What now the egg has hatched ?

It is all speculation, most likely he will get the DNA and having a unique DNA can be very rewarding (if MA adds a Feffox iron mission), with Death having the Monopoly.

Worst case, Death gets screwed by MA and doesn't get anything other than a cute Feffox vanity pet when MA bring back taming (which if I recall, they announced would return this year, when I read their plan).

Not all investments are great investments, so simply assuming that the egg will end up being an amazing reward, simply because Death paid a lot for it doesn't really make sense.

Let's just hope for the best (both for Death and us)

(which if I recall, they announced would return this year, when I read their plan).

You recall wrong, they said they would start working on it this year. So they could start working on it december 2013 then develop it for two years and release it January 2016. And 6 months later they move to cryengine 4 and then only the basic systems work and we start over again.

Worst case, Death gets screwed by MA and doesn't get anything other than a cute Feffox vanity pet when MA bring back taming (which if I recall, they announced would return this year, when I read their plan).

I certainly hope not, since I want a Feffox following me too in pocket size :p

You recall wrong, they said they would start working on it this year. So they could start working on it december 2013 then develop it for two years and release it January 2016. And 6 months later they move to cryengine 4 and then only the basic systems work and we start over again.

Thanks for the correction. I remember reading about it, but it was almost half a year ago, so couldn't remember the details

You may be positively surprised upon opening a black box you've looted. The surprise may still be positive if you bought the box for $10k. It's not guarantied that you'll still be surprised if the box did cost you $69k :)

Was I that unclear?
I wrote "It must not match any certain value" and until the event is not over and until Deathifier himself then states it, I will not believe that he did not get anything at all.
The amount of screwing up MA is capable of did surprise me a lot in the past but I just wont believe he got nothing.
Even with a black box just looted freshly that would not be any positive surprise at all...

okey so who said the egg was gonna be worth 70k dollars.. no one.. all tho i still think dethi didnt pay that much but it was just way to get into records... and i cant think anything worth 70k ingame that could hatch from a small egg.. so in the end dethi jist paid way over the head but its no MAs prpblem

The revenue being generated by this thing hatching and the robot invasion preceding the Spring Mayhem is obviously not going to the owner of the egg. I'm pretty sure it's value will exceed $70K for MA when all the dust settles. The community should stop participating in Spring Mayhem until they know with some certainty that Deathifier is receiving a generous share for being the eggs owner, regardless of how much he paid for it.

Reactions: Lee
funny to read people say that the egg is not valued $70k.

For you all an art piece like, lets say, a Picasso would be valued something like $50 because it didnt cost more to paint it?

If something is bought 700k ped and then is retrieved from the inventory by a tierce, the owner just HAVE LOST 700k ped.

so if MA make Deathifier loose 700k ped of Market Value, they have to give him a reward valued something about 700k ped of Market Value

why? if they dont retrieve it from his inventory, he still can sell it. And who knows for how much? he bouht it 700k ped it could be sold for even more as MA said they would be working on it.

Last edited:
It's a little early for outrage. Let's wait and see the final outcome.

Prior to this event, the egg had no more value than any other ornament despite what he paid for it. The owner as presumably received some one off increase in LA revenue from the associated events that have been running on Treasure Island. And it wouldnt surprise me if he ended up with Fefox DNA

I admit I would be pissed off by the lack of communication if it had been me, but perhaps they want to keep event details under wraps and providing detail to Deathifier could amount to giving inside info to a player and incur accusations of favoritism and opportunities for exploitation (as opposed to exploits).

Regards,
KikkiJikki

This is the truth.

Let's review MA's stance on communication with customers. It's a basic one.

MA does not give ANY customers full advance knowledge of game changing developments. They do work with people to develop their estates using current mechanics and devices, but new items are just as much the rich persons guess as the not-so-rich person.

Deathifier must be kept in the dark here. To do anything less would be to confirm a double standard which MA has been accused of in the past often enough actually exists.

As for the cost of the egg, well... that's not MA's problem. That's players spending money on speculation. Sometimes it pays, sometimes it does not.

The Feffox is kindof wierd, though. If the Atrox was the mom (Queen), then the Feffoid must have.... er... um....

Well, I guess people are still people, even if they have been severely altered by nuclear radiation.

500px-Sheep.svg.png

I certainly hope not, since I want a Feffox following me too in pocket size :p

What, you think this is Pokémon? :silly2:

so if MA make Deathifier loose 700k ped of Market Value, they have to give him a reward valued something about 700k ped of Market Value

why? if they dont retrieve it from his inventory, he still can sell it. And who knows for how much? he bouht it 700k ped it could be sold for even more as MA said they would be working on it.

First, I'm sure that they asked Deathifier beforehand if he want them to use his egg for the event. It's really impossible to imagine that they just took it from his inventory, even if it's value was 100 ped. But I also think they didn't tell him what exactly will be the outcome (unless they have had a long time agreement), here he had to gamble with his egg, as we do all the time.

Now about what exactly he can expect back (unless, again, there was a long time agreement).

Imagine you made a box, put inside an atrox figurine and a project entropia poster, sealed it and gifted it to me with the promise that if I bring it back to you in a few years, you'll open it and I will really like what's inside. I didn't want to wait for so long and sold it to other guy, who believed that this mystery worth 10k$ but later sold it for 70k$ to another mystery lover. Now a few years later the latter guy comes to you, you open the box, and instead of being happy to obtain so awesome relics he starts beating you screaming where his 70k$. Say that you won't be all like wtf :)

Imagine you made a box, put inside an atrox figurine and a project entropia poster, sealed it and gifted it to me with the promise that if I bring it back to you in a few years, you'll open it and I will really like what's inside. I didn't want to wait for so long and sold it to other guy, who believed that this mystery worth 10k$ but later sold it for 70k$ to another mystery lover. Now a few years later the latter guy comes to you, you open the box, and instead of being happy to obtain so awesome relics he starts beating you screaming where his 70k$. Say that you won't be all like wtf :)

Imho, you are right because what you say make sense.

But take it differently :

The guy give a figurine and a poster promising something extra and never seen while you will send him back.

what you didnt say : the guy didnt precise what is the reward, because he even dont know what it will be yet (as MA with the egg)

then 10k, 70k etc blabla and when the guy who bought it 70k send him back the box, the guy tell him finally it will be something valued almost nothing, but certainly not your 70k

tbh, im the guy who bought it 70k, id say that the guy with the box took the risk, gambled with the market by not precising how much approx the reward would be valued, and now does not assume his responsabilities.

(but ofc as you say, if MA asked Deathifier before if he wanted the egg to hatch with a gamble risk for the reward, its not anymore MA's problem ofc, but only in this case)

Last edited:
The revenue being generated by this thing hatching and the robot invasion preceding the Spring Mayhem is obviously not going to the owner of the egg. I'm pretty sure it's value will exceed $70K for MA when all the dust settles. The community should stop participating in Spring Mayhem until they know with some certainty that Deathifier is receiving a generous share for being the eggs owner, regardless of how much he paid for it.

Yeah since the only reason we play this game is Deathifier's wealth. He paid that amount of money to Neverdie not to MindArk and that's the huge difference. Why has MA to make up for a deal between players? If I bought a Jester D1 from some crafter at 100k USD does MA have to compensate me for this? They don't have any benefit from this transaction. Maybe stop playing on RockTropia until ND will give Deathifier something of value. I know that's a retarded idea too but makes way more sense than what you've written here. Anyways does anyone really care about Deathifier's business? I certainly hope everyone is playing for his/her own reasons.

Long term investments always pay off in the end.

yeah right. my pixie harness that i looted 5 years ago hasnt went up in value at all! :laugh:

Yeah since the only reason we play this game is Deathifier's wealth. He paid that amount of money to Neverdie not to MindArk and that's the huge difference. Why has MA to make up for a deal between players? If I bought a Jester D1 from some crafter at 100k USD does MA have to compensate me for this? They don't have any benefit from this transaction. Maybe stop playing on RockTropia until ND will give Deathifier something of value. I know that's a retarded idea too but makes way more sense than what you've written here. Anyways does anyone really care about Deathifier's business? I certainly hope everyone is playing for his/her own reasons.

MA didn't have the egg until they removed it from Deathi's inventory and built a whole robot invasion and Spring Mayhem event around it in an effort to generate income for themselves. Regardless of what Deathifier paid for the item, or who he bought it from, it was in his inventory, now it has been removed, hatched and vast amounts of decay have been generating PED for MA. Until I learn different, Deathifier has been robbed.

Guess he can't sleep anymore due to the temporary loss of an item that has less use than a Basic Filter. Also the extra LA promotion due to one of these events will give him severe headachse when he is thinking about what to do with all the extra income he does not deserve at all. After reconsidering you are totally right he got robbed, !!!!! and almost murdered.

Obviously, until the event has reached it's conclusion, and all the dust has settled, we won't know what the final outcome will be.

For everyone saying MA robbed Deathifier, etc... well, again, until the final outcome is reached, we don't know for certain.

Perhaps MA will return the egg to Deathifier.... and that's it. If so, has Deathifier been robbed? No. He will have the exact same item in his inventory that he has had in his inventory for many years.

Maybe they will give him feffox DNA (I, for one, am rooting for this) or at least put several natural spawns on TI of varying maturities of feffox. (please no big huge ones... only a handful of players can hunt them, it seems). if this happens, has he been robbed? Maybe some may think so, others will see it as a fitting end to the story.

What if BOTH happen. Deathifier gets the egg returned, as a keepsake, AND gets feffox DNA. Well then, if this happens, I expect there will be some players who are up in arms about the whole thing, screaming that Deathifier got DNA from MA for free. (I mean, if he gets that 70k egg returned to him, the DNA would, in fact, be free, yes?)

Regardless of what happens, there will be a group of players chanting that it was inappropriate, unfair, wrong, etc., and another group saying how great it was.

Whatever happens, I certainly hope it benefits both Deathifier and the EU community. (see remark about feffox DNA. :) )

gals, don't you think it would be the most beneficial for the buyer of the egg to keep the story going and bringing him a pec of income every second from now on? there are ways to do that... ;)

J.

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd address a few of the points made.

Well everyone is commenting how bad the loot is, my guess is a percentage is being diverted to him.

No it's not and really there are far more efficient ways of doing something like this if that was what MindArk wanted to do.

So far we know that the egg was taken from deathifier without notice, we do not know what kind of "without notice" he meant. We know that deathifier has barely said anything at all about neither the egg, RX, feffox or anything for the matter, when ha has spoken its barely a worry in his words at all.
Without notice means I was not told it would be removed or when it was removed.
I found out when I checked out of curiousity and am not concerned about it, however I honestly believe that taking a few minutes to let me know that they'd be doing so would have been nice and the proper way of going about buisness.

Deathifier, are you sure you didnt accidentally TTed the egg?:laugh:
Very sure :)

Guess he can't sleep anymore due to the temporary loss of an item that has less use than a Basic Filter. Also the extra LA promotion due to one of these events will give him severe headachse when he is thinking about what to do with all the extra income he does not deserve at all.

The impact of the brief spawn of bots on TI was pretty minor - I've seen more activity from player run events and my own actions to be honest.

As for promotion they helpfully placed SEG 08-10 in an active Cornundacauda spawn.
I guess this counts as promotion since it promotes not hunting in the area if you happen to be looking forward to visiting the Cornundacauda spawn.

Oh and no I am not getting any headaches, the islands income has taken a wonderfully huge dive after the Feffox event started so I don't have to worry about spending extra income, 'cause there isn't any! :D

Obviously, until the event has reached it's conclusion, and all the dust has settled, we won't know what the final outcome will be.
Exactly, and when it reaches its conclusion the community will be given the chance to evaluate the outcome themselves.

Note that the Egg is not just some object that has some value associated with it, it represents a lot more than that - a lot of potential that if realised would benefit the whole of Entropia Universe, not just whoever happens to own it.

- Deathifier

Well everyone is commenting how bad the loot is, my guess is a percentage is being diverted to him.

No it's not and really there are far more efficient ways of doing something like this if that was what MindArk wanted to do.

This kind of sucks to read. When the event first started I ran right over to TI thinking this would be where MA would have had the event to find it way out in no where land. Very odd.

It will be fine I'm sure. Like Deathifier said, it has greater importance in general. The egg has been talked about for years by everyone. I do not see MA just taking something from a player (especially somthing that was purchased at that amount) unless it is planned... or the player was cheating... just my opinion

Last edited:
Without notice means I was not told it would be removed or when it was removed.
I found out when I checked out of curiousity and am not concerned about it, however I honestly believe that taking a few minutes to let me know that they'd be doing so would have been nice and the proper way of going about buisness.

Then I was humbly mistaken, I thought that is at least what they did, but now that the one actually owning the egg, you, says they didn't well then yeah.

Should you not receive a substantial compensation for this then I'm not sure what to say or think. The amount of money you spent on it is not exactly pocket change.

If you never get anything, I guess getting a lawyer and getting the community to go havoc, a tiny thug of media and suddenly you'll be compensated with a lot more than what you initially paid for it, I would love to say MA is not that stupid, but now that you said the above, I can't say the same anymore ;)

Deathifer is a major EU stakeholder. He paid 696969Ped for the Egg, I would expect he would get a substantial reward from its hatching

Just remember! Deathi payed this much to another player who can and most likely did take it out of the game or did invest it into his planet....

MA has no obligation to deathifler although I would be extremely sad if nothing great did come out of it for him!.

If I see a Unique Item on auction and buy it for 696969Ped will that make MA now owing me something awesome from this item, even though they see none of these peds and another player takes full advantage of them??

But I would hope if I did pay somthing like that then it was an awesome ending and MA returned item(s) of same or greater value.

I really hope Deathi gets something well worth it, not just some feffox DNA......

Feffox Costume F and M
Feffox hand poke arm (Gives a short electrical poke to players with a funny anitmation
Feffox Mini Pet that follows around
Feffox DNA

What more can a man want? O_O

How on earth do people think it makes sense that MA robbed Deathifier? Because there was a transaction between one player and an other, which was "valued" at some ridiculous amount that MA had no say in? Really?

My car broke down, and the dealer won't give me my warranty. I'll sue MA for that.

How on earth do people think it makes sense that MA robbed Deathifier? Because there was a transaction between one player and an other, which was "valued" at some ridiculous amount that MA had no say in? Really?

My car broke down, and the dealer won't give me my warranty. I'll sue MA for that.

Dude, when MA removes the single rarest item in game from your inventory without notice, builds a community event to generate $$$ in decay for themselves and keeps you completely in the dark about what/if anything you will get in return for being in possession of said rare item, regardless of how much you paid to own it, then perhaps you will understand how it feels to be robbed.

You are forgetting that it was MA who put the item IN the community at first, and never hinted about the monetary value of this particular item in the future.

You people need to stop confusing the concept "value" and "price". The price of the egg was $69K. The value is basically the tt, or the value of whatever the egg brings to the owner.

The tt price WAS a given (allthough I do not know it), the value of whatever it brings the owner was,and is, unknown.

The fact that people around here pay ridiculous amounts of money to eachother for stuff (of which the egg is only a major example) brings exactly ZERO obligation to MA.

Back