Question: The MA 40

Skaffen

Old Alpha
I was reading a post by Kim where he specified his IG avatar liked to hunt Eviscerators, but didn't enjoy Crafting.
- It seems that this much information should be enough to deduce the name of his avatar :wise:

I suggest a minimal list of equipment required to hunt Eviscerators be drawn up to cross reference with the Tracker to create a definite/very convincing ID.

Kim also stated that MA employees have a budget which should allow them to pop up on the Tracker fairly regularly so let's hear your most convincing deductions!

I appreciate there will be all sorts of wacko speculations, however the name of the game is deductive reasoning supported by the most convincing observations

1st to ID Kim or any of the MA 40 (convincingly) gets the Sherlock of the Month award and will receive mucho kudos.

I don't think that the phrase he dropped is enough to conclude that he likes to hunt them or that he had hunted them for any significant amount of time, only that their loot was bad for him :)

I don't think that the phrase he dropped is enough to conclude that he likes to hunt them or that he had hunted them for any significant amount of time, only that their loot was bad for him :)

So we're looking for an avatar that has not globaled on them and plays on 500 to 1000 ped per month. That narrows it down :)

He said his loot sucked on them, which suggest he took a significant sample size (can't call him a noob). I believe the cost to kill an Eviscerator is a reasonable proportion of 50 PED (if someone could detail?). Also the armour and dps required to kill effectively should help narrow down our options. Besides it is not just what he said but the significant implications that follow....you follow?

Last edited:
And not that much hassle for them to change name on the avatar reguarly... ;)

He said Eviscerators and not Elvis so you are ont he wrong mob ;)

He said his loot sucked on them, which suggest he took a significant sample size (can't call him a noob). I believe the cost to kill an Elvis is a reasonable proportion of 50 PED (if someone could detail?). Also the armour and dps required to kill effectively should help narrow down our options. Besides it is not just what he said but the significant implications that follow....you follow?

So we're looking for an avatar that has not globaled on them and plays on 500 to 1000 ped per month. That narrows it down :)

Who knows he never globalled?! - Only that loot sucked. Also he has a budget of 500-1000 PED/mnth (- I presume he doesn't blow it all so he should have a fairly liquid PED card. (He's not a Gambler or a noob....profile, see how it's done? :yup:)

Sorry Neil, not only do you misread what was said, but you have zero reasoning skills :dunce:

We can surmise:
his approx play times (he works, country)
some minimum equip req's (Eviscerator)
reasonable budget (yet can't withdraw)
doesn't Craft
prob tests multiple mobs (perhaps reported prob mobs)
understands game mechanics (not noob, not gambler)
tries to hide his ID (unlikely sociable/in soc)

Your turn....

And not that much hassle for them to change name on the avatar reguarly... ;)

I think he would need to maintain an ava with skills. Are you suggesting he can create a suitable ava at a whim?....pointless to play then, no?

Or your suggesting he has access to change name on a whim (likely from home)...surely req's some kind of admin rights, no?

Last edited:
I think he would need to maintain an ava with skills. Are you suggesting he can create a suitable ava at a whim?....pointless to play then, no?

No I said he can change name on avatar... ;)
So no point in trying to find a avatar with one name if it changes occasionly.

Well, the topic was about not being able to global, so he might as well meant that he never globaled on them.

Too many assumptions to even start :)

I think you are the one making assumptions between the general topic and a specific statement made in the thread. Reasonable assumptions are what you pursue until they become impossible -

Sherlock Holmes quotes -

- "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."
- 'You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear.'
- 'You know my method. It is founded upon the observation of trifles.'
- 'How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?'

Last edited:
Would require some kind of super user account...murky!

Not much work, just ask anyone at MA with the rights to change, he might even have
the rights himself (and most deffinitly the knowledge, since he worked with it earlier).

Not much work, just ask anyone at MA with the rights to change, he might even have
the rights himself (and most deffinitly the knowledge, since he worked with it earlier).

Chances are he plays at home during his leisure time (outside office hours)...come on, he hasn't played an ava up to combating Eviscerators and covered all his tracks. Besides he is not the only employee with an ava, do you think it likely they all have super user access to change ava name?

Chances are he plays at home during his leisure time (outside office hours)...come on, he hasn't played an ava up to combating Eviscerators and covered all his tracks. Besides he is not the only employee with an ava, do you think it likely they all have super user access to change ava name?

I think you have to understand how small MA really is, e.g their designteam is around 8-10ppl,
I guess PP is even smaller, you don't think they all know each other IRL? :)
What amount of time does it take to change a name in a DB, 1-2min?
All avatars has a number where all names are just secondary info related to that number.
This goes for most stuff ingame.

Btw, they are required to play certain amount per month, so most probably is some playing
done at work, but all other playing is probably done at home.
These avatars are under controll from MA, so it really doesn't matter where he plays... ;)

No need to change name if non knows who's behind avatar, but if someone finds out, it's
most probabaly changed. ;)

You show some amazing reasoning skills yourself with that comment, I must say.

My reasoning skills were illustrated directly below the quote that you narrowly selected to suit your purpose.
You need to stop reading what you want and take note of what is actually there.

I started this post to have some fun. If there was a chance someone could deduce Kims ava then as Joat pointed out - easily fixed/changed...no harm done.

Go kick your dog, you seem like the type that would get some satisfaction from it.

No need to change name if non knows who's behind avatar, but if someone finds out, it's
most probabaly changed. ;)

This was my thinking, which is why I think there is some chance to 'catch' him before he 'makes his escape'. If he plays at home (very probable), outside office hours (inconvenient to request changes), without ability to affect code (likely), there would be a 'stable' ava.

He could simply set his stats on private on EL

Also, if we figure out by any chance his avatar name this avatar is death, because he would have to abandon it or at least rename it. Else he would be bombarded by 10122012730 godzillion people that have questions and if he global another 90172037017923 godzillion threads about cheating , abuse , alien abduction and palm reading the end of mindark would pop up like mad.

We shouldn't track them
Just because we might be able to, it dosnt mean we should do it.

ofc everyone does whatever he wants anyway

Sooooo obvious, Alan Krom Alan has >20 evis globals this month. Now where have I heard that name b4???

I’m quite suspecting that dubious RumplestiltsKim character I saw weasling about Twin earlier tonight... :dunno:

This is just a wild guess... but could it be Kim ThinkTank Welter?

I don't care who MA employees are...or what other PPs employees play the game ..... But although our identity and their identity must be in safe place.... I remember a case in France that a player killed someone who killed his avatar in a game (Counter-Strike)....

I have another question, who is behind Avatar of discord ?

I think you are the one making assumptions between the general topic and a specific statement made in the thread. Reasonable assumptions are what you pursue until they become impossible -

Sherlock Holmes quotes -

- "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."
- 'You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear.'
- 'You know my method. It is founded upon the observation of trifles.'
- 'How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?'

he could also just be playing on the dev/test server?
at least i heard these rumours that the product is actually tested in some way, who do we think does this testing? :)

Back