I am a tad mad with the lyst timer!!

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
Been back to mining for a break from crafting.

Now i am a markup miner, so shinook is obviously a good start point.

What i hate is the following.

Go out mining and get 4 different ores with no lyst in an area. All good

Then half way through the run, the 4 ores disappear and replaced by lyst only.

Now i understand the need to have lyst fillers. But for an area to go from one extreme to the other is just simply f****** annoying.

If i was a LA owner i would think about sueing MA for this. Especially if i purchased a LA for the sole purpose for miners and the minerals contained there.

But to go from no lyst to only lyst (on every bloody claim) is ridiculous

It is obvious that these areas have a lyst timer. Again i don't mind that, but simply replacing all claims with lyst is beyond belief, espeically when using vrx3k with depth enhancers!!!!!!!!

Why not have lyst mixed in???????? (is that soooo hard to programme? All you will get are people stopping mining until the timer has expired. Like me now

Rgds a rather peeved and thinking about just going back to crafting

Ace

When we first identified this change over 2 months ago...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?235974-Too-Much-Lyst!!!!/page5

a lot of the idiot know-it-alls didn't believe it. Now it is common knowledge, and yet for some reason, nobody has done anything about it. LA owners should be up in arms over this and banding together to influence MA. For all I know, they might be...but the fact remains unchanged.

I would love for them to change it back, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. For now, the only way I see to avoid it once you stop hitting the good ores and get that first Lyst, is to either move to within a different server boundary, or stay in the same boundary and wait (I use this time to dig up the good ores I found before the Lyst cycle started).

At least they gave us the Lyterium Power Container BP to eat up the lyst...MU has climbed from 102 to about 106-107 some days. BTW, this BP is the ManBearPig of BP's. Its a vehicle BP that looks like a Enhancer BP, but it drops componant BP's. I love it.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?235974-Too-Much-Lyst!!!!/page5

a lot of the idiot know-it-alls didn't believe it. Now it is common knowledge, and yet for some reason, nobody has done anything about it. LA owners should be up in arms over this and banding together to influence MA. For all I know, they might be...but the fact remains unchanged.

I would love for them to change it back, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. For now, the only way I see to avoid it once you stop hitting the good ores and get that first Lyst, is to either move to within a different server boundary, or stay in the same boundary and wait (I use this time to dig up the good ores I found before the Lyst cycle started).

At least they gave us the Lyterium Power Container BP to eat up the lyst...MU has climbed from 102 to about 106-107 some days. BTW, this BP is the ManBearPig of BP's. Its a vehicle BP that looks like a Enhancer BP, but it drops componant BP's. I love it.

so how long are the lyst periods ?

Angel

Angel

Timing varies even in the same areas. And I am only talking about the areas that never had lyst previously... and where there now are solid lyst streaks, until the switches back. Areas that normally have lyst usually function fine still meaning that you will find Lyst, then maybe some good minerals, then a Lyst again and so on.

Angel

Until MU of fucked up gazz and belk will not go up enough. (or other dumped down, important resources)

Then "history repeating".

People wanted "better returns"? Possibility to profit? Don't give fuck about MU of resources, and mine it even if it falls to 113%? Lazy to move on another planets? Calypso for life?

Enjoy Lystfests™, as automatic adjuster of your whole combined wishes.

Until MU of fucked up gazz and belk will not go up enough. (or other dumped down, important resources)

Then "history repeating".

People wanted "better returns"? Possibility to profit? Don't give fuck about MU of resources, and mine it even if it falls to 113%? Lazy to move on another planets? Calypso for life?

Enjoy Lystfests™, as automatic adjuster of your whole combined wishes

Give it up all ready! This is a specific issue related to the lyst timer. Getting bored of reading about your rants

Rgds

Ace

Reactions: Pig
Give it up all ready! This is a specific issue related to the lyst timer. Getting bored of reading about your rants

Rgds

Ace

Sorry, "issue" did you say? No, it's perfect mechanics.

Where is your "issue" with "lyst timer" at other planets?

Why that "issue" appeared in area, where was no lyst at all? Interesting fact - in most popular area?

Why not have lyst mixed in???????? (is that soooo hard to programme? All you will get are people stopping mining until the timer has expired. Like me now

:silly2: the timer is old hat. Contemporary method, you get 75% TT crap like lyst, 25% something like pyrite. Mix these two together and you will not be profiting. By stopping clicking you lose those precious lyst claims and they are replaced with...nothing. You can do what you want but the lyst and crap, will still dominate

it goes much futher back than a month or two, but a lot of idiot know-it-alls didnt believe it or didnt care..

Hello. What is wrong with mining . Iam geting Lysterium in Gazzurite only areas and no Belkar. Same time same 5 people are geting Redulite as it is TT food. Is system compromised or that avatars using some bug to take advanatage in game ???

and before that it was tested on other planets, i tried to get the issue answered by MA and bring it to the attention of people outside of the mining subsection but the powers that be at this place didnt allow that, so i stopped posting so much and cut back on my activity in game..

Having timers is a lot better than having "lyst mixed in". One you can avoid, the other you can't. MA could take the lyst out but then you'd have people complaining about the low TT returns.

Why not talk to Kim about fixing the mining maps so they're resistant to over-mining? Ark doesn't have trouble with lyst... I assume it's because they have many ores in each area.

I also find it funny that one thread today talks about how we don't need more mining land while another complains how we don't have enough good mining land.

Last edited:
Having timers is a lot better than having "lyst mixed in". One you can avoid, the other you can't. MA could take the lyst out but then you'd have people complaining about the low TT returns.

Why not talk to Kim about fixing the mining maps so they're resistant to over-mining? Ark doesn't have trouble with lyst... I assume it's because they have many ores in each area.

I also find it funny that one thread today talks about how we don't need more mining land while another complains how we don't have enough good mining land.

That is true i suppose, probably best to put it down to being very frustrated. When working out average markups, getting a load of lysts is a pain in the ass. But as you say, if you get some lyst then stop.....and yes that part i can control.

No more ranting from me for a while i promise :) Just needed a little time to cool off from it and get a different perspective

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: although i stick by what i said for LA owners, that would really piss me off. And i feel for them

The lyst phase period (or timer) can be an advantage to the skilled/dedicated miner. I found that once the lyst period ended it signaled an entire refresh of the area, as soon as belk and gazz are located slap on an appropriately bigger amp. to take advantage of the higher markup resources. You can now work the hell out of the area until you have 40+ claims to hover them up before the next lyst phase. Wash, rinse, repeat...

IMO the timing, or refresh rates in these areas or the whole game hasn't changed at all. The lyst phase is an effort to replace NRF in areas that previously has positive and negative periods for ore (the phase timing doesn't seem to effect enmatter), now we know that the entire board is refreshed, not just switched from good ore to crap ore, but completely refreshed, at a seemingly random rate. I doubt very much that landowners in these areas have lost revenue. I suspect that it has increased due to there being no negative ore phases. Lots of lyst hofs and a lot more intense mining.

Every time MA make a change to something this obvious, they reveal something about the mechanics of the games loots systems, which the skilled technician can take advantage of :cool:

Haven't had a lyst claim in a while... probably because I stay away from Lyst.

Haven't had a lyst claim in a while... probably because I stay away from Lyst.
So you haven't been mining on Calypso then.

Also, just wanted to mention that, yesterday i got lyst lyst lyst lyst... at Shinook... waited for 30'ish minutes, went out again... 2 lyst claims, continued anyway, next claims were normal gazz/belk/duru, but only got a 15 minute window of "normal" ores there, then it was back to lyst lyst lyst.

If MA put in that much lyst, why they don't put in also a bunch of new bp,s using a lot lyst?

MA's balancing make me sick and let my stop to play much !!! The day will come, and i can't play this game, about i lost all my fun to play EU.

So you haven't been mining on Calypso then.

Contrarily, I only mine calypso for the past 3-4 weeks.
I purposely pick areas that have ZERO lyst.
The most TT-able ore I find on a daily basis is Blaus or Azz, however I don't TT anything.
My most common ores are Gazz, Cobalt, Duru, Narc and Blaus.
I am using 213(L) with I/II/III depth enhancers, usually unamped with a handful of lvl5 and D-Class thrown in (though I am using amps less and less frequently).

If you drop less than 500 bombs a day and have more than f105 maxed, the only blame for your lyst claims lay upon your own shoulders.
I can drop 200 bombs in my fave LA without running out of area to mine and without a single Lyst claim (guaranteed).
You can too, but you don't.

Maybe you have reasons why you don't, but those reasons are your own and not the fault of MA or the mining system.

note: I know there is a tonne of lyst out there, I'm not discounting that fact. But if I can avoid it so can you.

Last edited:
Contrarily, I only mine calypso for the past 3-4 weeks.
I purposely pick areas that have ZERO lyst.
The most TT-able ore I find on a daily basis is Blaus or Azz, however I don't TT anything.
My most common ores are Gazz, Cobalt, Duru, Narc and Blaus.
I am using 213(L) with I/II/III depth enhancers, usually unamped with a handful of lvl5 and D-Class thrown in (though I am using amps less and less frequently).

If you drop less than 500 bombs a day and have more than f105 maxed, the only blame for your lyst claims lay upon your own shoulders.
I can drop 200 bombs in my fave LA without running out of area to mine and without a single Lyst claim (guaranteed).
You can too, but you don't.

Maybe you have reasons why you don't, but those reasons are your own and not the fault of MA or the mining system.

note: I know there is a tonne of lyst out there, I'm not discounting that fact. But if I can avoid it so can you.

Maybe it works different for different ppl. I also go to places without any lyst, but since a while there is lyst also, if the lyst timer is switchet on. You maybe just have luck to hit no lyst windows, dunno.

well profit seems to mine in treasure island.. if u drop finder to tt finder u start finding lyst from there also.. dunno if its cool to mine in taxed areas all the time

well profit seems to mine in treasure island.. if u drop finder to tt finder u start finding lyst from there also.. dunno if its cool to mine in taxed areas all the time

TI east is one place, yes.
Dropping to TT finder? I specifically said:
"If you drop less than 500 bombs a day and have more than f105 maxed, the only blame for your lyst claims lay upon your own shoulders."

I don't know what you classify as "cool" mining. But the taxation of an LA isn't as detrimental to ROI as finding tonnes of low markup is.

People wanted "better returns"? Possibility to profit?

I know it's a bit of an older post, but only now I got to read it. Look, PE/EU existed before your times. This game has seen many economic changes. Do you know that, at some point (like, 1,5 years before you joining the game) there were no freaking amps? And your whole model of "have big pedcard or suck it" didn't existed?

I understand that for you it might not be fun. But this game must be approachable and playable even with 1k peds. In the mining system which you loved and praise so much it was bloody impossible.

It's not healthy for EU to cater exclusively to the needs and fun of, like, 20 miners who could actually afford runs of 30-40 amps 105 (and still have in storage and auction the double-triple of that). Same miners which, with the exception of some severe lack of understanding of math, would unavoidably arrive at profit, at that volume. Hence, be leeches for EU. Are you able to understand that? I personally can't play this period due to some IRL stuff, but whatever I played this year was the freaking happiest week in last years in EU. Hadn't had that feeling of fulfillment of actually seeing in my results the fabled 90%ish since years. I'm a 1k ped-max miner, that's my limit. I wasn't able to mine with such budget without going broke in 4-5 days (even unamped) since 2006. That had to be changed.

Well, since the older post has been brought back up...

I read this a while back, and was having very few Lyst claims at the time, though I had seen evidence in some areas for what was being called the "Lyst timer".

I haven't had a lot of time to play EU lately, but out of curiosity, I mined OLA60 for about 470 claims on 1800ish bombs over a 2 week period. Primarily, I did this by carpet bombing using F105 w/5 depth enhancers and Lvl 2 Amps over every single piece of land within the LA (except for the area w/Nexnecis and Molisk) in each run (though maybe 50 claims were on shorter runs).

What I found was that with only one global (51PED), I had over 90% TT returns. More importantly to this discussion, I never hit a single Lyst claim. However, I did notice that some sessions were very heavy on Belk, while others were very heavy on Gazz. In fact, one run had over 80% Belk and a separate run had over 80% Gazz. So I'm not sure if the Lyst timer is warded off by enhancers or by lower amps or was changed or I just happened to never hit Lyst, but I'm skeptical of the Lyst timer based on these results.

For those curious, % of mined resources:
Belk: 36.2%
Duru: 13.6%
Gazz: 47.7%
Kane: 2.5%

I know it's a bit of an older post, but only now I got to read it. Look, PE/EU existed before your times. This game has seen many economic changes. Do you know that, at some point (like, 1,5 years before you joining the game) there were no freaking amps? And your whole model of "have big pedcard or suck it" didn't existed?

I understand that for you it might not be fun. But this game must be approachable and playable even with 1k peds. In the mining system which you loved and praise so much it was bloody impossible.

Yeah, you right. I created my ava with 6-digit pedcard already, and started my ownage.

It's not healthy for EU to cater exclusively to the needs and fun of, like, 20 miners who could actually afford runs of 30-40 amps 105 (and still have in storage and auction the double-triple of that). Same miners which, with the exception of some severe lack of understanding of math, would unavoidably arrive at profit, at that volume. Hence, be leeches for EU. Are you able to understand that? I personally can't play this period due to some IRL stuff, but whatever I played this year was the freaking happiest week in last years in EU. Hadn't had that feeling of fulfillment of actually seeing in my results the fabled 90%ish since years.

Rookie tools? ROOKIE TOOLS? <-- I know this will be ignored. It always ignored. It's "not good" question.

I'm a 1k ped-max miner, that's my limit. I wasn't able to mine with such budget without going broke in 4-5 days (even unamped) since 2006. That had to be changed.

1k? Unamped? 1000 drops for ore planetary? Broke in 4-5 days? Even with "old" system?

Sorry. I even can't imagine such fucking retard which you described. I see only two ways to go broke:

1: Stay at one place and drop bombs on autouse.
2: Don't drill your claims and let them expire.

----

But you're right. It changed. And as I said before - all MU's is completely fucked now. Welcome to paradise.

It's not healthy for EU to cater exclusively to the needs and fun of, like, 20 miners who could actually afford runs of 30-40 amps 105 (and still have in storage and auction the double-triple of that). Same miners which, with the exception of some severe lack of understanding of math, would unavoidably arrive at profit, at that volume. Hence, be leeches for EU. Are you able to understand that? I personally can't play this period due to some IRL stuff, but whatever I played this year was the freaking happiest week in last years in EU. Hadn't had that feeling of fulfillment of actually seeing in my results the fabled 90%ish since years. I'm a 1k ped-max miner, that's my limit. I wasn't able to mine with such budget without going broke in 4-5 days (even unamped) since 2006. That had to be changed.

Im not quite sure what drew said that warranted this little rant, but one thing you have to understand that the system was not designed by drew, you cant blame him or others for that only MA.
you also seem to have quite a disturbed way of viewing things if you call a miner who grinds out a huge turnover, risks a considerable amount of ped, to sometimes make a tiny profit in this game , after markup, a leech.
It is pretty obvious to me that MA wanted people to turn over huge amounts of ped, and lose large amounts of money, and here you are pointing fingers at the few people who found a way, without reselling or cheating, to make a tiny tiny profit in this game.
maybe someone should point a finger at you, because if you could not play for free on a 1K budget unamped, maybe its you there is something wrong with, maybe you are the one with a severe lack of understanding, as you put it, and i find it quite incredible, and quite narcisistic that you believe that because you failed and went broke in 4-5 days that the whole world just had to be changed, regardless how other people feel or how it affects them.
I dont think its healthy that EU caters to those that can not budget or do basic maths, to the careless, and to those unwilling to make any effort at all and expect to have the world spoonfed to them.

Rookie tools? ROOKIE TOOLS? <-- I know this will be ignored. It always ignored. It's "not good" question.

Huh? I will asume my Enlgish is not good enough so I'll try slower: before 2007 it was easier to mine with 1k ped because the swings in return were smaller. At the freaking meteor event (september 2005) the biggest ATH in mining was some 4,5k ped or so. Then it got showered ("meteor filled with minerals falling from the fkin sky"), and until the end of 2006 it went toward 40k biggest ATH. For that year, iirc, were introduced only the first 3 levels of amps.

At the moment of sep 2005 were like 4? miners in whole game with MS. Only one or two with Drilling Expertise. CGA was uber etc.

Now, if at that point the biggest (sep 2005) ATH was 4,5k ped and the bomb was still 1 ped, while in last years we saw even some 40?50k? unamped planetside at the same cost of 1 ped/bomb, is that a picture clear enough for you that the swings got wilder?

I don't care that we have Rookies now. It's a great and welcome tier for beginners who can get a taste of EU at a small cost, but is not what I'm talking about.

1k? Unamped? 1000 drops for ore planetary? Broke in 4-5 days? Even with "old" system?

Yes. If by "old" you mean 2006-2012. Let me describe: before running was nerfed, I was able to drop 500 bombs a day. Whenever such 500 run would yield a return of 50%, that meant a budget of 750. If by badluck the next 750-800 run would yield some 60% return, good luck getting back at 1k.
All you had to meet afterwards were regular returns of 80-90% and it was a sure and quick way to getting broke.

By your reaction, I can tell you actually never mined with 1k peds all your pedcard. You have no clue what's that selling stacks of 40 peds ores. Let me underline the most important aspect: 1k peds all your pedcard. Because having another reserve of, say, 2k peds, which to compensate for the eventual bad luck is a completely different story.

Please understand that 1k bombs = 800 tt + 1k bombs = 1050 tt is a completely different story if:

1. the whole initial budget is 1k (then the resulting tt is 850 ped) - 85% compared to
2. the whole initial budget is 2k (then the resulting tt is 1850 ped) - 92.5%

The less peds you have, the bigger and bigger MU you need and the lower and lower chances of actually hitting that MU in a consistent matter.

As I was saying, it is clear for me that you never actually mined with 1k ped on your name, you don't know what that system meant. For your ava appearing at 6 digit card, that I dunno, but then again you said you have experience with auction. I don't see that as "bad", but keep your thoughts for the situations which you know, and most important, don't desconsider those with a different opinion.

Im not quite sure what drew said that warranted this little rant,

I don't blame drew for the system, only for his words.

As for the tiny profit, please. And leech I haven't said peiorative, but only as a qualification versus the input-output scheme of EU. Simply the system was favouring those with a greater chance to pull out. That's what I said.

As for "you failed and went broke in 4-5 days". When mining, you can only drop bombs. Of course, you can judge, try to hunt a specific ore, a specific interval etc. and so on. When crafting, you can only click the machine. Everything else is a subjective process which may or may not be correct. Are you so kind as to provide me with a description of what's that "failed dropping a bomb" and "marvelously intelligent dropping a bomb"?

You didn't had to be smart. Just to have a pedcard big enough to hit the payback hit and hope it will come in a good MU ore. That was all. How come would be not having that payback hit "failing" when it's an action independent of your intention or influence, I for one can't see.

As for basic math, we can all (or, well, most of us) do it. But, check above some basic math which seems wrong at first view and counterintuitive, but it's actually correct in practice.

Last edited:
Now, if at that point the biggest (sep 2005) ATH was 4,5k ped and the bomb was still 1 ped, while in last years we saw even some 40?50k? unamped planetside at the same cost of 1 ped/bomb, is that a picture clear enough for you that the swings got wilder?

Sure! Especially when max planetary unamped hit for 1 ped drop is 14k+, and not "some 40-50".

I don't care that we have Rookies now. It's a great and welcome tier for beginners who can get a taste of EU at a small cost, but is not what I'm talking about.

Sure! No one gives a fuck, when one miner from my FL climbed from 10ped to 900ped by pure rookie mining. Ofc it's fucking nothing, when you can go sweat, get those funny 10ped, and start PLAYNG.

Oh fucking yes, it's hard...

Now let me skip all that bullshit about returns, since even above fact showing that you have not know basic multipliers. Thus, your knowledge is wrong.

By your reaction, I can tell you actually never mined with 1k peds all your pedcard.

Correct, never. I started from 2009 from sweating attempts, hunting small stuff and etc-etc-etc, never had RIGHT mentor, and only in 2011 decided to depo some 40 bucks, so you're right, I started from ~400ped, not from 1k.

You have no clue what's that selling stacks of 40 peds ores. Let me underline the most important aspect: 1k peds all your pedcard. Because having another reserve of, say, 2k peds, which to compensate for the eventual bad luck is a completely different story.

Fuck yes, I have no clue, that 40 ped ore stack selling at AH have HUGE advantage to 1.5k ones, for example. Since 40 peds can be sold for MORE MU than big stack.

If idiots falling to fucking tales from fucking resellers about fucking (too much fucks?) fees - it's their problem.

And now I will skip again useless theory. But this:

The less peds you have, the bigger and bigger MU you need and the lower and lower chances of actually hitting that MU in a consistent matter.

Sure. I can again remind about rookie tools (which I didn't yet had in 2011, by the way), I can tell something about selfdiscipline, bankroll management, etc-etc - but it's useless anyway.

As I was saying, it is clear for me that you never actually mined with 1k ped on your name, you don't know what that system meant.

Thanks, I know the truth now about myself. It was all my hallucinations.

For your ava appearing at 6 digit card, that I dunno, but then again you said you have experience with auction. I don't see that as "bad", but keep your thoughts for the situations which you know, and most important, don't desconsider those with a different opinion.

I never stated that my pedcard is 6-digit, I just didn't found tag "sarcasm".

Ok let's see how I don't know about multipliers.. At the time of these hofs there were no freaking amps ingame which to contradict what I said. But, ofc, drew knows better. I've granted you the benefit of playing for a bit longer than I see you actually did. I was never a succesful player from the profit point of view, I like to try, to push things and so on. But I know stuff. I am playing since july 2005. And I am playing, not sweating (which, ofc I did until I hit the sweat cap when I started). I've unlocked the freaking MS before you even heard about PE/EU. Just please don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about.

this this this

Now go again and read what I wrote and get this point into your head: if you don't like the current game, adapt or quit. This current situation is better for more players than previous. And next time when you contradict me, don't come with fairy tales about sweating, selling stacks of 40 peds at I dunno what markup and good mentors. Those can push you so far and those can push from initial point X% players. EU is a system. Which needs to survive despite your personal problem with MU.

The fact that your personally were lucky and managed to contain that luck in a succesful way has nothing to do with the average Joe. We can't all sweat our way to mining. But we can all deposit 100$. We can't all sell stacks of 20 peds blau at 160%.

We can't have all the economy built in a model where only a few (compared to the number of players) can actually play.

I talk about a system which is friendly toward most people. You talk about a system in which you and other 2% found a way to enjoy it. If you can't understand that and "fuck" is the main vehicle of your ideas, buh bye.

Last edited:
I was never a succesful player from the profit point of view, I like to try, to push things and so on. But I know stuff.

So you know how, but can't? I think I will say the same when (if) I will get to age of 80 maybe.

I am playing since july 2005. And I am playing, not sweating (which, ofc I did until I hit the sweat cap when I started). I've unlocked the freaking MS before you even heard about PE/EU. Just please don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about.

this this this

Where is current unamped 40k-50k planetary? I don't see them.

Now go again and read what I wrote and get this point into your head: if you don't like the current game, adapt or quit.

Thanks for advice. Now, how do you think - if I was able to do something where most people wasn't - what I can do NOW, in this perfect economic swamp?

This current situation is better for more players than previous. And next time when you contradict me, don't come with fairy tales about sweating, selling stacks of 40 peds at I dunno what markup and good mentors. Those can push you so far and those can push from initial point X% players. EU is a system. Which needs to survive despite your personal problem with MU.

Nah, believe me - for me there is no problems with MU. At all. Those problems - have others.

The fact that your personally were lucky and managed to contain that luck in a succesful way has nothing to do with the average Joe. We can't all sweat our way to mining. But we can all deposit 100$. We can't all sell stacks of 20 peds blau at 160%.

I can name many those "lucky mofos", they still playing. But thanks to make me SpEcIaL. And it's also nice, when you know everyshit not only about me, but also about "we can all deposit 100$" - this is really nice.

We can't have all the economy built in a model where only a few (compared to the number of players) can actually play.

I talk about a system which is friendly toward most people. You talk about a system in which you and other 2% found a way to enjoy it. If you can't understand that and "fuck" is the main vehicle of your ideas, buh bye.

Thanks to including me in 2%. I will try to do my best and get in 0.2%.

Kisses.

Back