 1st response of support. The 2nd case was because case 1 got closed.
In the end as regular communication seems not possible, we gave up on the issue.

My last 2 cases have been closed immediately with the reply that there were no plans to fix the bugs that (very seriously) affect the gameplay of myself and my society members.

Hmm the longest I had to wait for a support case answer was 9 days... and I only had problems with them closing the case before resolution once or twice that I can remember :dunno:

Same complaint here, cases closed without clarification nor resolution.

I had an a101 amp dissapear on me the same night as i purchased it from somebody, submitted a support case, waited for months than looked and it was closed....

when i resubmitted the case i didnt remember all the details, and they basically said your SOL because we never seen an a101 go missing.

I'm glad it's not just me! :grouphug:

(actually, I wish it didn't happen to anybody... but it does) :lam:

Same here, it's been like that for a while.

It used to be that they would be left open until we closed them manually - now they just copy-paste and close them ASAP.

Also note: While we can CREATE a support case through the EU client - we CANNOT update/add any further info directly from within the EU client (some EMPTY subject error) - and are forced to update/add info via the website only. Please fix. Thanks.

I am able to update my cases within EU not a problem... its hard to spot but at the top of the msg body there is a text input line... click on it and type your responce and hit submit again and it will update.

XZC

Most of the times I got the opportunity to reply back or close the file myself, but the last one was a fail.

My last support request was very valid and well enough detailed but I got a canned answer that can fit on any thinkable question and the file was closed. I feel that it was a script that responded while the operator was away at Burger King.

Bernz

Cheers

Talk especialy with George...he is doing that constantly ( Even my "compliant" case over him ( handled by him too :eek: ) was closed that way...lol)

Same complaint here, cases closed without clarification or resolution been given.

Cheers

Either the policy changed, or it is ignored. I asked a question, didn't get an answer to the question I asked and saw my case getting closed.

I also get this every time. Last time I started my support case with a text about not closing it before It got solved and now they didn't.
I just made a support case on 2/20/2012...
As the last line of my case I wrote - "Please do not close this support case!"
(seeings how I KNEW they would close it if I didn't ask them not to)

Today (2/22/2012) I got quite a useless reply and the case was closed!...
Despite me specifically asking them in the case not to close it, they closed it anyway!!!
(by Laura | Planet Calypso Support)

I REALLY hate this treatment! I can't ever respond to any case?! This is :bs:
Ill have a talk with the support staff and see if I can get a response for you.

Cheers
eagerly anticipating that response!

Cheers

Last edited:

Cheers
Still waiting a week now to hear what kind of response Kim gets from the talk he said he'd have with support!...

This is the response I got...
2012-02-25 23:55 You wrote: said:
Please reopen my support cases #'s 221705 & 222756

In the last case I filed (222756), I specifically put in the case "(please do not close this support case!)"... but the case was closed despite me asking to have it remain open!

If you close people's cases they cannot possibly respond or add new info without making a new case!

Please reopen my cases, and please do not close my cases in the future when I ask to have them stay open!!!
2012-02-27 22:54 Entropia Universe Support: said:
Hi,

I am sorry that you are upset about this and believe it is necessary to explain how we work.

Members of the Support Department do not solve software bugs and errors. Our main task is to offer technical assistance and to pinpoint the cause of bugs and errors reported (whether the cause is user or software related). Once we have tested and verified the issue as software related, all vital information is forwarded to the relevant team in our organization. Unless we need more information from the user to locate the cause, we close the case since we can not offer an ETA for a solution. The issues are investigated by the responsible team and fixed according to their priority.

Thank you for your patience and participation in the Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Laura | Planet Calypso Support
This case was closed as well, I can't respond!

WHYYY?!?!? Why are we not given the opportunity to respond to cases we open?... Just because these forwarders deem it unnecessary? I think that's a load of crap! If I just wanted a message forwarded, an automated system could easily be put in place to do just that! I am so damn sick of having to open a new case to respond to a case I've already made, and having to refer to cases I didn't ask to be closed!

I would really like to know who exactly changed the policy from (as Kim put it) "cases should indeed be left open until the customer believes that the matter has been resolved" to this extremely frustrating new policy described to me in my last support case as "Unless we need more information from the user to locate the cause, we close the case"!

I DO remember the days when it was as Kim describes it... and boooy do I miss them days! :cdevil:

Does anyone remember the times, where you could close the cases manually AND give a rating for how the case was handled?

Well, I also am treated like most of you. Sending a case, getting an answer that can't be called "answer" and the case beeing closed. BUT there still is one single case open, where I described my issues with some textured clothes (still not fixed after over a year though^^). In this case, I can still add rants about how they handle the case, but they didn't reply for more than 5 month ;) I guess on their side, the case is already closed like all my other cases^^

Customer treatmant at its best...

Another question asked and standard form response received here. Closed out by George. Again.

If I could even just know that it was read...

Closed Support Cases

I have to chime in here and say that the last 5 or 6 support cases were only responded to with repeated canned responses and then closed. Support will not address the issues. I do not understand how such poor customer service can exsist with a company that is trying to EXPAND their business, and make the EU experience better.

They should have an escalation, a problem manager, or some other person to reply if the standard support team is so useless that all they can do is cut and past the same blah blah blah, "We are sorry you are upset, but tough (@^@#(&$@!!.

I work IRL as a Support Analyst for a large energy company and if I treated one single customer the way I get treated by EU Support, I wouldn't be working more than a day.

Let's hope someone actually listens, and doesn't copy and paste a response on this issue as well.

Regards.

Back