Entropia Universe Receives $2.5 Million Dollars From One Investor in Planet Calypso Citizenship System

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
GOTHENBURG, Sweden, April 4, 2012
/PRNewswire/

MindArk, developer and publisher of the largest real money MMO, announced today that an investor acquired $2.5 Million Dollars (25 Million Project Entropia Dollars, PED) worth of land lot deeds on Planet Calypso. The land deeds, bought through the Citizenship system, allow revenue sharing to participants. Since the release of the Citizenship system in November almost all of the initial offerings of 60 thousand deeds have been acquired by participants with an annual ROI of approximately 27%.

When a player procures land deeds they are granted certain privileges, these include receiving a share in the Planet Partner gross revenue of Calypso, paid weekly. This means that those in the Citizenship system are directly profit sharing from the game itself. The land deeds are auctioned at a base price of $100 per deed and have mostly gone out one-by-one. However large monetary transactions are nothing new in Planet Calypso with one player paying $330,000 for a Virtual Space Station in 2010 which, at the time, set a world record.

Read the full press release on PR Newswire

nice to hear that :)

Lets see what price the last few CLD sell for now that they've almost all gone.

Great, maybe now you start to give something back:) and maybe things will go back to normal if no CLD are available

Lets see what price the last few CLD sell for now that they've almost all gone.

Who says they are gone? Nothing in the story indicates that the guy isn't just going to resell them all tomorrow.

Would have been nice to know who Daddy Warbucks is, but I guess it doesn't matter. It's nice to see that Marco still has his place in our community. ;)

Saying "an investor acquired" them sounds a lot better than saying, "our former employee" or "our business partner"

Either way, if this cleans out the auction of the ones MA is selling, I'm looking foward to seeing where this little circus goes.

Last edited:
Considering MA stated some time ago that half(30000) of 60000 CLD was sold.

..and that this is 25000 CLDs.

..and considering the CLD players ingame have bought.

..there should be 1 left, in ingame auction.

Unless this is old new, and was already incuded when MA said half sold.... :wise:

or maybe this is bluff, maybe the players bought all the CLD and MA messed up the market graphs and now claims that one guy actually payed 2,5 M USD for those just to encourage us:)

Let the conspiracy begin!

Unless this is old new, and was already incuded when MA said half sold....

yes, thats the critical info we need to know... anyway it's a good news!

Lately, I was following the global auction .... most of the time there are no single or double stack in global auction ... but there were in calypso auction.....after observing this pattern for few days I thought MA doesn't want anymore ingame peds to be used for cld purchage (low budget). Instead, I thought. MA wanted money to be deposited to buy CLD, hence higher stacks ( 20 50 100 etc) in global auction!

Here are the picks coz I was really curious about something fishy..so took the pics ... watch the date:

why no 1-9 stack CLD stack in global

cld_sale_why_no_1_to_9_units_stack_in_auction_413439.jpg

While good demand for them with High MU in calypso auction

plenty_of_demand_for_1_or_2_cld_in_auction_house_but_none_in_global_auction_70671.jpg

Last edited:
or maybe this is bluff, maybe the players bought all the CLD and MA messed up the market graphs and now claims that one guy actually payed 2,5 M USD for those just to encourage us:)

Let the conspiracy begin!

..and the fun thing is... not one person here would be surprised, it it was true. :silly2:

What was it this week? 3.6Ped per deed? I haven't seen any on global auction for a while. I think they are all gone now?

I wonder if this is Akoz :D

I'd be surprised if it's a player.

25000 deeds at 3.42ped / week (this weeks payout I believe) is 85500 ped / $8550. Now even a real EU addict would find it hard to spend that every week.

So we can only assume that it's going to be withdrawn from EU rather than being spent in game.

While I am happy isn't this scrwing the voting system. Who bought 24k deeds will take all the desisions put for voting :laugh:

While I am happy isn't this scrwing the voting system. Who bought 24k deeds will take all the desisions put for voting :laugh:

He who has the gold, makes the rules.:wise:

And 2777 new housing plots.

ahh crap, i wanted to buy some more :(

ahh crap, i wanted to buy some more :(
The chance will come... maybe not at 1k per deed price, but I suspect we'll see lots of deeds in auction in the coming days... might see them in shops too since MA adjusted the way shops work to allow CLDs to be sold in them now.

I wonder if this was Marco.

That guy has a lot of faith but good luck to him or her!

It's a good way to stop the whinning. at least temporarily

This sounds very fishy to me.

This should make it clear that with auction sales, and no matter when this big sale was, leaves very little, if any deeds left to be auctioned off by mind ark...

Crap, i wanted to grab another 30 later this month....ah well...

:cool:

25,000 CLDs? :eyecrazy:

Bjorn, you're reading this. How many CLDs left? (smile.jpg)

they will issue that there are still some....... I wnt' be surprised if this is old news ... and MA wants to create increased demand and fresh infusion of money!

did i bought the last 2? 45 minutes before the announcment :laugh:
and big Gz to th Calyposo team and Ma

they will issue that there are still some....... I wnt' be surprised if this is old news ... and MA wants to create increased demand and fresh infusion of money!

you think thaht 25k CLD are bought throught the ingame auction. I dont think so.
so 25 000 outside + 34 600 inside = 59 600 sold aproximately

Back