Advertising Entropia with 6 Million dolares

Hey felow Entropians...

Imagine you are the BOSS in MA chair, you achive the goal of sell 60k CLD and you have promess for the community, (us), a big part will be spend in advertisement to call the most posibel players to the game with less money posibel spend but you have in pocket 6 Millions what you will do ?

Lets give Mindark ideas to spend the money in something really worth it and bring us all the hapiness of the old days :D

My example is why not pay someone to make a music with MA clothes in a funny Entropia cenario... Dont cost more then 10k dolares to do it and it will bring 18 Million views in youtube.
Im sure many many many will join much more then any ADS or BS...

Bring your ideas and lets Help MA Invest the money on good waves...
If not another castle will come and economy died :(

Screw the old days. I just want all the ubers to stop soaking up all the loot. Communism for the win.

Screw the old days. I just want all the ubers to stop soaking up all the loot. Communism for the win.

if MA made EU so that ubers couldnt benefit there would be no point in being uber, no game can work like that, RCE or no RCE

if MA made EU so that ubers couldnt benefit there would be no point in being uber, no game can work like that, RCE or no RCE

sooo true :D

equally if they made it so only ubers could benefit then you'd never get anyone past newbie.

If the loot on the uber mobs different to the newbie mobs then atleast we'd get some reason to progress, But many of the uber mobs share a lot of the same items as the newbie.

This thread is pointless. MA has clearly stated that not all of the 6 million will be used for advertising.

Facts

• There are 6 million USD available to Planet Calypso
  • Part of that will be used to fund ongoing development.
  • Part of that will be used to fund an advertising campaign.
  • None of that will be used for the loot pool.

Now that some facts have been established, let's have a discussion that actually revolves around pertinent information and isnt a complete waste of time.

This thread is pointless. MA has clearly stated that not all of the 6 million will be used for advertising.

Imagine you are the BOSS in MA chair, you achive the goal of sell 60k CLD and you have promess for the community, (us), a big part will be spend in advertisement to call the most posibel players to the game with less money posibel spend but you have in pocket 6 Millions what you will do ?

Lets give Mindark ideas to spend the money in something really worth it and bring us all the hapiness of the old days :D
Maybe you should take a few reading classes Magyar?

Maybe you should take a few reading classes Magyar?

Sure thing Cerberus. Let's start our education now.

"spend but you have in pocket 6 Millions what you will do ?"

What part of that did you miss? {removed}

Let me clarify. Either you have 6 million to spend, or you dont. In this case, you dont. So the entire query is complete rubbish. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure thing Cerberus. Let's start our education now.

"spend but you have in pocket 6 Millions what you will do ?"

What part of that did you miss? {removed}

Let me clarify. Either you have 6 million to spend, or you dont. In this case, you dont. So the entire query is complete rubbish. Thanks.
I'll help you a little bit.
Not spending 6 million of the CLD sales on marketing, is not equal to spending less than 6 million on marketing overall.
"What would you do if you had 6 million in your pocket, and would spend a large bit on marketing" is not equal to "What would you do with exactly 6 million to spend on marketing".

Every poster so far in this thread realised this already and kept to topic. Everyone except for one very delicate flower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every poster so far in this thread realised this already and kept to topic. Everyone except for one very delicate flower.

To pro Cerberus. I dont even know you and I like you already.

Facts

• There are 6 million USD available to Planet Calypso
  • Part of that will be used to fund ongoing development.
  • Part of that will be used to fund an advertising campaign.
  • None of that will be used for the loot pool.

Now that some facts have been established, let's have a discussion that actually revolves around pertinent information and isnt a complete waste of time.

I think it's fuckin' hysterical that you speak like you know for certain that these are facts. :laugh:

Why state that none of the $6million USD from the sale of CLD's be used to augment/change/alter/revamp the loot pool? I mean, Planet Calypso "purchased" 1,000 deeds to distribute...

<gasp>

... as drops in the loot pool!!! :dunce:

I agree with Magyar on the reality of the subject, but it is a fun exercise to imagine what they could do and I think it's important not to let MA off the hook on this one.

In all actuality, 6 million dolares ;) is probably enough to fund their operating costs for another year or so and then they will be back to trying to figure out the next big thing they can do to find some cash. As it is, the sales of "planets" sure seem to headed south in a hurry and the ones that did manage to get built sure don't seem to be bringing in the huge influx of players as had been talked about.

In the end, I suspect their marketing campaign will be to hire Marco to put on sandwich boards and hand out fliers at the next gaming convention.

I think it's fuckin' hysterical that you speak like you know for certain that these are facts. :laugh:

Why state that none of the $6million USD from the sale of CLD's be used to augment/change/alter/revamp the loot pool? I mean, Planet Calypso "purchased" 1,000 deeds to distribute...

Derp. Because its not 6 million anymore, technically. They only raised 5,900,000. That 100k that is going into deeds isnt coming from fundraising from sales. It's coming from the loot pool that already exists. Sorry to burst your bubble...

<gasp>

... as drops in the loot pool!!! :dunce:

Um. They are facts. Try looking it up. It's been very clearly stated. No I will not hold your (or anyone else's) hand and do your research for you. If folks can spend money here I'm going to assume they are at least somewhat capable adults and can look up things on their own.

I know its a stretch. It seems like there are a good deal of lazy bastards here who prefer to piss and moan over actually educating themselves. But a lack of personal drive an ambition is on their part is not my problem. Figure it out. Or don't. I could care less.

I however am really sick and tired of the moaning that goes on with this forum though. It's way out of hand. This isnt a place to exchange ideas anymore. It's a place for disgruntled players to go and spout verbal garbage. One one hand they complain EU isn't successful enough and that their loots suck, and on the other hand they use the main forum people will refer to as a stomping ground, terrifying new users away with their constant bellyaching.

This community has its head up its ass. For real.

Entropia Universe would be very well served, in my opinion, by shutting this forum down entirely and moving the entire discussion over to a development blog and an active facebook page. Limit the tangents whiners can go off on and maybe bring morale up a bit. This forum at this point in time is just plain bad press for EU. Horrible press.

Last edited:
Um. They are facts. Try looking it up. It's been very clearly stated. No I will not hold your (or anyone else's) hand and do your research for you. If folks can spend money here I'm going to assume they are at least somewhat capable adults and can look up things on their own.

I know its a stretch. It seems like there are a good deal of lazy bastards here who prefer to piss and moan over actually educating themselves. But a lack of personal drive an ambition is on their part is not my problem. Figure it out. Or don't. I could care less.

I however am really sick and tired of the moaning that goes on with this forum though. It's way out of hand. This isnt a place to exchange ideas anymore. It's a place for disgruntled players to go and spout verbal garbage. One one hand they complain EU isn't successful enough and that their loots suck, and on the other hand they use the main forum people will refer to as a stomping ground, terrifying new users away with their constant bellyaching.

This community has its head up its ass. For real.

Entropia Universe would be very well served, in my opinion, by shutting this forum down entirely and moving the entire discussion over to a development blog and an active facebook page. Limit the tangents whiners can go off on and maybe bring morale up a bit. This forum at this point in time is just plain bad press for EU. Horrible press.

And the destination of the 6 millions dolares should pass to close this forum?
Lol... Funny Funny...

I just ask for ideas to help MA do the best with this money anyone can post...
Im sure MA will see it, we never know when they will apply ideas leave in this thread...
Be original MA will appreciate...

And dont swear if u wanna be respect...

And dont swear if u wanna be respect...

No worries there. I have plenty of respect in real life. I dont need it on an internet forum. Especially not the fake respect many members of this community offer. You know, the kind that only happens when you blather on about the trendy topic du jour, and perhaps pass around some hate over MA's "misdeeds." :girl:

Thanks for the tip, though!

Edit: Shit.

Last edited:
Um. They are facts. Try looking it up.

Derp.

Just because MindArk puts something in writing on an internet forum doesn't mean it is a FACT, LMAO!!!

I don't want to have to hold your hand to show you dozens of examples of things that MindArk has stated that ended up either never happening or not happening as originally stated, I'm sure you can do your own research. However, I'll make an effort to educate you on a perfect example of a "fact" from MindArk:

Taming will come during 2010. It is one of those systems that probably isn't just converted, but rather evolved, when it is released.

:wise: (try looking up the current YEAR if you are confused... derp)

Derp.

Just because MindArk puts something in writing on an internet forum doesn't mean it is a FACT, LMAO!!!

I don't want to have to hold your hand to show you dozens of examples of things that MindArk has stated that ended up either never happening or not happening as originally stated, I'm sure you can do your own research. However, I'll make an effort to educate you on a perfect example of a "fact" from MindArk:

:wise:

Now we're grasping at straws. Alright. They can go back on their word. Fine. However instead of assuming they will and planning things out for them as if that nice chunk of cash should be spent at the super bowl, or on trained midgets dancing in every mall in the world, let's try to look at things at face value.

This isnt exactly a development promise they've made. It holds a different weight than simply saying "well, we wanted to release this but since you all wanted to ride Rainbow Nyan Dragons and feed them with the love of Lancelot while they fart a multicolored spectrum we can all mine for residue and profit we had to push this back a bit." They appealed to the community to invest in their product, for a guaranteed, if variable return, based on a certain criteria that they had illustrated to us from the start. The contract is clear. Its obligations are implicit.

Two points I'd like folks to consider though:

1) It has been acknowledged that MA did originally state the intended use of this income, and put it in perspective as a requirement for the operation and development of Planet Calypso. There's little reason to change this.

2) Even if the entire sum were spent on advertising and we got a prime time spot and attracted hundreds of thousands of players, they would come here. Then they would see this community, all the negativity, all the whining, and all the conspiracy theories. How many do you think would still play? Given that, is spending a whole wad on advertising a smart move? For my part I think it would be incredibly stupid for MA to blow even 1 million on advertising given the state of the community. To me that's just 1 million dollars wasted.

Last edited:

Attempting to silence one's critics only serves to make them more vocal, especially when the Internet is involved. Maybe their time would better served by figuring out why so many of their customers are disgruntled.

BTW- As far as I know, this isn't an official MA forum. Wasn't part of that failed deal with SEE that fell apart when they backed out?

Also, very few of us actually signed up to be part of PCF. We were sold to FPC, or whatever, by the guy who bought EF from Mindbuster and was looking to flip it and make some quick bucks.

Just like most of us signed up to play an online MMORPG, only to find our that it was actually a demo unit for a company who wants to sell "make your own planet" kits.

There's nothing wrong with making money, but you pretty much give the right to act amazed when your customers are less than thrilled about being cashed in on.

... I think it would be incredibly stupid for MA to blow even 1 million on advertising given the state of the community. To me that's just 1 million dollars wasted.

I agree 100%, and I've posted this sentiment more than once IIRC.

So, the community is bitching in pain for absolutely NO Reason, eh? MA are totally upfront and honest since day one about everything they do, and treat their playerbase with the utmost respect, eh?

I think not.

MA needs a serious change of attitude and game balance, or the complaints will just get louder and louder. Then inevitably, at some point, you'll be in heaven my friend because the complaints will dwindle and stop, there will only be the sound of crickets in the field, and do you know why? Because there won't be anybody left of the playerbase TO complain. The game will have died because people just got fed up with the BS and left. Look around. It's happening right now.
Just be thankful for the cacophany of rage you hear because it comes from a passion for the game and the desire to keep it alive and growing.
I agree, any advertising money spent now would be a waste, until MA makes things right.

Now we're grasping at straws. Alright. They can go back on their word. Fine.

You sound like it was painful for you actually recognize this... ;)

They appealed to the community to invest in their product, for a guaranteed, if variable return, based on a certain criteria that they had illustrated to us from the start. The contract is clear. Its obligations are implicit.

I agree that they appealed to the community to invest (they obviously needed the cash), but I'm uncertain how you arrive at the conclusion there is a contract with implicit obligations and guaranteed return?

Two points I'd like folks to consider though:

1) It has been acknowledged that MA did originally state the intended use of this income, and put it in perspective as a requirement for the operation and development of Planet Calypso. There's little reason to change this.

2) Even if the entire sum were spent on advertising and we got a prime time spot and attracted hundreds of thousands of players, they would come here. Then they would see this community, all the negativity, all the whining, and all the conspiracy theories. How many do you think would still play? Given that, is spending a whole wad on advertising a smart move? For my part I think it would be incredibly stupid for MA to blow even 1 million on advertising given the state of the community. To me that's just 1 million dollars wasted.

1) Yes... but it remains plausable that they COULD change this. (Going back on their word, etc.)

2) I've never been in the mindset that they would spend a large portion of the CLD income on advertising. In fact, I don't believe they will advertise at all.

For what it's worth, I'm going to shock you :eyecrazy: and agree with you that spending a whole wad on advertising would be incredibly stupid. In my opinion, MA needs to use money for development and restructure their virtual universe prior to advertising.

EDIT: Yirrk and I were posting similar thoughts at the same time...

--mod's note--
KNOCK OFF THE DAMN ARGUING!

Magyar is right, there's way too much complaining these days. However, in this case he fails to notice he is one of the main instigator of the arguments on this thread.

The question for this thread is simple:

If you had $X million dollars (the exact number is irrelevant) what kind of advertising would you do for MA/Calypso?
--/mod's note--

The quality of the Universe at this time is not the issue of this thread. There have been plenty of other threads to discuss those points.

The point here is simply what I mentioned above. If you have no suggestions or feedback to suggestions, please don't take the thread off-topic.

--mod's note--

Magyar is right, there's way too much complaining these days. However, in this case he fails to notice he is one of the main instigator of the arguments on this thread.

If you had $X million dollars (the exact number is irrelevant) what kind of advertising would you do for MA/Calypso?
--/mod's note--

Thanks MOD :cool:

--mod's note--

--/mod's note--

It's not the thread that's the issue. Its the community at large. This thread completely misinterprets the original goal of the CLD's and attempts to shape perspective within the community towards looking for something else.

This is one of only a few steps towards breeding complete discontentment within the forums, as false expectations are raised, as always, by community members who are misinformed/uninformed. This then moves down the chain and results in perceptions that are completely off track from the original intent.

Is MA innocent? I think so. Theyre a business. All they want to do is maintain their business. Could they share more info? Yes. But to what end when the community always, and I mean always, twists every statement until it is wrung so hard that the original intent is lost, and all that is left is stress from members of the community who are selfish, greedy, and ultimately do not understand what EU is about?

There is really no solution for MA. The problem spreads no matter what they do. Because the problem isnt with them. It's with the users. The users are not content with the fact that sometimes they have to pay in order to support a business. They say they are. But they are not. Its a lie, and that lie breeds stress.

Then that stress moves to other threads.

This thread is in my opinion complete trash. Forum babble that serves to distract people from what is actually happening here by opening up a wishlist that of course MA will never listen to, because it is way off track. Then users complain that MA never listens. Then more threads get opened that are rants based off complete inaccuracies, like the eventual thread that will result from this one: MA had 6 million dollars to spend on advertising and they did not.

Attitudes here need to be corrected. Actually, they never will be. The discussion needs structure that a forum environment will never provide. The forums need to be shut down.

Am I a voice of conflict by saying this. Sure. Some conflict however is productive. The forum does no good right now. None. End it.

If this sounds like I look down on the forum community and do not respect it its because this is true. I do look down on the forum community. And I do not respect it.

Last edited:
It's not the thread that's the issue. Its the community at large. This thread completely misinterprets the original goal of the CLD's and attempts to shape perspective within the community towards looking for something else.

This is one of only a few steps towards breeding complete discontentment within the forums, as false expectations are raised, as always, by community members who are misinformed/uninformed. This then moves down the chain and results in perceptions that are completely off track from the original intent.

Is MA innocent? I think so. Theyre a business. All they want to do is maintain their business. Could they share more info? Yes. But to what end when the community always, and I mean always, twists every statement until it is wrung so hard that the original intent is lost, and all that is left is stress from members of the community who are selfish, greedy, and ultimately do not understand what EU is about?

There is really no solution for MA. The problem spreads no matter what they do. Because the problem isnt with them. It's with the users. The users are not content with the fact that sometimes they have to pay in order to support a business. They say they are. But they are not. Its a lie, and that lie breeds stress.

Then that stress moves to other threads.

This thread is in my opinion complete trash. Forum babble that serves to distract people from what is actually happening here by opening up a wishlist that of course MA will never listen to, because it is way off track. Then users complain that MA never listens. Then more threads get opened that are rants based off complete inaccuracies, like the eventual thread that will result from this one: MA had 6 million dollars to spend on advertising and they did not.

Attitudes here need to be corrected. Actually, they never will be. The discussion needs structure that a forum environment will never provide. The forums need to be shut down.

Am I a voice of conflict by saying this. Sure. Some conflict however is productive. The forum does no good right now. None. End it.

If this sounds like I look down on the forum community and do not respect it its because this is true. I do look down on the forum community. And I do not respect it.

Smoke one relax and if you dont like the forum just dont log in and leave my threads cleans i just want help MA given them ideas with comunity for a better Universe...
You think is good for economy MA have loots of money in a castle in RL when the game need give better returns to keep players in game?

Friend will be Friends :yay:

Time for you to take a break.

Back