Social Interface Preview

nice update, but we need advertising :)

omg ... seriously ?

Yup definately seriously: though I would have loved them to re-implement some old stuff (like taming and such) first, I do appreciate the revamping of the social system.
I may not like all of the pasty "improvements" but i definitely like this one :)

NEED INTERFACE FOR MS SCHEDULES!

oops caps :tongue2:
Otherwise, looks interesting. Especially item linking (suppose it's in there somewhere?) and offline messaging.

Yup definately seriously: though I would have loved them to re-implement some old stuff (like taming and such) first, I do appreciate the revamping of the social system.
I may not like all of the pasty "improvements" but i definitely like this one :)

This is just an announcement of one feature in the upcoming update. For all we know, taming is coming back too. (For all we know, mindforce is going away again lol)

What I'm saying is, I don't think a new chat system is all that's in the works with the upcoming VU.

it looks awesome, its a great improvement to the game! :yay:

I think I'm going to chat much more with that interface than with the current one.... :)
words are already flying out of my mouth:tongue2:

... Oh, look! A shiny new object!

FIX THE BROKEN STUFF FIRST! :wise:

The new interface looks really nice and more professional design.

This is something i wanted a long time, i hope it will be close to ass good as i hope. But i belive it will be a pain for a good wile before it start to work decent hehe
Crossing fingers ;)

... Oh, look! A shiny new object!

FIX THE BROKEN STUFF FIRST! :wise:

Our current social interface is basically broken.

This is a huge priority item for a lot of players and should have been done long ago.

Is it free to send messages to offline players?

It looks like text contrast is going to (continue/increasingly) be a problem. Please look into that.

If you can just go back to the UI pre-CE2 that would be great. In that system you could shoot your gun, hit the hotkey for chat, dash off a comment, carriage return, and not miss the next shot/fap/course correction.

If you try to do that now, not only will you probably miss the first few characters and also possibly end up with a million windows open, but you are 100% guaranteed to drop the last (few). It seems that once keypresses were properly queued, whereas now some are processed immediately and others queued, leading to schizophrenic UI issues.

Was, before your suggestion :)

Nah, always was going to be for premium members. Money can't buy you love but damn if it can't buy you more FL slots and better comm options. :eyecrazy:

Nah, always was going to be for premium members. Money can't buy you love but damn if it can't buy you more FL slots and better comm options. :eyecrazy:

Ideas of it being a premium feature have been floated over the years but I think that we have no definitive reason to believe that it will or won't cost extra.

Pray that a premium will be enough to cut all the nigerian princes and virile drugs off your message center :ahh:

BTW, where is this Planet Dev? I sure hope we get to see it soon! :yay:

Theres a wormhole near deep space between RT and toulan.

BTW, where is this Planet Dev? I sure hope we get to see it soon! :yay:

Theres a wormhole near deep space between RT and toulan.

That's the Howling Mine, but you might be really onto something here - when had it been visited last time by anyone? For all we know, there might be MA's taming proving grounds :silly2:

But most likely the Planet Dev is behind the Charlie the Unitrout.

Howling Mine is just a front for the wormhole, to lead explorers astray :thumbup:

That's the Howling Mine, but you might be really onto something here - when had it been visited last time by anyone? For all we know, there might be MA's taming proving grounds :silly2:

I was there 2 weeks ago. Nothing happening there, just a big asteroid with a hole in it. lol

Impressive. Can't wait to see it in action. Now I can hide hofs and have a aakas runner channel.

TAMING ?

Seriously, I didn't even bother reading the OP, but its more stuff no-one asked for and the stuff that everybody is asking for continues to be neglected ... I don't get it

Angel

On pic Krzpri14 hunted all day and did not found any wool.
Also Ms Rawr dont have any.
Some kind of loot rebalance?

Hof Ticker seem on screeen thing and out of new chat features, hope we will have mode to swich it off.

Offline messaging has been asked for since game started more or less and if you read OP you will see that this update seams to be really good, we will probably have some bugs but thats part of it ;)

TAMING ?

Seriously, I didn't even bother reading the OP, but its more stuff no-one asked for and the stuff that everybody is asking for continues to be neglected ... I don't get it

Angel

I would like to see player to player offline trades. Nothing harder than trying to meet up in different time zones!

Nice to finally see this appearing in game.

To reduce spam i think some kind of cost would be nice. As long as its not too high i think its fair.

I'm curious about item linking and exactly how that would work. In the pic i think we see an example of it and seems to suggest only recipient or someone clicking link can see stats...wonder if item lock will also appear.

Please tell me there'll be a way to mute/kick players from your custom chat etc.
And auto mute if people spam on global channels.. Can be like 5 min per message..

Back