FYI: maddy madalina maelene

Status
MA can make a button to retract bid, this way even if you are not paying attention can have the possibility to retract the bid afterwards

To solve one problem they would introduce about 50 ways to exploit the new feature...
Retracting bids shouldnt be part of any healthy auction system.
Why?
If you overbid someone he gets the peds back.. and now you overbid, who has the higher bid now?
Someone offer tt+1000 on tt+50 item and auction is about to end (lets say about 4 am) and now he retracts the bid, Boom, no bid on the item, he bids tt+1 and gets the item....
And so on....

all this talk about extra security reasons we see popping up couple of times/year....

the fact is there is already a warning "do you really want to place bid", good enough if you ask me. If you don't want to accidentally bid a shitload on something just put the peds in storage.

@op sorry for your loss.

Ok, since it is referred I better say something.

About 4 or 5 yrs ago, I found a chinese forum about Eu. I was glad to know there are some chinese players around in game. I joined that forum and try to help the new players. But all questions I got are: How to make money? You hoffed a lot you must be rich, can I borrow some from you? Do you sell PEDs and I can pay you in RL? I felt so frustrated and left that forum, never back again. That forum was closed around in 2011, I even met one of the Ark guys over there once. :p

During that period I met some old players, OP is one of them. Since he is crappy in english so I helped him in translating, from buying lv13s from you, Squall :p to asking for a warp flight on web chat. I told him how to play wisely, but always ended in failing tho. I loaned items and PEDs to him without any collectuals and no return date, then one day he told me he TTed my stuffs and lost all PEDs again. He said he could pay me in RL, I DONT need that and I got what I need in RL! Yes, I accepted that in the end because I thought thats the only way. But I dont loan anything to him again. I still help him in translation tho.

We have contacts in RL, so he asked me to help him in translation. like buying lv13s from you, all texts are typed by me and sent to OP then he copied and sent to you, and thats happened when I was at WORK. Later I told myself I cant be a baby sitter for him when ever he needs, I'm not a guy who was free all day long and sitting there waiting for his orders. He should learn and play on his own if he chose to play this game. So I didnt answer his messages in RL later, then one day when I logged in game and found I was removed. The 2nd day I found I was removed in RL contacts too. I thought thats probably good for both of us.

But about the same time as now in last yr, he came back in another account, just thought his ex-account isnt "lucky". He asked me to help in translation. For me I probably was the only one he could trun to help in game so I think ok, I will do again. I helped in translation, in fapping him, in buying items and etc..Then one day he asked me to translate the texts for new caly instance mission when I was busy at work, I just ingored him. Later when I was in game, found I was removed AGAIN!

thats the story. I would like to keep it between me and OP since: 1, thats something I think as personal; 2. he cant speak english so you guys may be thought: oh, only big can tell the story in english and we dont know what really happened. But since the behind guy was referred, I better say something...

So, OP is crappy in english, but he plays longer than me( I started in 2007). And I'm not the guy behind him, I dont know him in RL and never meet him, and I dont want to get involve in this again.

PS, all I do are only for help, I NEVER ask for anything in return.

^^ From the horses mouth as they say in western countries...

If you overbid someone he gets the peds back.. and now you overbid, who has the higher bid now?
Someone offer tt+1000 on tt+50 item and auction is about to end (lets say about 4 am) and now he retracts the bid, Boom, no bid on the item, he bids tt+1 and gets the item....
And so on....

Of course it should work only for the winning bid. Auction ends, and item and money get frozen for 1-3 minutes, during which the winner see a "Cancel bid" button in the Won tab instead of "Retrieve" (or in addition to it).

edit: on the other hand it would make possible to cancel a week old bid if you don't like the MU anymore :) but possibly there are workarounds. But all in all, yes, too much hassle.

Last edited:
Seeing Biggestglobal (a person with MUCH patience and goodwill if what he says is true) post I call it in this particular case "whats goes around, comes around", "reap who you sow", "payback is a bitch" and so on.

Whatever warnings MA will put in place, after a short while most people will spam-click whatever check mark they see in their faces, like the double check on pvp trades.

Is money, pay attention like you do in a normal shop..

Seeing people's reaction to this unfortunate event, I came to the conclusion that I have to express my opinion, due to this avalanche of bad vibes and subjective judgements.
I don't feel the need to justify my action (or better said - lack of action). I just want to make this clear from my point of view, for further references.

I play this game since 2005. From the summer of 2009, up until a bit more than 1 month ago, I had a long break. At first I disliked the removing of the peds from loot, then I hated introduction of L items and the final blow was the fact that MA changed topograhpy of Calypso... Knowing that I've lost forever the old rig and all the places I have known by heart, sickened me up to the point when I decided I have to stop playing. And I was not the only who felt that way.
But as I logged in about a month ago, to look around a bit, I discovered a lot of features that made my eyebrow lift a bit. The game was blossoming, graphics wise and content wise, I love the iron challenges, missions, reward system, the fact that now when you 'fail shot' you don't lose ammo, the autoclicker tool, flying ships, tiering UL's, plus a shitload of other awesome features that MA introduced to make the game more appealing. And it did... Because I started playing again.

But as this happened, I found myself in a totally new environment, different than the one I've left behind, so I had to test things...personally. That's why I've bought a lot of weapons and armors lately. I'm not a reseller, never was. I just calculate what would fit my play style, buy it, test it and sell it if I wanna test something else, because I don't have the peds to have (for ex.) Igni L1000 + LC100 Frontier + CAP-10 Smuggler + + +... all at once. I had to get one, test, sell if I think it wasn't what I was looking for...and so on.
And within this process, I also purchased a full Vigi F SGA, to test on tin cans. It's a very good armor - only downside being that it's bad on small drones. It is great for big bots, but awful on small bots. So as I rarely hunt big bots, I had to sell it. Little that I knew it will come to this 'problem'....

So I've set the whole armor in auc, plus a fap, Adapted vivo t15, the one that Pitt bought.
The armor was set on 1 ped disregarding tt value. Meaning minus 20, 30...whatever, on each part. Auctions were set on 7 days, and it ended yesterday, about 20:00 MA time.
To set things straight, I would like to add that all parts sold overpriced. For example, harness is mu 300, but sold for 900. And so on... Including the thigh, which sold for +10183.

Talking about this auctioned item, I still fail to understand where is my mistake. Or better said, what did I do, or haven't done, but should have?!....
I'm just a wo... (ok, I will refer to myself as 'someone', because I've noticed the tendency of being called a 'man' instead of 'woman', even if I've also posted my RL pic here... I find this funny, but not disturbing...I guess men can hardly believe that women play PE), so... I'm just someone who had set some items in auction on bidding, items sold and received peds when auction ended. That's all!
I am aware of the morality issue brought here, but I have my own reasons, which I would like to explain here, so maybe we will all be more careful when we're doing something.

I have done the exact same thing as he did! Yes, you heard it right. It was in 2006, I had placed a bid on a Foxtrot, and lost a lot (considering money in those years). Back then there wasn't even this feature that allows us to search for someone and send friend request, so I couldn't even find the person and ask for my money back.
The only entity where I went for help was MA. I thought the creators of the game will help me somehow and repair a mistake that I've made. So I explained my situation in a consistent support ticket, and the answer had only had 6 words: 'No. We can not do that.'

So I understood back then, that our actions belong to us. We are fully responsible for what we do. Each and every mistake we do, is our own. We cannot make mistakes and expect it will all be straightened up again.
I was trained and educated by this game, that within this virtual universe all that we decide is our own responsibility.
And believe me, it wasn't the only mistake I made. I've done a lot of bad choices and wrong economical moves along the way...besides wrong clicks in auction. And for each and every single one of them, the full economical loss belong to me.
So I swallowed my pride, moved on, lost by wrong clicks, lost by loss of MU, lost by trusting some wrong people, lost by not having inspiration about what's gonna come next, and never thought I should ask someone for help (financial help, to restore peds I've lost during my bad decision), as long as even the game creators meant it this way....
Their response 'No. We can not do that.' felt more like 'Hey! Put your shit together, missy. This ain't a fairy tale. What you do is up to you.'

Of course there were times when I won. I haven't only lost. I would be a hypocrite to say that. I won't do a calculation about how many times I've lost or won, because I would only make myself sad again, but my point is - every time I won and every time I lost, it was me. I took full credit when made a good decision and full responsibility when I made a bad one.
Of course I've met beautiful people. But you know what? Even though I was in very nice Soc's back then (Delta Force, Mysterium, BAHQ, M2S) and met very nice and kind people, the support was only moral... and that's how it should be. We all helped eachother with advices, information, we joked, laughed, hunted together etc... you name it.... but when it came to someone making a mistake, or taking a bad decision, he/she was on their own. No one gave free peds to restore balance between right or wrong, as everyone understood we are all responsible of our actions. When someone got scammed, the reactions were 'Ouch!', 'OMG!', 'Who is he/she?', 'How did it happen?' etc... It was all sincere, the support was there, but only on spiritual side. On economical side, the loss belong the the person who was scammed, who clicked wrong, who took a bad decision etc....

So you see?!...my lack of action in this matter only means I learned how to be like that. I've been through a lot of shit, noticed that I stand for myself when it hits the fan, took it all in my face when it did, so now I'm the innocent bystander. Because in the end it all comes to:
-his wrong click - his loss
-my wrong click - my loss
It's as simple as that. I've been there, felt that, can relate with that feeling, but I couldn't look in the mirror knowing that I was the one who payed the price each time I made mistakes and then I still was the one who payed the price when other ppl made mistakes too. No, sir! I would only be incredibly stupid. Kind, but stupid. And as kindness is always misinterpreted with stupidity, I'm not the one who decide to start changing this perception.
Because in the end, after I have done dozens of mistakes from which other people took advantage, if I would play it nicely for the first time when it happens to me, I would only be extremely dumb, not wise. I know the moral behind it, but where was the moral behind every mistake I've made? I didn't even posted things, or asked for help. As I said, the only time I asked help was to MA and you know the answer. So why bother with expecting people to act how I would like them to act... I learned to expect more from myself, not from others... I learned to be more careful, to double, or even triple check what I click on, thus losing less. My mistakes made me lose less over time. So I guess I'm a good eco bitch, because I lose less and less, after being so dumb at the beginning...

Long story short, as I also told Squal yesterday in our conversation in PM (before he removed me from f/l today... action which I understand and I don't blame him), it's not about the money, it's about the principles....
Last night, I was in Icarus, Boreas, PA, Nea's and newb rig giving peds and items to newcommers. I know how hard is at beginning, I never felt more than a newb myself and I'd rather spread the peds to people who's hearts simply explode of happiness than to train a person who made a mistake, that mistakes can be fixed - No! They can't! So pay more attention!
I gave peds to more than 50 people, made about 25-30 new friends, as a lot of them wanted to add me, bought sweat for 10 ped/1k, spent a lot of peds on this process and I will repeat it today.... Since I started playing again 1 month ago, there wasn't a day when I didn't spend some time in sweatters places. The help I provide is info and knowledge - from the little I know, I understood that sharing info with newcommers means a lot more than protecting who is not even careful with his own actions.
Making dozens of people happy is much more refreshing than knowing I would feed one man's impression that mistakes can be fixed. A newcommer with a free gun and 50 ped for ammo is a person won to the game. A clumsy person who gets his peds restored after clicking wrong, is a person who won't understand that his actions have reactions.

And talking about that, MA even made it a 3 step process. In order to place a bid, you need to:
1) Set amount of peds by clicking on the lill' arrows;
2) Press 'bid';
3) Press 'confirm' when the lill' window pops up telling you the amount you are going to place as bid.
So to do all those 3 steps in a row without noticing what the hell you are doing, means a lot of things and I don't wanna start judging other people's judgment...or lack of it...
For example, if I want to bid on a Mann Mph and instead of 1 ped I place 100k peds because I'm stupid, clumsy, tired, drunk...whatever...it is my fault, not the sellers fault, as long as the seller didn't intended that.
Besides that, what no one knows, is that on the thigh in matter he bidded 10k twice, overbidding himself. He bidded 10k, then in the same minute, another 10k. Maybe he realised what he did and wanted to 'remove' bid... I mean, c'mon... Mistake over mistake and I should be the one to 'repair' it, so that he can mistake some more? He needs to learn (if he does...) just like I did my lessons... I don't play God here, deciding what's wrong and what's right. I simply follow the rules and obey them when they are advantaging me, as much as I obey them when they are disadvantaging me.

I feel like I've said too much and yet it looks like I've said to little... Who wants to understand this, ok... who don't want to understand, still ok. If good rep means being dumb, then I don't want it, simply because I wouldn't want to please others by fooling myself. I only did what I've done to myself too in this game since I play it - left the full responsibility on his shoulders, as I had my responsibilities on my own shoulders. I'm not the one who disobeys the rules (even the unspoken rules), but the one who obeys then literally. So all I can say is that I'm sorry for his loss, but I'm simply paying forward the same price I had to pay (and that all of us had to pay) over the course of our time spent here.

I wouldn't want to end my first and only comment here (as I will not enter polemics with anyone...was just an explanation of my actions) without referring a bit to what Rechinu have posted as being our conversation.
I guess that if someone translated that, you all know how it went. I just wanted to add that he didn't posted it entirely, so I think I should post the beginning too, so that people can understand (if they didn't knew yet) what type of person he is. This is the beginning of that conversation:
<removed>
So as you notice, he was sort of congratulating me for the price I got, kind of like 'Hey, congratz! Cool price!' and then he smiled.... That's the talk any romanian has when he wants to say gz to someone.
I mean, I can understand him in a way... Meaning that I feel compassion about someone who's IQ only has two digits and who acts like a street corner hustler trying to score big on small time deals. I don't feel bad about him, or accuse of something. I just wanted (for the record) to post the complete conversation, so that people know who they are dealing with.

Hoping I've made myself clear about this matter, I end this comment by reminding you all that your actions are your own, weather you win or lose. Now if you'll excuse me, Boreas, Icarus and newb rig awaits me... Newbs with extra peds, guns and info about the game are a big asset to the game - a bigger one than someone who deliberately follows a 3 step clicking process in a wrong manner, then expects refunds.

Best regards,
Madalina.

Over & out!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, in short, people have not been nice to you, so you will not be nice to others. Great attitude. I was right, hard, sad life.

I have done the exact same thing as he did!

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, especially when you pick out an eye of someone who didn't wronged you.

I like how you said you don't feel need to justify your action and then took time to put up a post of the month about that. Maybe you should spend your excess free time in some more beneficial way, so you wouldn't have to sell your good name for a mere $1000.

What do you want MA to do about it? thousands of auctions go through the system on daily basis once in while something like this happens as people are taking notice of what they doing it has warning to make sure your happy with your action. People should just think before they act, i know its shit when this happens, but i just feel people who does this are just rushing to much.

they are developers.. they could easily put in some simple if statements that would off extra layers of protection against bidding to the power of ten higher than the item is worth.. ur right people rush, but that interface is just shit.

when i go pee i would like someone to hold my dick to be sure i dont pee outside the toilette wtf :scratch2:

MA can make a button to retract bid, this way even if you are not paying attention can have the possibility to retract the bid afterwards

yes this! this is the soulution, 60 seconds to retract or something

retract bid?

lol

ok so mod fap on auction

1st bid +100 peds
2nd bid +99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999peds

noone wanna outbid me? cool ill retract my bid and pay +100 for modfap

c'mon thats open to so much abuse!!

yes this! this is the soulution, 60 seconds to retract or something

Even if you had 10 warnings when bidding, this would still happen! It's like going to a shop in RL and when it's time to pay the bill you throw your wallet to the guy behind the counter letting him take the money out from your wallet. If you care about your money and/or PED you should be more careful!

all this talk about extra security reasons we see popping up couple of times/year....

the fact is there is already a warning "do you really want to place bid", good enough if you ask me. If you don't want to accidentally bid a shitload on something just put the peds in storage.

@op sorry for your loss.

Killahbee is right! If you want more protection just use the storage! Or even a box on your inventory! When I had a huge amount of PED with me, I saw my self with 35k+ on card and bidding on litle BP's at auction, till I realize what that could cause!

If you care you protect!

Now please don't ask for more warnings or retract bids on a live auction! Are we grown ups or kids?

...a load of repugnant, self absorbed, manipulative bullshit
Best regards,
Madalina.

Over & out!
the money doesn't belong to you, no matter how you twist it.

once i forgot to cancel a direct debit payment to my old landlord, he didn't want to pay me back. I took him to court and got all my money and expense back. So I guess the law doesn't agree with your pathetic "hard knock life" view.

Plus..

I always try to be mature here but I cant right now..

So...

<removed>

[...]It's as simple as that. I've been there, felt that, can relate with that feeling, but I couldn't look in the mirror knowing that I was the one who payed the price each time I made mistakes and then I still was the one who payed the price when other ppl made mistakes too. No, sir! I would only be incredibly stupid. Kind, but stupid. And as kindness is always misinterpreted with stupidity, I'm not the one who decide to start changing this perception.
[...]

How you would pay a price because he made mistake?
You would not benefit as much as you do now, but definitely you would not pay for it.

Overall you use very poor reasoning for you not giving back PED to him. I simply don't buy it.
If you don't wanna reimburse him that's fine - you are allowed to make that decision.
But have balls to say that straight instead writing essays with desperate reasoning.
Enjoy that $900, that must be few months wages for you...

Even if you had 10 warnings when bidding, this would still happen! It's like going to a shop in RL and when it's time to pay the bill you throw your wallet to the guy behind the counter letting him take the money out from your wallet. If you care about your money and/or PED you should be more careful!

Killahbee is right! If you want more protection just use the storage! Or even a box on your inventory! When I had a huge amount of PED with me, I saw my self with 35k+ on card and bidding on litle BP's at auction, till I realize what that could cause!

If you care you protect!

Now please don't ask for more warnings or retract bids on a live auction! Are we grown ups or kids?

with respect thats because your not thinking of it from a technical POV. a bid could have a 10 second cooldown period before it goes live so would not be exploitable and in that time you could realise your mistake. all the arguments for how easily it could be exploited would be childs play for able programmers to fix

No wonder the world is in shambles with people like you in it. It's so hard to be nice to someone? Ya he fucked up. You have too, you should have sympathy for him. Wow...you are an asshat.

quoted for truth...

pretty sure there is a special hell for people like her...real asshat...

And in before the :locked: I would like to say that from my years of playing this game I have seen this happen on many occassions, and I have never ever seen a good result from this unless it was a small enough accident.

And to all the people bashing her. That's the easiest thing one can do, but it will lead to nowhere. So it's pointless and a waste of time. She ain't worth effort. When money is involved it can turn any "honorable person" into a scum, except saints.

Check this video to see how there are real saints that exists in our world. We can only hope to be half as good as people as this fellow homeless man.

...<removed>
So as you notice, he was sort of congratulating me for the price I got, kind of like 'Hey, congratz! Cool price!' and then he smiled.... That's the talk any romanian has when he wants to say gz to someone.
I mean, I can understand him in a way... Meaning that I feel compassion about someone who's IQ only has two digits and who acts like a street corner hustler trying to score big on small time deals. I don't feel bad about him, or accuse of something. I just wanted (for the record) to post the complete conversation, so that people know who they are dealing with.

CONGRATULATE you for what? for being a NOT HONEST ? I never had this in mind to congratulate you for not being HONEST!
I`m sure about that NOT Many romanian is writing this when they wants to say GZ to someone. So stop with the false acusations that i have wanted to congratulate you.

Thought about this while driving home..... prolly should have been watching the road... oops

imo there seems to be a load of aggro pointed at maddy, and tbh i see the problem at the other end, the OP has given his login details to his "brother" who just splashed the cash at auction. The brother has bid 10k then overbid himself.... he bidded this amount twice.... thats not bidding ur whole pedcard.... if u bid ur whole card u wouldnt have any peds for the 2nd bid

maddy hasnt instantly handed peds over and everyone has gone into full on bullying mode.... thats not cool guys!!!

how many of u would hand over 10k instantly cos u were being publicly bullied? i dont think i would!

imo a softer approach would have worked wonders, sometimes use the carrot not the stick!

when i go pee i would like someone to hold my dick to be sure i dont pee outside the toilette wtf :scratch2:

+Rep

:laugh::laugh::laugh: yeaa and maybe mom can wipe your ass after u shit to :laugh::laugh::laugh:

imo people have only one reason to set extremely high buyouts and thats because they hope a fool with enough ped on his/her card will pay buyout instead of bid.

Its a legal way of scamming.

So never expect your money back, the high buyout is a try to rip off and this time it worked.

Very low behavior but unfortunately that is how this game works.

sorry for your loss btw.

imo people have only one reason to set extremely high buyouts and thats because they hope a fool with enough ped on his/her card will pay buyout instead of bid.

If I understood right from the auctioneer's post (Maddy), the auctions didn't have a buyout set. That's how the OP (or his brother) managed to bid 10k twice.

Maybe someone who actually so the armor set auctions can confirm that no buyout was set.

Thought about this while driving home..... prolly should have been watching the road... oops

imo there seems to be a load of aggro pointed at maddy, and tbh i see the problem at the other end, the OP has given his login details to his "brother" who just splashed the cash at auction. The brother has bid 10k then overbid himself.... he bidded this amount twice.... thats not bidding ur whole pedcard.... if u bid ur whole card u wouldnt have any peds for the 2nd bid

maddy hasnt instantly handed peds over and everyone has gone into full on bullying mode.... thats not cool guys!!!

how many of u would hand over 10k instantly cos u were being publicly bullied? i dont think i would!

imo a softer approach would have worked wonders, sometimes use the carrot not the stick!

No brother was involved. Read the translation Serica gave.

Its a legal way of scamming.

So never expect your money back, the high buyout is a try to rip off and this time it worked.

Very low behavior but unfortunately that is how this game works.

sorry for your loss btw.

No buyout was involved. The person overbid then overbid themsleves even more.

Seeing people's reaction to this unfortunate event, I came to the conclusion that I have to express my opinion, due to this avalanche of bad vibes and subjective judgements.
I don't feel the need to justify my action (or better said - lack of action). I just want to make this clear from my point of view, for further references.

I play this game since 2005. From the summer of 2009, up until a bit more than 1 month ago, I had a long break. At first I disliked the removing of the peds from loot, then I hated introduction of L items and the final blow was the fact that MA changed topograhpy of Calypso... Knowing that I've lost forever the old rig and all the places I have known by heart, sickened me up to the point when I decided I have to stop playing. And I was not the only who felt that way.
But as I logged in about a month ago, to look around a bit, I discovered a lot of features that made my eyebrow lift a bit. The game was blossoming, graphics wise and content wise, I love the iron challenges, missions, reward system, the fact that now when you 'fail shot' you don't lose ammo, the autoclicker tool, flying ships, tiering UL's, plus a shitload of other awesome features that MA introduced to make the game more appealing. And it did... Because I started playing again.

But as this happened, I found myself in a totally new environment, different than the one I've left behind, so I had to test things...personally. That's why I've bought a lot of weapons and armors lately. I'm not a reseller, never was. I just calculate what would fit my play style, buy it, test it and sell it if I wanna test something else, because I don't have the peds to have (for ex.) Igni L1000 + LC100 Frontier + CAP-10 Smuggler + + +... all at once. I had to get one, test, sell if I think it wasn't what I was looking for...and so on.
And within this process, I also purchased a full Vigi F SGA, to test on tin cans. It's a very good armor - only downside being that it's bad on small drones. It is great for big bots, but awful on small bots. So as I rarely hunt big bots, I had to sell it. Little that I knew it will come to this 'problem'....

So I've set the whole armor in auc, plus a fap, Adapted vivo t15, the one that Pitt bought.
The armor was set on 1 ped disregarding tt value. Meaning minus 20, 30...whatever, on each part. Auctions were set on 7 days, and it ended yesterday, about 20:00 MA time.
To set things straight, I would like to add that all parts sold overpriced. For example, harness is mu 300, but sold for 900. And so on... Including the thigh, which sold for +10183.

Talking about this auctioned item, I still fail to understand where is my mistake. Or better said, what did I do, or haven't done, but should have?!....
I'm just a wo... (ok, I will refer to myself as 'someone', because I've noticed the tendency of being called a 'man' instead of 'woman', even if I've also posted my RL pic here... I find this funny, but not disturbing...I guess men can hardly believe that women play PE), so... I'm just someone who had set some items in auction on bidding, items sold and received peds when auction ended. That's all!
I am aware of the morality issue brought here, but I have my own reasons, which I would like to explain here, so maybe we will all be more careful when we're doing something.

I have done the exact same thing as he did! Yes, you heard it right. It was in 2006, I had placed a bid on a Foxtrot, and lost a lot (considering money in those years). Back then there wasn't even this feature that allows us to search for someone and send friend request, so I couldn't even find the person and ask for my money back.
The only entity where I went for help was MA. I thought the creators of the game will help me somehow and repair a mistake that I've made. So I explained my situation in a consistent support ticket, and the answer had only had 6 words: 'No. We can not do that.'

So I understood back then, that our actions belong to us. We are fully responsible for what we do. Each and every mistake we do, is our own. We cannot make mistakes and expect it will all be straightened up again.
I was trained and educated by this game, that within this virtual universe all that we decide is our own responsibility.
And believe me, it wasn't the only mistake I made. I've done a lot of bad choices and wrong economical moves along the way...besides wrong clicks in auction. And for each and every single one of them, the full economical loss belong to me.
So I swallowed my pride, moved on, lost by wrong clicks, lost by loss of MU, lost by trusting some wrong people, lost by not having inspiration about what's gonna come next, and never thought I should ask someone for help (financial help, to restore peds I've lost during my bad decision), as long as even the game creators meant it this way....
Their response 'No. We can not do that.' felt more like 'Hey! Put your shit together, missy. This ain't a fairy tale. What you do is up to you.'

Of course there were times when I won. I haven't only lost. I would be a hypocrite to say that. I won't do a calculation about how many times I've lost or won, because I would only make myself sad again, but my point is - every time I won and every time I lost, it was me. I took full credit when made a good decision and full responsibility when I made a bad one.
Of course I've met beautiful people. But you know what? Even though I was in very nice Soc's back then (Delta Force, Mysterium, BAHQ, M2S) and met very nice and kind people, the support was only moral... and that's how it should be. We all helped eachother with advices, information, we joked, laughed, hunted together etc... you name it.... but when it came to someone making a mistake, or taking a bad decision, he/she was on their own. No one gave free peds to restore balance between right or wrong, as everyone understood we are all responsible of our actions. When someone got scammed, the reactions were 'Ouch!', 'OMG!', 'Who is he/she?', 'How did it happen?' etc... It was all sincere, the support was there, but only on spiritual side. On economical side, the loss belong the the person who was scammed, who clicked wrong, who took a bad decision etc....

So you see?!...my lack of action in this matter only means I learned how to be like that. I've been through a lot of shit, noticed that I stand for myself when it hits the fan, took it all in my face when it did, so now I'm the innocent bystander. Because in the end it all comes to:
-his wrong click - his loss
-my wrong click - my loss
It's as simple as that. I've been there, felt that, can relate with that feeling, but I couldn't look in the mirror knowing that I was the one who payed the price each time I made mistakes and then I still was the one who payed the price when other ppl made mistakes too. No, sir! I would only be incredibly stupid. Kind, but stupid. And as kindness is always misinterpreted with stupidity, I'm not the one who decide to start changing this perception.
Because in the end, after I have done dozens of mistakes from which other people took advantage, if I would play it nicely for the first time when it happens to me, I would only be extremely dumb, not wise. I know the moral behind it, but where was the moral behind every mistake I've made? I didn't even posted things, or asked for help. As I said, the only time I asked help was to MA and you know the answer. So why bother with expecting people to act how I would like them to act... I learned to expect more from myself, not from others... I learned to be more careful, to double, or even triple check what I click on, thus losing less. My mistakes made me lose less over time. So I guess I'm a good eco bitch, because I lose less and less, after being so dumb at the beginning...

Long story short, as I also told Squal yesterday in our conversation in PM (before he removed me from f/l today... action which I understand and I don't blame him), it's not about the money, it's about the principles....
Last night, I was in Icarus, Boreas, PA, Nea's and newb rig giving peds and items to newcommers. I know how hard is at beginning, I never felt more than a newb myself and I'd rather spread the peds to people who's hearts simply explode of happiness than to train a person who made a mistake, that mistakes can be fixed - No! They can't! So pay more attention!
I gave peds to more than 50 people, made about 25-30 new friends, as a lot of them wanted to add me, bought sweat for 10 ped/1k, spent a lot of peds on this process and I will repeat it today.... Since I started playing again 1 month ago, there wasn't a day when I didn't spend some time in sweatters places. The help I provide is info and knowledge - from the little I know, I understood that sharing info with newcommers means a lot more than protecting who is not even careful with his own actions.
Making dozens of people happy is much more refreshing than knowing I would feed one man's impression that mistakes can be fixed. A newcommer with a free gun and 50 ped for ammo is a person won to the game. A clumsy person who gets his peds restored after clicking wrong, is a person who won't understand that his actions have reactions.

And talking about that, MA even made it a 3 step process. In order to place a bid, you need to:
1) Set amount of peds by clicking on the lill' arrows;
2) Press 'bid';
3) Press 'confirm' when the lill' window pops up telling you the amount you are going to place as bid.
So to do all those 3 steps in a row without noticing what the hell you are doing, means a lot of things and I don't wanna start judging other people's judgment...or lack of it...
For example, if I want to bid on a Mann Mph and instead of 1 ped I place 100k peds because I'm stupid, clumsy, tired, drunk...whatever...it is my fault, not the sellers fault, as long as the seller didn't intended that.
Besides that, what no one knows, is that on the thigh in matter he bidded 10k twice, overbidding himself. He bidded 10k, then in the same minute, another 10k. Maybe he realised what he did and wanted to 'remove' bid... I mean, c'mon... Mistake over mistake and I should be the one to 'repair' it, so that he can mistake some more? He needs to learn (if he does...) just like I did my lessons... I don't play God here, deciding what's wrong and what's right. I simply follow the rules and obey them when they are advantaging me, as much as I obey them when they are disadvantaging me.

I feel like I've said too much and yet it looks like I've said to little... Who wants to understand this, ok... who don't want to understand, still ok. If good rep means being dumb, then I don't want it, simply because I wouldn't want to please others by fooling myself. I only did what I've done to myself too in this game since I play it - left the full responsibility on his shoulders, as I had my responsibilities on my own shoulders. I'm not the one who disobeys the rules (even the unspoken rules), but the one who obeys then literally. So all I can say is that I'm sorry for his loss, but I'm simply paying forward the same price I had to pay (and that all of us had to pay) over the course of our time spent here.

I wouldn't want to end my first and only comment here (as I will not enter polemics with anyone...was just an explanation of my actions) without referring a bit to what Rechinu have posted as being our conversation.
I guess that if someone translated that, you all know how it went. I just wanted to add that he didn't posted it entirely, so I think I should post the beginning too, so that people can understand (if they didn't knew yet) what type of person he is. This is the beginning of that conversation:
<removed>

Hoping I've made myself clear about this matter, I end this comment by reminding you all that your actions are your own, weather you win or lose. Now if you'll excuse me, Boreas, Icarus and newb rig awaits me... Newbs with extra peds, guns and info about the game are a big asset to the game - a bigger one than someone who deliberately follows a 3 step clicking process in a wrong manner, then expects refunds.

Best regards,
Madalina.

Over & out!

ty for the paragraphs easier to read.....did the buyers brother get punished? why would the brother make this mistake? its not funny to loss money..

im just askin since the brother made the mistake did he get "bashed" and asked to pay the money back?

I'm kind of on Mandy's side too.

For one who has that much PED ingame and is not deadly careful with it?

If you had 1000$ US in your wallet would you not be insanely carefull with your wallet and checking every bill you put out making sure two 100$ bills didn't stick together?

I got a 10,000K ped HOF once you know what i did? took it off my ped car and put the ped in storage so i didn't spend it by accident.

I'm sick and tired of people not being responsible for themselves in general in this world thats all parents teach there kids lately is how to NOT be responsible and that there is no consequence for mistakes.

I'm sorry for the OP but ppl shouldn't flame mandy for it.

Status
Back