Info: Post your new HA/CHA on "old school" unlimited weapons

FYI: HA on SIB items where you are in SIB is higher too.

isn't the 'reduced chance to miss' could be somewhat included in those new figures?

Yes, but do maxed weapons also get decreased misses?

I guess we won't know until Entropia Tracker is updated to count the new "evade" text and people can measure accurately.

Recorded with Hunter Stat Logger 1.0.5.2 on 23.01.13
Total Hits: 2017
Total Critics hits: 41
Total misses: 240
Total Uses 2257
Hit ability: 89,37%
Crit ability: 1.82%

Setup was Modified A-3 Justifier MK.II
Current lvl 76,4856
Hit ability 8.6/10
Crit ability 8.7/10

Edit: I am fully aware of the low sample size but I started it to late today. Will do a longer test tomorrow to get a more accurate %.

Last edited:
Well done! Finally, something we can be happy about. :):)

Now... lets get the UL wep tiering up fixed please! :yay:

Well done! Finally, something we can be happy about. :):)

Now... lets get the UL wep tiering up fixed please! :yay:

No fix necessary. There is already a tier 8 strikehammer and at least 3 tier 7+ mod mercs plus others. Shoot more.

nice. 4.9 on kat. determination!

This means that sib now sucks a little more than old school if you are not in sib period yet because on the sib you haven't reached yet you are still 0.0.

Time to start some shopping lists! ;)

BLP sniper (hit) 55.6181
Ranged blp (dmg) 55.4221
Blp pistoleer (hit) 52.8945
Laser sniper (hit) 52.4184
ranged laser (dmg) 49.7084

now :
Starkhov AS-97 :Hit/crit :7.3/7.5
Freand delta :7.2/7.5
Marbrer Bravo: 6.8/6.9

Last edited:
Thanks all, I have used data reported in this thread to confirm the new HA formula for nonSIB

HA=4.0+0.06*L

Where L is between 0 and 100

Extrapolating to incorporate SIB

If L<SIB_start, HA=0.0
Else if L>SIB_end, HA=10.0
Else HA=4.0+6*(L-SIB_Start)/(SIB_End-SIB_Start)

Critical Hits for nonSIB
CH=sqrt(L)

Extrapolate to SIB
If L<SIB_start, CH=0.0
Else if L>SIB_end, CH=10.0
Else CH=10*sqrt((L-SIB_Start)/(SIB_End-SIB_Start))

I will run some tests to find out what the new HA values imply (i don't need tracker)

plasma sniper 47
ranged plasma 40

sqrt(47)=6.8556=>6.9
4+(0.06*40)= 6.4 => not 6.8

and
sqrt(40)=6.3242=6.3, not 6.9
4+(0.06*47)=6.82=> 6.8

so a bug in the calculation?
or a plasma 'special case'?
I haven't checked gauss/explo

Last edited:
plasma sniper 47
ranged plasma 40

sqrt(47)=6.8556=>6.9
4+(0.06*40)= 6.4 => not 6.8

and
sqrt(40)=6.3242=6.3, not 6.9
4+(0.06*47)=6.82=> 6.8

so a bug in the calculation?
or a plasma 'special case'?
I haven't checked gauss/explo

L is your hit ability, not your dmg, L=47

What about damage? Any changes there?

Cheers,

Perry

Nibs get all the fun.

105 blp sniper hit and 106 dmg and still only 10/10 on ul guns...

105 blp sniper hit and 106 dmg and still only 10/10 on ul guns...

"Only 10/10"? I'm not a mathematician but how is it possible to do better than best? :scratch2:

BLP Sniper: 65,85
Adj. Stark AS-97: 8.0/8.1

Very close to the values predicted by billairboy's formula:
My guess is this formula HA=40+60%xProff level.
... but it seems there's still a small deviation :scratch2:

BLP Sniper: 65,85
Adj. Stark AS-97: 8.0/8.1

Very close to the values predicted by billairboy's formula:... but it seems there's still a small deviation :scratch2:

That is probably because HA gets rounded up so only one decimal is shown - so 7.95 goes to 8.0. On sib guns near maxing you would see HA of 10 at the end but sib stays "yes" instead of "not any more" until really maxed.

Recorded with Hunter Stat Logger 1.0.5.2 on 23.01.13
Total Hits: 2017
Total Critics hits: 41
Total misses: 240
Total Uses 2257
Hit ability: 89,37%
Crit ability: 1.82%

Setup was Modified A-3 Justifier MK.II
Current lvl 76,4856
Hit ability 8.6/10
Crit ability 8.7/10

Edit: I am fully aware of the low sample size but I started it to late today. Will do a longer test tomorrow to get a more accurate %.

quoting myself since this is just a update with a higher sample size.

Data from the run today to confirm due to small sample size on the first.

Total Hits: 9943
Total Critics hits:174
Total misses:1287
Total Uses:11230
Hit ability:88.54%
Crit ability:1.55%

from 7-11k uses it was going pretty stable between 88.5-88.7% so I would say the new HA still represents the same as the old HA. It's just another formula for calcing it from your current lvl.

Has anyone with lvl 100/100 done a test now to see if it's above 90?

from 7-11k uses it was going pretty stable between 88.5-88.7% so I would say the new HA still represents the same as the old HA. It's just another formula for calcing it from your current lvl.

This seems accurate, and for what i've gathered from maxed people, it hasn't changed.
So the only change has been for the "SIB period".

"Only 10/10"? I'm not a mathematician but how is it possible to do better than best? :scratch2:

By decreasing the max amount of misses on a maxed gun, this way everyone would have the same gain.
Now the story is, the less you skilled, the more you got rewarded with extra HA

By decreasing the max amount of misses on a maxed gun, this way everyone would have the same gain.
Now the story is, the less you skilled, the more you got rewarded with extra HA

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:
Mod and imp hedoc were looted in cat 3 :yay:

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Starkhov AS-97 :Hit/crit :7.3/7.5

total hit 1295
total miss 173
hit rate 88.2 %
critical hit : 16
crit rate : 1.235%

So far, maxed with no lasers/scope:

23.01.13: Hit 290, Miss 19 (93.85%)
24.01.13: Hit 1262, Miss 153 (89.19%)

Total: 1552 Hits, 172 Miss (90.02%)

So yes, also looking unchanged so far.

Release notes say

The chance to miss has been slightly decreased when shooting at creatures.

Is this only true if you weren't maxed? If so, the only people this really helps is higher skilled but not 10/10 people rightly using high eco unl weapons.

Nothing told about hit ability and crit ability on release notes so i guess people better not get used to it

Dident care to read all replies...

Keep in mind, that min - max dmg'es have not changed. which means that "econess" part of UL guns are still "not eco".

But more hittings are of course a very good thing. just for lower skilled players, on a ML or something in the ways of that. your "min" will be 15-17 dmg below what you would do minimum with level 100.. which im sure still affects the Econess alot...

MA: "The chance to miss has been slightly decreased when shooting at creatures. "

...keep in mind that according to them slightly can mean so low that we won't be able to measure that !

Keep in mind, that min - max dmg'es have not changed. which means that "econess" part of UL guns are still "not eco".

Are you sure about this, NoBion? At least with regards to my UL weapons, if my HA has improved from 4.7 to 6.9 (MK4 laser carbine as example), would that not also result in higher average damage? When I hunted a few nights ago, my average damages and hit rates were both noticeably improved. I got a lot more above-half-damages and quite a bit fewer evades (i.e. missed shots) than the week before, where I'd do mid or low damage more often than not.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that we hunters using UL weapons many years ago got much better hit rates & damage than the recent VU, because MA negatively tweaked these stats (increasing miss rate & decreasing damage) with the implementation of (L) weapons, to...'coerce' truly is the best word...players to use (L) weapons.

Are you sure about this, NoBion? At least with regards to my UL weapons, if my HA has improved from 4.7 to 6.9 (MK4 laser carbine as example), would that not also result in higher average damage? When I hunted a few nights ago, my average damages and hit rates were both noticeably improved. I got a lot more above-half-damages and quite a bit fewer evades (i.e. missed shots) than the week before, where I'd do mid or low damage more often than not.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that we hunters using UL weapons many years ago got much better hit rates & damage than the recent VU, because MA negatively tweaked these stats (increasing miss rate & decreasing damage) with the implementation of (L) weapons, to...'coerce' truly is the best word...players to use (L) weapons.

Yes.

I had a DAR 9300. i had some looks at the min - max dmg shortly before the update...

They were the same after the update. :)

I can provide bigger sample later on, if needed.
ha_lvl104.jpg

MA writes in theres - Developer-Notes--3 that the highest hitability is ( the format Actual_Damage / Maximum_Damage on the item information panel. For example: 10.0-20.0 / 10.0-20.0. To be the most efficient as possible ).:scratch2:

Back