Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned

[h=2]Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned[/h]
Not the same one I can see from Cape Corinth at all times of the day but when I go into space isn't there, is it?

Without clicking the links it sounds like FOMA Lite.

Where did you read that it's closer than others planets? can't find it :scratch2:

Isn't that the definition of a moon?

A moon is kept close to a planet by the planet's gravity force thus must be closer(within planet's gravitational field) than any other planets else it will not be a moon but a planet

Because gamers are a highly intelectual species who treat women with respect and in no way demean them :wise:

50% are even real women :wise:

:eyecrazy:

Right.

I wonder how these guys managed to stay in business. Guess it's all thanks to women who like half naked slutty men. :) http://www.chippendales.com/

There's nothing demeaning about a naked, or half-naked body though few churches might tell you otherwise. ;)

Con petition

If this moon is succesful, does it not compete for current CLD revenue? - I suppose that is why they made it a moon rather than an island. So even if the new Moon Team generate recruits, it will not greatly benefit Calypso. Also, with a bias towards rare resources it is likely to poach from other PP sites.

Before we discovered the moon or i should say you discovered the moon
Hangers should start work firts ,them we can lunch the rocket or mother ship I should say to start search deep space and maybe start discover other planets :silly2:

How will this moon be connected to the existing planets? Will we have to travel through lootable space to get there, and then have to risk pirate attack to transport it back to a planet? I can't imagine the moon itself being large or busy enough to sustain its own internal economy (even the planets, other than Calypso, struggle with this) in which case transporting loot from the moon will be essential, in the same way that it is from CP or FOMA.

Unless there is a risk-free transport route available, most people will not visit the moon at all. We've seen how unpopular space mob hunting is because of this problem.

It would also heavily affect new player retention. How many players starting their EU life on the moon will carry on when they realise how hard it is to get off it?

Hopefully there's a paid TP to other planets so that these problems don't exist. Otherwise it seems a very unattractive investment.

This "selling the moon stuff" has been around for many years in the Internet - I can assure it's a fake every time

As we can see - it works still!

If this moon is succesful, does it not compete for current CLD revenue? - I suppose that is why they made it a moon rather than an island. So even if the new Moon Team generate recruits, it will not greatly benefit Calypso. Also, with a bias towards rare resources it is likely to poach from other PP sites.

CLD are Calypso specific.

This moon is a non-Calypso platform location developed by MA, and more like a light version of a PP, unless I missed something. It is a moon rather than an island because it is not tied to a planet, and putting it on one would benefit that planet unfairly.

It would also heavily affect new player retention. How many players starting their EU life on the moon will carry on when they realise how hard it is to get off it?

It is depends on gravity forces!

Just another thought, as this moon (presumably) won't be tied to any planet then it'll be moving through space - just like in Space 1999.

If we want to place a bid on this will it be like with the cp auction (or was it medusa) that we can withdraw the money instantly if we don't get the winning bid?

maybe the new resource will be Moon Pies? Moon Beams?

Will there be a new action in the library for 'mooning'? ;)

Maybe MA still has the 'moonwalk' in store for us after all even though planet MJ went bye bye. would not surprise me if this is actually a remake of the server that was meant for that.

Well done MA! We, existing players are so happy about that news. We do not care about all systems you promised and not developed, gamepaly you broken and seem to not notice that. We are so happy that you will change your focus on another brilliant idea instead fix game. I'm so running to deposit more, since returns are so good for me this year!

If i read the link correctly, there will not be taxes set. But similar to the clds', ir revenue share instead

Damn impressive, but will come down to, how big it is. How many mobs, what type of resources can be found.

Rare is all well and good, but if there are no bps for them, then they will be useless etc

Will be interesting to see what happens

Rgds

Ace
Well...they said "unique" mobs versus "rare" resources. That seems to imply that the mobs will not be found anywhere else, but maybe the resources will be like Redulite and Devil's Tail?

Side note: this must have been done since someone pointed out that when you are on Calypso, you see the huge moon in the sky, but when you fly into space you don't see it anywhere! :silly2:

Come on MA... you can atleast place one Space OLA near the moon to make sure spacecrafts will come there and hang out!

let's start the 10 year countdown for moonshine :D

too much stuff for this playerbase.. cant be profitable anymore

O yes, can't wait to go and check it out.
Too bad I don't have the money.
I don't see how this can be bad news for someone :scratch2:

too much stuff for this playerbase.. cant be profitable anymore

for shizzle, i haven't been "playing" for a few months now.. i just sit on clds, however I got to say this comes into mind.

Next Island died, Planets are bare, most small towns in america have a larger population then the entropia universe. Wouldn't it be best for entropia to improve / perfect its current systems (which are in drastic need of overhaul), vs adding more content that requires serious dough?

Its a good thing I am willing to loose my cld investment, but I don't see how this universe can sustain its continual degradation of the playerbase and influx of content.

Sounds like a good investment opportunity, but the thing which I don't understand is the whining fest.

Is that the supposed revolutionary new uber awesome kickass revenue management new model david talked about in 2013 roadmap (that was expected for late january but hey, we know mindark calendar is not earth calendar right? ;D)

Is that the supposed revolutionary new uber awesome kickass revenue management new model david talked about in 2013 roadmap (that was expected for late january but hey, we know mindark calendar is not earth calendar right? ;D)

thats another issue as well... these guys where a whole 30 days off with launching this information... its hard to trust a company that can't meet their own deadlines.

Next Island died,

Because it was badly developed.

continual degradation of the playerbase and influx of content.

The active player base has increased lately. A lot of the new content has been to replace old content with new stuff that is better for a larger amount of people (for example the new (L) guns with much lower TT and about same amount of uses as the old (L) guns, making the "initial investment" to hunt at above TT weapon level much smaller).

Is that the supposed revolutionary new uber awesome kickass revenue management new model david talked about in 2013 roadmap

So you rather pay land area taxes and get lower average return? IMHO this kind of revenue model is better.

So, dear MA, if we send you an e-mail asking for more info, will we have to attach a screenie showing peds in the trade window before you answer? :laugh:
Will you tell us the many things glaringly obviously missing from the info so far such as:

is the moon actually already developed to release stage by MA?
when will it go live?
where will the moon be placed, and allied to which planet (assuming it is actually a moon around a planet - or at least parked to look like it....)?
what are the pvp separation restraints to getting there (i.e. will things like summoning from planet to orbiting MS work and will there be a tp to planet option at what cost to users)?

These are really BASIC questions in my opinion, even before starting on economy questions such as:
what new bps will the unique mining sources be used in?
etc etc.

You obviously wish to see marketing to get new players to join the universe on the moon too, but with just 4 unique creatures mentioned, there will have to be a massive difference between punies and boss mobs of each type to attract a range of players to the moon who will actually stay there, especially the newly joined players.

Let's hope at least some of this info is released publically soon, eh?

The 'lunar base' sounds familiar. Is this the same moon MA created for the NASA contest (and lost)?
Would be fun if it features decreased gravity.

@ MA <removed>. Start fixing problems before trying to sell stuff like this <removed>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back