Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned

..in addition... as mentioned already....

is THAT the great new revenue model you have been promising? :dunce::scratch2::silly2:

Seems to me the marketing would best include free space trips for newbs to a planet of their choice and some other bonuses that beat simply starting on whatever chosen planet in the first place!

The MM (now meaning Moon Manager...) will surely get more from 25% revenue on a planet with variety (= active players) than from 35% from new players who don't stay active on the moon!

......... :silly2:

wow. 1.5 mill as a starter bid. Not not not good. Just cause other Estates's sold high. Don't mean u should keep uppin the price. Start low and let the player base decide the price. Didn't CP sell for 1 mill peds?

wow. 1.5 mill as a starter bid. Not not not good. Just cause other Estates's sold high. Don't mean u should keep uppin the price. Start low and let the player base decide the price. Didn't CP sell for 1 mill peds?

CP sold for 3.3 million PED.

So you rather pay land area taxes and get lower average return? IMHO this kind of revenue model is better.

depend if you are the buyer or the player (i thought a new model included more than a single buyer)

Anyway tax or not ma decides the return so a little bit or less crapiest :D

epic fail imo

Other then a handful of potential candidates, MA successfully ruled out 99% of the playerbase to invest in this one. And IF those investors might even exchange a word or two we can rule out a bid war. Since the the heavy investors in this Universe are well know and know each other well there is a good possibility of this happen (if it even attracts the start bid).

On top of the first argument I agree with the critique already given in this thread. So many systems that have been promised aren't developed, yet they do this. Why isn't taming brought back for a start?

From my point of view there are very few rationale explanations for MA's behaviour

1. They are facing bankruptcy and urgently need cash. Given their past three year annual reports this isn't an unlikely assumption - Not a good state of this Universe -
2. They really have no idea of running a successful business. This auction will do a lot less attracting new players and/or retaining existing players vs. fixing bugs, implementing promised features etc.
3. A mixture of both - Worst case scenario

Either way, as a successful entrepreneur irl I fail to understand MA and their way to run this universe. I used to be amongst that 1% bracket of investors but have withdrawn more then I ever deposited over the past year due to their bad annual reports, their failure to communicate with their player base and their general lack of business sense.

Still not convinced that a LOT of things are wrong with MA??

Here is something to think about. No A-rated company in this world would hand out a dividend of over 20% (as MA does with the CLD's). So unless you are a startup (which isn't the case with MA) or you are clutching for straws, you would never agree to have that percentage been taken out of your profit.

My guess is that this auction receives SB only from a well known investor who will not have to deposit for it (Akoz has already started selling LA's and other items, he could presumably have that amount on his ped card). If something like this is the case, MA does not even get the cash they arguably want/need.

- just my 2 cents -

Angel

Sigh, this thread is now full of negativity... :rolleyes:

Even if an ingame player uses his ingame money to buy this, it would still reduce the ammount of ped ingame, helping ma...

In other news, don't think this is good either...the new moon better come with taming...

Ofc it is a great revenue modle for Players That Hate Taxes. (Given that there will be no taxes)
Combined with FOMA/HELL odds in mining (again ?) that can be interesting.
As somebody mention there should be a lot more info on it.

man, out of reach

Man, I was hoping for the asteroid concept. :( This thing is out of reach. I'm sure I'll visit though.

Concept: 20-30 asteroids in varying sizes with varying price of entry. Smallest with 1 tp and service center at around $3k, largest at $25k.

They would be peppered around space providing places to rest, refuel and what-not. Asteroid owners would have an initial UI to select TP location, service center, shops, estates, mobs, plants, terrain, etc. The selection criteria limits are set depending on size and price. Once designed by UI, then have 1 more chance to make a major adjustment at 1 year anniversary. Then allow bi-annual terrain changes as new elements are added to the UI and so the asteroids would evolve.

epic fail imo

My guess is that this auction receives SB only from a well known investor who will not have to deposit for it (Akoz has already started selling LA's and other items, he could presumably have that amount on his ped card). If something like this is the case, MA does not even get the cash they arguably want/need.

Angel

If the usual suspects team up really well, they can orchestrate so that nobody places the start bid and MA has to re-list with a lower Start bid. That would be the ultimate finger, right after the Medusa disaster sale.

I can't believe there isn't more complaining yet.

There were so many great ideas of what this new concept was, and it turns out it was a new moon. How disappointing.

If they had the same concept but with buying shares they could have gotten 10 times the peds they will get now, do they really think a new owner will do that much marketing for them?

So here it is the long awaited new estate.

It certainly is a very exciting opportunity, especially the marketing avenue to seek a new playerbase. Although many important questions remain.

I would expect the domes will hold mobs that will attract experienced hunters similar to CP. What to do with the signed-up newbies, once they leave the moon start room?

Do the newbies get a unique moon outfit and starter weapons, specific to the moon?
Can a newbie TP to planet for free for the first time

What are the TP fees, if any?

How big are these domes, are we talking kilometres wide?
How big are the carvens?

Are we talking full use of the moon size or potential for future upgrades?

How close is it to Calypso (been asked), although as a moon I would expect it to be close.
The subsurface carvens sound really cool for mining, this moon is like CP and FOMA wrapped into one.

Can you visit the moon from the day the deed is listed?
Will MA hold off loading the moon, until the deed is sold, potentially a lot of revenue would be generated in the first two weeks, the owner would not want to lose that share of revenue.

It is very much stretching the exisiting player base further, although the opportunity to sign up players is very intereting prospect...if possible to achieve.

Many more questions i'm sure as I think of them.

Will be interesting to see how many people are ramping up to buy it.

Rick.

I can't believe there isn't more complaining yet.

There were so many great ideas of what this new concept was, and it turns out it was a new moon. How disappointing.

If they had the same concept but with buying shares they could have gotten 10 times the peds they will get now, do they really think a new owner will do that much marketing for them?

If the guy that (perhaps if he really wants) wins the auction is the guy he pretended to be and not some guy several expect him to secretly be, then yes.

Perhaps this new moon will be located in orbit around (i.e, in close proximity to) a new, uninhabitable (read: unaccessible) planet. Perhaps a gas giant that'll never be suitable for colonisation.

Maybe it's not even ready yet for deployment?

"The Moon Manager will work closely with the MindArk design team throughout the moon estate’s development process, with direct input on important design decisions."

How far are the basic concepts of the moon built? Are we talking 6 months+ before it can go live?

This is very important question from a big investment point of view.

Rick

The word Anti-Climax sounds like a good word about the new deal .

I for one was hoping for new ideas not the asteroid sale once more .

If the usual suspects team up really well, they can orchestrate so that nobody places the start bid and MA has to re-list with a lower Start bid. That would be the ultimate finger, right after the Medusa disaster sale.

:lolup: THIS, needs to happen :laugh:

So this is basically a Planet Partner/Asteroid hybrid...

Disappointing ... :( ... their initial announcement gave the impression this will be a "shared" ownership that more ppl can get involved with ...

So ... this is the future of space ? 150K USD "Moons" :) ... It clearly can't be close or annexed to a planet because planets are PP and MA wouldn't favor one PP over the rest, no ? :silly2:

Whatever this moon will end up being can't be good news for everyone ... there's FOMA for xtreme mining and CP for same in hunting ... and there are planets for every taste (from half-naked women to lone screaming monkeys) :) ... so ... whatever piece of this pie the new "Moon" will take over means some1 will be loosing revenue ... that's if player base doesn't increase ten fold or more overnight to cover all the hungry PP/estate owner mouths :laugh:

Best bet atm - some1 will buy that Moon for close to SB, there will be a couple of months of new thingy frenzy when it will open and prolly will end up like Medusa - hardly ever visited by any1 except occasional mission grinders :(

The winning bidder will work closely with the MindArk team throughout the estate’s development process with direct input on important design decisions,

Originally Posted Here

I wasn't going to say anything...but this line...I can't help it...:laugh:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so it's not even ready for deployment yet? But it's coming soon??? Is that anything like Taming is "coming soon??? Mindark, I love you...whatever you do, don't go changing...ever...:laugh:

Pfft I bid 5 ped. :laugh:

I wasn't going to say anything...but this line...I can't help it...:laugh:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so it's not even ready for deployment yet? But it's coming soon??? Is that anything like Taming is "coming soon??? Mindark, I love you...whatever you do, don't go changing...ever...:laugh:

They're talking about future development and expansion. It will come with all(or most) things mentioned once it's sold.

Mindark, I love you...whatever you do, don't go changing...ever...:laugh:

[IRONY]
Does anybody know any comedy series that is so incredibly bad that you just HAVE to watch it they are that bad?
Does anybody know any person in real life who is so stupid that you almost have to love them for it?

Does anybody know a company..... nah, I don't think I need to ask that one....

I think the auction will be won with 1 bid to an 'unnamed' investor with the avatar name "Moon auction bidder".
The peds will then run round and round in circles and MA will be in deep discussions with themselves about development!

[/IRONY]

They're talking about future development and expansion. It will come with all(or most) things mentioned once it's sold.

Hmmm, do you have some information besides what's in the OP? Could you point us to it please? Or you're just guessing based on MA's stellar track record? :laugh:

Hmmm, do you have some information besides what's in the OP? Could you point us to it please? Or you're just guessing based on MA's stellar track record? :laugh:

Just read it carefully. It's all there.

It says:
The moon estate includes the following features:
It doesn't say "will include". Of course, once it's released there might be a footnote saying "known issues: entrance to lunar caverns has collapsed. issue will be resolved in future VU".

I think we`ll all get the chance to visit this moon after next VU and I bet most of it is already there. They've probably had the core design for a long time since their NASA and ESA collaboration.

Just read it carefully. It's all there.

It says:
It doesn't say "will include". Of course, once it's released there might be a footnote saying "known issues: entrance to lunar caverns has collapsed. issue will be resolved in future VU".

I think we`ll all get the chance to visit it after next VU and I bet most of it is already there.

lol, when CND first came along, didn't it say it included an arena? How long was that in coming...

I think i'll wait for clarification from MA. I've read it, and it says nothing about whether the things it comes with are currently finished. :rolleyes:

hehe mind dark has found the perfect business

they sold CLDs for 6M USD and with the cash they implemented a new moon
(its written that a *part* was planned for advertising, the rest was for them, so its all clear)

now they will sell the new moon and impleent another virtual big thing to sell

risk for them is null: the land deed has a value of 0.0 PED :)

i really applause their ability to make money from nothing, thats really amazing

in most of the games, the "last man standing" is the winner,a s he collected all resources
in entropia this player will be the biggest ATH loser, as he will have bought all deeds that have no value
really weird game :)

i wonder if this business model is applicable in real life

All I have to say is MA is in bad need of money it seems. They can't fix bugs, reintroduce old systems yet they TRY to create more planet/moon/wtfevershit. 6mil sale for Caly and cant even do marketing like they said they would. Seems my money will keep going else where as it has been for few months.

-Bemo-

Back