2012 Merry Mayhem Rules & Info

i hope not :/ cuz what would be the point in having larger mobs? other then theoretically better loot? why sacrifice the possible winning event rewards for marginally better loots?

Sorry missread, forget it :/

Point is you get double points for arane

Mayhem Creatures
The Mayhem creatures assigned to each category are:
  • Category 1 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,1), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,1)
  • Category 2 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,2), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,2)
  • Category 3 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,3), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,3)
  • Category 4 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,4), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,4)
  • Category 1 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,1), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,1)
  • Category 2 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,2), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,2)
  • Category 3 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,3), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,3)
  • Category 4 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,4), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,4)
Points will be awarded to players based on the difficulty of creatures killed:
1 x Point - Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,1), (T,2), (T,3), (T,4), (S,1), (S,2), (S,3), (S,4)
2 x Point - Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,1), (T,2), (T,3), (T,4), (S,1), (S,2), (S,3), (S,4)

We shouldn't expect them to have the same stats as normal Araneatrox and Kerebros, right? They'll be special editions?

We shouldn't expect them to have the same stats as normal Araneatrox and Kerebros, right? They'll be special editions?

They only share looks and names, their stats are totally different. The Merry Mayhem monsters are balanced towards their particular categories of players.

What does the Highest level mean, If iam level 100 prospector and level 1 highest combat, do i get placed in cat4 or 1 ? lucky we have so much time clear out all questions :yay:

You qualify for the different categories based on your professional standings in any one of the combat related professions, including mindforce.

Do not abandon the Merry Mayhem missions! If you do abandon a Merry Mayhem mission, all event points accumulated up to that time will be lost and will be unable to be replaced.

What does abandoning means? Cant we hunt anything else in those days?

It means, that you can't cancel, abandon (or finish) your MM mission and keep points accumulated. While you are not in the instance you can hunt whatever you want. If you'll press "abandon" ("cancel", whatever) the mission in Quest/Mission dialog window, acummulated points will be lost.

You qualify for the different categories based on your professional standings in any one of the combat related professions, including mindforce.

Thank you for clarification ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Wow I actually am interested in trying.
I love the token ideas and making it an instance. IMO really gives a more fair playing field. You can just spend that hour hunting and that's it - and know there are no healers/helpers etc involved.

"Domes" and having them respawn makes it real nice too.

GG MA!

I don't get it.
We enter the instance. We have no idea how strong the mob is. We're only told that it's "balanced". We don't know what the loot is. Guess it's "balanced" as well. We kill, they respawn, we kill, they respawn. 1 hour passes. Then what? We're kicked out? And repeat 30 times?

Nice prizes, but it feels kinda discouraging that places 10, 11, 12 and 14 gets nothing, while 13th place has a very nice weapon as reward.

Those prizes are considered as lucky prize.

I don't get it.
We enter the instance. We have no idea how strong the mob is. We're only told that it's "balanced". We don't know what the loot is. Guess it's "balanced" as well. We kill, they respawn, we kill, they respawn. 1 hour passes. Then what? We're kicked out? And repeat 30 times?

Then have a scout to gather intel before entering. Easy solution. Be creative.

I don't get it.

That's the essence of it yes.

I don't get it.

Exactly ;)

Falagor

I don't get it.

Or you could wait until a few people have reported what they have seen in the instance. And, of course, you'll know more about the mobs after your own first visit. Then repeat 29 times :)

I am level 49 in swords and i will be using swords, but i am higher in pistols so i assume i will need to go in category 3, 50-69 :confused:

Or you could wait until a few people have reported what they have seen in the instance. And, of course, you'll know more about the mobs after your own first visit. Then repeat 29 times :)

Yup, a bit more tactics involved tho I guess... You have to choose a mob for example, and since there are two mobs there might be some distance between the entrance and the mob spawn, making it worth hiring a Mindforce user such as myself to give a speed buff before entering, etc :silly2:

I am level 49 in swords and i will be using swords, but i am higher in pistols so i assume i will need to go in category 3, 50-69 :confused:

Yup, unless you chip out some pistol.

So, a big question still remains, HOW will the points be calculated, TOTAL damage on the instance OR will it the points ONLY be on the person giving most damage on EACH mob like every mayhem so far?

I need to clarify this: I can only go on teams that are in the same category as me? Or can I go fap in bigger categories? I usually fap people and I'd like to spend my 30 hours of team doing that :))

So, a big question still remains, HOW will the points be calculated, TOTAL damage on the instance OR will it the points ONLY be on the person giving most damage on EACH mob like every mayhem so far?

The points are distributed just like the points would be distributed if you were doing an iron challenge, it works using the exact same functions. The player that does the most damage on the monster gets the points.

I need to clarify this: I can only go on teams that are in the same category as me? Or can I go fap in bigger categories? I usually fap people and I'd like to spend my 30 hours of team doing that :))

You can enter instance categories above your own category but not below, note that this only applies to team instances.

It's important to understand that under no circumstance will you be able to get any instance keys back, once you've used a key its gone, restarting a quest won't give you new keys.

It's important to understand that under no circumstance will you be able to get any instance keys back, once you've used a key its gone, restarting a quest won't give you new keys.
Can these be gotten via support, in case of an error, say, enter instance -> server down -> lose the key -> get kicked out?

I understand that mobs will be lootable, just like normal mobs, not like beacon ones?

What happen when one is halfway into mob's hp and timer hits 60 minutes?
Will we be automatically kicked out of instance, losing half mob's hp decay without any loot?
Or no point from that mob after it's killed and looted, and then exiting instance manually?

I understand that mobs will be lootable, just like normal mobs, not like beacon ones?

What happen when one is halfway into mob's hp and timer hits 60 minutes?
Will we be automatically kicked out of instance, losing half mob's hp decay without any loot?
Or no point from that mob after it's killed and looted, and then exiting instance manually?

When the timer runs out the instance gets reset which means that all players are kicked out and any creatures are destroyed (no loot).

Small offtopic...

Kim could this info be in game on every item:
Modified Hedoc Mayhem (when maxed):
Heal interval: 124.5-166.0
Uses per minute: 40

Decay: 0.08000 PED
Skill requirement: 33-38
Average heal per sec: 96.8
Average heal per pec: 18.2

Seems that it is not too much work since you have got all the info. And when item stats seems to change with each update at least on few items it is close to impossible to keep track on this (espetially testing decay and maxed levels). Considering you actaully give this info to public - why not give it to public on all items (probably best way in ingame item description).

--------------
On topic:

How complex the instances are (if this is not a secret please describe it in a way like: it will contain two chambers: one for kerberos and one for aranea, close to each other and close from enterance where the TT and repair terminals are located)?
Are there any differences in layout for cat 1/2/3/4 and solo/team?

Falagor

just to check if i got this right you cant have healers or helpers in solo instance you are alone ?

kak pryse... but will try;)

so solo hunters is alone cant enter with faper :scratch2:

Reactions: das
When the timer runs out the instance gets reset which means that all players are kicked out and any creatures are destroyed (no loot).

Will instance's timer be visible on our dashboard?

just to check if i got this right you cant have healers or helpers in solo instance you are alone ?

so solo hunters is alone cant enter with faper :scratch2:

Yes - what you want is participation in team. Now team setup is like old MM tactics where you had taggers and healers.

Solo is for solo players only - no more teams overpower over solo hunter ;) - treat it like new cathegory.

Falagor

Back