Lootable space, the epic fail!

I think they should have let people buy stuff on other planets no matter what planet they are located on. With the proviso they had to travel to pick it up.

My experience was stuff not selling on Arkadia even when heavily discounted against Day / Week price.

Maybe the playerbase is shrinking on Caly, but not on Ark. It's rising rapidly, and I'm not talking old players from Calypso. Brand new players.

It went up on the anniversary/treasure hunting, up to ~190 auction pages, a week later things came down to the usual ~80 pages or so, I know because I was still there. And was like that until the new instances opened, then all the way up to ~200 pages or so (checked many times from caly), and it will go down again when there's nothing interesting or new there. [just checked...down to 160 already]

That's not the arkadian playerbase rising, that's the events getting more visits from caly (as expected), I bet the arkadian origin playerbase is aprox. the same size, small to say the least.

And sucks, because the dev team behind arkadia rocks. Much much much better than the one on calypso.

There seems to be a lot of false or miss information in this thread.

I would like to address 2 of them,

1. Travel between planets is cheap, safe, and easy.
Services such as the Normandie, Sakubas fleet, etc... all have good prices and offer subscriptions or one time low cost travel.
For the new or lower budget players my services are just getting started which offer free travel (donations accepted) on our scheduled flights. (currently 8 flights a day, and will be 16 within a week or two) and include skilling or hunting when requested.
Check out our website @ EntropiaTransport.com if you think space is too expensive.

2. Calypso is NOT the ideal starting planet for new players on 2012 and beyond. Markets on low level loot and ores SUCK on calypso, the markets are saturated and there are very few available nitch markets for new players.
I talk with every level of player on a daily basis from first day, first week new players, to several month old korss users, to mid lvl grinders, to mid lvl social players, to maxed old school. Right now Rocktropia and Arkadia both offer a vastly better chance at survival for a starting player than calypso, both with hunting and with mining, and even with crafting (even though I would never recomend crafting to a new player, these new planets offer better chances of success w/ markup in vs mu out than calypso)

The new planets are not failures regardless of how the old Calypso crowd wants them to be, they are thriving and growing. (with the exception of NI of course, but I wouldnt be surprised to see it rise from the ashes within a year or so)

As much as I hate pirates and pvp, we can't claim that pvp space is a fail either.
It is a fun place for players of all levels, and anyone can come to space and hang out on the ship of their choice for a few hours, days or weeks, they can go hunt mobs, they can travel the universe and have fun. Thats what this game is about, and I see people enjoying it every day.
(when was the last time there were any looted clothes? A guy on one of our hunting trips looted some off a space mob yesterday)

The opertunities are there, you just have to see them and use them to your advantage.
Right now I see Calypso as the decadent decline of the upper class, much like the home planets in a majority of Sci Fi stories. The fringe planets have all of the brains, brawn and Resources, but everyone is required to go back to the home planet for trade and taxes.

GL and have fun :)

narfi

The argument that space has anything to do with PP planets failing is a false one. The planets should have brought in their own unique playerbase.

this. anyone who doesn't understand this, doesn't understand why there are planets. if people arent travelling to planets due to PvP, then its doing exactly what its intended to. each planet themselves has no interest in the players they have brought to the game freely roaming off to other planets where they dont earn them as much revenue.

Not really, most planets failed at starting their own economies with such a small playerbase at start. Arkadia is probably the most successful one and still feels empty and poor, I lived more than a year there. And while PP struggle the playerbase keeps getting smaller... when most probably easier player migration would help both PP and MA.

But whatever, I'm perfectly aware nobody is listening to us.

Just my opinion again.

In my humble opinion.. it's the migration that hurts.., fresh player base for individual planets is most important, seems to me that the loot system cannot function as it is, as it has become too thinly spread across planets that now we face a sort of widespread recession across the player base. Each planet should have the highest priority toward gaining it's own player base for the loot system to be able to work properly and I would encourage difficulty of travel to enable or force such individual growth.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a fun place for players of all levels, and anyone can come to space and hang out on the ship of their choice for a few hours, days or weeks, they can go hunt mobs, they can travel the universe and have fun. Thats what this game is about, and I see people enjoying it every day.
(when was the last time there were any looted clothes? A guy on one of our hunting trips looted some off a space mob yesterday)

If pvp is fun depends on if you entered it completely voluntarily or not. (Completely as, for instance, you didn't have to enter pvp in order to perform a basic task or in order to avoid a surcharge that isn't in relation to what your gaining by paying the surcharge.)

As for loots from spacemobs: The only stuff I've looted from spacemobs have been normal stackables (like texture extractors). Once or twice I've looted some (L) cryo attack chip well below my level. And usually hunting in space is a big loss (PED-wise), normally due to poor returns (<50%) but also because of non-yellow-line miss:es. I've seen hunting in space more like skilling, but hunting from quadwing doesn't give much unique skills (besides from occasional piloting skills, which mothership drivers get for free more or less).

As for hunting in space it's best done from a mothership at the spawn; to fly from Calypso Space Station to mobs all the time would take alot of time and would also make the risk higher to attract pirates. (Hunting spacemobs near Rocktropia space station? Forget it..)

Last edited:

As for loots from spacemobs: The only stuff I've looted from spacemobs have been normal stackables (like texture extractors). Once or twice I've looted some (L) cryo attack chip well below my level. And usually hunting in space is a big loss (PED-wise), normally due to poor returns (<50%) but also because of non-yellow-line miss:es. I've seen hunting in space more like skilling, but hunting from quadwing doesn't give much unique skills (besides from occasional piloting skills, which mothership drivers get for free more or less).

Right click is your friend...

Space mobs drop ESIs and other higher mu stuff more frequently than I have seen on any planet based mobs.
(won't comment on <50% as TT returns since you know the reasons and been around long enough to know that with proper playing that isnt a realistic number)

Right click is your friend...

Oh, and another thing: I appreciate having a radar when I hunt. Most commonly to have a hint if I'm able to hit a mob with my weapon or if it's out of range (the "team target feature" is, well, a team target feature). It kind'a sucks wasting several PEDs on ammo on a mob because you don't know if it's range and where the hitbox of the mob is.

(Lack of radar in pvp1 sucks imho for the simple reason I get swarmed with junkmobs I don't want to hunt. I want to be able to avoid mobs like merp and igni before they aggro on me.)

It kind'a sucks wasting several PEDs on ammo on a mob because you don't know if it's range and where the hitbox of the mob is.

QUOTE]

you see a mob, you drive up to it, pretty close and you shoot. they dont shoot back unless you get way too close. i havent wasted a shot since i figured it out. and radar does nothing in a 3 dimensional world. if there is a mob in your range a nice little orange arrow appears on your screen, so much easier to use.

IMHO.

btw anyone know what the kill count between Fair and good is to my ships karma? im about 50 in right now

2. Calypso is NOT the ideal starting planet for new players on 2012 and beyond. Markets on low level loot and ores SUCK on calypso, the markets are saturated and there are very few available nitch markets for new players.
I talk with every level of player on a daily basis from first day, first week new players, to several month old korss users, to mid lvl grinders, to mid lvl social players, to maxed old school. Right now Rocktropia and Arkadia both offer a vastly better chance at survival for a starting player than calypso, both with hunting and with mining, and even with crafting (even though I would never recomend crafting to a new player, these new planets offer better chances of success w/ markup in vs mu out than calypso)

narfi

This situation changed with the current vu, at least for 0 skill players. The puny mobs now drop amps, low level weaponry, even rocket launchers and loot in general on punies is now more than ok.
There may not be hides worth 300% like the karabok on ark or the rt vixens, but in general the starting level has been adjusted in a very good way. The new starter experience on Thule is very nice and leaves the new player with a vehicle some weapons and some ammo. He gets a free armour part at camp icarus and with some grinding a nice unlimited sib shortblade. I agree that low level to lower mid level still sucks, especially with the removal of iron out of argo and gaz out of the drones, but the lowest level is now really nice.

btw anyone know what the kill count between Fair and good is to my ships karma? im about 50 in right now

I've been tracking my space hunting with my current Quad (my third). I have just over 1100 kills on it (so an equal amount of Karma), and have not yet made it to "Kind" - maybe 1200 will do it.

The first kill gets you to "Fair". Both of my first two Quads reached "Good", which follows "Kind", but I was not tracking results. I'll post the number when it happens. (This is all for the ship's native Karma level.)

I'm still fuzzy on how the level of the Captain profession boosts a ship's reputation - supposedly 1 rank for every 5 levels, but I just reached level 10 and I still don't see a change in the rank when I get in.

:beerchug:
Miles

Not to mention there are many scheduled flights for 5 PED only and you can use planet docking to get to planet, hint spawn right in front of the MS exit door you don't even load space it asks you immediately for your 2 PED entry fee when entering your vehicle and bam your in the planet atmosphere in a second or two.

Whoa hold up.....say that again? Can you explain this a little further, not sure I'm following you here.

As it is now the lootable space has a huge impact on low turnover/low level players. In my opinion those are not the players that have the biggest impact on the auction/market anyways and I think it's pretty clear if you just look at the number of auction pages on the planets we have.

If they removed the forced upon lootable zones I believe it would improve planet jumping, PP activity, recruitment of new players, market situation and the game! They would of course need to find a purpose for the mothership/privateers but that's another topic.

So your concerned for the new player's experience and costs towards space? As of right now their cost to travel is around 12peds max and that's 100% safe with the logout. If space is made non pvp then they could save 8 peds? If a new player isn't willing to invest $1 into this game then who gives a #$@# about them.

Whoa hold up.....say that again? Can you explain this a little further, not sure I'm following you here.

Xane is that really you?

Sorry but Xane knows about this so.... either your drunk, had a knock on the head, or not who you say you are.

Motherships back up to atmosphere, so can leave ship and enter planet... but ya knew that already...

Aha spoke with mate of Xane in game... now i understand totally.

Last edited:
Xane is that really you?

Sorry but Xane knows about this so.... either your drunk, had a knock on the head, or not who you say you are.

Motherships back up to atmosphere, so can leave ship and enter planet... but ya knew that already...

That's what I thought but the way he worded it maid me think something else was going on. I am the cheater police in case anyone was wondering!

That's what I thought but the way he worded it maid me think something else was going on. I am the cheater police in case anyone was wondering!

I now know why so many posts kinda out of character... but no fear your secrets safe at least with me.:yup:

Glass houses, stones an all that...

Create a non-lootable route around the edge of space (the long route).

The middle of space (direct/fast routes with mobs) can be pvp.

No way I'd pay 40 ped tp fee again.

Create a non-lootable route around the edge of space (the long route).

The middle of space (direct/fast routes with mobs) can be pvp.

No way I'd pay 40 ped tp fee again.

No no no no no no no........no compromising! It's either all pvp or no pvp. Your either in or your out. Unfortunately right now with the bugs it makes MA look like they have one foot in pvp and one foot out which only pisses both sides off.

So your concerned for the new player's experience and costs towards space? As of right now their cost to travel is around 12peds max and that's 100% safe with the logout. If space is made non pvp then they could save 8 peds? If a new player isn't willing to invest $1 into this game then who gives a #$@# about them.

Ok I'll give you this one with a spoon.

Example 1 - The new guy
When I started out playing this game I deposited about what I would pay for a game in the shop. That left me with about 650peds on my card. I spent 50 or so of that on a armor set, 150peds on a A101 amplifier and 150 for a VTOL. This made me spend 350peds (yeah I will do the math also since this seems tricky for you) and then I had 300ped left on my card.

I then went out and hunted and of the 300 ped I spent hunting I was told that I needed to get back at least 30 ped of MU to be able to not go bankrupt in a short time. That means that I had to find a mob that gave me about 111% markup if I didn't want to get in the endless deposit cycle. Now imagine me finding that mob on rocktropia, arkadia or NI and to be able to make use of that good markup I had to go back to calypso to get the most of my loot. this would make my 300ped runs into 300-30-12 instead of 300-30 like it was on calypso. So instead of the 30peds I had to cover I now had to cover 42ped EACH TIME i spent my 300ped. So instead of having to only find 111% markup that can be hard enough to find I now had to get 116-117% markup. Do I need to say that this would likely eat up my ped card a lot faster if I could not find those extra 5-6% average MU?

Example 2 - Me
I got all the gear I need and don't have to travel to get guns/fap/armor so travels saved. I go up to arkadia to hunt for a weekend and bring a hunting budget of for example 15000 ped. With that I can even turnover a lot more than those 15k cause I will get around 30% of my loot in TT food anyways but that depends on what I hunt ofc. So let's then say I will turnover 20000 before I have to head back down to calypso to sell my loot and get the most out of it (probably it would be a lot higher). After the 20k turnover I have to cover about 2k with markup so again I need to get 111% average MU on my loot. I then count in the cost of VIP warp, 32ped. And this is the funny part! The new player had to add 5-6% to his average loot to cover the transport but I only have to get a bit over 0.1% higher average loot to cover it.

Do you see the difference?

Edit:

It's also important to notice that I'm not the player that needs to be convinced about playing this game. It's all the new players that is important for...

I've been tracking my space hunting with my current Quad (my third). I have just over 1100 kills on it (so an equal amount of Karma), and have not yet made it to "Kind" - maybe 1200 will do it.

The first kill gets you to "Fair". Both of my first two Quads reached "Good", which follows "Kind", but I was not tracking results. I'll post the number when it happens. (This is all for the ship's native Karma level.)

I'm still fuzzy on how the level of the Captain profession boosts a ship's reputation - supposedly 1 rank for every 5 levels, but I just reached level 10 and I still don't see a change in the rank when I get in.

Miles

Off topic but...

My Quad earned the rank of "Kind" tonight. My tally was 1205 kills, so I am assuming I over-counted by 4 or 5 - which is believable since I keep the kill tally by hand. It suspect it happened at 1201 - the 1 for "Fair" plus 1200 more for "Kind".

Now the question is, will it be 2401 for "Good"?

Miles

Ok I'll give you this one with a spoon.

Example 1 - The new guy
When I started out playing this game I deposited about what I would pay for a game in the shop. That left me with about 650peds on my card. I spent 50 or so of that on a armor set, 150peds on a A101 amplifier and 150 for a VTOL. This made me spend 350peds (yeah I will do the math also since this seems tricky for you) and then I had 300ped left on my card.

I then went out and hunted and of the 300 ped I spent hunting I was told that I needed to get back at least 30 ped of MU to be able to not go bankrupt in a short time. That means that I had to find a mob that gave me about 111% markup if I didn't want to get in the endless deposit cycle. Now imagine me finding that mob on rocktropia, arkadia or NI and to be able to make use of that good markup I had to go back to calypso to get the most of my loot. this would make my 300ped runs into 300-30-12 instead of 300-30 like it was on calypso. So instead of the 30peds I had to cover I now had to cover 42ped EACH TIME i spent my 300ped. So instead of having to only find 111% markup that can be hard enough to find I now had to get 116-117% markup. Do I need to say that this would likely eat up my ped card a lot faster if I could not find those extra 5-6% average MU?

Example 2 - Me
I got all the gear I need and don't have to travel to get guns/fap/armor so travels saved. I go up to arkadia to hunt for a weekend and bring a hunting budget of for example 15000 ped. With that I can even turnover a lot more than those 15k cause I will get around 30% of my loot in TT food anyways but that depends on what I hunt ofc. So let's then say I will turnover 20000 before I have to head back down to calypso to sell my loot and get the most out of it (probably it would be a lot higher). After the 20k turnover I have to cover about 2k with markup so again I need to get 111% average MU on my loot. I then count in the cost of VIP warp, 32ped. And this is the funny part! The new player had to add 5-6% to his average loot to cover the transport but I only have to get a bit over 0.1% higher average loot to cover it.

Do you see the difference?

Edit:

It's also important to notice that I'm not the player that needs to be convinced about playing this game. It's all the new players that is important for...

The amount of experience required to understand and implement your above strategies would almost certainty remove a player from the new/noob category. So the people that you are talking about(above) probably have the means and know how to travel. So your original post still doesn't seem to be relevant to me.

[Mod: Deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday me and a friend discussed this topic ingame and now I felt like putting something out on the forum to see what other peoples thoughts on this is.

Space was designed lootable so it would separate planet economics and make use for mothership/privateers as far as I know. But this isn't really working is it?

The main problem is not "old"/high turnover players because when they bother to travel in space they just hire a warp or jump on a bus (scheduled warp) and pay the fee for that. For players with high turnover this fee is really nothing since if you go up for a weekend and are flying down on Sunday again with 10-15-20k+ loot those 30ped for a VIP warp doesn't cut into the budget anyways. Same goes for high turnover crafters as they buy the resources where it's cheapest and just bring it to the planet they will craft on (so they don't use planet market more than they need if its more expensive there).

But what about new players? What about those new players we need for this game to grow? They start out with low level gear and for that reason their turnover cannot justify hiring VIP warp or for that matter the 5ped bus warp. We can just be cocky and say that they should stay on the planet they joined on but that will not help at all. We need them to explore and enjoy the game "to it's limits" by visiting planets and try most of the platform don't we? Those new players that cannot justify to head back to calypso to sell some of their loot also can't catch the best possible markup for their loot and it will increase the cost of playing and that's not good for recruiting either.

As it is now the lootable space has a huge impact on low turnover/low level players. In my opinion those are not the players that have the biggest impact on the auction/market anyways and I think it's pretty clear if you just look at the number of auction pages on the planets we have.

If they removed the forced upon lootable zones I believe it would improve planet jumping, PP activity, recruitment of new players, market situation and the game! They would of course need to find a purpose for the mothership/privateers but that's another topic.

easy to say mother ships/privateers is an other topic if u dident invest 100k ped in to one :D i mean what would be the point and if the change was implemented who would trust investing in stuff in the future

easy to say mother ships/privateers is an other topic if u dident invest 100k ped in to one :D i mean what would be the point and if the change was implemented who would trust investing in stuff in the future

Totally agreed on that one but I looked at it as a big topic that would need a own thread. They would have to find a use for them that do not impact the markup on them or how useful they are today. I think there are many ways to do that with only creativity as a limit!

HowTo: Beat The Final Frontier in 3 Easy Steps

So, we're told if there's an obstacle this is a bad thing.
And the solution is - remove all obstacles.

Allright, let's follow this logic to the end
  • Lootable space is an obstacle. Solution: remove lootable PvP
Few weeks later there's next "biggest problem" - why does it take so long to travel between planets in quad? What's the point? There's no dangers, there's no risk, absolutely nothing to do all this time.
  • Solution: decrease the distance, bring planets closer to each other.
Finally, after we have removed all content only the last logical step remains:
  • Enable direct teleporting from planet to planet.
    In fact this final step removes entire Space. That's it, no more Final Frontier. :silly2:

Can you see what's the problem with this approach?

The obstacles that you have to overcome ARE the game.
Removing them is not the solution. If there's a problem you have to go the exact opposite direction - improve the gameplay elements/obstacles/tasks/quests.

Offtop: I know how to fly safely between planets. Means, i could use my quad to make living as smuggler/transporter (if i wasn't too lazy for that :) )
Now, if i was able to figure this out there must be others who know the trick. It's all very nice and useful but... shouldn't be that easy.

Nothing wrong with Space in general, but there's a lot of room for improvement for sure...

So, we're told if there's an obstacle this is a bad thing.
And the solution is - remove all obstacles.

Allright, let's follow this logic to the end
  • Lootable space is an obstacle. Solution: remove lootable PvP
Few weeks later there's next "biggest problem" - why does it take so long to travel between planets in quad? What's the point? There's no dangers, there's no risk, absolutely nothing to do all this time.
  • Solution: decrease the distance, bring planets closer to each other.
Finally, after we have removed all content only the last logical step remains:
  • Enable direct teleporting from planet to planet.
    In fact this final step removes entire Space. That's it, no more Final Frontier. :silly2:

Can you see what's the problem with this approach?

The obstacles that you have to overcome ARE the game.
Removing them is not the solution. If there's a problem you have to go the exact opposite direction - improve the gameplay elements/obstacles/tasks/quests.

Offtop: I know how to fly safely between planets. Means, i could use my quad to make living as smuggler/transporter (if i wasn't too lazy for that :) )
Now, if i was able to figure this out there must be others who know the trick. It's all very nice and useful but... shouldn't be that easy.

Nothing wrong with Space in general, but there's a lot of room for improvement for sure...

You are on to something fifth :) They have done these kinda quick fixes before and it usually gives negative side effects :/ But how should It be improved/fixed so it works?

lootable pvp is working by separating economies just because many people fear lootable pvp and because it requires time and 'effort' even if very few (getting in contact with a transport service provider, sending a pm to join a scheduled flight) to make the travel between planets.
Speaking of noobs, with very small budget there is no point for them to rush things in game cause as we all know if you dont take your time you have to take your money its always either the first or the second.
So lets look at scheduled 100% secure flights - there is quite some providers out there who manage to provide secure transport at regular times for 12ped or less in total costs (EFA) for a single flight.
Some like Narfi even run a service where just tips are asked to the stations enabling noobs to travel for 7ped total costs (the station TP fee).
And then there is myself running ToS Normandie - for every noob who wants to check out other planets there is no cheaper way then utilizing our free one month trial and traveling to all planets with no cost at all (aside from keeping an used rk-5 and about 1000wires rdy for repairs in case of an attack and sometimes having to pay the atmospheric entry fee of 2peds to mindark).
And after 1 month of exploring the universe i guess every player should have reached the point being able to decide if he wants to deposit 10$ in this game to enjoy it and support Mindark and planet partners to improve it further or not.

lootable pvp is working by separating economies just because many people fear lootable pvp and because it requires time and 'effort' even if very few (getting in contact with a transport service provider, sending a pm to join a scheduled flight) to make the travel between planets.
Speaking of noobs, with very small budget there is no point for them to rush things in game cause as we all know if you dont take your time you have to take your money its always either the first or the second.
So lets look at scheduled 100% secure flights - there is quite some providers out there who manage to provide secure transport at regular times for 12ped or less in total costs (EFA) for a single flight.
Some like Narfi even run a service where just tips are asked to the stations enabling noobs to travel for 7ped total costs (the station TP fee).
And then there is myself running ToS Normandie - for every noob who wants to check out other planets there is no cheaper way then utilizing our free one month trial and traveling to all planets with no cost at all (aside from keeping an used rk-5 and about 1000wires rdy for repairs in case of an attack and sometimes having to pay the atmospheric entry fee of 2peds to mindark).
And after 1 month of exploring the universe i guess every player should have reached the point being able to decide if he wants to deposit 10$ in this game to enjoy it and support Mindark and planet partners to improve it further or not.

But it is not working to separate economics as the ones consuming a lot just brings whatever he needs trough space and the one that collects a lot of things to sell usually bring it back to calypso to sell it for the best MU. If there was a real risk to go trough space with a lot of things you could lose then I would say that it's working as intended cause then crafters would have to buy from the planet they are crafting from and miners/hunter would have to sell their looted resources on the planet they loot it on if they do not want to risk it. This you can see easy from pages on auction and by trying it ingame.

You are right that there is many cheap services out there and most people use these services. And they can afford it and for that reason it's not separating economies since most part of the playerbase isn't afraid of bringing resources to-from other planets. And don't you agreed on who these trips impact the most for? It is for sure not the ones that can afford it to be longer in between the needed trips and if those who cannot afford it want to avoid trips they have to cut their profit margin a lot more by often selling it for a lower price on the planet they are on. They are also more locked to not take a weekend trip or short trips to other planets because it cut's alot into their spending budget.

+1rep for provding the 1month free offer for new players :)

But it is not working to separate economics as the ones consuming a lot just brings whatever he needs trough space and the one that collects a lot of things to sell usually bring it back to calypso to sell it for the best MU. If there was a real risk to go trough space with a lot of things you could lose then I would say that it's working as intended cause then crafters would have to buy from the planet they are crafting from and miners/hunter would have to sell their looted resources on the planet they loot it on if they do not want to risk it. This you can see easy from pages on auction and by trying it ingame.

Yes, it's easy to get a secure warp flight, but at the same time, it's not easy. A trip to another planet (and back) is going to require at least an hour, even if you hire a VIP trip and they're ready to take you. It requires getting in touch with a third party, spending extra ped, and then since you're making a trip, you might as well look through your inventory to see what else you should take with you... then you have to look through auctions to see which planet will give you better prices on the various things you found in your inventory. And you have to try to remember what was that other item you wanted to get from the other planet... etc. It's much simpler just to step over to the auction and list your goods on the planet you're on; click and you're done in a few seconds.

At this point in the game, I do not believe that lootable PVP is separating the markets, what is separating them is the extra time, effort, and cost of space travel. If lootable PVP were removed, we would surely see many more people in space. But it wouldn't affect planets economies all that much.

I also disagree that Calypso has the best MU. Oils, ores, guns, finders, are almost always a few percent more expensive on Arkadia than Calypso. Maybe not high volume, but good MU. Materials that are only used on Calypso, like most of the so-called "shared" stackables which are only used in Calypso BPs (basic components, extractors etc), those often only sell on Calypso... and even here, often they don't sell easily.

If a planet partner wants economic activity on their planet, they must design an economy that is self-sustaining and has a complete cycle from miners and hunters to crafters and back again. Of course the planet must be interesting too. That's really what it all boils down to. Space, lootable or not, is irrelevant to a properly-designed planet economy.

Last edited:
OK, keep it civil and on-topic guys.

The danger of that attitude is that you lose someone early on while they're scoping things out, and had they got into the game they may well have become a long-term depositor.

However, if new players are joining other planets and then leaving EU because they want to go to Calypso but it's too time-consuming/hard/expensive then it is the other planets that are failing, not space. New planets are supposed to be attracting people who Calypso didn't appeal to. If everyone arriving on new planets ends up wanting to be on Calypso, we'd have been better off just advertising Calypso better instead of making new planets.

Back