Calypso Migration 2012

Upper-medium level doesn't wanna shared loot for a chance to loot something nice...

... and for the small guy with his tiny poo-poo gun it's a tuff choice between:
  1. lose the whole loot,
  2. score no mobs for the mission but save some loot

Did i explain "what's it all about" or did i miss something?

what its all about is, if the mob is too big for you get a team or adapt in another way. Its not that mid-uber's dont want others to loot good things, the fact is this. If you need shared loot to hunt it your either hunting over your skill or gear levels or pedcard level.

WTF is the point in skills if everything becomes Shared Loot?

Just because a mob can spawn doesnt mean that YOU should be able to hunt it or kill it ect.

You can hunt more skill more and do it when your actually ready to hunt them.

As for kill stealing, yes some people unfortunaltely do this, but it happens to mid-ubers also not just low level players. Should it happen, no. Does it happen, yes. What is the remedy? Hunt where there are not many people or in a team, or away from assholes that KS.

Making migration mobs shared loot is not the remedy for KS'ers

As for kill stealing, yes some people unfortunaltely do this, but it happens to mid-ubers also not just low level players. Should it happen, no. Does it happen, yes. What is the remedy? Hunt where there are not many people or in a team, or away from assholes that KS.

Just stay clear off the zverys team and you should be good :D

I'm sorry if i confused somebody with my post and thanx for warnings! :)
(Don't take me wrong, it's not a problem for me personally, just wanted to understand how people think)

So far we got one reason why shared loot is bad: makes it possible for noobs to hunt big stuff (if it's not shared = less competition).
Not every mob is for everyone and skills matter, no argument there.
However, i think "less competition" is not the only reason why people are against shared loot.

If you need shared loot to hunt it, you're either hunting over your skill or gear levels or ped card level.

WTF is the point in skills if everything becomes shared loot?

Just because a mob can spawn, doesn't mean that YOU should be able to hunt it or kill it etc.

Wot he said...:wise: (with spelling & punctuation corrected) ;)

Yes, I'm a grammar Nazi... Spank me! :yay:

Upper-medium level doesn't wanna shared loot for a chance to loot something nice...

... and for the small guy with his tiny poo-poo gun it's a tuff choice between:
  1. lose the whole loot,
  2. score no mobs for the mission but save some loot

Did i explain "what's it all about" or did i miss something?

There is a choice of mobs for every skill level. Exo Elites, Longtooths, Eomons, big Eomons, mutants etc. Exo elites can easily be hunted with h400/lr32 class of weapon, can always team up to reduce defence costs. Last year (i think it was) they made it so elites count for LT mission, which imho wasn't fair to those who finished it with LTs only counting, but in any case, they made it easier. (And Exo elite did drop an ATH last year as well)

And if you want something bigger, there is usually a whole year between migrations to skill up or make plans for a dedicated team.

Do'nt even think about it Kim :D

There is a choice of mobs for every skill level. Exo Elites, Longtooths, Eomons, big Eomons, mutants etc. Exo elites can easily be hunted with h400/lr32 class of weapon, can always team up to reduce defence costs. Last year (i think it was) they made it so elites count for LT mission, which imho wasn't fair to those who finished it with LTs only counting, but in any case, they made it easier. (And Exo elite did drop an ATH last year as well)

And if you want something bigger, there is usually a whole year between migrations to skill up or make plans for a dedicated team.
I am excited about the Exo Elites coming back :yay: I still have the Steel Bird mission to finish up..has anyone seen them anywhere..:scratch2: meantime ..Bring on the Elites and migration! :wtg:

Unarmed colonists are advised to use caution when travelling through areas near the migration trail, since the normally docile Eomon have been known to become much more aggressive during migration season.

// I don't understand, does it mean they "nerfed" them ?

No. It just means they are trying to build some atmosphere around the event.

This thread is so full of acid, it is beyond believe.

Don't like the event, don't participate, but don't bother those who like it.

This thread is so full of acid, it is beyond believe.

Don't like the event, don't participate, but don't bother those who like it.

Definitely agree. This event is something I look forward to every year. It's good the way it is.

I am excited about the Exo Elites coming back :yay: I still have the Steel Bird mission to finish up..has anyone seen them anywhere..:scratch2: meantime ..Bring on the Elites and migration! :wtg:

yeah I need like 90 SB for 1k and I really want to do it b4 the change. I haven't found any as of yet, but will keep looking

Soooooooo....Kim....what have the eomon and LT swallowed this year?

So we will have Spammer bone, Spammer Skull fractured, Spammer hide - can they be used for crafting?

Nope, but if you grind them up and can them I hear they are delicious when fried with eggs.

I'm sorry if i confused somebody with my post and thanx for warnings! :)
(Don't take me wrong, it's not a problem for me personally, just wanted to understand how people think)

So far we got one reason why shared loot is bad: makes it possible for noobs to hunt big stuff (if it's not shared = less competition).
Not every mob is for everyone and skills matter, no argument there.
However, i think "less competition" is not the only reason why people are against shared loot.

I don't think there is a mob in the game that can not be killed by opalos(though there are certainly more eco choices for that skill lvl) and there is certainly not a mob in the game that can not be killed with Korss H400s.

Here is the list of some of the highest dps tiered weapons in the game, they top out at less than 150dps for a maxed user adjusted for misses and dmg.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Highest-Hunting-DPS-list-list-your-1-weapon-)

12x H400+A103 guns = 388dmg/sec (thats over double the top dps weapons in the game)

now if each of those 12 main team members has 3 'helpers' fapping and also shooting H400s from outside, then they can reach a potential 1552dmg/sec. (that's over 10x the top dps weapon in the game)

Now your main team should either have some nice (L) armor with pulsar 8 plates (which are cheap)

Eomon Stalker have 18720hp and do a max dmg of 284

This is easier than the mobs I kill every day using a similar strategy,

Things I kill have killed have 49420hp and do a max dmg of 359.
The maturities just under that which I kill more of have,
19550hp and do a max dmg of 350
12240hp and do a max dmg of 340
11040hp and do a max dmg of 300 (this is the lowest maturity I have been killing)

I can do this without a main 'team,' It is just me with an apis/ark30+dante with anywhere from 2-20+ helpers shooting with me. (I am less than lvl 50 in every profession and the guns I use are maxed at around lvl 35.)

You don't need shared loot for large mobs, you need strategy, organization, trust, and a willingness to say 'I think I can, I think I can." (instead of the more common, "that is impossible!!")

Obviously strategies need tweaking from place to place and situation to situation. But it IS possible, and that is what makes big mobs at low lvls so much fun.

narfi

I don't think there is a mob in the game that can not be killed by opalos(though there are certainly more eco choices for that skill lvl) and there is certainly not a mob in the game that can not be killed with Korss H400s.

Here is the list of some of the highest dps tiered weapons in the game, they top out at less than 150dps for a maxed user adjusted for misses and dmg.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Highest-Hunting-DPS-list-list-your-1-weapon-)

12x H400+A103 guns = 388dmg/sec (thats over double the top dps weapons in the game)

now if each of those 12 main team members has 3 'helpers' fapping and also shooting H400s from outside, then they can reach a potential 1552dmg/sec. (that's over 10x the top dps weapon in the game)

Now your main team should either have some nice (L) armor with pulsar 8 plates (which are cheap)

Eomon Stalker have 18720hp and do a max dmg of 284

This is easier than the mobs I kill every day using a similar strategy,

Things I kill have killed have 49420hp and do a max dmg of 359.
The maturities just under that which I kill more of have,
19550hp and do a max dmg of 350
12240hp and do a max dmg of 340
11040hp and do a max dmg of 300 (this is the lowest maturity I have been killing)

I can do this without a main 'team,' It is just me with an apis/ark30+dante with anywhere from 2-20+ helpers shooting with me. (I am less than lvl 50 in every profession and the guns I use are maxed at around lvl 35.)

You don't need shared loot for large mobs, you need strategy, organization, trust, and a willingness to say 'I think I can, I think I can." (instead of the more common, "that is impossible!!")

Obviously strategies need tweaking from place to place and situation to situation. But it IS possible, and that is what makes big mobs at low lvls so much fun.

narfi

:wise:
What narfi said..

Narfi for President 2012!

Hussk can't be killed by only opalos, and probably charybdis and hydra as well. But eomon definitely can be.

I like this calm before the storm... :yup:

One of the rare days when I'm glad I am at work. ;)

I bet the suspans is killing those who sit at home logged in game and awaiting for migration to star :laugh:

Dude wheres my eomon ?!

Back